open 914: the coalition (this is completed)

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
Moros
Moros
it/its
Goon
Moros
it/its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2024 8:50 pm

Post by Moros »

the point about experience was two posts removed from my answer to your question so i think it would take a great mental leap to decide that it was the only relevant response.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2024 8:57 pm

Post by the worst »

Treating experience like guiltied maf is probably a little fallacious but uh.... not that fallacious I guess especially from my pov lol...

I do find implosion's early super hard townread which he refused to re-evaluate and would die on the hill of FOR NO REASON after expeumlaut became widely scumread is probably a little bit surreal to have on a scumbuddy. It's so stubborn I don't think it's all that aligned, still. Am I out of my mind?
Moros
Moros
it/its
Goon
Moros
it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2024 9:03 pm

Post by Moros »

i may not have properly conveyed that the point about experience was more of an addendum than a primary thought. i don't think it's a good idea to assume he is mafia but who his partners may be if so is something i was considering.
Tsawwassen
Tsawwassen
Any
Goon
Tsawwassen
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2024 9:08 pm

Post by Tsawwassen »

In post 1392, Moros wrote: i think that May makes sense as a partner to experience because Umlaut was in most players' coalitions early in the game, and May didn't seem like she was trying to get in. but later Umlaut disappeared and May started pushing more to get in.
In post 1393, Moros wrote: i don't think implosion makes sense as a partner to experience because of the way he treated Umlaut early in the game. if implosion is mafia then i think he strongly townread Umlaut because he knew Umlaut was town, not because he was a partner.
In post 1394, Moros wrote: i don't think experience is town because he was able to find reads easily and quickly when he needed to form a coalition but has lost that now. i think when he needed to push a coalition with his partner, he did that, but now he doesn't know what to do.
Penrose triangle of a read there
Moros
Moros
it/its
Goon
Moros
it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2024 9:23 pm

Post by Moros »

i don't think so. the experience read doesn't loop back to anything else. if experience is scum then he voted for a coalition with his partner on it. this is axiomatic in the general case because he voted for the winning coalition and the winning coalition failed. it is true regardless of his partner.
Moros
Moros
it/its
Goon
Moros
it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2024 9:29 pm

Post by Moros »

the reads build on each other but i believe the structure is sound if you construct it on a foundation of scum experience. i think it's true though that building the house before checking if the foundation is there or not is unwise.
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She | No they/etc

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2024 10:25 pm

Post by May »

In post 1399, Moros wrote:
In post 1397, May wrote: It's like pretty annoying to be declared mafia purely on a preflip assoc with experience.
this is the third time that you've used language that frames my points in an inaccurate way that allows you to be dismissive of them, which is i think enough reason for me to want to vote you on its own. you may consider the vote to be purely for that reason instead if you find that one to be less annoying.
Preflip associations are fundamentally bad approach to mafia. But I can't resolve 3 MD threads of discussion convincing you of that.
I also don't want to like, go deep on antiassociatives with experience's slot because it can get wifomy. It's better to just try to express my alignment individually and nudge you in some sort of way to table the full team tinfoils.

But also annoyed is an emotion you made me feel
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2024 10:26 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1402, Moros wrote: i may not have properly conveyed that the point about experience was more of an addendum than a primary thought. i don't think it's a good idea to assume he is mafia but who his partners may be if so is something i was considering.
we're on the same page I think I was clarifying more than explaining
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2024 10:27 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1403, Tsawwassen wrote:
In post 1392, Moros wrote: i think that May makes sense as a partner to experience because Umlaut was in most players' coalitions early in the game, and May didn't seem like she was trying to get in. but later Umlaut disappeared and May started pushing more to get in.
In post 1393, Moros wrote: i don't think implosion makes sense as a partner to experience because of the way he treated Umlaut early in the game. if implosion is mafia then i think he strongly townread Umlaut because he knew Umlaut was town, not because he was a partner.
In post 1394, Moros wrote: i don't think experience is town because he was able to find reads easily and quickly when he needed to form a coalition but has lost that now. i think when he needed to push a coalition with his partner, he did that, but now he doesn't know what to do.
dang granted.

I still feel like the Black townreads are a bit abstract j/s
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2024 10:28 pm

Post by the worst »

Why was I voting implosion yesterday?
Tsawwassen
Tsawwassen
Any
Goon
Tsawwassen
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2024 10:28 pm

Post by Tsawwassen »

In post 1405, Moros wrote: the reads build on each other but i believe the structure is sound if you construct it on a foundation of scum experience. i think it's true though that building the house before checking if the foundation is there or not is unwise.
You used scum!exp as the basis to assert scum!May. Yet you used town!exp as the basis to assert implosion can't be partner with him because he TMI'd his read.

There are two polarizing hypothesis there.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2024 10:30 pm

Post by the worst »

Did it?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2024 10:31 pm

Post by the worst »

I actually can't tell. I think the goblin I keep in my closet played all of this game up until now.
Tsawwassen
Tsawwassen
Any
Goon
Tsawwassen
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2024 10:32 pm

Post by Tsawwassen »

In post 1408, the worst wrote:
In post 1403, Tsawwassen wrote:
dang granted.

I still feel like the Black townreads are a bit abstract j/s
I feel like if I'm wrong on Black or you I would just lose

I'm in too deep
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2024 10:54 pm

Post by implosion »

experience is frankly the person i presently least think is scum out of the uncoalitioned. If I had to shoot names right now i'd shoot may/worst but my confidence in either of those is pretty minimal. I still think Moros can be scum but I think this page makes me think it isn't.

I'll have more to say tomorrow because me being awake this late is a mistake. I do feel a little bit doomed if we lim not-me and miss today particularly if tsaw is town. at this exact moment i feel like may's scum equity is really high but i reserve the right to feel very different in the morning
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2024 12:32 am

Post by May »

Maybe Moros doesnt realize experience and Umlaut are the same slot. There were 999 replacements.
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2024 12:34 am

Post by May »

In post 1414, implosion wrote: at this exact moment i feel like may's scum equity is really high but i reserve the right to feel very different in the morning
What is this
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2024 12:35 am

Post by May »

This is like openly barometering
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2024 12:39 am

Post by May »

You think I'm scum as long as Moros hasn't windfish dreamed a different ship by the next time you return to the thread in which case you think that's scum because you have a bunch of votes on you
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2024 12:45 am

Post by May »

Why does 1414 use the word frankly? Is it to rebut a presumption you would lie about your opinion of experience or to condescend to people who disagree with you
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2024 12:47 am

Post by May »

I know that sounds overly fixated on one word but there's also no reasoning why the people who posted analysis about experience should abandon their reasoning they posted, just providing the implosion answer key
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2024 12:48 am

Post by May »

VOTE: implosion
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2024 1:55 am

Post by the worst »

oh I voted implosion because I think his scum wincon is to embrace absurdity and hope this fairly volatile town implodes around him
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2024 1:55 am

Post by the worst »

hmmm
Black
Black
she/her