Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:52 am

Post by Black »

In post 869, Klick wrote: If the worst is scum then there's this weird attempt to repeatedly pocket me with similar takes and get on my level. It would have to be very intentional. Whether the worst is vapable of this kind of play as scum or not should be the sort of thing I can find from looking through a few scum games.
I think he's been doing this to Dann as well I'm just not sure if it's alignment indicative
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:42 am

Post by implosion »

i think not assuming PC is town is silly lol.
In post 867, Klick wrote: I feel meh about NM and implosion as well but I think that's less about lack of confidence in how they play, and more about them being genuinely difficult to read
I feel sympathetic toward this but on the flip side, I don't think it's like duck or black or dannflor are exactly not genuinely difficult to read.

Hot take of the minute (now that i am actually iso'ing ceejay for the first time since he was limmed): contains the name of the last scum bc ceejay was asked about reads on that page, he mentioned me and bingle as scumreads, and then he felt bad that he hadn't really elaborated on his scumbuddy yet
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:56 am

Post by implosion »

I think that is actually genuinely how I feel at this exact moment though.

I don't think N_M can't be scum by any means but he did, by all relative measures, come in absolutely guns blazing toward ceejay. He didn't vote ceejay early but it feels to me at least somewhat like not what he'd do as scum here.

I think I do probably buy that Black is unlikely to make the hammer as scum in that situation. At least, it is in some sense "objectively" bad play; it's not literally that, you'd just be hard relying on the town to give you so much credit for the hammer that it'd outweigh the benefit of e.g. eliciting counterclaims. Or maybe ceejay was planning on claiming VT, idk.

And Klick I don't think is scum from yesterday stuff and no one really seems to disagree so I'm not really thinking that hard about the slot right now.

Fmpov, that leaves dann and worst. I don't really think either of them have especially done stuff they would not have done as scum. worst spent a lot of time flitting about yesterday and made a lot of efforts yesterday to help get ceejay back into the game; it's not like he wouldn't have done this as town (in fact, it'd be good play as town!) but it's also good play as scum to give ceejay opportunities to get out of the hole. The timing of his ceejay vote is fairly town i think though.

Dannflor's play similarly, is like, not things he wouldn't have done as town, but I feel it's easy to fit an arc to his play as scum; he spent most of d1 doing nothing super specific but he called me/ceejay a possible scumteam, and then eventually called black/ceejay the scumteam. His play makes sense as scum because that big case post on black that also calls ceejay scum serves to reintroduce someone to the lim pool, because dann if scum needs the lim pool over time to have enough people in it. Like, I think for both of them I struggle to distinguish where their play is coming from when I feel like both of them have done things that make plenty of sense as both alignments.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:09 am

Post by implosion »

also i will also be in texas in about a week!
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:58 am

Post by the worst »

UNVOTE: i actually just fully need to recalibrate
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:46 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I’ll be hopefully be around tonight but it might be tomorrow if i too sleepy
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:55 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

I've been in a lot of states but I've never been to America
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:44 pm

Post by Klick »

Okay Not_Mafia can live
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:20 pm

Post by the worst »

I don't really think it is NM honestly like doing nothing but casing his scumbuddy & white knighting Klick then sheeping me in this phase doesn't feel exactly right but then that little voice in my head is saying WHAT IF not_mafia is just doing exactly that for the free win as scum

and like what if it just is not_mafia

but I don't really feel like this is..it...

there's definitely an absurdist core of NM/Black who don't have zero partner equity but either of whom has made decisions in this game that ostensibly makes their job harder than it needs to be
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:27 pm

Post by the worst »

maybe I was also hoping that he was going to come in and counter-claim PC and save the day or something.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:54 pm

Post by Aureal »

This little stash of game names almost seems like it was intentionally shoved underneath the foliage:

Boldly
Going Where no
Mafia
has Gone Before

Votecount 2.03

Political Clout (1/4)
-> Not_Mafia ()
Black (1/4)
-> Political Clout ()

Not Voting (5)
-> Dannflor, Klick, implosion, Black, the worst

With 7 seekers, it takes 4 votes to remove someone from play.

The day deadline is 7 days ((expired on 2024-04-12 00:43:03) remaining).
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:59 pm

Post by Aureal »

Political Clout has been prodded.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:56 pm

Post by Dannflor »

implosion do you really care about solving me
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:07 pm

Post by Dannflor »

because i read 877 and can nod my head and be sympathetic but at the same time

do you want to read me correctly? or do you need me to be a viable elimination?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:07 pm

Post by the worst »

I actually kinda do just need non townreads to be viable scum candidates atm. Ceejay's iso is pretty dry for partner interactions and there's a small core of players who I just don't think are scum. I don't have scumreads really. I figured it was just PC lol. If we treat NM & Black as town for a fun thought exercise, low-key I'm at a loss as to how you/klick/implo/myself are actually meant to sort each other accurately. We could try calling each other names I guess.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:07 pm

Post by the worst »

Ugh I like you all I don't want to call y'all names :(
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:10 pm

Post by implosion »

(p-edit: this is responding to dann)

I mean, i understand that the same analysis i'm giving there applies to me. me wanting you and worst to be in the elimination pool is obviously sensible if i'm scum. I'm basically saying that right now you two are sort of a poe pool; the biggest reason that I feel bad about that is that I'm not entirely sure what circumstances I'd be able to have more confident reads on either of you under. And yeah, i'm probably being melodramatic in painting reading either of you (particularly you) as this herculean task.

Ultimately the answer is no, I don't really care that much about solving you if I'm able to solve enough of the rest of the game, though.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:14 pm

Post by implosion »

And dann, frankly if you are town I'm not sure how I'm supposed to distinguish this game from what I know of how you play as scum from Toriel's. Your big post in this game about Black has similar, not identical, but similar vibes to [url=viewtopic.php?p=14000311#p14000311]this[/post] post to me from that game. They're both big well-reasoned posts with specific agendas trying to massage the state of the game in a particular direction; both of them come at times when you, if scum, need to make big moves to win (in this game you didn't necessarily need to make a big move then, but at some point you'd need to make some sort of moves). That post paints a picture in my head of you playing very intentionally as scum and I feel your play this game fits that perfectly well with the ceejay flip.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:14 pm

Post by implosion »

fixing tag:
In post 892, implosion wrote: And dann, frankly if you are town I'm not sure how I'm supposed to distinguish this game from what I know of how you play as scum from Toriel's. Your big post in this game about Black has similar, not identical, but similar vibes to this post to me from that game. They're both big well-reasoned posts with specific agendas trying to massage the state of the game in a particular direction; both of them come at times when you, if scum, need to make big moves to win (in this game you didn't necessarily need to make a big move then, but at some point you'd need to make some sort of moves). That post paints a picture in my head of you playing very intentionally as scum and I feel your play this game fits that perfectly well with the ceejay flip.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:28 pm

Post by implosion »

Anyway I may as well go over what I was thinking earlier when I ISO'd ceejay:
In post 55, ceejayvinoya wrote: VOTE: Klick

I kind of don't like that vote

also aside from a maybe Black town am not getting much out of this yet
This reads as both not partnered to me. "I kind of don't like that vote" and "maybe black town" are both things i would be absolutely terrified to say about a scumbuddy in my first content post

His RVS and his next vote are both on conftown. is neutral since TW asked a question specifically. also feels non-partnery to Klick. is first mention of Dann and also fairly neutral (replying to an attack). is his first mention of me; knowing I'm town I think it's probably an explicit attempt to look partnery with a limp push. I'm the 2nd last person that he addresses directly (the last being n_m who he calls not mafia in , which, shrug).

I think the most interesting thing (and the thing I mentioned above) is 517 and 519:
Spoiler:
In post 517, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 515, Black wrote: ceejay what are your three most confident reads and why

bingle, implosion and...

nah I haven't found a third one yet that sort of grabs my interest. Maybe PC?

These aren't really confident reads but

I haven't really read anything from bingle yet that makes me go "oh this one really looks like it comes from town" and would make me unvote which doesn't make him necessarily scum but I'm not happy about it either

implosion I don't really vibe with either. I feel like he's engaging for the sake of engaging and I thought sometimes he goes out a bit of his way to make his posts a bit more vague? Granted this could just also be how he posts but I've been feeling like parsing implosion's posts sort of feels a bit harder than parsing other players

is this scummy? am not sure but its what got my attention
In post 519, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 518, Dannflor wrote: ceejay, what are you two weakest reads and why
I just figured out that am not being specifically asked for scum reads lol

You sort of feel townish but at the same time a good chunk of your engagement this game has been about your meta and I don't really have the energy or time to dig into those

I also feel like the worst had a bit of a rough start but their posts are sort of getting better but I don't reaaly feel like sorting them this early in the game

When asked about confident reads (which he interprets as confident scumreads) he lists me + the two conftown. He gives some analysis on me and Bingle. He hasn't really given a lot of analysis in general up to this point. I think when making 519, he'd naturally want to give some analysis on a partner (perhaps unless that partner is n_m). I guess he was answering the question of what is "weakest" reads are and he was claiming to have a stronger townread on Black and maybe Klick. So maybe they're just the two people to talk about at that point, idk. maybe someone else can read something into all this
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:51 pm

Post by the worst »

Occam's razor says you have high partner equity by rule of 3 :P

being asked for your weakest reads is such an awkward brain space to be in but honestly I do think ceejay would just say what's on his mind. that's probably a fairly solid indicator to look at me or dann more closely.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:32 am

Post by Black »

Monday's are always so much worse after a fun weekend
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:10 am

Post by Klick »

In post 876, implosion wrote: i think not assuming PC is town is silly lol.
In post 867, Klick wrote: I feel meh about NM and implosion as well but I think that's less about lack of confidence in how they play, and more about them being genuinely difficult to read
I feel sympathetic toward this but on the flip side, I don't think it's like duck or black or dannflor are exactly not genuinely difficult to read.
It's the difference between 'this person is quite good at scum and making a read will be tricky' vs 'I can't reliably see the difference between their town play and their scum play'

Idk. I want to find you if you're town but I really struggle to see much of anything you've done as outside of what you'd be wanting to do as scum.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:11 am

Post by Klick »

In contrast with Dann who I actually think seems visibly town for reasons I have already at least partially expressed
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:43 am

Post by Klick »

In post 778, the worst wrote: PC is my natural next push. I like Klick's towncase on PC. I think my reaction to it is more like "maybe" than "yes" and stuff tho. I don't feel like I like his associatives with cjv all that much but no huge red flags.

Wonder if PC's very individualist narrative is him doing his own thing & solving the game or whether it's him missing what we're all seeing.
I'm kind of annoyed by worst's progression on PC going from 'I like Klick's case but think it's wrong' to the level of confidence they express in PC!scum after this point.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”