Shell Game (Day 8)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4200 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 3:48 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 4157, SirCakez wrote:
In post 4090, Save The Dragons wrote: "Downplay person sussing me with an OMGUS"

"Add pithy about how the game is ez for town"

"evil laughter"
This is like half the posts in this game
and they all come from scum
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4201 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 3:48 am

Post by Shello and Goodbye »

In post 4190, Dunnstral wrote: What part of the claim do you folks find towny from Firebringer?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4202 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 3:50 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Weren't you and wolfbae talking about it?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #4203 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 3:51 am

In post 4184, morph the cat wrote:
In post 4148, wolfbae wrote:
In post 4144, Spiffeh wrote: Also potentially hot-take: morph's mech-guilty on Shello is real and their claim is a mod-provided fake.
Lol - I don't think Ceph provides fakeclaims but as I just said conditional vig is very plausible cover when mafia are confirmed to have extra KP via a bookie. Serendipitous timing.
Ceph absolutely provides fake claims.
did you get one this game
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4204 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 3:51 am

Wolfbae said he thought the claim was townie, i'm saying i'm not in the hood and can't use that

May have skimmed your post and shouldn't be annoyed at it
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4205 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 3:51 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 4204, Shello and Goodbye wrote: Wolfbae said he thought the claim was townie, i'm saying i'm not in the hood and can't use that

May have skimmed your post and shouldn't be annoyed at it
Right. Well, funny story...
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4206 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 3:52 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Wolfbae is not in our hood
marcistar
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4207 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 3:53 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 4195, Shello and Goodbye wrote:
In post 4192, marcistar wrote: For the people saying scums in the utr slots where that analysis at LOL
No serious attempt to save brian -> makes me think scum didn't have the influence to
Rlly? I thought your slot and luke made a pretty serious attempt

What do you think of luke?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4208 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 3:53 am

Post by Dunnstral »

And Firebringer didn't claim anything out here.

So this part of their post:
In post 4185, wolfbae wrote: Well, if one of your scumreads is firebringer, you're dead wrong given how blatantly he was towntelling last night - think the string of posts + the claim is just, like, always town here.
Is really interesting to me
wolfbae
wolfbae
Goon
wolfbae
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4209 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 3:54 am

Post by wolfbae »

In post 1093, Shello and Goodbye wrote:
In post 1087, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1083, Shello and Goodbye wrote: i'm listing the neighborhood independently from my main reads it's not that they're all that low lol
Can you give a sense of where they slot in overall?
- having the context of why marci's been talking about being afraid this game and worried and etc makes more sense to me and i dont think she would handle it this way if she were a wolf or idek if she would be able
- actiondan isnt wolfy to me really i think back to that post where he voted marci and that just is town to me. i think he would be playing a little sloppy if he were a wolf too with how he handled the miller stuff it falls apart very easily. wolves Can Be Sloppy but... eh?
- already explained dragons
- klick and sunflower are kind of in the same place here by virtue of the other three being townier i think, dragons is contentious because of no in-thread but trusting what's going on in the neighborhood instead. going strictly off of wagon i think sunflower is the town between these two and i dont think fire plays midsummer 2 here as an opener
See, this is exactly the same sort of analysis I had an issue with morph for - it's just such a lacking process. Simply taking the reads on Dragons as hearsay and working off that feels like a lack of curiosity I'd expect a town to have. The writing off of ActionDan also feels pretty superficial.

And not everyone doing this can even be scum! But some of you are just really not putting in the legwork it feels like. And the weird thing to me is that if we assume the scum within the pseudo-dethy is a traitor, scum are likely to be uninformed of their identity! My feeling was maybe if scum saw a TvT breaking out they could position themselves to take advantage of that but it's not really a slam dunk read at all.

Anyway I didn't like this post but it's for selfish and biased reasons. The rest of ydra's posts just exist, so far. They don't inspire strong feelings in me. is a little BS to me - 'opening the POe' reads I feel like are things scum toss out, where in general because town are uninformed they are more likely to be paranoid and point in multiple directions and suspect players others are townclearing. It's easy to take advantage of that stuff by accusing someone of "widening the POE". Sometimes town makes that read though even though I think it's not good.

I get to where skitter starts posting and my gut instinct in the pit of my soul is to scream wolf at . Not sure that's fair but I just read that post and my instinct is to say it's manufactured. Purely a feeling could be wrong etc but that was my reaction.
super secret alt
Firebagel
Firebagel
she
Goon
Firebagel
she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she

Post Post #4210 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 3:55 am

Post by Firebagel »

In post 4191, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 4099, Firebagel wrote: That's not how you play as town, that's how you play as scum feeling pressured.
guess you don't how i play
Oh, okay. Funny how I have a really good track record reading you, defending town-you from grumpy people who want to push you because don't say enough. :lol:
In post 4099, Firebagel wrote:I think town started finding each other quickly and scum haven't been able to get much influence this game. I was suspecting Bingle as a potential stronger scum trying to break the hold morph had as a town leader because I felt the gamestate
crack
for a bit there when he showed up to start playing, but now from the claim he's almost certainly town. So it really does seem scum has to claw and scrape desperately for any influence. Which is what you've been doing. Like, you apparently organizing the hood invention stuff is lol-sus enough, even without considering that it seems to have been largely pointless busy work.
lol
In post 4096, Firebagel wrote:Funny how your 'read' there is preemptively excusing you for a townflip. This guy is LHF and a tempting push for scum who are reeling and need to get the heat away from them. That was the other reason I voted wolfbae here, but you're way more sus.
STD is LHF and a tempting push for scum who are reeling and need to get the heat away from them
There are so many contradictions here that it's funny. I don't expect this defensiveness from you here as town either.

Are you LHF as town or tryhard?

Do you think that scum have a lack of influence this game or not?
wolfbae
wolfbae
Goon
wolfbae
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4211 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 3:56 am

Post by wolfbae »

In post 4208, Dunnstral wrote: And Firebringer didn't claim anything out here.

In post 4185, wolfbae wrote: Well, if one of your scumreads is firebringer, you're dead wrong given how blatantly he was towntelling last night - think the string of posts + the claim is just, like, always town here.
Incorrect, he did claim something:
In post 3747, Firebringer wrote: lol we had a super long night and i forgot to send a night action.

i barely read anything new but saw pooky ded (RIP best bear ill see u on the other side)
and theres some sort of guilty on shello
I don't know the specifics of his role and I don't particularly care, this isn't a claim scum makes especially since as far as I can tell the initial part was totally unprompted.
super secret alt
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4212 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 3:56 am

In post 4206, Dunnstral wrote: Wolfbae is not in our hood
>.>
I got the hoods mixed up then idk what he's talking abt or why he's townreading fire

@wolfbae ... ?
What do you mean abt fire in the first paragrapu of - like which string of posts and what's so townie abt them

~ skitter
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4213 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 3:57 am

In post 4207, marcistar wrote:
In post 4195, Shello and Goodbye wrote:
In post 4192, marcistar wrote: For the people saying scums in the utr slots where that analysis at LOL
No serious attempt to save brian -> makes me think scum didn't have the influence to
Rlly? I thought your slot and luke made a pretty serious attempt

What do you think of luke?
I know i'm town, i think luke is probably town, not sure how much he resisted it, but will have to reread

~ skitter
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4214 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 3:57 am

In post 4208, Dunnstral wrote: And Firebringer didn't claim anything out here.

Yeah this part - i thought he was talking abt something that happened in the hood ...
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4215 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 3:59 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I wouldn't personally refer to that post where Firebringer says they didn't send in a night action as "the claim"
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #4216 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 4:00 am

In post 4210, Firebagel wrote: Oh, okay. Funny how I have a really good track record reading you, defending town-you from grumpy people who want to push you because don't say enough. :lol:
guess your ERA is going down
In post 4210, Firebagel wrote:There are so many contradictions here that it's funny. I don't expect this defensiveness from you here as town either.
I didn't say enough words for there to be so many contradictions
In post 4096, Firebagel wrote:Are you LHF as town or tryhard?
are those mutually exclusive?
In post 4096, Firebagel wrote:Do you think that scum have a lack of influence this game or not?
i don't think that just because scum didn't step in and save Brian that they don't have influence and I think getting yourself into a false sense of security like that is dangerous
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #4217 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 4:01 am

did firebringer claim something in the hood?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4218 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 4:01 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Yeah
wolfbae
wolfbae
Goon
wolfbae
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4219 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 4:03 am

Post by wolfbae »

Spoiler:
In post 4003, Firebringer wrote: my claim is NAI and i don't want to talk about it here.
Even if there is a high chance we have scum in our hood that its almost a certainty.
In post 4020, Firebringer wrote: i have finally read skitter claim.
I believe its a true claim. Way claimed it made me think would want to fight a 1v1?

Wtf.

Skitter, get the fuck back in here and tell me why u think i am scummy besides the brian defense.
Ur stances on me are so similar to ur scum game. Explain it like im 5.
In post 4022, Firebringer wrote: i thought pooky died to throw suspicion on u and morph tbh
In post 4023, Firebringer wrote: someone said that u two being alive was clearing for one of u made me go side eyes like wtf u talking about.
In post 4028, Firebringer wrote:
In post 4027, morph the cat wrote:
In post 4022, Firebringer wrote: i thought pooky died to throw suspicion on u and morph tbh

How would that throw suspicion on us?

I feel like you're pulling these takes out of your ass.
Fuck off
In post 4030, Firebringer wrote: And thats how i feel
In post 4034, Firebringer wrote: I gave that "ass take" from the perspective of. Hey, I am scum.
Theres two people in this game that are going to be hard to shout down and will coordinate against them. If i am not killing one of them, I am going to use that to give paranoia to the thread.

Either that or I don't think I can kill them because I believe night actions will prevent me.

That is where I am coming from with the perspective of "I wonder why morph and hermit are alive? Are scum keeping them here to create paranoia around them?"
In post 4038, Firebringer wrote:
In post 4034, Firebringer wrote: Theres two people in this game that are going to be hard to shout down and will likely coordinate against us. If i am not killing one of them, I am going to use that to give paranoia to the thread.
fixed wording to make more clear this section.
In post 4044, Firebringer wrote: I don't think i want to talk to morph for rest of this game.
In post 4046, Firebringer wrote: maybe i just need sleep though. I am irrationally angry and i know it.

This whole spate of posts reads super town. The way he is confused about the claim but takes issues with skitter's stances, the spitballing a theory and then getting surly at morph, just. Super genuine. EZ read, lock it up and throw away the key, do not need to think about this one.
super secret alt
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4220 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 4:09 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Yeah but I wasn't asking about the string of posts.

To me it looks like you were referring to Firebringer's claim in our hood was towny when that is knowledge you should not be privy to.

And quoting 3747 is just barely passable but I wouldn't call that "the claim".

My thought is that you mixed up what parts are public knowledge, but all Firebringer said was that they wouldn't discuss their claim.

Also this is super nitpicky, but:

Spoiler: you've been warned
If the claim happened first, and the strong of posts happened second, I would refer to it as "the claim + the string of posts", not "the string of posts + the claim"
wolfbae
wolfbae
Goon
wolfbae
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4221 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 4:24 am

Post by wolfbae »

In post 4220, Dunnstral wrote: Yeah but I wasn't asking about the string of posts.

To me it looks like you were referring to Firebringer's claim in our hood was towny when that is knowledge you should not be privy to.

And quoting 3747 is just barely passable but I wouldn't call that "the claim".

My thought is that you mixed up what parts are public knowledge, but all Firebringer said was that they wouldn't discuss their claim.

Also this is super nitpicky, but:

Spoiler: you've been warned
If the claim happened first, and the strong of posts happened second, I would refer to it as "the claim + the string of posts", not "the string of posts + the claim"
1. I'm not a scrub, I don't mix stuff up like that

2. As scum I never ever try to clear someone off a tell like that when they're a viable misyeet. It's not a read people make that often so they're very likely to continue suspecting him and if so that's good for me. Unless you're arguing I'm scum with Firebringer, but then that would be kind of horrendous play on my part because I'm hard tying myself to a teammate for no practical gain.

Like, an important thing to recognize is that scum in the Inventor hood is inherently on a timer: they will be outed eventually because town is incentivized to flip within that hood. That means scum in here is permanently poe'd and will be outed eventually. I know how to play from that position, and the entire goal is to spread obfuscation and cover for your partners. If I get town to msyeet in our group once or twice, I've done my job and won and then I accept death while trying to make things as confusing as possible so no one can read anything off my spew.

I'm not doing that, I'm being about as open and transparent as possible because I know I'll be revealed as town eventually and hopefully people will give my reads due consideration after that. I have basically nothing to hide here.
super secret alt
wolfbae
wolfbae
Goon
wolfbae
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4222 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 4:25 am

Post by wolfbae »

Still feel more or less confident saying Dunn is a wolf. I hope people will re-evaluate that once my alignment is confirmed.
super secret alt
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4223 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 4:31 am

you’re hiding your abilities to correctly read the game… curious.

- ydra
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It

Post Post #4224 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 4:32 am

Post by Hermit Crab »

Which sunflower head was pushing morph as scum initially or was it synced?

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”