open 914: the coalition (this is completed)

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
Moros
Moros
it/its
Goon
Moros
it/its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 3:21 am

Post by Moros »

In post 603, tired person wrote: i can't help but feel like the worst is tryharding in a scummy way and trying to push some agenda but at the same time i'm just not seeing what the agenda is, if that makes sense. perhaps it is just my natural sense of paranoia toward waterfowls which it is at play here.
my fear is that it feels like they are pulling at the threads that are the loosest.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 3:40 am

Post by tired person »

what does that mean?
I'm tired.
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She | No they/etc

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 3:56 am

Post by May »

I think it's possible implosion is scum playing well but he's had the kind of apparently game advancing play where I would prefer to include him as a coalition member and recheck if he's scum if he gets winded over the long haul

Like, if you actually win the coalition phase of the game, it was probably 5 easy town reads from a surface level view of the game.
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She | No they/etc

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 3:56 am

Post by May »

I need to go to work I can't post more after reading all those posts from my sleep
Moros
Moros
it/its
Goon
Moros
it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 4:04 am

Post by Moros »

In post 626, tired person wrote: what does that mean?
if there is a consensus, among everyone aside from yourself, of myself, implosion, and Black, Black is i think the easiest of those to not townread. if you look at the coalitions proposed by those three players, aventurine is the one inside with the least stable foundation.
Moros
Moros
it/its
Goon
Moros
it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 4:10 am

Post by Moros »

the push against aventurine i think is the main example of what i refer to. aventurine on the surface can easily by framed as suspicious, and yet he is in many coalitions. it's a target. but i think that beneath the surface layer there is a town energy that town is more likely to see and scum is more likely to choose to ignore.
Moros
Moros
it/its
Goon
Moros
it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 4:56 am

Post by Moros »

it is difficult not to like their posts, though. 572 and 594 are insightful, interesting, and provide a foundation of verisimilitude. but they are drawn from prior experience with these players, which means their veracity is unrelated to the color of the role drawn by the worst in this game.
Moros
Moros
it/its
Goon
Moros
it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 5:02 am

Post by Moros »

i think that establishing oneself as an authority on implosion and may, and townreading them, and appealing to them that ceejayvinoya was towny and they should be able to see it, is a suspect sequence of actions, when viewed together.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 5:50 am

Post by implosion »

In post 564, the worst wrote:
In post 59, implosion wrote: I do think you also have pretty good town equity
my first impression was kinda the opposite what made you say this?
expecting me to remember anything that i felt on page 3 is a tall ask. Looking back i'd guess something like tone/seeming ease of being in thread but idk for sure.
In post 577, the worst wrote: I think ceejay has made the townies posts of his career in this game
Which ones and why?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 5:53 am

Post by implosion »

In post 611, the worst wrote: implosion is my strongest townread. I kept him in my POE to a fault in a recent game and like, looking at what he's posting here, he makes so much sense within the scope of how I understand implosion's brain
just very audibly groaned after reading this because oy, i do fear being pocketed
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 5:58 am

Post by implosion »

In post 615, Tsawwassen wrote: If I had to describe implosion this day phase, it would be like a lake that dried up. The contrast is unnerving.
I don't really fault you or anyone who had a townread on me and has had it degrade, i haven't exactly done anything in like, many days. But good god has the thread been boring to be in for a long time.

I think if the worst has a scum agenda in recent posting then that agenda is extremely simple, he wants to get townread and be on the coalition. I think the only real material agendas one could possibly have as scum in this phase are "get on coalition" and "get your scumbuddy on coalition", or slight variations in service of those.

I think they key to many things right now is going to be deciding how I feel about tsawwassen, a task that i have delayed for a very long time and will eventually need to actually settle on.
Moros
Moros
it/its
Goon
Moros
it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 6:02 am

Post by Moros »

HURT: Tsawwassen
HEAL: May

i think that if the worst is scum then they were more likely to be trying to appeal to a town May than push their partner May into the coalition.
Moros
Moros
it/its
Goon
Moros
it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 6:09 am

Post by Moros »

In post 599, the worst wrote:
In post 477, implosion wrote: I think at this precise point in time I'd be partial to myself, black, may, moros, aventurine.
In post 478, implosion wrote: Both for seeming political viability and generally it feeling pretty solid. It's excluding ceejay, tired person, umlaut, and tsawwassen. I need to muse some on Tsawwassen's recent posting though.
I see why you're attached to the Ave townread but I think swapping Tsawwa in there is pretty sound.

I also think, if mafia, Tsawwa is the vulnerable Mafioso who is most able to just like, slide into a coalition by being smooth and politically viable lol
this post scares me.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 6:09 am

Post by implosion »

I think if worst is scum, viscerally it feels like there's a good chance the other scum is near the bottom of their reads list. They're trying to take the thread by storm to an extent and I think the way they're talking about the people high up on their list doesn't really strike me as scum->scum except possibly for like Moros, but I don't think Moros is scum. Or maaayybe black. But I don't think worst would often be scum with May or tsaw here.

I really want to hear from experience because I still want that slot to be viably a coalition member. Honestly Umlaut's flaming out is probably a big part of my getting demotivated - I had a pet townread for the first half of the day, the kind that made me feel like "you know, i feel like i want to hard townread this person off of like 5 early posts and keep that for the whole game, but let's just see how they continue posting, i'm sure they'll keep it up" and then whoops.

I'm mulling over worst's Aventurine postings but idk.
In post 583, the worst wrote: yeah tend to agree. I know it's not like super intuitive to pivot your reads as scum, but Aventurine has been coasting and posting spicy reads, couldn't explain said spicy reads, posted over-explaining uninteresting reads nobody had asked about, proved a lack of conviction in any of the original interesting reads, all while citing real life reasons for not playing the game DESPITE apparently being engaged enough to have fairly convoluted thoughts on fairly straightforward aspects of the game

the fallout from that conversation for me is that Ave doesn't have reads but is fairly happy to be whatever implo & Black pressured Ave to be

I feel bad for this but I just think Ave kind of got pressured past the point Ave expected to get pressured and floundered and that's what we're seeing
I do get that this is a straightforward reading, and that there's stock to be put in that. I guess it is possible for scum to see that they would find something convincing and feel the need to pivot for that reason. I think it's tricky because Aventurine has been sort of obliquely opaque about its thought processes and so I'm kind of substituting one in. I guess I'm interested to see what he says to this.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 6:10 am

Post by implosion »

In post 636, Moros wrote: HURT: Tsawwassen

i think that if the worst is scum then they were more likely to be trying to appeal to a town May than push their partner May into the coalition.
oh hey, a mindmeld
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 8:00 am

Post by tired person »

moros you give me the feeling you're unconcerned with who will be in the coalition and are just observing the game and commenting on things happening. why is that?
I'm tired.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 8:00 am

Post by schadd_ »

Spoiler:
Guy Billout

vote count 1.8 !

coalition votes:

Tsawwassen:
Black, Moros, Tsawwassen, implosion, the worst
Moros:
implosion, Black, Moros, Aventurine, May
May:
Black, May, Moros, implosion, Tsawwassen
Black:
implosion, Black, Moros, Aventurine, experience
tired person:
Tsawwassen, Black, May, tired person
the worst:
implosion, May
Aventurine:
(none proposed)
implosion:
(none proposed)
experience:
(none proposed)

execution votes:
(these have no effect until after the coalition phase is over, but i'll keep track of them)

not voting (9):
tired person, Black, Aventurine, the worst, Moros, May, Tsawwassen, implosion, experience

with 9 alive, it takes 5 of the same vote to propose a coalition. the coalition phase ends in (expired on 2024-05-10 01:59:34)

moderateur notes

• urpger
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 8:01 am

Post by tired person »

In post 638, implosion wrote: I think if worst is scum, viscerally it feels like there's a good chance the other scum is near the bottom of their reads list. They're trying to take the thread by storm to an extent and I think the way they're talking about the people high up on their list doesn't really strike me as scum->scum except possibly for like Moros, but I don't think Moros is scum. Or maaayybe black. But I don't think worst would often be scum with May or tsaw here.
do you think worst/aventurine scumteam is plausible? because i have a nagging feeling it might be ever since the worst convinced me that aventurine is scum.
I'm tired.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 8:02 am

Post by Black »

Ok I'm fine with the Moros list for now

HURT: Tsawwassen
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 8:09 am

Post by implosion »

In post 642, tired person wrote:
In post 638, implosion wrote: I think if worst is scum, viscerally it feels like there's a good chance the other scum is near the bottom of their reads list. They're trying to take the thread by storm to an extent and I think the way they're talking about the people high up on their list doesn't really strike me as scum->scum except possibly for like Moros, but I don't think Moros is scum. Or maaayybe black. But I don't think worst would often be scum with May or tsaw here.
do you think worst/aventurine scumteam is plausible? because i have a nagging feeling it might be ever since the worst convinced me that aventurine is scum.
Yeah i think it's plausible
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 8:10 am

Post by tired person »

okay
i guess i'm not ousting implosion from the list
HEAL: black, may, moros, implosion, tsawwassen
I'm tired.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 8:13 am

Post by the worst »

In post 621, tired person wrote:
In post 610, the worst wrote: you drew a pretty short straw as either alignment here. my reads formed on other players while your pred kinda just posted stuff that I mildly disliked. I enjoy that you're challenging the status quo to the death
and stuff but I also think that's something you kinda are compelled to do as either alignment here.
it's weird to me that you say i'm "kinda compelled to [challenge the status quo to the death] as either alignment here". bc from your point of view if you are town and your read that may is town is correct, then if i'm scum i'm very much not compelled to challenge the status quo at all. since if i'm scum my partner is all but guaranteed to be in the coalition at the point i entered the game.
In post 610, the worst wrote: you're also well spoken and compelling which makes me extra anxious to readjust my read on you right now
what specific argument do you find compelling? i'm curious because most others seem relatively uncompelled by what i say.
if you're scum your slot is kind of dead on arrival, right? how are you not compelled to challenge that status quo?

I admire that you're engaging with users and throwing town e.g. coalition ideas that are pretty subversive! sorry I'm having a hard time like, throwing down specific examples, because I'm not 100% letting you in quite yet
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 8:14 am

Post by the worst »

In post 622, tired person wrote:
In post 613, the worst wrote: but I feel more strongly about the thing I see that makes me think he's town
and what precisely is that thing?
I just woke up im not in the mood to re-hash it I like his logic/moonlogic combo
Moros
Moros
it/its
Goon
Moros
it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 8:15 am

Post by Moros »

In post 640, tired person wrote: moros you give me the feeling you're unconcerned with who will be in the coalition and are just observing the game and commenting on things happening. why is that?
the latter is true but it doesn't imply the former. i think that i have been working to get the coalition that i believe gives us the best chance of winning.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2024 8:15 am

Post by the worst »

In post 625, Moros wrote:
In post 603, tired person wrote: i can't help but feel like the worst is tryharding in a scummy way and trying to push some agenda but at the same time i'm just not seeing what the agenda is, if that makes sense. perhaps it is just my natural sense of paranoia toward waterfowls which it is at play here.
my fear is that it feels like they are pulling at the threads that are the loosest.
That or I'm trying to clap everyone back to common sense & cut out the fatigue & brain fog. Either is possible. If you distrust me, find a coalition which excludes me but don't write what I say off. :p

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”