Mini 2331 - Touhou UPick: Anonymous Edition (Game Over)

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5600 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:24 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

I've made note of this idiosyncrasy of Kaguya's like, 5 times. Once I think last page.
But Kaguya/Yuuka
excludes
Dai/Yuuka.
Oh, sunflower, so tired of time passing!
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5601 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:24 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

In post 5599, Reisen Udongein Inaba wrote:
In post 5596, Yuuka Kazami wrote: I guess I could have coordinated with them.
But then I spent hours faking ignorance when apparently, I knew the whole time what they were discussing and what their roles were.
That would be hard to fake and come off as unnatural.
If you think how I was posting was unnatural there, I'd be pretty surprised.
That’s fair.

So this is the crossroads I’m at. Dai is still on the outside of my townreads.

I’m not too invested in yuuka/dai

I think kaguyas behavior comes off scummy, but a S/S hood with dai also doesn’t make sense to me. Not to mention they could just not mention the hood at all if so.
Aw, it's like seeing me 2 days ago.
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5602 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:26 am

Post by Kaguya Houraisan »

In post 5538, Yukari Yakumo wrote:
Deadline:
(expired on 2024-04-07 14:43:23)
We should be deciding now if we're no limming or if we're gonna try to kill someone here
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Goon
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5603 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:29 am

Post by Reisen Udongein Inaba »

In post 5598, Kaguya Houraisan wrote:
In post 5597, Reisen Udongein Inaba wrote: Yuuka makes the public realization that the clownpiece hood is unclaimed, dai pops back in with the knowledge you were in the hood with clown and drops a vote. It would be suspicious if I were you. It doesn’t involve me and I made note of it timing wise.
Still not getting why this is suspicious, do you think other people weren't having the realization of "everyone checked in and no one has claimed the hood -> either Dai or scum were in the hood" just without posting it?
Idk maybe it’s just we have different styles. There’s a bigger thing that I can’t wrap my head around and it’s your handling of dai. I can’t imagine you were that sure of dai!town when this plan was being made if you were willing to omit or withhold info between the hoods. But things like not being put off by the yuuka/dai timing comes off like you were already in the town!dai camp.

So it doesn’t line up to me, I can’t get behind the thinking.
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Goon
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5604 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:29 am

Post by Reisen Udongein Inaba »

In post 5601, Yuuka Kazami wrote:
In post 5599, Reisen Udongein Inaba wrote:
In post 5596, Yuuka Kazami wrote: I guess I could have coordinated with them.
But then I spent hours faking ignorance when apparently, I knew the whole time what they were discussing and what their roles were.
That would be hard to fake and come off as unnatural.
If you think how I was posting was unnatural there, I'd be pretty surprised.
That’s fair.

So this is the crossroads I’m at. Dai is still on the outside of my townreads.

I’m not too invested in yuuka/dai

I think kaguyas behavior comes off scummy, but a S/S hood with dai also doesn’t make sense to me. Not to mention they could just not mention the hood at all if so.
Aw, it's like seeing me 2 days ago.
I’m chugging along fast as I can :oops:
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5605 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:40 am

In post 5603, Reisen Udongein Inaba wrote: There’s a bigger thing that I can’t wrap my head around and it’s your handling of dai. I can’t imagine you were that sure of dai!town when this plan was being made if you were willing to omit or withhold info between the hoods. But things like not being put off by the yuuka/dai timing comes off like you were already in the town!dai camp.

So it doesn’t line up to me, I can’t get behind the thinking.
I fullclaimed to Dai and actively thought Dai was town and said as much in the Clownpiece hood, the only thing I omitted was the Clownpiece claim
Kagerou Imaizumi
Kagerou Imaizumi
Goon
Kagerou Imaizumi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5606 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:40 am

Post by Kagerou Imaizumi »

In post 5602, Kaguya Houraisan wrote:
Deadline:
We should be deciding now if we're no limming or if we're gonna try to kill someone here
I'll make it simple.
Dai》》》》》》Yukka > No Lim
awoooo !
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5607 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:42 am

In post 5605, Kaguya Houraisan wrote: I fullclaimed to Dai and actively thought Dai was town and said as much in the Clownpiece hood, the only thing I omitted was the Clownpiece claim
Like I was actively ready to co-ordinate with Dai on her Hider claim to keep her alive before Clownpiece came back with their fullclaim and the plan
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5608 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:45 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

Deadline:
Koushi/Aya probably should make that call.
I probably just prefer killing Kagerou. Even though it will be difficult and annoying to push that one through.
And the push back if I'm wrong will be terrible and miserable. Esp. If Marisa claims a guilty on me right after.

On the otherhand. it makes the world easier. Because of Kagerou's pacing.
But this is politics, not scum hunting.

I simply don't know what to make of their constant failures when it comes to having read the flips both when they just replaced in and later throughout the day to the point of just not knowing what people's roles are and were.
I know they gave the excuse that they prefer to hunt in real time(short hand, I know it's more nuanced than that), but it didn't stop them from checking on Larvae associations. It also didn't stop them from engaging with mechanics and for someone that hates mechanics they seem to have a better grasp on some of the nuances on more recent topics than I do and you don't become proficient by disliking it. Not to mention, it seems they interpreted my talk with Kaguya as trying to undermine a game plan which is mistakes, not read based. They're strictly adhering to what they've said they'd do in some ways and not in others.

So they're a human being Yuuka, get to your point.

Yeah, I guess their opinion about role overlap sucks and I think that's scummy.

I guess the political arena is more their comfort zone so they try to corral people that try to solve through other means and methods. It's advantageous for them to pull me out of whatever current thoughts I'm having at the time and argue in their more familiar territory.
It's such a weird playstyle/blind spot.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5609 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:47 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

I guess I just plain don't believe that someone that says they care about solving so much that they want to control what topics people discuss would also not read who flipped before engaging in it.

I know, they don't play temporally or whatever.
But, they're the one that said they don't play in a vacuum, not me.
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5610 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:58 am

In post 5606, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote:
Deadline:
I'll make it simple.
Dai》》》》》》Yukka > No Lim
Daiyousei
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5611 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:20 am

Post by Daiyousei »

Zero brain at the moment. Probably net negative brain after trying to parse pages upon pages of mech talk while on mobile.

I intentionally delayed my revive as long as I reasonably could, to give maximum time to get people's opinions of my disappearance and also to give Kaguya time to claim the hood. I submitted my choice to revive right before going to bed at a time where the time limit would have passed when I woke up. The timing is nothing deeper than that. If you choose to not believe me, then that's your prerogative, but telling me you don't believe me is not going to change this explanation.

If we go the No Extermination route today, then I will hold off on trying to get myself killed, because MELO's at 6 and the Marisa 1v1 conundrum still applies. If there's an elimination I'm latching myself onto Koishi.
how m i supposed 2 have a "signature" when i don't have a name? like wth do i sign
Daiyousei
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5612 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:22 am

Post by Daiyousei »

In post 5586, Koishi Komeiji wrote:
In post 5584, Kaguya Houraisan wrote:
In post 5578, Reisen Udongein Inaba wrote: Kaguya, did yuuka/dai’s timing on when dai came back to thread not bother you at all?

I’ve been mulling over it for awhile now.
What do you mean? Dai came back like 10 minutes before 24 hours after the flip passed and also claimed to be on a timer for sending in the revive command
Why does anyone of any any alignment NOT press the button I guess is my objection to this being clearing.
Because I'm very much in the mislim pool and not pressing the button saves town an elimination tempo. I don't care if I dai as long as town wins in the end.
how m i supposed 2 have a "signature" when i don't have a name? like wth do i sign
Kagerou Imaizumi
Kagerou Imaizumi
Goon
Kagerou Imaizumi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5613 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:23 am

I'll leave Kaguya, but I fully intend to use this account after this game to show you and everyone else that I can and do solve on a social level. Furthermore, that my social solves stand with the best of them if I get engagement and feedback.

My opinions are known so the ball is in conftowns court.
awoooo !
Aya Shameimaru
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5614 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:05 pm

Post by Aya Shameimaru »

i am a dead bird
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5615 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:25 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

In post 5613, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote: I'll leave Kaguya, but I fully intend to use this account after this game to show you and everyone else that I can and do solve on a social level. Furthermore, that my social solves stand with the best of them if I get engagement and feedback.

My opinions are known so the ball is in conftowns court.
1. Your reads did not rely on engagement or feedback.
2. Your reads did not change with engagement or feedback.
3. Your level of confidence, given the foundation of your reads was not your specialty, was incongruent.

This whole thing can easily be replacement strangeness. But you never leaned on that. I’m not sure if you had, would’ve been good or not.

I can kind of hear Lukewarm whispering in my ear that look, they aren’t here to please people! They’re town you idiot! That’s the piece of the puzzle!

And to that I say.
Shush, you, you’re clumsy and careless and I wouldn’t have had to deal with half this shit if you hadn’t tripped up. Since you were correctly town reading me.

Also whole debacle with Kaguya, Dai, clown wouldn’t have happened. ~.~ though maybe that worked out okay somehow. I dunno I guess I’m town reading both of them but my brain keeps breaking every time I do it. Massive head ache. Probably fucking up so, so bad there. I know this is performative, but I’m trying to cope.

Also, no matter the play style, there are the basics underneath it. Facts that are necessary. You can start from anywhere but, is it really, *really?* townie not to look at the flips beforehand?
It’s the bare minimum. I hate lamist as a hunting tool because it’s silly but this is a rare example where it kind of makes sense to use it given their attitude not lining up.
Kagerou Imaizumi
Kagerou Imaizumi
Goon
Kagerou Imaizumi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5616 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:04 pm

1. I have solicited engagement, especially from you. You've said my request is political.
2. Transparently false, as shown by the debacle where I forgot Clownpiece was dead. I looked at Eternity's posts with fresh eyes.
3. My confidence increased over time with more data.

You're perfectly welcome to look at Eternity's posts and the VCs for a different conclusion but making walls that are nothing but discredits repeatedly are going to have the opposite effect. I will check back in a few hours to see if there's anything you'd like to talk about that's game related.

Now, I'll go back to leaving the thread for a few hours. Maybe more if I sleep.
awoooo !
Koishi Komeiji
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5617 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:18 pm

Post by Koishi Komeiji »

I'm unable to effort. Taking a max dose of nyquil and going the fuck to sleep.

Just nolim and you all can figure this out tomorrow sans me but with an extra helping of mech I guess.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5618 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:22 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

VOTE: No lim

K.

@Kagerou, I’ve been engaging with you, shifting the goal posts to ‘you’re not engaging with me in the right way’
Is bleh.
Koishi Komeiji
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5619 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:26 pm

Post by Koishi Komeiji »

Dumb question but can Wolf and Kaguya both be partially right and it's something silly like Dai-Marisa?

Okay NOW for real trying to sleep.

See you all in a bit when that fails.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5620 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:40 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

Sure, they can be the low key gambit pair. To the loud gambit Kaguya/Dai and Aya/koishi scum pairings.

They take minor risks (Marisa with the fruit), (Dai with claiming one of their abilities to Kaguya early) and then I guess lying to them about what their visits or abilities actually do. Dai sees an opportunity to hop back into the game and does so pretending that they died, lie about the time limit to give themselves flexibility in why they didn’t jump in earlier. Etc etc.

I do think that the mod saying they were pulled out from a lake, drowning, implies they died though. But that’s mod speculation/not intended. Plus their disclaimer kind of neatly covers for that.
And I can see them just enjoying the mental image of a fairy being pulled out of the water.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5621 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:44 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

Marisa’s kind of fallen to the wayside.
But yeah. Marisa just lies here about what their ability does to get a pass here etc.

it’s possible. I just find Dai’s play to be pretty convoluted for scum. They also sound pretty sincere.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5622 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:55 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

It allows for the clown shot since they learn they can be shot through Kaguya.

Instead of hypothetical scum me. Which would be redundant, but doesn’t make it less likely.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5623 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:20 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

In post 5616, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote: 1. I have solicited engagement, especially from you. You've said my request is political.
2. Transparently false, as shown by the debacle where I forgot Clownpiece was dead. I looked at Eternity's posts with fresh eyes.
3. My confidence increased over time with more data.

You're perfectly welcome to look at Eternity's posts and the VCs for a different conclusion but making walls that are nothing
but discredits repeatedly are going to have the opposite effect.
I will check back in a few hours to see if there's anything you'd like to talk about that's game related.

Now, I'll go back to leaving the thread for a few hours. Maybe more if I sleep.
Why?
Daiyousei
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5624 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:16 am

Post by Daiyousei »

In post 5611, Daiyousei wrote: If we go the No Extermination route today, then I will hold off on trying to get myself killed, because MELO's at 6 and the Marisa 1v1 conundrum still applies. If there's an elimination I'm latching myself onto Koishi.
Quoting this as a reminder to everyone about my night plans, given I'm the only player that currently has more than one vote for them and there'3.5 hours to go in the day. Since there are tactical advantages to no extermination and the only vote current on a player I'd vote for is my own, I have pretty much zero motivation to try to change things. Plus there's a Pokemon GO Community Day today, which is infinitely more interesting than trying to navigate the mech labyrinth that has effectively destroyed most of the game's motivation.

...Writing that out loud makes me wonder if I shouldn't be taking a second look at the players responsible for it, actually. Not that it makes sense to try to do before today's deadline, even
if
I could dedicate all of that time to it.

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”