JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:13 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1350, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 1348, humaneatingmonkey wrote: what's pinging me about jackson is that he's not scumhunting
You’re telling me “ketchup bad” isn’t scum hunting? Say it ain’t so :shifty:
But ketchup bad!!!
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:13 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

im afraid if we do focus on purplemango, there wouldn't be space to give pressure to slots i want to get pressured because it seems purplemango is an easy elimination. there's a consensus that he's acting sus. what i really want is to pressure jackson more. I'm not sure how, as town, is he playing in a way that's trying to find scum. that's not what I'm seeing at all. even his ketchup push feels forced.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:14 pm

jackson can you like give me an insight into where your head is at this game
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:15 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1346, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 1345, skitter30 wrote: Kay how would you feel abt a mango vote?
I’d feel better about one if those wanting to and/or voting him would engage with my post dedicated to analyzing his ISO. At the moment, it looks to me like you are trying to get a wagon to start no matter who it is and that feels off to me. SF didn’t go anywhere, Jackson didn’t go anywhere, and I don’t see you having concrete reasons to vote these 3 so it feels moreso like you just want to vote anyone. It’s making me pay more attention to those you haven’t tried pushing at all.
Yeah, I'm kinda having a hard time getting ~into the game and I think part of that is that a lot of wagons are kinda stagnating. I'm trying to make something for myself to engage with that will hopefully produce results i can read
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:15 pm

i kinda feel like you're trying to have fun, keeping it cool, and checking out ketchup's slot but i don't really feel as if you believe that. especially after your advice on dragon where I'm trying to see if you would do that on ketchup but it's missing pizzaz.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:16 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1293, KayJayQueue wrote: Here’s my overview of
PurpleMango
in this game thus far:

His first few posts were fluff, joining in with the rest of us. NAI in any way.

His first seemingly serious posts are defending sleepy/skitter-slot: , , , , .

Moving the conversation onto someone else: .

Asking dragon about his sus on sleepy/skitter-slot: , , .

Being quite irresolute with his reads: , , , .

Makes a solid claim about reads in but then walks it back immediately into uncertain territory with .

More ambiguity with .

First real reads in but then gets slightly less sturdy with and .

It feels like the willingness to vote skitter in is disingenuous distancing? (possibly)

Offers to expand on the one thing he seems most certain of in , we shall see if that post ever comes to fruition.

My conclusion is that if he is scum, it seems very likely that it’s with skitter just from his ISO. But this is a tentative idea in my head.

Any and all comments, criticisms, and responses are quite welcome.
My issue with a lot of what he'a doing is that it doesn't seem like he has solid reads, but is kind of wiffle-waffle-y
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:17 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Yeah I feel a sense of bravado around jackson's votes that keeps pinging me but they also said somewhere that this is a purposeful playstyle choice so i'm trying not to read too much into that
Show
Hiatus once more.

humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:18 pm

my review of KJQ's case is that i townread it very much so, especially in the circumstance that she did it in the game, but also... and i don't want to discourage it... but it seems very confbiased to purple as scum and less evaluative on what town!purple would look like.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:20 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

my 2 min quickdraw analysis of purple is that his primary concern seems to be answering people in a way that they want rather than in a hunt-y way
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:21 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 1358, humaneatingmonkey wrote: my review of KJQ's case is that i townread it very much so, especially in the circumstance that she did it in the game, but also... and i don't want to discourage it... but it seems very confbiased to purple as scum and less evaluative on what town!purple would look like.
That’s probably extremely accurate, I’d have to look into his old games to get a better read on him as town.
zachheus
zachheus
he/him
Townie
zachheus
he/him
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:21 pm

Post by zachheus »

In post 1357, skitter30 wrote: Yeah I feel a sense of bravado around jackson's votes that keeps pinging me but they also said somewhere that this is a purposeful playstyle choice so i'm trying not to read too much into that
This is why I have found it impossible to have a read on Jackson from the beginning
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:22 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

hedgy otoh i think that behavior can come from newer town a bit more being very like... "i am going to go with this person's take more because i don't have the confidence yet"
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:27 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

Or you could be like me and have too much confidence in your reads that are actually way off. I’m a pro at this!
Purplemango
Purplemango
He/him + any neos
Goon
Purplemango
He/him + any neos
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him + any neos

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:31 pm

Post by Purplemango »

In post 1356, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1293, KayJayQueue wrote: Here’s my overview of
PurpleMango
in this game thus far:

His first few posts were fluff, joining in with the rest of us. NAI in any way.

His first seemingly serious posts are defending sleepy/skitter-slot: , , , , .

Moving the conversation onto someone else: .

Asking dragon about his sus on sleepy/skitter-slot: , , .

Being quite irresolute with his reads: , , , .

Makes a solid claim about reads in but then walks it back immediately into uncertain territory with .

More ambiguity with .

First real reads in but then gets slightly less sturdy with and .

It feels like the willingness to vote skitter in is disingenuous distancing? (possibly)

Offers to expand on the one thing he seems most certain of in , we shall see if that post ever comes to fruition.

My conclusion is that if he is scum, it seems very likely that it’s with skitter just from his ISO. But this is a tentative idea in my head.

Any and all comments, criticisms, and responses are quite welcome.
My issue with a lot of what he'a doing is that it doesn't seem like he has solid reads, but is kind of wiffle-waffle-y
I don't think there will a time where it'll be like "oh yea i'm sure kay is town" or something like that
I still try to give my thoughts kinda
I can be too much sure in random things, its sound funny
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:39 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 1364, Purplemango wrote: I don't think there will a time where it'll be like "oh yea i'm sure kay is town" or something like that
Come on I know you wanna townread me!
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:44 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1353, humaneatingmonkey wrote: jackson can you like give me an insight into where your head is at this game
A lot of this game has been pretty stunted for me because of the weird stick up the ass behaviour from the experienced players and the amount of fluff-posting from the top three players, myself included, so the people who post a small amount I don’t have a strong read about which I’ll try and rectify.

Where I’m at is that I’m fairly skeptical about ketchup in particular, there’s a few things about them that I actively believe is scummy and then some that I feel would be weird to but knowing how ketchup plays and that I don’t have a reference to a scum game of his so I’m actively doing my best to be impartial and see him for what he is this time around.

I think purple was townie based on the fact that their behaviour was almost twtbw status. I didn’t expect a wolf to be outwardly okay with voting somebody with no reason. I feel a scum instinctively wants to add some form of reasoning behind their actions. There wasn’t really any, the only semblance of doubt there would be a direct pairing with skitter.

In retrospect I’m thinking dragons posts looked bad because of how dragon speaks in particular more than anything to do with the game. You came in and I feel a conflict with you but this feeing resembles the Frenemies game so I’m discounting that feeling somewhat and trying to look further than it. I think your talk about thread health was good, I could understand why a townie would want to restore it but also I’m labelling this as NAI as you could also have just said this out of respect for the game itself snd the newer players. Initially I thought it was scummy how you had few reads, but kept complaining about things and in fact I got a little frustrated you telling me Im not scum hunting while you’ve shared fuck all yourself of actual substance. Overall I think I’m reading you as scummy just because it’s you, and that’s stupid so in an attempt to look beyond that I think you’re town but I am still working through this. When I find time to actually sink into putting a lot more thought I will be coming back to this.

For skitter I don’t like how neutral they’ve been acting since day start. They’ve started the game townreading dragon, I don’t recall a single time they explained this except “pushing out of rvs is good, *thumbs up*” and the behaviours around early pushes were wither reciprocations or shutting down an idea. I don’t recall a single unique thought they had about a scumread except the read on me and even then it was vague and ended up seeming like just because they don’t understand my mindset that I’m wolfy, this is just incredibly shallow reasoning as the only push they’ve seemed to do on their own and now recently they’ve even acted neutral towards that calling that same reason to scumread me as logic to neutral read me almost. It’s different words but it’s looking at the same stuff.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:44 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Feel free to ask me to clarify anything

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:45 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

That’s my primary four focus, I have reads outside of them but I’m barely thinking about them. I should be though

wiki // GTKAS
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:48 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Prodding StraightFlush.
zachheus
zachheus
he/him
Townie
zachheus
he/him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:49 pm

Post by zachheus »

In post 1364, Purplemango wrote: I don't think there will a time where it'll be like "oh yea i'm sure kay is town" or something like that
I can relate to this but I think it's healthier for the game state if we (like us specifically since we're on the lower end of posting) just post more and give the others content to work with even if we aren't confident in our thoughts. The only way to improve at the game is to engage, not that I'm calling you bad or anything since I have no way of knowing but hopefully you understand what I'm saying
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:53 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1361, zachheus wrote:
In post 1357, skitter30 wrote: Yeah I feel a sense of bravado around jackson's votes that keeps pinging me but they also said somewhere that this is a purposeful playstyle choice so i'm trying not to read too much into that
This is why I have found it impossible to have a read on Jackson from the beginning
Is it? Can you elaborate

wiki // GTKAS
zachheus
zachheus
he/him
Townie
zachheus
he/him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:58 pm

Post by zachheus »

In post 1371, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1361, zachheus wrote:
Is it? Can you elaborate
I just haven't been sure what to make of your general aura/personality and how that translates to the game. You project as knowledgeable and charismatic and it makes me sort of inherently want to give more weight to what you say since I'm quite new to all of this but I'm also aware of how that can be a bad thing lol. So I come away unsure of what to make of you.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:59 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

I’d like to comment on the Jack-dragon interaction because I think I have a good read on it. I think it was NAI on both of their parts. If Jack is pinging anyone based off of that, I’m fairly confident he was just genuinely annoyed at dragon. I’m not saying it absolves him of anything else in the game but that specific encounter I’d like to firmly say is NAI for Jack (and I’m semi-confident it was the same from dragon but things he did before and after were possibly AI, however maybe the lines are blurred)
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:14 pm

i don't feel as if i've been stuck up, nor do i think ydrasse has been stuck up. anybody really feel this way about us?

yeah i laughed when i left skitter out of there, too.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:15 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

Short answer: yes