humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:05 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

do you really care about the answer, JV? because if what I'm doing right now is telling you about what i think about the gamestate then i don't know what this is.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:14 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I’ve asked, answer me
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:15 pm

bro... everything out of my mouth has been about what i think about the gamestate... this feels like a question just for optics...
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:16 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I thought the same yet you still asked me. Do me the decency and answer my question.

wiki // GTKAS
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:20 pm

my idea about the gamestate has been very clear and I've articulated much about it that i really feel that this question is all redundant and silly. if you feel the need to push me because i didn't answer your question or something and that makes me scum, go ahead and do it.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:23 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

You asked us to repeat our issue with skitter/ydra/you ad nauseam. Pretty sure we felt it was redundant and silly. Yet you made us out to be purposefully dodging your questions when we weren’t.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:25 pm

Fine. I'll quote my shit.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:30 pm

In post 1406, KayJayQueue wrote: purposefully dodging your questions
for what it's worth, this isn't what I'm making it out to be. the theme that connects us have yet to be put into words but have been repeatedly referred to, and when asked people about it, the answers were unsubstantial. jackson said it was how connected we were, but when pressed that we didn't even refer to each other, he said used the wrong words. later he has said that it was that we were playing with a stick up our butt. ketchup said no one had any good reasons about it. you were the only one who pointed out that it was that we were the three in the wagon and it was only that, but not before i pushed for the answer "ad nauseum". this is dangerous practice because you were already building theories on top of it without even articulating what the connection was.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:37 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

I referenced the pages where your combined dynamic pinged hard before I explicitly said anything about the wagon and I’m glad I waited because in that time, you three did it again, further proving my point.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:40 pm

Spoiler: What I felt about the RVS and StraightFlush's reaction to Dragon's post
In post 852, humaneatingmonkey wrote: I want to put StraightFlush to E-1 for picking up a soft claim on mason and then deciding to escalate it to public awareness without any prompt. That feels like a kiting technique to fish out actual masons. And it's my first actual read of the game because everything else before that post was straight-up junk.

Spoiler: What I felt about JV's role in RVS
In post 859, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 541, skitter30 wrote: jacksonvirgo feels a little off to me tho
ditto. i assume he should be feeling uncomfortable about extending rvs as an experienced town player. so that makes me feel a bit hmm. meanwhile, there's more value to extending rvs as scum because you get to endear yourself to people without being alignment indicative.
In post 865, humaneatingmonkey wrote: unless ydrasse fixed core issues with her playstyle, i lean towards her being town. as scum, her playfulness drains to zero.
Spoiler: What I feel about JV's interaction with Dragon
In post 928, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 734, JacksonVirgo wrote: I’ll give you some advice. Put your backbone behind everything. Exaggerating if you need to. Fake it all until you make it.

Saying it’s vanity, showing the weakness behind the read makes it meaningless
why is jacksonvirgo giving my slot advice instead of just treating my like caught scum? sus
In post 931, humaneatingmonkey wrote: meanwhile you were scumreading him!

it reads to me as if you're scum and you're watching poor dragoneater misplay as town, and wanted to help him - thus this is the result

Spoiler: What I did to get a better read on StraightFlush's slot
In post 987, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 909, StraightFlush wrote:
In post 903, humaneatingmonkey wrote: can you tell me which posts he started to begin to read like scum and what was the pressure he was responding to, and what posts were him lashing out?
582 was the first obviously hostile post, starting an argument with Jackson. More telling, however, is 587, where he says he's "voting the only person he feels comfortable voting". He then exchanges a couple more nothingburger posts before retiring for the night. The next morning he comes out swinging with a Jackson vote at 680, refusing to elaborate further. He also says "finally, a wagon" when there is no semblance of a Jackson wagon at the time, suggesting he thinks more people will support him than actually will because he's just that much smarter than everyone else. From there he begins arguing with Ketchup and positing that he is simply bad at making reads, and starts mansplaining all over the place. The Jackson vote strikes me as petty and the continued arguments with new people strike me as desperate. KayJay then probes Dragon about his behavior and insists in 692 that his views are not just shaped by ketchup's opinions of him, saying that there are other examples, but refusing to cover those other examples in any more depth. By 761 he seems to have cooled off and reaffirms his vote on Skitter, but just a few minutes later he sheeps Ydrasse's vote using evidence that already existed well before he had any inkling of suspicion about me, which is shallow and reads like kowtowing for towncred to accelerate the decline of the wagon on him. I also read his sub-out as petty but apparently we're supposed to avoid talking about that (unrealistic) so I'll leave it there.
i keep thinking about what your pov implies on your read on Dragon. it seems as if you feel negative about the way he's playing, less so you think he's playing to win as scum.

Spoiler: What I felt about purplemango's catch-up post
In post 993, humaneatingmonkey wrote: purplemango's last post is really off, in that the reads feel like they have not been filtered through an uninformed perspective. there's a lack of confusion that is expected from noob town.

Spoiler: How I feel about ketchup and KJQ
In post 999, humaneatingmonkey wrote: im so
v a l i d a t e d

ketchup and kjq wont be scum scumreading me and then agreeing to something i just said. i don't think that's within the range of possibilities. one of them has to be town.
In post 1000, humaneatingmonkey wrote: unless they just pulled a 200iq move to pocketing me. i don't want to underestimate anyone, but I'm going to gamble on them not doing that

Spoiler: What I feel about Purplemango's catch-up post, part 2
In post 1012, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 1005, Purplemango wrote:
In post 993, humaneatingmonkey wrote: purplemango's last post is really off, in that the reads feel like they have not been filtered through an uninformed perspective. there's a lack of confusion that is expected from noob town.
Why? I did play in the past, also before the site
I don't think its so weird that i know things
i think it's the clarity in which you can determine that someone is town from very slim information - particularly about me. For example, you do not have shared any POV that I may be scum wherein even I can read DragonEater and think "the hell is this guy doing". That you could conclude that DE is town by play, and I would make sense as town too makes me think you do not have the point of view that I could be scum too. (Because you know who the scum are.)

Spoiler: What I feel about people referring to a skitter/ydra/hem connection
In post 1159, humaneatingmonkey wrote: lots of talk about the link between skitter, ydra, and hem (now purple?) - no one has properly articulated the phenomenon.

Spoiler: When asked about what I think about the rest
In post 1181, humaneatingmonkey wrote: for the rest, it's day 1 and really not much has happened that is alignment-indicative. the most alignment-indicative stuff has been the bind on two of you. apart from that I'm just getting a baseline for everybody. i have ideas that are not alignment indicative for now, but would be if the game opens up.

Spoiler: What I feel about the rate of posts and how it affects our ability to find scum
In post 1277, humaneatingmonkey wrote: i dont mean to sound mean or kill joy. please enjoy the game. but also, there's value in slowing down. i can also spam as much as i want (i call it spam, because that's what i call posting multiple times per day) but it really is a week left and the other people I'm thinking about are newbies who will be overwhelmed with the amount of content they need to chew on. i don't want things to be buried and i want to give the initiative to people who aren't often here. I'm thinking: how will this person react to this? how will this person try and find scum from this gamestate? that's very valuable if i want to get info on their slot. but it won't be as valuable if they won't be able to react because the moment has passed, or can hide among the multiple posts here. please understand my point of view.
In post 1279, humaneatingmonkey wrote: and think about it. do i, as scum, want the gamestate to slow down where I'm the top scum pick for most of the wagon? is that really my agenda here? maybe I'm town who wants the thread to be a little more parsable for other newbies. not everybody has the same energy.

for example, i have half the mind that purple's post was that way because he was overwhelmed with the amount of stuff he needed to respond on and he skipped a bunch of stuff. now, i can't eliminate that possibility if the game won't slow down and he won't be given the chance to take initiative. you see where I'm going with this?
In post 1309, humaneatingmonkey wrote: in an hour, SF will be prodded and he will need to post game-advancing content. what he chooses to post and focus on will be info-rich. same with ydrasse, zach, skitter should their timers run out. and even if their timers run out, eventually they will be showing up to this thread. and if it's slow, they will be forced to take initiative on what they want to do in this game and it will be info-rich. that's why slowing down the game is the right play for now, especially since we have a lot of time. from my pov, as long as i talk to both of you i am talking to at least one town so if i want more chance to catch scum, i want to hear less from you and more from other slots. also, i feel as if you did listen to me yesterday when i explained how slowing down the game will help town. thank you so much.

Spoiler: How I feel about JV's influence on the game and what I think about his play
In post 1348, humaneatingmonkey wrote: what's pinging me about jackson is that he's not scumhunting
In post 1352, humaneatingmonkey wrote: im afraid if we do focus on purplemango, there wouldn't be space to give pressure to slots i want to get pressured because it seems purplemango is an easy elimination. there's a consensus that he's acting sus. what i really want is to pressure jackson more. I'm not sure how, as town, is he playing in a way that's trying to find scum. that's not what I'm seeing at all. even his ketchup push feels forced.
In post 1355, humaneatingmonkey wrote: i kinda feel like you're trying to have fun, keeping it cool, and checking out ketchup's slot but i don't really feel as if you believe that. especially after your advice on dragon where I'm trying to see if you would do that on ketchup but it's missing pizzaz.
In post 1358, humaneatingmonkey wrote: my review of KJQ's case is that i townread it very much so, especially in the circumstance that she did it in the game, but also... and i don't want to discourage it... but it seems very confbiased to purple as scum and less evaluative on what town!purple would look like.
In post 1390, humaneatingmonkey wrote: because i think you've raised the narrative that we're stuck up, and so it's obviously going to be in comparison to how you've been playing - another experienced player. i also think you've had much influence in enabling the extended rvs, and the multiposting. to the point that when i did raise the concern about it, it felt like you rebuffed it by saying it's an excuse to not contribute to the thread. really, what I'm trying to get to the bottom of is how much influence you've had in the game and how much of that influence is anti-town if you really squint your eyes.
In post 1393, humaneatingmonkey wrote: i'll lay off it now. i want to put it out there as to not get lost in the ether. because when you explained where your head is at, it feels as if you agree that the way things were going weren't really very pro-town and it was contradictory to the gamestate that you were encouraging. and it seems as if you agree, because you want to rectify it.
In post 1397, humaneatingmonkey wrote: i don't feel as if ydrasse's comments have segmented the game further. what i feel has segmented the game is you actually segmenting the game by giving an us vs them narrative about what's fun and what isn't fun, newbies vs experienced, one side of town vs other side of town. you've done this plenty of times. I'm not asking for perfectly optimal, nor i think anyone is.
In post 1403, humaneatingmonkey wrote: bro... everything out of my mouth has been about what i think about the gamestate... this feels like a question just for optics...
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:41 pm

In post 1409, KayJayQueue wrote: I referenced the pages where your combined dynamic pinged hard before I explicitly said anything about the wagon and I’m glad I waited because in that time, you three did it again, further proving my point.
The thought being articulated is what I wanted
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:42 pm

Post 865 is "What I feel about Ydrasse's slot"
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:47 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 1411, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 1409, KayJayQueue wrote: I referenced the pages where your combined dynamic pinged hard before I explicitly said anything about the wagon and I’m glad I waited because in that time, you three did it again, further proving my point.
The thought being articulated is what I wanted
Do you not see how maybe it was strategic in my part not to articulate it when I got more information by waiting? At least in my opinion, I believe I made the right choice. Did it appease you? No. But it wasn’t because I wanted to ignore you or annoy you by not explaining. I thought it was better for my read on the lower half of my list to not give my full opinion and allow you all to correct something you may not have realized you were doing. I think I got more information this way.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:53 pm

i'm disputing that you could be strategic in any way
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:54 pm

i'm not*

i will be making grammatical mistakes this whole game. the language isn't my first.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:56 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 1414, humaneatingmonkey wrote: i'm disputing that you could be strategic in any way
Quote of the game 💀
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:57 pm

i'm sorry, i meant the opposite
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:58 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 1417, humaneatingmonkey wrote: i'm sorry, i meant the opposite
I know, but it’s fucking hilarious :lol:
StraightFlush
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:59 pm

Post by StraightFlush »

Evening. As you've probably gathered I'm struggling to stay invested in the game rn. Having three simulgames going across sites is foolhardy for anyone with a life, and I hope I never goad myself into trying it again. Here's a small readlist:

Ydrasse: This slot first since it was my first real-ish vote of the game. Content seems rather dry, their progression on Purple feels very sheepy. Behavior wrt me is fine. Not sure about the "triumvirate" idea between her/HEM/skitter. Reactions have been towny. Starting to think my scummy feelings around her were just objections to her playstyle so I'll pin her as towny for now

KayJayQueue: Scummier the more I look at her. Zigzags in and out of fluff mode like an Olympic skiier on the slalom. 1399 unsettles me for some reason. Sometimes she's the definition of "talks a lot, says nothing", sometimes she's in the middle of everything and hounding almost everyone (except me I guess). The Mango Manifesto(tm) seems like a targeted tool for pushing an LHF wagon and I mindmeld with HEM's concerns about confbias.

HEM: Townier the more I look at him. I think his presence has been consistently good for thread in the last couple days, he's butting heads with people a fair bit (esp Jackson) but I get the sense that he's keeping one eye on the solve at all times and just wants to hear from everyone. Cool stuff all around rn, solid townread. Kind of erases my ill will towards the slot from Dragon since HEM plays a lot like Dragon, but in a much healthier way that I'm guessing Dragon wanted to go for.

skitter30: Seems like a bit of a hot topic, I'm personally not vibing with the slot based on what I've read. Seems to be tunneling Jackson a bit, the most notable interaction chain I've seen is them voting Jackson while questioning them about their sus on Ketchup, and then seemingly starting beef with Ketchup later. Maybe the ISO is limiting how I view that but it's a bit of a scumlean, they've been very reserved in talking about anything not in their core interests (like Jackson) which I feel is scum behavior more often than not.

Purplemango: Stereotypical new player, I think the shading of their play is unwarranted and arguably manufactured. Complaining about someone's reads being "wishy-washy" on D1 is asinine. Their reactions to the pressure on their slot and wagon have been fine. Townread and it'll probably stay there until flips

Zachheus: More noobie lowposter energy but slightly more sus. Too much mindmelding with KJQ for my taste and they seem to be fine coasting between flavor-of-the-month wagons. Kind of NAI for a newbie but I'll put him at mixed for now

JacksonDingo: 250 posts? Slow down, Jack. On a more serious note, he seems quite surly. Very vocal with his reads but struggles to articulate some of them (see: Ketchup) in a way I'd usually find scummy. However, Jackson is too confrontational and headstrong at this juncture to make his slot seem wolfy. More than makes up for the long RVS where in hindsight it kinda felt like he was getting strung along by myself and KJQ. Townread until further major developments.

ketchup777: I have no clue what I'm looking at anymore and I'm too lazy to read that bloated fucking ISO, ketchup you're gonna give me an aneurysm. I'll just say townlean since that's the default for substantive highposters. Powerscumming not out of the question at all tho

On a scale of towny to scummy:
TOWN
JacksonVirstop
Purplemango
Monke
Ydrasse
Zachheus Ketchup777
Skitter30
KayJayQueue
SCUM
#Rule6KillsBabies
StraightFlush
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:00 pm

Post by StraightFlush »

This formatting is no fun, ketchup was supposed to be waaaaaaaaaay off to the right as a joke
#Rule6KillsBabies
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:04 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I’ve read everything, I’ll sit on it all and come back later I’m too tired to respond in a decent way but will in the morning.

Also SF, I only like people really close to me calling me Jack so please avoid that, Jackson is fine. Thanks brother

wiki // GTKAS
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:05 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 1419, StraightFlush wrote: KayJayQueue: Scummier the more I look at her. Zigzags in and out of fluff mode like an Olympic skiier on the slalom.
Don’t hate me because I’m flexible! Being serious 24/7 would be an incredibly dull way to play, for me personally.
StraightFlush
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:12 pm

Post by StraightFlush »

In post 1422, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 1419, StraightFlush wrote: KayJayQueue: Scummier the more I look at her. Zigzags in and out of fluff mode like an Olympic skiier on the slalom.
Don’t hate me because I’m flexible! Being serious 24/7 would be an incredibly dull way to play, for me personally.
I see players like that all the time, and I don't hold it against them; hell, I'm often one of them as you've probably seen. But I feel like you amp that up an extra notch by comparison
#Rule6KillsBabies
StraightFlush
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:13 pm

Post by StraightFlush »

Shit my vote's still on Dragonslot rn isn't it

VOTE: KayJayQueue
#Rule6KillsBabies
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:18 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 1423, StraightFlush wrote:
In post 1422, KayJayQueue wrote:
I see players like that all the time, and I don't hold it against them; hell, I'm often one of them as you've probably seen. But I feel like you amp that up an extra notch by comparison
I’m an overachiever

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”