Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:52 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Well, I think

I'm even

Linde is odd and we possibly have the same role

Or he has a role where he can tell whether roles of the dynamic that mine are set up in are even or odd, and is thus easily able to tell who lies about this.

I don't know. I must admit I'm a bit confused as to what exactly his experiment is myself.

But I do know what he was asking now, with the odd/even thing.
Lindisfarne
Lindisfarne
Goon
Lindisfarne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:54 am

Post by Lindisfarne »

yes zach, I am odd.

Psycho and Rogue I was actually most hesitant on this game. I couldn't get a good read on them. I baited a little bit, saying there had to be multiple cops (meaning it would be safe for them to claim cop) I was thinking if one of them was scum, they likely wouldn't want to pass up the oppurtunity to be believed to be a cop. If one had claimed cop, I would have asked what kind. If they did not say "even night cop" I would have revealed them as scum. It was a very long shot, but a gambit worth trying anyway.

And yes, You are correct rogue. Although our roles are a bit unusual. For me at least, I can investigate one player a night. I either get if they are innocent or guilty, their name, or both. however if I get both, only one is guaranteed true (paraphrasing, not directly quoting obviously. don't want teh mod kill'd). I don't see the value of the name (I have a name, so I assume we all do, and I also assume it is a key feature of the game, but I see no reason to reveal my name right now), but im sure we'll find out their purpose eventually.

My thing is, why would you be so open about it rogue? And that simulpost seems iffy to me. especially when I made the even/odd thing to try and mask our roles a bit, why would you spell it out like that?

unvote

Mandatory Vote: Rogue

please explain.

For the record, I'm not sure just what zach's role is. He may be an even doc or something. Who knows, best not to reveal right now.
[i][color=red]"He looks like the type of guy who can marathon write no matter his alignment without looking scummy at all." -Xtoxm[/color][/i]
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:09 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I understand what you were trying to do now.

I don't understand why Rogue came out and flat out said we were cops... unless he wanted a confirmation on that.

Unvote : Magnus
Vote: Rogue

Will be interesting to see what his explanation is.
UnofficialRulerOfEveryone
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:10 am

Post by UnofficialRulerOfEveryone »

Vote Count
With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch!

Isacc - 1 (don_johnson)
magnus_orion - 1 (tyhess)
McNuke - 1 (Isacc)
Percy - 1 (McNuke)
tyhess - 1 (magnus_orion)
Lindisfarne - 2 (Rogue Shenanigans, Nikelaos)
Rogue Shenanigans - 2 (Zachrulez, Lindisfarne)

Not Voting

PsychoSniper, Percy, & Beyond_Birthday

EDIT: Added in Zach's vote due to simul-post.
Last edited by UnofficialRulerOfEveryone on Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Show
I OWN PANTS!

I am URoE! Ruler of all things stupid!

Town: 1 - 4
Scum: 1 - 2

I suck.

[01:53:40] <@Phayt> ATTENTION DUELISTS
[01:53:51] <@Phayt> i'd just like to express derision and amusement that someone considers uroe to be a good player
Rogue Shenanigans
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:18 am

Post by Rogue Shenanigans »

We had two simulposts in that exchange. I will assume you mean the first one. As for wanting to spell it out... I say it as pretty obvious... your trap was not well placed to the point of you even taking the bait out too soon (i.e basicly explaining it was a trap).

It was a strange gambit to say the least. Lots to talk about though. Also, while I admit that this turn of events gives you both lots of townie brownies, I am hesitant to rule either of you totally out of the scum eqn.

Also, do you feel semi confirming two people was worth putting both of them both at serious scumrisk? If either of you die tonight we lose days of investigations.
Lindisfarne
Lindisfarne
Goon
Lindisfarne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:27 am

Post by Lindisfarne »

negative. we lose one day of investigations, assuming we are both killed. we only work each other night. Also, Zach isn't confirmed as a cop, he could be another role. And I'd prefer if he didn't specify which role.

And yes, I think it was worth it. To me, the only thing better than having a guaranteed townie, is lynching a scum. a cop can claim someone is innocent, but who knows if that cop is sane or not, or if that cop is actually a scum? No one knows for sure. And the way my role works, is random, the way it's wordded is that I don't get to chose if I want to investigate the name, alignment, or both. Name seems worthless at this point, and if I get both, only one is guaranteed sane. Coupled with the fact I only work on odd nights, it's a pretty crappy cop role.

You were the one I was most curious about, between you and psycho. I only had psycho involved because he came off as neutral to me, and was rather talkative. But I will say, it wasn't the best planned thing, moreo f a spur of the moment thing really, but I figured that in a game this size, there wouldn't be three cops for town, and I assumed the other cop was like me, but only even. I was hoping I might be able to catch scum, but in the end, I have one less suspect on my list, so I'm happy.
[i][color=red]"He looks like the type of guy who can marathon write no matter his alignment without looking scummy at all." -Xtoxm[/color][/i]
Rogue Shenanigans
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:37 am

Fair enough. Your own way of going about this was towny and I accept your reasons for what you did.

I also find it strange that we have said more in the last couple pages than in the "wall of text" wars that came before. Learn your lessons people!
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:04 am

Post by magnus_orion »

Well, I said I thought Rouge was scum.
I want a claim from him :D
unvote
vote Rouge
Show
Why, yes, I do exist simply to make your life a living hell.
Win-Loss
Town: 10-3
Scum: 5-2
Serial Killer: 0-2
Rogue Shenanigans
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:20 am

magnus_orion wrote:Well, I said I thought Rouge was scum.
I want a claim from him :D
unvote
vote Rouge
Ill take such sass from Zach and Lind as I did accidently step on thier toes a bit, in a way I see only as minor however. This however strikes me as a bit opportunistic nonsence.

unvote
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:25 am

Post by magnus_orion »

I said I thought you were scum prior to what LF did, thus my vote is not opportunistic.
I want the claim. I'm not saying I demand it, or that it would help you in any way. I'm willing to wait until you have no choice, and I'm willing to ignore it if you don't reach that point. But I still think you're scum, especially comparing your activity now with your activity a little while ago.
Show
Win-Loss
Lindisfarne
Lindisfarne
Goon
Lindisfarne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:26 am

Post by Lindisfarne »

Magnus's vote does seem kinda odd, to be truthful about it. I'm still fairly comfortable with my vote on Rogue, and when I get the time (leaving work soon) I will interrogate him a bit further, but Magnus's vote is kinda oppurtunistic. I also don't see why Rogue should claim now.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:27 am

Post by magnus_orion »

I said I thought you were scum prior to what LF did, thus my vote is not opportunistic.
I want the claim. I'm not saying I demand it, or that it would help you in any way. I'm willing to wait until you have no choice, and I'm willing to ignore it if you don't reach that point. But I still think you're scum, especially comparing your activity now with your activity a little while ago.
Show
Win-Loss
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:32 am

Post by magnus_orion »

oops I think i posted that twice due to crappy internet...
Show
Win-Loss
Lindisfarne
Lindisfarne
Goon
Lindisfarne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:40 am

Post by Lindisfarne »

I would like to ask everyone to post their top two people they believe to be scum, and their top two people they believe to be town.

You don't have to, of course, but it's something I'm interersted to see.
Rogue Shenanigans
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:41 am

magnus_orion wrote: By the way, LF, I don't know what it is, but I get the feeling Rouge is scum, probably because of his semi-lurking feel, which is what I've seen scum do in response to my fabricated dichotomizing of the game the last time I managed to do it. But that was a different site with a forced night-fall. Well, we'll see how it turns out.
FOS: Rouge
(this is not taking into consideration anything he says while I'm typing this post)
I missed this post, to be honest all I have done is skim over the giant posts and will go back to them later. I am lazy. I will address this post now since its came up.

1) Your "feeling" was clearly nothing to the point of you not even voting me over some one that you " haven't called [Tyhess] scum once.
2) As for my "semi lurking" I just didnt feel like adding to all the massive posts that were saying nothing. Once I was getting clear question directed at me I soon brightened up. If I was scum I would have lurked even more and used phsyco's answers as a human shield.

No more fishing for my claim magnus, your not getting it. <3

But whatever. Looking forward to my interview with lindy :)
Rogue Shenanigans
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:44 am

Top 2 Scum.

Magus. (Not seeing his cases against me.) Its small I know.

Thy ( Got pretty overdefensive) Again its small.

Top 2 town.

Lindy and Zach (Read the last couple pages)
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:54 am

Post by magnus_orion »

I just think your scum and based on what we've seen so far, and my own role, I think its difficult for mafia to false claim. So I want a claim from my top suspect.
as for
1. I wanted to see what you're reaction was and after that I wanted to see the resaults of what LF was doing. 2. Not feeling like it is anti-town. And your using wifom for defense.

In truth, I also found suspicious how you dove on Tyhess for being jumpy. I didn't think he was scum, and I still am uncertain about him, so at a point when I thought he was town your vote seemed like an opportunistic move to me. The fact that I am uncertain about him now is moot, since the info that made me uncertain wasn't available at that time so he should have appeared more towny. I should have appeared more scummy to townies.

Lindis:
Scum:
Rouge
(I'm not sure who else.)

Town:
Lindis
Zach
magnus :D

and after them
Issac

Everyone else is sorta null in my eyes.
Show
Win-Loss
Rogue Shenanigans
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:05 am

Please point out the post where I "dove on" Tyh. In the post in which I voted for him for being jumpy I specifically said that it was "not a strong tell".

While in your vote on me you specifically called me scum and asked me to claim. Spot the difference.

You are misrepresenting the severity of my attack on thy.

vote:magnus
as its the best place for it right now.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:07 am

Post by magnus_orion »

Sorry... dove is just a word I use in place of vote.
I'm not saying it was severe, I'm saying it was scummy.
Show
Win-Loss
Rogue Shenanigans
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:26 am

To be scummy such a thing would have to be severe. At that stage in procedings nothing much was happening and thy really was the scummiest looking person. It was a vote to get rid of my random one.

It also came only a few posts after you FOSed him albeit for a light reason.

Calling a vote that was light to begin with and the first on the wagon "opportunistic" is clearly misrepresenting it no matter how you dress it up.

I also dont like your backtracking in your last post there, "dove on" is not a word you would use instead of vote willy nilly you would use it if you were using its connotations with severity. Which is what you did.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:34 am

Post by magnus_orion »

Oh well, say what you like. Until you say something that makes me believe you're town, I going to believe you're scum.
Show
Win-Loss
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:41 am

Post by Isacc »

Haven't read everything (or really much), but since soo much is happening at the particular moment, and I will be gone for pretty much the whole night, I'm posting to say I won't be able to respond, post, or make comments until some time tomorrow.
Nikelaos
Nikelaos
Townie
Nikelaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:15 pm

Post by Nikelaos »

unvote

I was inclined to believe LF was town after reading his earlier posts, and I am almost certain after that whole even/odd altercation, which in turn would confirm zach as well. It seems too elaborate and thought out for them to organize as scum, but you can't discount that possibility. Still, I'm going to believe the two as of right now.

In regards to LF asking for top 2 town and scum...

Town:
LF
Zach (both for obvious reasons)
And Isaac as well

Scum:
Rogue
No one else in particular, but if you needed a name, Ty

In any case, I'll also have to
Vote: Rogue
. He has become extremely defensive after these accusations, and his initial interpretation of Zach and LF's roles seemed extremely unnecessary. With little else to go on, he seems by far the most scummy of anyone here. He needs to give a valid explanation of his actions so far.
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:56 pm

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

Hm...

*pulls out knife, cuts wrist, lets blood flow slowly into a glass of black coffee that is only filled halfway.*

So then...
Lin: Very risky. Still, I don't understand why Magnus replied...that intrigues me...

As for Zach, he is potentially clear, just like Lind. The lack of information on them that is more definite prevents me from being a 100% certain that they are not partnered scum, or (and god forbid) one of them isn't scum. That would be exceptionally interesting.

Now then, Lind is definitely getting brownie points for the gambit, and when compared with the mess that is otherwise, they are both my #1 townies, aside from my above listed skepticism.

Magnus' recent buddying up to Lind (hey, Lind, not sure if you noticed that or not, but he's been closer to you than the grass on earth) makes him on my scum list immediately following

Rogue, my number 1 scum suspect. I am just going to cite page 7/8 as my reasons, which should be fine.

Hm... I am gonna wait on others to post their lists to go on, but since my last post, a considerable bit more has happened...just...not much to conclude from it... (As it seems to be the whole Lind thing.)

Also, note to self: hm... Where's psycho?)
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

Why I replied? Since you're intrigued:
I don't know, I just didn't want to be unhelpful to a potentially pro-town move.

Once again, if it turned out anti-town we could've always lynched LF. :P

By the way, BB, how did you cut your wrist and then let blood flow slowly out? Wouldn't cutting those arteries cause blood to be squirting out? :?
Show
Win-Loss

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”