open 914: the coalition (this is completed)

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
Moros
Moros
it/its
Goon
Moros
it/its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:42 pm

Post by Moros »

i admit i consistently did not think about the game for a few days but i have recovered and i think my brain is working again.
Moros
Moros
it/its
Goon
Moros
it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:43 pm

Post by Moros »

trying to solve who was scum here felt too intimidating to me and so i briefly gave up. but i think i have a better view of the game now.
Tsawwassen
Tsawwassen
Goon
Tsawwassen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:44 pm

Post by Tsawwassen »

In post 1199, the worst wrote: ironically i also think experience has been pretty scummy post-coalition and unfortunately i'm trying to solve within the coalition
It always gotta come back to Umlaut huh

if Moros/May/implosion are all town it has to be Black/experience then
Moros
Moros
it/its
Goon
Moros
it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:45 pm

Post by Moros »

i think it is most likely to be experience.
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She | No they/etc

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:47 pm

Post by May »

In post 1193, Moros wrote: may, do you townread tired person?
The most salient thing about tired person to me is when implosion!scum was super unpopular she showed up and said "whoa Mays idea is right implosion isn't trying to solve the game if he wants experience to be town rather than be found". It didn't seem like a critique likely to be rewarded in any way. At the same time I've relived the experience of being egged on on a bad theory many many times. The interaction is more clearing if the tea leaves themselves were being seconded instead of my opinion of the tea leaves being seconded, which depends on implo's flip.

There's not like, a ton otherwise that I townread tp for besides her tone seeming ok.
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:48 pm

Post by May »

In post 1202, Tsawwassen wrote:
In post 1199, the worst wrote: ironically i also think experience has been pretty scummy post-coalition and unfortunately i'm trying to solve within the coalition

I'm confused aren't there five people in coalition
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:49 pm

Post by May »

I can assure everyone my brain is not working
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:49 pm

Post by the worst »

i do not really think my townreads on implosion or may survive the failed coalition and while i do not get the black townreads at all, i will concede that a lot of people are townreading her for reasons i just don't get :tm: and it's more likely y'all are correct that than my confused ass is right
Moros
Moros
it/its
Goon
Moros
it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:49 pm

Post by Moros »

i might be overwilling to townread people who reverse course and decide that i'm town but that is also a thing that helps town win the game. i think scum would be eager to keep me as an option, because there was a brief window where i was much more available as one than any other point in the game, and they wouldn't want that to slip away.
Tsawwassen
Tsawwassen
Goon
Tsawwassen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:50 pm

Post by Tsawwassen »

In post 1205, May wrote:
In post 1202, Tsawwassen wrote:

I'm confused aren't there five people in coalition
My bad, tired person is my partner
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:50 pm

Post by the worst »

was i too late to re-townread you? is that read no longer cool?
Moros
Moros
it/its
Goon
Moros
it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:53 pm

Post by Moros »

In post 1204, May wrote:
The most salient thing about tired person to me is when implosion!scum was super unpopular she showed up and said "whoa Mays idea is right implosion isn't trying to solve the game if he wants experience to be town rather than be found". It didn't seem like a critique likely to be rewarded in any way. At the same time I've relived the experience of being egged on on a bad theory many many times. The interaction is more clearing if the tea leaves themselves were being seconded instead of my opinion of the tea leaves being seconded, which depends on implo's flip.

There's not like, a ton otherwise that I townread tp for besides her tone seeming ok.
it feels like you aren't seriously considering tired person as a possible scums and this read doesn't feel like one that would compel you to do so intentionally. in 1190 couldn't it be a scum who didn't snow you?
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:54 pm

Post by May »

I'm pretty happy with the Moros thaw it seems like the same player from day zero now
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:56 pm

Post by May »

In post 1211, Moros wrote:
In post 1204, May wrote:

it feels like you aren't seriously considering tired person as a possible scums and this read doesn't feel like one that would compel you to do so intentionally. in 1190 couldn't it be a scum who didn't snow you?
My heartburn about eliminating tired person is that it's kind of advancing the pawn Implosion to the 8th square to eliminate one of very few other people who think he is a scummy slot with a lot of thread control. In some ways that feels worse than eliminating Black.

But if Implosion is just town at the end of the tunnel yes tired person is mafia in a whole lot of those worlds
Moros
Moros
it/its
Goon
Moros
it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:57 pm

Post by Moros »

In post 1210, the worst wrote: was i too late to re-townread you? is that read no longer cool?
your read was the loftiest muse from which my conclusion was conceived.
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:58 pm

Post by May »

Implosion would of course become a rook on the eighth square in this metaphor. Unless he would want to be a queen. All valid.
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:58 pm

Post by May »

In post 1214, Moros wrote:
In post 1210, the worst wrote: was i too late to re-townread you? is that read no longer cool?
What does this mean?
Moros
Moros
it/its
Goon
Moros
it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 8:00 pm

Post by Moros »

In post 1213, May wrote:
In post 1211, Moros wrote:
In post 1204, May wrote:

My heartburn about eliminating tired person is that it's kind of advancing the pawn Implosion to the 8th square to eliminate one of very few other people who think he is a scummy slot with a lot of thread control. In some ways that feels worse than eliminating Black.

But if Implosion is just town at the end of the tunnel yes tired person is mafia in a whole lot of those worlds
in 1156 you thought implosion was on the other side of the chessboard than you expected and may not be threatening promotion. when you unvoted, you voted me. did you consider tired person?
Moros
Moros
it/its
Goon
Moros
it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 8:02 pm

Post by Moros »

In post 1216, May wrote:
In post 1214, Moros wrote:
What does this mean?
the worst reversed course on me and that made me think about whether scum would be likely to do so and led to me posting 1208.
Moros
Moros
it/its
Goon
Moros
it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 8:04 pm

Post by Moros »

i think that he was the first to reverse course which is the most significant one to me, because scum would be less eager to take me back off the table and they May wait for others to do it first.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 8:14 pm

Post by implosion »

fyi for all my bluster i am going to be pretty absent tomorrow in all likelihood, i'm flying tomorrow and am not going to get enough sleep and also have shit i need to work on and will most likely not have energy for this game until Tuesday
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 8:46 pm

Post by tired person »

In post 1130, Black wrote: Would you mind explaining your May townread before I do that?
i wouldn't mind. i think her posting feels natural. i don't think she has had much of an agenda throughout the game. tho i admit that if u look at it thru the lens of "may is mafia with implosion" then that does explain why she would be unconcerned with an agenda (because implosion would be the one pushing it).
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 8:47 pm

Post by tired person »

In post 1141, Black wrote: VOTE: May
black if u think it's may and implosion could u please vote implosion first?
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 9:01 pm

Post by tired person »

In post 932, schadd_ wrote:
vote count 1.a !

coalition votes:

Tsawwassen:
May, Black, implosion, Moros, tired person
Moros:
implosion, Black, Moros, May, tired person
Black:
Black, May, tired person, Moros, implosion
the worst:
Black, May, tired person, Moros, implosion
experience:
May, implosion, tired person, Moros, Black

May:
Black, May, Tsawwassen, experience, tired person
tired person:
Black, May, Moros, Tsawwassen, experience
Aventurine:
(none proposed)
implosion:
(none proposed)

with 9 alive, it took 5 of the same vote to propose a coalition.
this is so confusin ot me bc like moros said if u have 3 people outside the coalition voting for it its guaranteed to b wrong. and at the same time i think that tas and experience would vote for a coalition without them as town even tho it's guaranteed to be a bad play. and i'm starting to think that the worst might be town. so i can actually see the scumteam being implosion/may, especially cuz neither voted for the coalition (which as implosion said, it's dangerous to have both scum inside).

additionally i'm a bit annoyed at moros not answering this:
In post 1100, tired person wrote:
In post 1078, implosion wrote:
In post 1076, Moros wrote: obviously they are not. but im not sure how to tell where i was wrong.
Well yes i understand this, but presumably you have reasons for each individual in the coalition for why you think that they are town, even knowing that one or more of those reasons are wrong. I'd like to know what those chief reasons are in the current state of where your head is at, without you having reread it. It doesn't have to be in depth, just like, a sentence or two on each person.
i would also lika that, moros
but unfortunaltey i don't think it means it's scum. in fact not answering might mean that it's town and that it's thoughts have moved on.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 9:02 pm

Post by tired person »