open 914: the coalition (this is completed)

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 1:45 am

Post by the worst »

In post 488, tired person wrote:
In post 487, Tsawwassen wrote: I'm surprised Umlaut is in so many coalitions, I forgot why I townread him tbh. If we gave him the boot we would be one step closer to convergence

HURT: Umlaut
HEAL: ceejay
this makes no sense. nobody is going to converge on ceejay.
I'm so likeable this post is gonna age poorly :cool:
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 1:46 am

Post by the worst »

In post 497, tired person wrote: ftr i slightly scumread implosion and umlaut and undecided about moros. i will make my cases later today.
why do u scumread implosion? there's a strong chance 1-2 of your POE will end up coalition'd on the current trajectory
Tsawwassen
Tsawwassen
Any
Goon
Tsawwassen
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 1:47 am

Post by Tsawwassen »

@the worst, I'd like to know how sure is your implosion read. I feel I'm wavering on that

Don't have anything else to say about your list
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 1:49 am

Post by tired person »

i can't help but feel like the worst is tryharding in a scummy way and trying to push some agenda but at the same time i'm just not seeing what the agenda is, if that makes sense. perhaps it is just my natural sense of paranoia toward waterfowls which it is at play here.

in any case i have reread aventurine iso and while originally i had townread 310, thinking that it was quite unintuitive for scum to make, i can now see it as appeasing as i believe may described it. so i'm currently landing on a scum lean.

p-edit: i know 1-2 of my poe will be coalition'd which is why i'm advocating against it. i explained earlier why i scumread implosion.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 1:50 am

Post by tired person »

my only locktown reads are black and may atp.
I'm tired.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 1:50 am

Post by the worst »

In post 532, Moros wrote:
In post 530, the worst wrote: hey y'all how're we doing?

tenderly light the lips, and the shadow's golden
near the sunken eyes. here the night has sparked
this brilliant likeness — and from the dark night
only just one thing — the eyes — are growing dark.
highkey I wish I had a response as cool as this to all of my replace ins <3
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 1:51 am

Post by the worst »

In post 534, implosion wrote:
In post 530, the worst wrote: hey y'all how're we doing?
scum post
thats the joke but valid
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 1:51 am

Post by tired person »

In post 548, tired person wrote: implosion i also felt was very towny in real time reading his posts, but in reading his iso i feel a lot of his antics are sort of geared toward making a preformance of having a towny mindset rather than actually coming from a towny mindset. i cannot put a finger on it but the post that alerted me to it was 327. another thing that i take issue with is the fact that he seems completely content with his reads in a way that town often aren't. i'd expect him to show at least some degree of paranoia toward his townreads or curiosity toward the alignment of his nullreads, which i'm just not seeing.
I'm tired.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 1:52 am

Post by the worst »

In post 557, Tsawwassen wrote:
In post 555, the worst wrote: i'm getting an early night tonight & waking up early tomorrow so i think i'll probably be around a lot more then. where should i focus my efforts?
Hi! Probably look at the current coalition votes (there's a consensus of about 5-6 people) and go from there
I read the entire game to spite this post jsyk. I'm not happy about it.
Tsawwassen
Tsawwassen
Any
Goon
Tsawwassen
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 1:55 am

Post by Tsawwassen »

I enjoyed it. There were a lot of eureka! moments for me personally
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 1:56 am

Post by the worst »

In post 598, tired person wrote:
In post 597, the worst wrote: the worst
implosion
Moros
May
Black
Tsawwassen (this is a bad read)
tired person
experience
Aventurine

as of right now
May should be higher but I'm so bad at reading May accurately she's such a significant loss vector aaaahhhh

HURT: all
HEAL: implosion, may

everyone else may now begin begging for inclusion
i don't think you gave any mention to posts i made in your catchup so i'm wondering how you arrived at the read you have of me.
you drew a pretty short straw as either alignment here. my reads formed on other players while your pred kinda just posted stuff that I mildly disliked. I enjoy that you're challenging the status quo
to the death
and stuff but I also think that's something you kinda are compelled to do as either alignment here.

reading you feels like reading someone in yeetlo; I'm actually not super convinced anything you can say before this deadline will tremendously impact my read on you and it's just kind of in the middle

you're also well spoken and compelling which makes me extra anxious to readjust my read on you right now

sorry this response is probably disappointing and lacklustre. I don't really know what yout alignment is & I don't think I can get you out of my POE potentially until after this phase.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 1:59 am

Post by the worst »

In post 602, Tsawwassen wrote: @the worst, I'd like to know how sure is your implosion read. I feel I'm wavering on that

Don't have anything else to say about your list
implosion is my strongest townread. I kept him in my POE to a fault in a recent game and like, looking at what he's posting here, he makes so much sense within the scope of how I understand implosion's brain

that dichotomy earlier in my ramble responding to one of moros' posts is kinda where I'm at. he had a logical, structured way of approaching thought things. the mathematician brain. I think when I peel back the layers, I can see some like little cracks and flaws in the concepts behind his thoughts which feel quite human & authentic. I don't really sense a consistent narrative or agenda in his posts except for the kind of stubbornness which I also think he's acutely aware of.

oohhh if he's scum he also is very self aware here which would be quite impressive..
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 2:01 am

Post by the worst »

In post 603, tired person wrote: i can't help but feel like the worst is tryharding in a scummy way and trying to push some agenda but at the same time i'm just not seeing what the agenda is, if that makes sense. perhaps it is just my natural sense of paranoia toward waterfowls which it is at play here.

in any case i have reread aventurine iso and while originally i had townread 310, thinking that it was quite unintuitive for scum to make, i can now see it as appeasing as i believe may described it. so i'm currently landing on a scum lean.

p-edit: i know 1-2 of my poe will be coalition'd which is why i'm advocating against it. i explained earlier why i scumread implosion.
I'm pretending to fake quote this into the scum pt so I can cackle about how brilliantly my evil plan is coming to fruition

I definitely missed ur implo scumread explanation lemme go look
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 2:03 am

Post by the worst »

In post 607, tired person wrote:
In post 548, tired person wrote: implosion i also felt was very towny in real time reading his posts, but in reading his iso i feel a lot of his antics are sort of geared toward making a preformance of having a towny mindset rather than actually coming from a towny mindset. i cannot put a finger on it but the post that alerted me to it was 327. another thing that i take issue with is the fact that he seems completely content with his reads in a way that town often aren't. i'd expect him to show at least some degree of paranoia toward his townreads or curiosity toward the alignment of his nullreads, which i'm just not seeing.
oh I had read this. thank you.

hmmm. like maybe. I'm not sure anything has happened that'd make me seriously re-evaluate my reads if I was implosion. Lots of people talked back & forth a lot; I think at certain points implosion was the most persuasive voice in the thread; at some points he wasn't but nobody advocated against his reads either.

I get what you're saying, but I feel more strongly about the thing I see that makes me think he's town. I don't think he'd have been super different about evaluating his reads as either alignment.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 2:03 am

Post by the worst »

In post 609, Tsawwassen wrote: I enjoyed it. There were a lot of eureka! moments for me personally
you've succeeded in making me blush but not in joining my coalition (yet).
Tsawwassen
Tsawwassen
Any
Goon
Tsawwassen
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 2:09 am

Post by Tsawwassen »

If I had to describe implosion this day phase, it would be like a lake that dried up. The contrast is unnerving.
Tsawwassen
Tsawwassen
Any
Goon
Tsawwassen
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 2:15 am

Post by Tsawwassen »

In post 614, the worst wrote:
In post 609, Tsawwassen wrote: I enjoyed it. There were a lot of eureka! moments for me personally
you've succeeded in making me blush but not in joining my coalition (yet).
I mostly agree with your top 5, only compromising on May, but I don't really see any issue including her if she is townread by most of my coalition votes too
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 2:24 am

Post by the worst »

To be fair, I think the game dried up a lot w the replacements too.
Aventurine
Aventurine
it/he
Townie

Aventurine
it/he
Townie

Townie

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 2:26 am

Post by Aventurine »

In post 583, the worst wrote:
In post 332, May wrote: Aventurine seems very appeasy

The double pivot looks bad. It's just less likely for two reads to organically flip compared to 1 but 2 slot changes isnt as coincidental for scum air traffic controlling pressure.
yeah tend to agree. I know it's not like super intuitive to pivot your reads as scum, but Aventurine has been coasting and posting spicy reads, couldn't explain said spicy reads, posted over-explaining uninteresting reads nobody had asked about, proved a lack of conviction in any of the original interesting reads, all while citing real life reasons for not playing the game DESPITE apparently being engaged enough to have fairly convoluted thoughts on fairly straightforward aspects of the game

the fallout from that conversation for me is that Ave doesn't have reads but is fairly happy to be whatever implo & Black pressured Ave to be

I feel bad for this but I just think Ave kind of got pressured past the point Ave expected to get pressured and floundered and that's what we're seeing
this is a pretty apt description of what happened, actually. generally i will have time to do a quick once-over of the game, but not enough to actually read & analyze it nor to post
Aventurine
Aventurine
it/he
Townie

Aventurine
it/he
Townie

Townie

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 2:27 am

Post by Aventurine »

In post 596, tired person wrote:
In post 290, Aventurine wrote:
In post 289, Black wrote:
In post 274, Aventurine wrote: HURT: ceejayvinoya, for now
Can you explain your thought process when you did this
Was thinking about the post that Moros made and I was pretty sure the response was made by ceejayvinoya but I wasn't too sure so I removed them for now
but the reaponse was by ceejay and then you put ceejay back in the coalition. why?
i genuinely do not remember
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 3:06 am

Post by tired person »

In post 610, the worst wrote: you drew a pretty short straw as either alignment here. my reads formed on other players while your pred kinda just posted stuff that I mildly disliked. I enjoy that you're challenging the status quo to the death
and stuff but I also think that's something you kinda are compelled to do as either alignment here.
it's weird to me that you say i'm "kinda compelled to [challenge the status quo to the death] as either alignment here". bc from your point of view if you are town and your read that may is town is correct, then if i'm scum i'm very much not compelled to challenge the status quo at all. since if i'm scum my partner is all but guaranteed to be in the coalition at the point i entered the game.
In post 610, the worst wrote: you're also well spoken and compelling which makes me extra anxious to readjust my read on you right now
what specific argument do you find compelling? i'm curious because most others seem relatively uncompelled by what i say.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 3:18 am

Post by tired person »

In post 613, the worst wrote: but I feel more strongly about the thing I see that makes me think he's town
and what precisely is that thing?
I'm tired.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 3:20 am

Post by Black »

The replacements have definitely reinvigorated this game
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 3:20 am

Post by Black »

So many new posts and so little time to read them. I'll try to reevaluate after work
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”