Shell Game (Day 8)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4275 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 6:41 am

Post by Sunflower »

i unfortunately think there's a solid chance experience would play this way as town too but actiondan was my first guess for scum in the hood and maybe that was right

:blossom:
wolfbae
wolfbae
Goon
wolfbae
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4276 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 6:42 am

Post by wolfbae »

The biggest thing for me with regard to experience is they are explicitly avoiding engagement in the hood even as I tried to pull them into a conversation. I can understand a game this size being massive and intimidating, but having an out of thread chat is perhaps the best way to engage the game and find your footing, given there are fewer people and it's not moving as fast so you can more easily talk about things and your neighbors can get you up to speed and ask you for reads on stuff that's important.

It's still possible they're just a troll but like fuck that noise if so
super secret alt
wolfbae
wolfbae
Goon
wolfbae
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4277 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 6:51 am

Post by wolfbae »

Oh I just figured out his main

he's literally lock mafia lmao
super secret alt
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4278 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 6:55 am

Post by Sunflower »

i think his play has changed recently idk why

Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It

Post Post #4279 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 6:56 am

Post by Hermit Crab »

If experience is scum and y’all made me back off klick I’m going to be mad
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4280 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 6:56 am

Post by Hermit Crab »

Oh wait you are klick he is AD
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4281 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 6:57 am

Post by Sunflower »

but it is true that even in current era of whatever is going on with him, as town i guess he has tended to be more in thread and like, trying to be active, and then just being unwilling/unable to share detailed thoughts

where here we don't even get many of the usual "catching up now."s

Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4282 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 6:57 am

Post by Shello and Goodbye »

In post 4271, wolfbae wrote:
In post 4252, Shello and Goodbye wrote:
In post 4247, wolfbae wrote:
In post 4241, Hermit Crab wrote: I’m honestly really struggling to wrap my head around this Dunn scumread you have, I’ve tried to read your posts a few times and I’ve checked notes with herr and spiffy and I’m just… not seeing it?

Don’t get me wrong, if fire and Cakez are both town it has to be him, but I have separate issues and non-issues with both fire and Cakez.

Did you share your thoughts on the Pooky kill? What did you think of it?
I don't think I did but my thought is scum kill Pooky Night 1 all the time because they're fucking cowards, and he was also a claimed ascetic so he couldn't be protected. It's possible they intuited he was some kind of power role from it, shrug. I think NKA generally sucks and I've lead myself down the wrong trail before while trying to use it.

i get that you're stuck in your opinions on the other two, I just think you're wrong. I think folks are giving Dunn a free pass for having a pulse which is an objective mistake when he's done nothing particularly town, and I think him getting nitpicky and lawyery in response to me scumreading him is definitively scummy. You don't have to see it now, it's cool. Just - please, remember this in the future because I feel relatively strongly about this.
I'm having a hard time b/c ur reads don't align with mine at all here ...

~ skitter
shouldn't that be the easiest towntell for me then lmao
No, why?
wolfbae
wolfbae
Goon
wolfbae
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4283 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 7:00 am

Post by wolfbae »

In post 4282, Shello and Goodbye wrote:
In post 4271, wolfbae wrote:
In post 4252, Shello and Goodbye wrote:
In post 4247, wolfbae wrote:
In post 4241, Hermit Crab wrote: I’m honestly really struggling to wrap my head around this Dunn scumread you have, I’ve tried to read your posts a few times and I’ve checked notes with herr and spiffy and I’m just… not seeing it?

Don’t get me wrong, if fire and Cakez are both town it has to be him, but I have separate issues and non-issues with both fire and Cakez.

Did you share your thoughts on the Pooky kill? What did you think of it?
I don't think I did but my thought is scum kill Pooky Night 1 all the time because they're fucking cowards, and he was also a claimed ascetic so he couldn't be protected. It's possible they intuited he was some kind of power role from it, shrug. I think NKA generally sucks and I've lead myself down the wrong trail before while trying to use it.

i get that you're stuck in your opinions on the other two, I just think you're wrong. I think folks are giving Dunn a free pass for having a pulse which is an objective mistake when he's done nothing particularly town, and I think him getting nitpicky and lawyery in response to me scumreading him is definitively scummy. You don't have to see it now, it's cool. Just - please, remember this in the future because I feel relatively strongly about this.
I'm having a hard time b/c ur reads don't align with mine at all here ...

~ skitter
shouldn't that be the easiest towntell for me then lmao
No, why?
You never agree with me

In post 4281, Sunflower wrote: but it is true that even in current era of whatever is going on with him, as town i guess he has tended to be more in thread and like, trying to be active, and then just being unwilling/unable to share detailed thoughts

where here we don't even get many of the usual "catching up now."s

I don't discount the possibility he can be underwhelming as town

I do know what he'd play like as scum though, which is to show up and immediately become a solid block of ice and do the absolute minimum necessary while hoping people ignore him
super secret alt
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #4284 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 7:01 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

@mod I'm vla until Sunday

Sorry something came up
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4285 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 7:01 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 4254, Sunflower wrote: the question you should be asking yourself is whether i played pro-scum. in what ways did i advance scum win condition with my day 1 play? this is not a rhetorical question. i would like an answer
I listed everything I felt was scummy, or "advancing scum win condition" from you on Day 1 in the very post you quoted! Unsurprisingly, you do not agree with those reasons. I don't expect you to.

You have devoted a lot of words to what ultimately feels like "I wouldn't do this as scum" (I understand some of the arguments you presented are more nuanced than this, not trying to discredit, just to summarize because I'm not trying to get into a quote-wall back-and-forth with you) which is not an argument I find convincing. I have never played with scum!you before. Other than some throw-away comments this game about you being better at scum than what you've presented here, I have absolutely no insight to how you operate as scum. Additionally, your knowledge of your own meta makes you all that more capable of circumventing it. This is not something I think is entirely out of the question for you given that so many people in this game seem to have experience with scum!you.

I explained that your behavior on Day 1 aligns with what I'd expect from scum in the dethy and listed the reasons why. I have a strong town read on marci. I have felt town-vibes from other members of that hood at points throughout the game other than STD. I find you much scummier than STD, so my sights are are currently set on you.

I was right about Brian utilizing my own scum-hunting methods that you are currently disparaging so I am not really looking for advice on how to play as Town right now. I recognize I am not infallible and could be wrong about you. I am historically a very tunnely player but even if I'm sure about something I think I've done a better job recently of not drowning the thread with posts attacking my scum reads at every opportunity. Thankfully, this is a team game and I have several strong town reads that know how to keep me in check. MANY of them feel the same way about you as I do which only boosts my confidence.

A couple things:
1. Who do you think is the scum in your hood? From what I can tell, your PoE is currently sitting at STD and Experience. Alternatively, you can explain why you are townreading marci and wolfbae. Or you can do both if you want extra credit!
2. Is there a reason you're defaulting to assuming I'm Town here if you think my arguments are just that bad? You saw my Town game in Kemusan too and I don't really recall getting as much criticism from you there. Please elaborate on how you got to your town read of me here.
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #4286 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 7:03 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Also I am done casing and wall-posting I wanna INTERACT IN REAL TIME

But not right now because I'm working and already spent too much time on the above post when I should have been answering emails

I promise to stop walling at you all
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4287 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 7:05 am

Post by Sunflower »

my favorite possible world for this game to be in is for morph to be scum who has all the thread control in the world but they just don't have enough support from their partners and can't do enough to prevent the rest of the thread from landing on them

that would be really satisfying to me

pedit: @spiffeh can't in depth respond rn but will later

Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #4288 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 7:05 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Ngl I do feel silly taking up for Experience in any capacity when he has done absolutely nothing since replacing in over a week ago
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4289 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 7:07 am

Post by Hermit Crab »

I’m honestly shocked you can main hunt the ISO of perpetual catch up
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4290 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 7:09 am

Post by Sunflower »

he's a very easy voice read

Firebagel
Firebagel
she
Goon
Firebagel
she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she

Post Post #4291 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 7:10 am

Post by Firebagel »

In post 4273, Dannflor wrote: #2 is just to give up because you dont have the WIM and if you're gonna get caught anyway you don't want to accidentally reveal too much info for town to use
- there is 1 player in the hood who is playing this way
And it's Save the Dragons. He just did that right here with me. :P
wolfbae
wolfbae
Goon
wolfbae
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4292 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 7:11 am

Post by wolfbae »

In post 4289, Hermit Crab wrote: I’m honestly shocked you can main hunt the ISO of perpetual catch up
my methods are secretive and mysterious

that being said this song and dance ought to remind you of something you've seen before - PYP open from last year (if this is not the notty head sorry I haven't figured out who is who yet)
super secret alt
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4293 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 7:12 am

Post by Sunflower »

thats gotta be notty i don't think herr talks like that

Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4294 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 7:12 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 4291, Firebagel wrote:
In post 4273, Dannflor wrote: #2 is just to give up because you dont have the WIM and if you're gonna get caught anyway you don't want to accidentally reveal too much info for town to use
sorry i think you believe in this read but i don't really see it and i think you're engaged in a tvt
Firebagel
Firebagel
she
Goon
Firebagel
she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4295 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 7:12 am

Post by Firebagel »

In post 4283, wolfbae wrote: I don't discount the possibility he can be underwhelming as town

I do know what he'd play like as scum though, which is to show up and immediately become a solid block of ice and do the absolute minimum necessary while hoping people ignore him
Ah, you figured out who he is. You've only seen him as scum? I've only seen him as town, and "doing the absolute minimum necessary" is exactly how I'd describe that. Even when talking to his hydra partners he gives next to nothing. He's truly the epitome of "in his own world."
wolfbae
wolfbae
Goon
wolfbae
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4296 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 7:14 am

Post by wolfbae »

I've seen him as both alignments. He used to be better than that and I don't know what happened but I consider how he has played now to be essentially outing
super secret alt
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #4297 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 7:19 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 4291, Firebagel wrote:
i think you misunderstood what dann was trying to say if you think that
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #4298 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 7:43 am

Post by morph the cat »

Why even bother with a super sekrit alt if you're wanting to play a game you've been watching with a bunch of names you supposedly enjoy playing with?

Open mic replies.
Firebagel
Firebagel
she
Goon
Firebagel
she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4299 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 7:47 am

Post by Firebagel »

In post 4296, wolfbae wrote: I've seen him as both alignments. He used to be better than that and I don't know what happened but I consider how he has played now to be essentially outing
He does have a pretty sparse iso even for him but apparently he's been notably more talkative in the hood, which I can't see, so I don't even think I could draw conclusions from it.

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”