don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:32 pm

Post by don_johnson »

tyhess wrote:
don_johnson wrote:
tyhess wrote:EBWOP

Don: For like the 1 billionth time, EVERYONE HAS A POWER ROLE.
not sure what your point is. i know this.
You continue to say that you don't want to out power roles. It doesn't matter if you out power roles. If you have actual reasons for someone being a power role, then post it.
If you out one, and we lower our suspects list from 12 to 11, that helps us make the right lynch.
Who cares if he gets nightkilled because you figured out his power role. We have probably at least 7 more power roles right behind him. I would rather out one and help our lynch percentage than to protect one of about 8.

And I think everyone wants to know what this trump card is.
The only thing I can think off is by saying your the odd role. And, honestly, I wouldn't believe that at this point any ways. So come out with it. Hiding that kind of info is antitown.

%%Vote:DON

And why does it seem like everything you ask me a question, and I reply, that you completely ignore it? The one exception is the one about everyone having a power role.
sorry, any questions you have i would be glad to answer. in fact. go ahead and post a list of what i have not answered, k? so its fine to out power roles? then whats yours?

also, i bolded another really stupid comment. i am not an odd/even role. you want my trump card. of course you do. why don't we just mass claim, hm?

every power role we out that isn't a doctor narows down the field of who might be. both cops are useless if mafia has a roleblocker. don't you think a reporter might be someone you want to keep alive?

by the way, i italicized the worst logic. roles are not confirmed except by death. there are other ways of narrowing down the field than by everyone claiming. the fact is that someone is going to be lieing.

but seriuously, if
It doesn't matter if you out power roles.
what's yours?

*checks cellphone, fixes hair*
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by Isacc »

yes, show me your case. you never made one. you used the ensuing events to springboard into your latest round of accusations.
I did make one. Here it was, in post 401:
As for my case, post 357 gives the best explanation of the strongest case I can make, based on connections they've made with other players. However, it's super weak and I think they are not good targets, especially in lieu of what has happened recently. Here, I'll quote it to see.
I do think that the most could be learned from lynching them, because I feel they've made the most connections to others.

However, I am not going to name exactly what those connections are just so that the people in question can begin their distancing. That would just warn any potential scum of my suspicions, which would be plain stupid.

There. I thought they had made a lot of connections with others (except I think I take back Magnus: Beyond_Birthday pointed out a good point that he really had made so many random associations that he wouldn't give a good read, which made sense).

Alright so your next comment...
really, better choices than 2/3 of your alleged "scumgroup"? do tell.
Zach was my better choice than you or rogue. Duh...
yes that is absolutely wrong. i have no way of knowing if you are town. if you say"i am town". it can only be true to me upon your death. if i say "i am town". it is fact because i know it to be the truth and it is provable upon my death. i never said "unvote me because you'd be intentionally lynching town." that was you.
Yes, but you said an accusation against you was false because you were town.
don_johnson wrote:
isacc wrote:Post 358, after you and Zach started acting suspicious, I pointed out that I felt more validated. Sorry, but it's been you guys all along.
you have no way of proving why you felt validated. ^^ this IS wifom. it is unprovable, even upon your death. sorry.
Alright, you clearly don't know what WIFOM means. I mean I understand that you have to believe me to believe this, so it's not super strong evidence, but it isn't WIFOM, because it is logical that it came after I found you and Zach doing suspicious things. There is a slight logical connection: thus not all outcomes are equally likely, as in a WIFOM situation.

Whether or not something is provable at death is irrelevant to WIFOM. I mean look at the NAME. Wine in front of me: the case it comes from would be proven after the person drank the wine, would it not? So your whole "It's provable on death," stuff has no relevance.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Why are you explaining Isacc's logic for him?

Hell, why have you never even addressed my case against Isacc?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:38 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

The post above is in response to Tyhess by the way.
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:40 pm

Post by Isacc »

Zachrulez wrote:
Isacc wrote:@B_B: About which one I think best to lynch, I'd have to say Zach first. My fear is this.

If Don is lynched, and turns scum, then Zach can hide behind "Well, he was just a scum buddying up to a townie." I don't want to give a scum an out like that, so best to lynch Zach first (basically why my vote is on him).

Also, since it seems very likely at this point that no one will claim odd for Zach (and he tried so hard to show that it wouldn't prove anything), I think that may have been a false statement, which would make him seem very scummy. Only time will tell on that one though.

Also, just because I don't want someone lynched with votes that are unrelated...

Psycho and Rogue: IMPORTANT MESSAGE:

Please, even if you don't have time to make a full post, Unvote Zach until you have reasoned through what has happened recently. I don't want your votes to contribute to a lynch, when they are completely unrelated to whether Zach is actually scummy or not. Also, at the time it seemed like you meant them as pressure votes, rather than lynch votes, so I would hate to have your pressure votes turned into a lynch without your consent.

If somehow Zach reaches L-1 without Psycho and Rogue reaffirming reasons for their votes, I promise to unvote Zach until they have confirmed they want him lynched.
You talk about WIFOM, but I'll be damned if you aren't using it here on the odd/even against me.

If you really think I'm scum... why the hell do you want people to unvote me? I would think you would take a lynch on me however you can get it.

As for your promise to unvote, I again don't understand why you want people unvoting me... or even to unvote yourself if you really think you're on something with me. Why do you need people's consent to watch to lynch me?

Doesn't make any sense to me.
It makes perfect sense. I don't want a lynch based on me taking advantage of other people's votes. They weren't voting to lynch, I am, therefore I don't want town to cause lynches they didn't want, as that would be taking advantage of them, and anti-town.

I am not going to allow a lynch without an actual majority of the town supporting it. It'd be no different than to force a lynch through some means. It's anti-town, inherently.

Also, the even/odd thing isn't WIFOM at all. If there is no odd, I don't buy your claim of even. Very simple, not at all WIFOM.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:42 pm

Post by tyhess »

I'll go back at some point and get them.

What does knowing your trump card have anything to do with a mass claim? If it has to doing with your role then it doesn't matter. Actually, Give me a second. I might have something on you (don't worry it might be good:))

If we have 2 cops, a doctor, and a reporter far out way what a scum with a roleblock and a kill can do in one night. What I think is more important is if we can clear people at this point. Nobody can clear themselves, obviously, so if you think you have something then I think it's protown to out it in a game with all power roles.

Like I said, I'll b back in a minute.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:47 pm

Post by don_johnson »

ty: your logic is fuzzy. why are you not claiming? you said yourself that it can only benefit town.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
McNuke
McNuke
Townie
McNuke
Townie
Townie

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by McNuke »

I think Isacc's scum group idea is not that bad, it is thought out and has fairly logical connections between everyone especially for day one. Zach and Rouge were already my top two on my list and a theory that ties them together would naturally sound good to me as long as it made sense. The third member that I am not sure of is don, but my suspicion of him has been growing in the last few pages. His post about being town because he knows he is town is downright wifom, and then him backing it seems suspicious. I am not saying that this theory is perfect, but it seems to have some merit to it.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:49 pm

Post by tyhess »

YOU CAN NOT CLEAR YOURSELF. IF YOU HAVE INFO ON OTHER PEOPLE, MAYBE.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:52 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Isacc wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:
Isacc wrote:@B_B: About which one I think best to lynch, I'd have to say Zach first. My fear is this.

If Don is lynched, and turns scum, then Zach can hide behind "Well, he was just a scum buddying up to a townie." I don't want to give a scum an out like that, so best to lynch Zach first (basically why my vote is on him).

Also, since it seems very likely at this point that no one will claim odd for Zach (and he tried so hard to show that it wouldn't prove anything), I think that may have been a false statement, which would make him seem very scummy. Only time will tell on that one though.

Also, just because I don't want someone lynched with votes that are unrelated...

Psycho and Rogue: IMPORTANT MESSAGE:

Please, even if you don't have time to make a full post, Unvote Zach until you have reasoned through what has happened recently. I don't want your votes to contribute to a lynch, when they are completely unrelated to whether Zach is actually scummy or not. Also, at the time it seemed like you meant them as pressure votes, rather than lynch votes, so I would hate to have your pressure votes turned into a lynch without your consent.

If somehow Zach reaches L-1 without Psycho and Rogue reaffirming reasons for their votes, I promise to unvote Zach until they have confirmed they want him lynched.
You talk about WIFOM, but I'll be damned if you aren't using it here on the odd/even against me.

If you really think I'm scum... why the hell do you want people to unvote me? I would think you would take a lynch on me however you can get it.

As for your promise to unvote, I again don't understand why you want people unvoting me... or even to unvote yourself if you really think you're on something with me. Why do you need people's consent to watch to lynch me?

Doesn't make any sense to me.
It makes perfect sense. I don't want a lynch based on me taking advantage of other people's votes. They weren't voting to lynch, I am, therefore I don't want town to cause lynches they didn't want, as that would be taking advantage of them, and anti-town.

I am not going to allow a lynch without an actual majority of the town supporting it. It'd be no different than to force a lynch through some means. It's anti-town, inherently.

Also, the even/odd thing isn't WIFOM at all. If there is no odd, I don't buy your claim of even. Very simple, not at all WIFOM.
Just because there is no odd claim doesn't mean there's no odd.

Just because I have an even role, doesn't mean there's a similar odd role. Your entire reason for rejecting my claim is based on assumption with no evidence to back it up.

That's a big hole in your logic.

Would you like me to claim my role for you so that you can take a more calculated shot at getting the doctor killed?

Also... if you're voting, you're supporting a lynch. If you don't want someone lynched, you shouldn't vote for them. It's not taking advantage of the town at all. If you don't want to support a lynch, either don't vote or unvote.

By the way... just because it's fun... I will quote this again.
isacc wrote:
I am not going to allow
a lynch without an actual majority of the town supporting it.
I am not going to allow... haha. You act like you have control over whether or not the rest of the town decides to lynch me or not.

Why is it that having control over the game is so important to you?
Nikelaos
Nikelaos
Townie
Nikelaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:55 pm

Post by Nikelaos »

magnus_orion wrote:First off, I see the same connections, the only thing stopping me from agreeing with issac is that if we assume that the people issac accuses are town than the lurkers are scum.
While I'll admit to not having posted anywhere near as much as some people; this is entirely ridiculous. You claim I've been severely lurking, but I've posted once a day I think, and just because that's all I have time for doesn't automatically make me scum. Ever notice Rogue has essentially posted nothing since the pressure fell of of him? LF, though we obviously shouldn't lynch him considering his claim and whatnot, hasn't posted in an extremely long time. While BB's posts are significantly longer than mine, I'm pretty sure I've posted more than him, just not in exceedingly long posts which I don't have enough time for. I have no idea why I've been specifically targeted for lurking, because Percy is the only one who really hasn't posted anything. Plus, there's the obvious fact that lurkers can't be linked in any way besides lurking, so grouping them together is a bit ridiculous. I'm just pointing these facts out because your logic on that front is extremely flawed.
don wrote:
rogue wrote:If you are trying to break open the setup of a game on page 6 then good luck. I refuse to answer untill you explain your position better or you are confirmed.

This press conference is over.

this, to me, looks like someone breadcrumbing reporter. i could be totally wrong and i didn't want to draw attention to that fact, but i think isacc is scum so i see this as worth it.
Then why is there such insistence on the point? Every time you need to defend rogue, you make reference to
this point
? It's quite the stretch to conclude from that that rogue is a reporter. Aside from that, in this game, a reporter would be worthless. Now, I'm basing this off of what I read on the wiki, but the reporter finds out if someone has performed a night action. In a game where everyone has power roles, a good portion of the townies will be taking a night action as well as scum. There's little to gain from a reporter finding out a player took a night action when more than 50% of the time he'll find townies taking night actions. I just don't think the role would be likely in this game.

I'm also waiting on LF for his gambit thing today.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

tyhess wrote:YOU CAN NOT CLEAR YOURSELF. IF YOU HAVE INFO ON OTHER PEOPLE, MAYBE.
Yeah... it's not scummy to not be cleared.

Basically it's no different then being at the start of the game and not knowing whether or not I am town or scum.

The funny thing is that the case against me is being argued based on this doubt.

It just makes me laugh... and feel frustrated at the same time.

Nevermind reason...
Let's lynch Zach because he can't be cleared!

Why don't I turn this around on you and Isacc? Where are your claims? Who's cleared you?

... No one.
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by Isacc »

Just because there is no odd claim doesn't mean there's no odd.

Just because I have an even role, doesn't mean there's a similar odd role. Your entire reason for rejecting my claim is based on assumption with no evidence to back it up.
Did I say there was no odd? I only said I thought it was unlikely at this point.

Also, there is evidence to back up what you claim is an "assumption." There is already one pair, which makes it more likely that things are paired.
Also... if you're voting, you're supporting a lynch. If you don't want someone lynched, you shouldn't vote for them. It's not taking advantage of the town at all. If you don't want to support a lynch, either don't vote or unvote.

I do want them lynched, but I want them lynched on fair game. It
is
taking advantage of the town, because what if the other people
don't want them lynched.
Then they would end up lynch-voting someone they didn't want.

All I ask is that they clarify that they want their votes to remain, because it's been a looong time since they voted (or posted).
I am not going to allow... haha. You act like you have control over whether or not the rest of the town decides to lynch me or not.

An entirely irrelevant point. I don't know why you even posted this, since it said absolutely nothing of value.

Even if I did want control, it'd be so that scum like you don't fool us into lynching town. So basically, this random little comment you made was just an attack made in anger, about nothing.
Nikelaos
Nikelaos
Townie
Nikelaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:02 pm

Post by Nikelaos »

Well that's what I get for eating dinner midway through my post. I don't think all the posts in between invalidated mine. And I don't understand why people are accepting this reporter reasoning I feel is a bit out there.

I don't know about Zach, he seemed town a while ago, but his logic has become very flawed, I don't know how to deal with him, but I'm not sure lynching him is the answer.
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by Isacc »

Zachrulez wrote:
tyhess wrote:YOU CAN NOT CLEAR YOURSELF. IF YOU HAVE INFO ON OTHER PEOPLE, MAYBE.

Basically it's no different then being at the start of the game and not knowing whether or not I am town or scum.

The funny thing is that the case against me is being argued based on this doubt.

Nevermind reason...

Why don't I turn this around on you and Isacc? Where are your claims? Who's cleared you?

... No one.
More bullshit. The case on you has absolutely nothing to do with the lack of an odd claim.

However, this is
severe strawman
. You are trying to distract people from the REAL case with this all you want.
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by Isacc »

EBWOP: not absolutely. That's included, however, the vast majority of stuff is non-odd claim based.
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:06 pm

Post by don_johnson »

Nikelaos wrote:
don wrote:
rogue wrote:If you are trying to break open the setup of a game on page 6 then good luck. I refuse to answer untill you explain your position better or you are confirmed.

This press conference is over.

this, to me, looks like someone breadcrumbing reporter. i could be totally wrong and i didn't want to draw attention to that fact, but i think isacc is scum so i see this as worth it.
Then why is there such insistence on the point?
Every time you need to defend rogue, you make reference to
this point
? It's quite the stretch to conclude from that that rogue is a reporter. Aside from that, in this game, a reporter would be worthless. Now, I'm basing this off of what I read on the wiki, but the reporter finds out if someone has performed a night action. In a game where everyone has power roles, a good portion of the townies will be taking a night action as well as scum. There's little to gain from a reporter finding out a player took a night action when more than 50% of the time he'll find townies taking night actions. I just don't think the role would be likely in this game.
insistence? i simply voiced my opinion that i thoght rogue to be town. i was then assailed by several people to quantify that OPINION which i tried to explain without alerting mafia to the fact that rogue might be an investigative role. useless? you mean like an every other day sometimes insane cop? its not a stretch if you are familiar with "breadcrumbing". i could be wrong. rogue may not be what i think he is, but this was MY reason for not pressing him on day 1.

ty: your logic= outing power roles is good for town; everyone has a power role; thus outing everyone=good for town; you are a part of everyone; thus outing ty= good for town; therefore:

what is your role?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Isacc wrote:
Did I say there was no odd? I only said I thought it was unlikely at this point.

Also, there is evidence to back up what you claim is an "assumption." There is already one pair, which makes it more likely that things are paired.
Wait... you don't think there's another odd? But you just said there's already one pair, which makes it more likely that things are paired.

So which is it? Is there only one pair? Or are there many? You can't argue this both ways to convieniently make me look like scum...

Isacc wrote:I do want them lynched, but I want them lynched on fair game. It
is
taking advantage of the town, because what if the other people
don't want them lynched.
Then they would end up lynch-voting someone they didn't want.

All I ask is that they clarify that they want their votes to remain, because it's been a looong time since they voted (or posted).
It's not your place as a player to babysit other people's votes. Let them decide whether or not they want to keep their votes or take them off... several people have had no problem doing this up to this point.
Isacc wrote:

An entirely irrelevant point. I don't know why you even posted this, since it said absolutely nothing of value.

Even if I did want control,
it'd be so that scum like you don't fool us into lynching town.
So basically, this random little comment you made was just an attack made in anger, about nothing.
Uh... what? How is lynching me going to fool anyone into lynching town? I'm scum right? Or am I? You don't seem very certain. I'm the target of the bandwagon that you're telling people to unvote on. How can I convince people to accidentally lynch me? That's just retarded.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:16 pm

Post by tyhess »

%%Unvote

based on some META

Honestly, I think at this point, we wait until we hear from linde. After that, if nothing come from it, I honestly believe that a mass claim is in order. This is not what I believed at the beginning when everyone thought that's what I was saying, but given some other things, I think it might be important that we do so.

Here's the reason's why. If there are good counter arguments, I'll withdraw the argument.

1) There's something to make me believe, that, based on certain META, that Don has a certain power role. If we did decide on a mass claim, I would want him to claim first.

2) We already have 2 people basically cleared as cops.

3) I should be able to confirm one person. However, I would like to wait until someone claimed a certain role before confirming someone one way or the other.

4) We can officially put to rest the even/odd issue.

5) This may also make it, if the scum really do have a role blocker, from being able to use it on the cops.

I feel like we could semi-confirm atleast 5 people. That puts us at about 50% shot at hitting scum, depending on how many are there.

Let's say that we can semi-confirm 5 people. That leaves 7, with probably at most 4 scum. We investigate 1 or 2 depending on claims at night, get a result on the 2. Now were down to 4 semi-confirmed people, with 3 of 4 people being the possible scum based on the investigations. Game over.

Again, this may be a horrible idea. If everybody else agrees that it is, I will rescind my request.
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by Isacc »

Wait... you don't think there's another odd? But you just said there's already one pair, which makes it more likely that things are paired.

So which is it? Is there only one pair? Or are there many? You can't argue this both ways to convieniently make me look like scum...
LMAO talk about a twisting of words. I don't think there is another odd, because I THINK YOU ARE LYING. I am not arguing both ways at all, this is a total lie, and it's more obvious than grass is green.
It's not your place as a player to babysit other people's votes. Let them decide whether or not they want to keep their votes or take them off... several people have had no problem doing this up to this point.
Again twisting words. I AM letting them decide. I am asking them TO DECIDE. That's my whole point. I want them to
actually
decide if they want you lynched, before you get lynched...
Uh... what? How is lynching me going to fool anyone into lynching town? I'm scum right? Or am I? You don't seem very certain. I'm the target of the bandwagon that you're telling people to unvote on. How can I convince people to accidentally lynch me? That's just retarded.
Wow your entire post was nonsense, wasn't it. Did you even think about what you wrote? I don't know whether to call this misrep, or bad logic, because it literally makes NO SENSE. I didn't AT ALL say what you just said.

I said that I would want control so that the scum can't convince others to lynch town. I want to lynch scum. Scum want to lynch town. Therefore, if I didn't have control, scum might be able to convince people to lynch town.

The whole last post of you was a big load of bullshit and nonsense.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Isacc wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:

Nevermind reason...

... No one.
More bullshit. The case on you has absolutely nothing to do with the lack of an odd claim.

However, this is
severe strawman
. You are trying to distract people from the REAL case with this all you want.
Bullshit? Distract from your case? You have no case.

But you think I'm trying to distract from it? Whatever, here's your "case"
Isacc wrote:
I don't believe my argument is dismantled.
Oh dear, I'm sorry. I guess since you believe it, it must not be dismantled!
My problem is based on the fact that he believes information can be gained from people's deaths.

What kind of information?

We should not be lynching to gain information, we should be lynching to kill scum.
Duh, which I never denied or disagreed with. Also, what if the information is
who the scum are
? Then a lynch that provided info would
lead
to a scum lynch.
Mainly that it lacked any reasons for suspecting anyone beyond the fact that you believed we could gain information from people's deaths.
Which is why I DIDN'T WANT THEM LYNCHED.

Look, it doesn't matter if I have no reason for suspecting someone, when I am not trying to get them lynched. Let's just say for a second I suspect McNuke still because I feel like it. Does it matter? No, because I am not voting him, attacking him, or getting him lynched, so my "suspicions" have no effect on the game.
Of course his post was never meant to represent that he thought it was a good lynch! My representation was more to the concern of a subtle suggestion of wanting to gain information from someone's death if he's scum as opposed to actively making a case on someone. I'm reading into possible subtlety here.

Surely you can see the possibility of what he could be trying to do in that post if he's scum.
More WIFOM like before. Any post can be re-interpreted as if it was actually scum trying to suggest things.
And frankly he does seem really bothered by it. I can't understand why he's blown up such a minor FOS and minor speculation over such a serious concern... unless he really DOES have something to hide.
Yes, I am bothered by misrepresentation. Seems like a logical thing to be.
It seems silly to say that in response to a post that wants a top 3 list of suspects... preferably with evidence and good reasons why... not because you think information could be gained from their deaths.
Not really. First, I have explained why information is helpful to town.
Second, he asked my top 3: just because my case is weak against them doesn't mean it still isn't stronger than against other people. I explained this in the other post that I still haven't seen you stop ignoring.
The whole idea of stating that seems silly to me anyway. Wouldn't it be better to remind the town of the information we gained from a lynch after the fact... to help point out the fact that the lynch actually wasn't pointless at all (In response to someone who might feel that it was.)... saying it before we actually decide on a lynch does bother me a little.
Why in all hell would I do that? So that you can call me out for backpedaling and get me lynched for lynching someone else? I don't think I want to hand anyone an easy reason to mislynch me.

Stating arguments ahead of time proves you aren't making things up. If you don't state your arguments first, you can end up fabricating evidence later, which would help the scum out. Thus, the pro-town thing to do is to make my case before I have to backpedal later.
It doesn't prove anything and I never said you should be strung up for it. I just felt it was a little bit suspicious
Oh really? A little bit suspicious? Let's check your original accusation.
You seem to be speaking in a sense to dissociate yourself from any lynch that might end up going bad... as if you're almost certain that the person we lynch ISN'T going to flip scum.

I don't like it... I don't like it at all.
Hmm...doesn't really seem like "a little bit." Seems pretty strong.

So now it seems like you are trying to slowly backpedal off of an argument that you can't win. If you really "don't believe [your] argument is dismantled" then why are you backing down in the strength of your suspicion?
This has been such an annoying distraction.
Yes, I am sure it's annoying when I start figuring out how scummy you are.
By the way, not all bad arguments or logic are necessarily scummy. Some come from misinterpretation of posts, tunnel vision, or just reading too much into what someone said.
Wrong. If you are town, you draw conclusions in an honest manner. Therefore, if you were town you should be able to either A) Prove your point, or B) Cede honestly that you were wrong. However, you did neither of these.

If you are scum, however, you have to often try and make scumtells out of things that town do, therefore you sometimes have to intentionally misinterpret, tunnel, or read farther than makes sense. Thus, these things can often be scumtells.
maybe I lucked out and got it perfectly right.
Why did you "luck out?" Didn't you actually believe in your own argument? If you were "lucky" that would suggest that you were taking a gamble, which would further suggest that you were grabbing at straws in your FOS against me. Kinda scummy to make arguments that will only work if you are "lucky."
But I'm not going to wuss out of being suspicious of it just because you attacked my logic, because that's exactly what you want me to do if you are scum.
Well, I already showed that you backed down somewhat in your suspicion, so a little contradictory here.

Also, I pointed out that if I attacked your logic and proved you were wrong (which you have yet to disprove), then it would be pro-town to back down. Otherwise, you are casting suspicion on something you
know
is false. Sticking to your guns when you are wrong is stupid.

I was only suspicious of you based on your FOS. However, your defense has gotten more and more scummy. So I think this warrants a
%% Vote: ZACHRULEZ

My case:

1. Misrep.
2. WIFOM.
3. Straw man argumentation (see Magnus's post)
4. Contradiction in his "level of suspicion"
5. Lot's of really weak logic

I may have a little more proof floating about, but I don't feel like I've fully analyzed it yet. Yeah, that sentence may be confusing, so ask if you don't understand it lol.
Isacc wrote:EBWOP: Add this to my case:

6. Still ignoring the points I made in one of my posts.
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:22 pm

Post by Isacc »

tyhess wrote:
%%Unvote

based on some META

Honestly, I think at this point, we wait until we hear from linde. After that, if nothing come from it, I honestly believe that a mass claim is in order. This is not what I believed at the beginning when everyone thought that's what I was saying, but given some other things, I think it might be important that we do so.

Here's the reason's why. If there are good counter arguments, I'll withdraw the argument.

1) There's something to make me believe, that, based on certain META, that Don has a certain power role. If we did decide on a mass claim, I would want him to claim first.

3) I should be able to confirm one person. However, I would like to wait until someone claimed a certain role before confirming someone one way or the other.

5) This may also make it, if the scum really do have a role blocker, from being able to use it on the cops.

I feel like we could semi-confirm atleast 5 people. That puts us at about 50% shot at hitting scum, depending on how many are there.

Let's say that we can semi-confirm 5 people. That leaves 7, with probably at most 4 scum. We investigate 1 or 2 depending on claims at night, get a result on the 2. Now were down to 4 semi-confirmed people, with 3 of 4 people being the possible scum based on the investigations. Game over.

Again, this may be a horrible idea. If everybody else agrees that it is, I will rescind my request.
I don't like this idea. I see what you are trying to do, but I think there's too much a chance of scum lying about their roles, and us believing them. I'm still in favor of a lynch before any sort of major gamebreaks.
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by Isacc »

Zach wrote:Bullshit? Distract from your case? You have no case.
Repeat yourself all you want. Doesn't make it truth.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by tyhess »

Isacc wrote:
tyhess wrote:
%%Unvote

based on some META

I don't like this idea. I see what you are trying to do, but I think there's too much a chance of scum lying about their roles, and us believing them. I'm still in favor of a lynch before any sort of major gamebreaks.
But even if they lie, we should have 4 confirmed at least, and possibly a 5th depending on don's answer. Even if people lie, or Don has trying to set us up to lie, we'll have the cops etc to do investigating. We'll either be able to get a nightkill of our own or have at least 1 investigation.

Another thing I think we should do if we do this is have everyone list their top 3 scum. 5 points to number 1, 3 to #2, 1 to the last. We reveal based on the highest number going first, after Don.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:33 pm

Post by don_johnson »

the cops are even day/odd day sometimes insane. according to their own admission. everyone was pressing me to explain why i thought rogue was town. now ty thinks i am town but won't explain?

ty: why don't you just claim? by your own logic it would help town, so why not? why must someone else go first?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”