magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:52 am

Post by magnus_orion »

tyhess wrote:Read again. Should have time tonight to post on everything, if not almost certainly 2morrow.

But Magnus: Why would you call out me for what you thought was a call for role claiming, and then when lind 100% no doubt about it asks for two other people to role claim, you say nothing?
Because I think I know what he has in mind. and I think its pro-town. But I could be completely wrong :D
Show
Why, yes, I do exist simply to make your life a living hell.
Win-Loss
Town: 10-3
Scum: 5-2
Serial Killer: 0-2
Lindisfarne
Lindisfarne
Goon
Lindisfarne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:55 am

Post by Lindisfarne »

Because I think I know what he has in mind. and I think its pro-town. But I could be completely wrong
To know what I have in mind, means you know more than you should.
[i][color=red]"He looks like the type of guy who can marathon write no matter his alignment without looking scummy at all." -Xtoxm[/color][/i]
Rogue Shenanigans
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:56 am

Post by Rogue Shenanigans »

If you are trying to break open the setup of a game on page 6 then good luck. I refuse to answer untill you explain your position better or you are confirmed.

This
press conference
is over.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:58 am

Post by magnus_orion »

Well, its not all of it. I just have guesses based on what you asked for.
Besides once you reveal your plan, if it turns out to be anti-town, we can always lynch you...
Show
Win-Loss
Lindisfarne
Lindisfarne
Goon
Lindisfarne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:59 am

Post by Lindisfarne »

Not breaking the setup. I was just hoping to confirm one of the two of you. I was hoping it would be you, because that would help more than if psycho is confirmed.
[i][color=red]"He looks like the type of guy who can marathon write no matter his alignment without looking scummy at all." -Xtoxm[/color][/i]
Lindisfarne
Lindisfarne
Goon
Lindisfarne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:01 am

Post by Lindisfarne »

Besides once you reveal your plan, if it turns out to be anti-town, we can always lynch you...
I'm doing my plan right now. I'll reveal what's going on when it actually works.

oh, and my even/odd question is open to everyone. Don't answer if you are confused by the question. And don't guess an answer. Because I WILL know if you are lying, and will reveal why you are scum.
Rogue Shenanigans
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:02 am

Alternate days cops?
Rogue Shenanigans
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:03 am

Whoops... that was a simulpost. Didnt mean to step of your toes there by guessing lind.
UnofficialRulerOfEveryone
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:08 am

Post by UnofficialRulerOfEveryone »

Vote Count
With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch!

Isacc - 1 (don_johnson)
magnus_orion - 2 (Zachrulez, tyhess)
McNuke - 1 (Isacc)
Percy - 1 (McNuke)
tyhess - 2 (magnus_orion, Lindisfarne)
Lindisfarne - 2 (Rogue Shenanigans, Nikelaos)

Not Voting

PsychoSniper, Percy, & Beyond_Birthday
Show
I OWN PANTS!

I am URoE! Ruler of all things stupid!

Town: 1 - 4
Scum: 1 - 2

I suck.

[01:53:40] <@Phayt> ATTENTION DUELISTS
[01:53:51] <@Phayt> i'd just like to express derision and amusement that someone considers uroe to be a good player
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:10 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Lindisfarne wrote:
I'm doing my plan right now. I'll reveal what's going on when it actually works.

oh, and my even/odd question is open to everyone. Don't answer if you are confused by the question. And don't guess an answer. Because I WILL know if you are lying, and will reveal why you are scum.
Why wouldn't you just let the scum lie and then point out why you know they're lying as scum?

If you can do that, it would seem a lot easier to me than warning them not to do so and thus be more cautious.

But what do I know?
Lindisfarne
Lindisfarne
Goon
Lindisfarne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:12 am

Post by Lindisfarne »

But what do I know?
Not enough.

I take it you're not gonna answer?
McNuke
McNuke
Townie
McNuke
Townie
Townie

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:13 am

Post by McNuke »

Lindisfarne wrote: McNuke:
By making the comment "Defending a person isn't good scumhunting. "in this context it seemed to me that you are implying that being pro town means that one should always go with the majority even if you logically see that the person under fire is being attacked by what you see is a ill founded argument
wut?

That makes no sense. Elaborate please?

Now if someone is slinging weak attacks at a person, then you can attack the attacker's logic. That isn't defending, per se. It is coincidental that it will give the defender a reprieve, but you are aggressively weeding out bad logic, which could lead you to scum.

If someone is under attack, unless you KNOW they are town, stay neutral, unless the attacker is using weak logic in their argument. And even then, you attack the logic.

I hope that clears things at least a bit for you.
In the last line of my post I clearly make a comment that we are talking about an ill founded argument. It is after then that you persist to tell me that you should not defend unless someone is using "weak logic"...aka ill founded. Perhaps you did not get message in my post that I was talking about "in this context". By this I meant Isacc had been trying to make a point about the logic used to attack tyhess by saying that the premise of it was opionion and therefore "weak logic". So even by your own words it would make sense for him to state his opinion so by you claiming he was to defensive it was a logical conclusion for me to think that your version of "good scum hunting" was always agreeing with the majority.

"McNuke" wrote:Why do you find anything wrong with pointing out something more then once? It is very common to point out more then once that what you are saying is an opinion so that the point is clear that you are not trying to state facts. Personally it sounds more like you are just bashing on his post just because it has an opinion that is not the same as yours.
Argument by repetition. Why would anything NEED to be said more than once?
Well if you could not read it in my post then I will say it here in a hopefully easier to understand way. In longer posts that state more then one opinion it is common to restate that they were opinions to provoke thought and not facts that have no alternative. And you are right it was not NEEDED, but either is a period at the end of a sentence. In both cases though they are helpful for better communication.

"McNuke" wrote:I find the most suspicious action so far was how worked up Lindisfarne was of Isacc's opinion that contradicted him. It is one thing to counter the opposing opinion and another to say that someone should not go against you opinion.
"Lindisfarne" wrote: how worked up I was of Isacc's opinion that contradicted me? What the shit are you talking about?
Well this talking about the same thing mentioned in your first comment towards me. From my point of view Isacc had stated his opinion that was rational and at the same time would disprove the so called "logic" used to attack tyhess in the case that it was true. By your own words you should attack weak logic, and in my experience the easiest way to attack logic is by stating a possible case that would disprove a premise and then the entire argument which his claim would do. So where I felt that you were getting worked up was that Isacc was doing exactly what you think someone should do when they feel there is weak logic, and yet you said he was not and being a bad scum hunter. To call someone that you had to have problems with the post.
"Lindisfarne" wrote: Rogue:
This really seems like a much ado about nothing. Wall of text post after wall of text post on the tinyest things in a post is rather distracting from the big picture.
QFT. Lets go grab a beer.?
First you are trying to grill tyhess while other people are saying its not big deal move on, and then you say yea this guy gets that its no big deal which you agree with. Why the change of heart?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:15 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Depends on what you are asking.

I think I know what you are asking, but I'm not sure.
McNuke
McNuke
Townie
McNuke
Townie
Townie

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:18 am

Post by McNuke »

EBWOP
Really meant to press preview when I was in a hurry.
The spaces screwed up my quotes, but I think it is still clear who said what so I won't waste the page re-posting. If anyone thinks it is unclear I will re-post it with the correct syntax.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:19 am

Post by magnus_orion »

I don't get the question...
If its simply even or odd with no underlying meaning:
even.
But if there is underlying meaning that I am supposed to know because of my role or something, then I wouldn't count my answer.
Show
Win-Loss
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:24 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Lindisfarne wrote:
But what do I know?
Not enough.

I take it you're not gonna answer?
I'm weary about this.

But, even.
Lindisfarne
Lindisfarne
Goon
Lindisfarne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:27 am

Post by Lindisfarne »

Firstly nuke, EVERYTHING IN MAFIA IS OPINION. Period.

Next: The point of Isacc's post (if you reread my post, you'll see it spelled out, and I'm hoping he will deny that is what his point was because I'll have him in an awesome contradictory nutlock), was to point out his interpritation (i.e. opinion) of what tyhess was saying. The only attack he made was one on Magnus's character. He did not go into detail on what aspects of magnus's logic he disliked. So you must have misread his initial post there, nuke.

damn, you really messed up the tags. Ask the mod to fix them for you, that's a mess.

Oh, and I grill people. It's what I do. Some folks have a problem with it, but oh well. It makes me look scummy sometimes, but I don't quite care. To date, out of t hree games, I've cause the last member of the opposing faction to vote themselves and flat out concede the game on the spot, because I forced them into a corner, where they were only making themselves sound worse and worse. Hell, I'll even grill someone I think is likely town. Because you can never be too sure.

Sorry if you don't dig it, but it's how I play. It's worked for me so far.
Lindisfarne
Lindisfarne
Goon
Lindisfarne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:27 am

Post by Lindisfarne »

Zach is town.
Lindisfarne
Lindisfarne
Goon
Lindisfarne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:30 am

Post by Lindisfarne »

I wont reveal more about it unless zach agrees to.

And to be honest, it wasn't some huge plan. I was hoping if I worded it right, I could catch a scum, but oh well, that narrows it down to 10 people.

And zach, you can probably guess which I am :p
Rogue Shenanigans
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:31 am

Reasons lind?

Good reasons?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:33 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Lindisfarne wrote:I wont reveal more about it unless zach agrees to.

And to be honest, it wasn't some huge plan. I was hoping if I worded it right, I could catch a scum, but oh well, that narrows it down to 10 people.

Actually I'm still a bit confused on all of that.

It did take a bit of thinking to understand what you were asking... and that is about the only thing I understand out of your experiment.

I'm trying to understand though....

But uhh... you're odd?
Rogue Shenanigans
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:37 am

Zach is a cop that can investigate on even numbered nights night 2, night 4 ect.

Lind is a cop that can investigate odd numbered nights night 1, night 3 ect.

Lind... if this is the case can you narrow explain your role a little clearer. Regular cop or role cop? Is there any way that your partner could be mafia?

Not one to turn away two confirms, but this is the kind of stuff that mods could put in to throw off town in the event of massclaim, like masons of which one is scum.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:45 am

Post by magnus_orion »

I think Lindis is asking if zach is willing to reveal more of... something...
Show
Win-Loss
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Lindisfarne wrote:I wont reveal more about it unless zach agrees to.

Do you mean about even/odd?

Or about roles?
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:48 am

Post by magnus_orion »

Are they unrelated to each other?
=_=
*Feels very left out.*
Show
Win-Loss

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”