Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:46 pm

Post by tyhess »

PsychoSniper wrote:
tyhess wrote:
Rogue Shenanigans wrote:No one IS discussing anything at the beginning of the day. Also, as bad as the random vote jokes are, they do (at least for me) convey a sense of community and friendliness which can be nice since the rest of the game is full of arguing and murder.
haha, true, true....

As for the fact that no one is discussing anything at the beginning of the day, we could maybe take cracks at the roles in this game, how the game is balanced, or other random things that have to do with this particular game.....but that's just one man's opinion...
Taking cracks at roles or setup mechanisms will benefit scum more than town at this stage, considering Town has no information to work with this early. The scum are in a better position to learn more from these speculations.

It
might
have been more viable if we had started on a Night, where at least Town would have had a bit of info concerning the number of nightkills that occurred, or whatever the power-roles could have learned by their night actions. In our current state where Town knows nothing, it's a big no-no, IMO.

FOS tyhess
for what I consider to be an anti-town suggestion.
I was naming things that could be talked about, not necessarily what should happen in this game. Nightless is an example of where that would work.

I just think talking about the game will give better leads than a random vote.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:47 pm

Post by tyhess »

Zachrulez wrote:
magnus_orion wrote:why do I finding not random voting suspicious?
Well, random voting is supposed to be used to guage reactions. Guaging reactions is a way of finding scum. Therefore guaging reactions is pro-town. Therefore, by extension, random voting is pro-town. Not participating in a pro-town action is anti-town. Therefore not random voting is anti-town, and Anti-town is scummy. I expect, by page 3, for everyone whose posted to have made a random vote, unless something happened which ended the random vote stage. At which point random votes become scummy. :D
I agree that random voting can have it's uses.

I don't agree that not random voting is either anti-town or scummy. It's a player preference really isn't it?

I think your analysis here is a bit of a reach...

However
magnus_orion wrote:Sorry, double post, this was posted while I was posting....
tyhess wrote:
Rogue Shenanigans wrote:No one IS discussing anything at the beginning of the day. Also, as bad as the random vote jokes are, they do (at least for me) convey a sense of community and friendliness which can be nice since the rest of the game is full of arguing and murder.
haha, true, true....

As for the fact that no one is discussing anything at the beginning of the day, we could maybe take cracks at the roles in this game, how the game is balanced, or other random things that have to do with this particular game.....but that's just one man's opinion...
We should be trying to figure out what the roles are? To what end? So mafia can false claim? :shock:
unvote vote: Tyhess
This is an interesting point. On top of false claim, my main concern with "taking cracks" at roles is that we will draw a map for the mafia so that they know exactly who to kill at night and in what order.

FOS: Tyhess
So taking cracks ar roles will lead mafia to know any power roles that the town might have, but we would not gain anything from trying to figure out who the scum are?
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:57 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

tyhess wrote:
PsychoSniper wrote:
tyhess wrote:
haha, true, true....

As for the fact that no one is discussing anything at the beginning of the day, we could maybe take cracks at the roles in this game
, how the game is balanced, or other random things that have to do with this particular game.....but that's just one man's opinion...
Taking cracks at roles or setup mechanisms will benefit scum more than town at this stage, considering Town has no information to work with this early. The scum are in a better position to learn more from these speculations.

It
might
have been more viable if we had started on a Night, where at least Town would have had a bit of info concerning the number of nightkills that occurred, or whatever the power-roles could have learned by their night actions. In our current state where Town knows nothing, it's a big no-no, IMO.

FOS tyhess
I was naming things that could be talked about, not necessarily what should happen in this game.
Nightless is an example of where that would work.

The second underlined portion is a blatant lie when taken along with the wording of the first underlined portion. That is my opinion.
Show
Why, yes, I do exist simply to make your life a living hell.
Win-Loss
Town: 10-3
Scum: 5-2
Serial Killer: 0-2
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:59 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

I'm not sure what you meant by taking cracks at roles.

What I got out of that is that you placed a suggestion for us to try to figure out what roles are in the game and who has them.

Who is going to confirm the roles except for the people who actually possess them? (Or worse yet scum fake-confirming via claim.)

Outing roles that have not yet had a chance to gather any information doesn't benefit the town in any way that I can imagine. I can however, imagine how the scum could use the outing of a doctor or a cop to their advantage. (Makes it much easier to figure out who to kill first.)

Unless you meant something else by taking cracks at roles?
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:02 pm

Post by tyhess »

Um.....You know what a general statement means? The conversation between me and Rogue weren't necessarily about this particular game. I was naming things that could, generally, be possible topics to start a game. Again with twisting my words.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:04 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

Um.....You know what a general statement means? The conversation between me and Rogue weren't necessarily about this particular game. I was naming things that could, generally, be possible topics to start a game. Again with twisting my words.
we could maybe take cracks at the roles in
this game
-_-
O Rly?
Show
Win-Loss
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:07 pm

Post by tyhess »

READ THE POSTS BEFORE MINE. Rogue was talking about every game he's played in. I was talking about every game I played in. When I say in this game and the conversation is about more than just this game, then it means the particular GAMES I'm talking about.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:08 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

magnus_orion wrote:
tyhess wrote:
PsychoSniper wrote:
tyhess wrote:
haha, true, true....

As for the fact that no one is discussing anything at the beginning of the day, we could maybe take cracks at the roles in this game
, how the game is balanced, or other random things that have to do with this particular game.....but that's just one man's opinion...

It
might

FOS tyhess
I was naming things that could be talked about, not necessarily what should happen in this game.
Nightless is an example of where that would work.

The second underlined portion is a blatant lie when taken along with the wording of the first underlined portion. That is my opinion.
I can see how the suggestion of taking cracks at roles can be anti-town.

But I don't see this blatant lie that you think you have pointed out. The first underlined portion said we could maybe take cracks at roles. The rest of the statement suggested other things we could discuss in the same context.

The 2nd underlined statement basically reiterated the same thing.

I don't see the lie.

Could you please elaborate further on this lie you believe you have discovered?
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:10 pm

Post by tyhess »

Zachrulez wrote:I'm not sure what you meant by taking cracks at roles.

What I got out of that is that you placed a suggestion for us to try to figure out what roles are in the game and who has them.

Who is going to confirm the roles except for the people who actually possess them? (Or worse yet scum fake-confirming via claim.)

Outing roles that have not yet had a chance to gather any information doesn't benefit the town in any way that I can imagine. I can however, imagine how the scum could use the outing of a doctor or a cop to their advantage. (Makes it much easier to figure out who to kill first.)

Unless you meant something else by taking cracks at roles?
I never said anything about confirming your roles or anything like that, that would be dumb. What I was talking about was how, in some games, you can get certain info by figuring out how the game is set up. That may or may not work for this game, but some times that is a legitimate thing to talk about to start the day. It has more relevance than random voting.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:10 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

other random things that have to do with
this particular game
no, I'm pretty sure you're talking about "this particular game" :|
Show
Win-Loss
UnofficialRulerOfEveryone
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:11 pm

Post by UnofficialRulerOfEveryone »

Vote Count
With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch!

Isacc - 1 (don_johnson)
magnus_orion - 2 (Zachrulez, tyhess)
Lindisfarne - 1 (PsychoSniper)
don_johnson - 1 (Percy)
McNuke - 1 (Isacc)
PsychoSniper - 1 (Lindisfarne)
Percy - 1 (McNuke)
Rogue Shenanigans - 1 (Nikelaos)
tyhess - 2 (Rogue Shenanigans, magnus_orion)

Not Voting

Beyond_Birthday
Last edited by UnofficialRulerOfEveryone on Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
I OWN PANTS!

I am URoE! Ruler of all things stupid!

Town: 1 - 4
Scum: 1 - 2

I suck.

[01:53:40] <@Phayt> ATTENTION DUELISTS
[01:53:51] <@Phayt> i'd just like to express derision and amusement that someone considers uroe to be a good player
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:14 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

He said he was talking about things that could be talked about a game, but not necessarily should happen in this particular game

The way I understand what he actually said was that one of the alternatives to what we could do instead of a random vote, in this game, was effectively, mass role claim. Day 1. Because of the fact nothing was being discussed.
Show
Win-Loss
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:16 pm

Post by tyhess »

Wow. Go back and read the whole conversation, not just the quotes that you hand picked. I'll even help you out. Start out at about post 60, and read the whole conversation. Then reread what I said, and tell me if I what I meant by this particular game in Mini 722.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:16 pm

Post by tyhess »

EBWOP ***is Mini722
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:19 pm

Post by tyhess »

magnus_orion wrote:He said he was talking about things that could be talked about a game, but not necessarily should happen in this particular game

The way I understand what he actually said was that one of the alternatives to what we could do instead of a random vote, in this game, was effectively, mass role claim. Day 1. Because of the fact nothing was being discussed.
1)How does trying to figure out how the game is balanced=mass role claim, if that was even what I meant, which it wasn't.

2)The reason nothing was being discussed before the random voting was the fact that the first post WAS A RANDOM VOTE.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:25 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

mod: is the vote count correct?

MODEDIT:
Except for the fact that tyhess and magnus_orion (you) had a 1 next to them (fixed) instead of a 2... I believe so, do you have something that you find wrong? I had to wade through the FOS's

and, tyhess reread... don't see it... it sounds like in your post you switched the focus back to "this game"

If you had used "the game" I might've seen things differently. "the game" would have been a more natural way of putting it, much more likely.

In fact, post 73, you affirmed my interpretation of your post.... :|
Show
Win-Loss
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:26 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

Mass role claim... how else would we be able to argue what we think the roles are unless we gave are own roles to theorize how to balance said roles.
Show
Win-Loss
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:31 pm

Post by tyhess »

I didn't post post 73, so how could I have affirmed your interpretation?

You lied! Lynch all liars! Rule number 1! :roll:

Why would any power role be dumb enough to post what their role was? There's ways to talk about possible roles without claiming.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:32 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

mod: no... it was the ones. Thanks.

MODEDIT:
Okay, Thanks.
Show
Win-Loss
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:34 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

I didn't post post 73, so how could I have affirmed your interpretation?
right... sorry. post 74, rather. Gtg, get some sleep. I'm done for today (in real life).
Show
Win-Loss
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:40 pm

Post by tyhess »

I see nothing about how I'd affirm your interpretation, except for POSSIBLY when I said that I would like actually discussion about the game. Again, I was talking in generalities about how I would rather talk about the game than random vote. There's nothing in that posts to lead you to believe that I want a mass role claim, or that I was talking about this particular game, or anything like that.
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:39 pm

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

magnus_orion wrote:vote: beyond_birthday
On accound of avatar and username.
three murders is enough to warrant my vote... :D
I beg your pardon, dear boy, but my EYES told me when they would die. Is it fate that lead to their deaths causing me to kill them, or is it I who killed them, shaping their fates!? *HAHAHAHA*

Maybe their parents have damned them on account of giving them a name that has a first letter to match their surname.

In any case, this town only needs one crazed revenge killer:

Vote PsychoSniper

Guns are so inappropriate in killing someone...you need a knife...or to experiment with breaking their arm to cause enough internal bleeding to make them die...make them suffer...mutilate them......clean just isn't fun...
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:42 pm

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

EBWOP
(Note, I will catch up with this game asap. and I just demanded my free RV. Enjoy it. From now on, I will be posting at least once a day until I am out of game or game ends...whatever happens.)
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:23 pm

Post by don_johnson »

tyhess wrote:
I never said anything about confirming your roles
or anything like that, that would be dumb.
your as in "you townies"?

*fixes hair, looks in mirror*
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
PsychoSniper
PsychoSniper
Goon
PsychoSniper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:10 pm

Post by PsychoSniper »

tyhess wrote: Ya, but Magnus's FOS's etc are for things happening in the game, while the other things such as the hair are, well, random.
....and aren't you the one who thinks we should vote for things that happens in the game instead of random voting? Yet you went and voted for pretty much the first guy to make a non-random vote. :shock:

And you can't really accuse everyone else of "twisting your words" when the fact is you didn't seem to have worded your posts properly in the first place. I've reread your posts and they still look to me like you were suggesting that we fish for role info in this game. magnum wasn't the only one to "misinterpret" your post, there're at least 3 guys (including me) who'd shown confusion at them. You seem to me like one who's either backpedalling from a mistake or just worded your initial post really poorly.

Let's ask the guy whom you were actually talking to:
Rogue, you're the one he was addressing. What does it seem like? Do
you
believe he was talking about this game, or just games in general?

And why make a "general statement"? Why not just, you know, make a legit helpful suggestion about what we can
really
discuss in this game?

Like I said, speculating about roles and setups this early is more likely to help scum than town. They are the ones with real info, town has nothing to work with. Role and setups speculations is far more beneficial to town much later in the game, when town has collected sufficient info from nightkill patterns and power role abilities. To do that now will lead us nowhere.

So please, answer this: if you were not referring to
this
game in your suggestions about cracking roles, then how exactly do you suggest we should have started this game without random voting? What exactly was there to discuss about when the town knew essentially nothing? No more general statements, please.

---

Ironically, the initial argument about whether random voting is good seems to have ended the random voting stage.

unvote
, now that there's actual game discussion taking place...

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”