Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:54 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

It seems we are back online.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:17 pm

Post by killa seven »

Im here.. the site was down for a few days..
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:53 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Narsis wrote:wait a minute...

Mod: Can we send only one more person to the prison tonight? If so, how will the three people in there be paired up?

just for absolute defenite confirmation. i hate grey areas.
I think Machiavellian-Mafia means that your sends will be the same as they were. If you had voted to send someone who died (i.e. Freeko), then that send-vote is reset.

I'm still in favor of Plan 3. Ortolan and DrippingGoofball are my selections for second town pairing.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:53 pm

Post by ortolan »

I still like Plan 3, but whichever plan you want just vote for your townies now so they'll go in. We can decide after we've got this second pair in whether the last pair is going to be scum or town.

Also I didn't actually notice Freeko's flipped non vanilla at the time. That ability might explain why he seemed to act in such a vote-baiting way, so that he could get some belated OMGUS-style revenge on whoever he find scummiest.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:53 pm

Post by ortolan »

found*
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:07 am

Post by Empking »

Stop mentioning plan 3. We did not pick plan 3. Stop moaning about it.
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:39 am

Post by Moratorium »

Mod: Could we get a sendcount?
Men's evil manners live in brass; their virtues we write in water.
solorpg
solorpg
Goon
solorpg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:10 am

Post by solorpg »

Empking wrote:Stop mentioning plan 3. We did not pick plan 3. Stop moaning about it.
No plan has a majority of voters, nor, according to my last count, have enough people actually expressed an advocacy for a plan in order for any plan to have a majority. Also, the people who suggested Plan 1 now cannot have their plan realized and should express a preference between the remaining plans. If we're making the parallel to lynch votes, your argument would be the same as calling for people to stop making cases on people other than the person with the most votes.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:52 am

Post by Empking »

This isn't lynch votes though. Its a vote that was needed for the game to progress.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:20 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

I'm confused by the mod's responses.
We must embrace the pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
zachattack
zachattack
Goon
zachattack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:49 am

Post by zachattack »

Empking, we still haven't decided on a plan. It's been a while since we've tallied the votes, but Plan 3 does have support, not as much as Plan 2, but it's close. Besides, a lot of people have yet to say which plan they prefer. I think the people who are voting for Plan 2 are being overly cautious and Plan 3 is much better, and I'm not willing to let it go unless we reach a solid majority on Plan 2.
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:20 am

Post by Narsis »

i don't know. there's just to many ways for the scum to either get away or slow the town down with plan 3. if the third pair is scum:scum, then they'll just go no:no and take two DK's and use them asap, and probably on the people in the town with DK's. if the third pair is scum:town, then hopefully the townie says yes and goes with 100%, but i doubt the scum would go 100% as well if he wanted to survive at all/have a chance to mess with us. if the third pair is town:town, then we lose two townies.

the only way to get scum with plan 3 is to use the DK's after, or get lucky with a scum:townie pair. an extra invesitgation and kill would go a lot farther then the randomness and possibility of failure of plan 3.
Record:
Town: 1W/3L

Mafia: 1W/0L

Other: 0W/0L
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:38 pm

Post by Plum »

Hm.
Unsend, Send DrippingGoofball
. Possible it's a scum power, but the death of Stepho makes it a whole lot less likely. I only have one send out, and whether we're going with plan 2 or 3 (to be honest, the flips of Freeko and Ecto make me feel less comfortable with the assumption that town will likely manage to send a pair with even one scum. ). I think in theory I could hammer myself into Prison now - no wait, I'm pretty sure that you need both potential prisoners at 11 (wasn't it?) votes simultaneously to lock it in. In any case, as we don't seem close to a partner to go with me, assuming it'll be me, I'll leave it to more discussion?
Abstract Actuary
Abstract Actuary
Goon
Abstract Actuary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:21 pm

Post by Abstract Actuary »

Plum wrote:Hm.
Unsend, Send DrippingGoofball
. Possible it's a scum power, but the death of Stepho makes it a whole lot less likely. I only have one send out, and whether we're going with plan 2 or 3 (to be honest, the flips of Freeko and Ecto make me feel less comfortable with the assumption that town will likely manage to send a pair with even one scum. ). I think in theory I could hammer myself into Prison now - no wait, I'm pretty sure that you need both potential prisoners at 11 (wasn't it?) votes simultaneously to lock it in. In any case, as we don't seem close to a partner to go with me, assuming it'll be me, I'll leave it to more discussion?
This goes back to the unofficial votes but wouldn't you rather be able to participate in the discussion through the end of the day? Get a major say in who the third pair is? Even if you want to go to prison this time, I would anticipate that you would also want to be able to continue contributing?

I think we should decide on both of the remaining two pairs through discussion from now until the end of the day. We can unofficially agree that it will be Plum and DrippingGoofball (would be my picks, too) but let's not send them until we all decide, together, on the third pair as well.

Am I missing a counterargument to this? Other than to possibly make it easier to keep track of?
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by Moratorium »

AA, I think the idea is sound, but might be difficult to keep track of "sends" intended for pair 2 and other "sends" intended for pair 3.

If this is something we want to pursue, we could try using an unofficial command, like "
3rdpair-send: whoever
" and "
3rdpair-unsend: whoever
".

Might be more trouble than its worth, but there you go, a potential solution.
Men's evil manners live in brass; their virtues we write in water.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:35 pm

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

Prison Count #7

9 - Plum (zachattack, Empking, CounselWolf, Narsis, ortolan, Percy, solorpg, RossWilliam, Moratorium)
4 - DrippingGoofball (Moratorium, zachattack, Narsis, Plum)
4 - Percy (solorpg, RossWilliam, ortolan, The Central Scrutinizer)

1 - ortolan (Kublai Khan)
1 - Narsis (Empking)
1 - Albert B. Rampage (Percy)

Not Yet Voted:

Seraphim (2)
DrippingGoofball (2)
Albert B. Rampage (2)
doctor no (2)
Plum (1)
hp [leaves] (2)
Kublai Khan (1)
killa seven (2)
CounselWolf (1)
Abstract Atuary (2)
Vel-Rahn Koon (2)
The Central Scrutinizer (1)

Remember the majority is 11 and the deadline is 3:00PM EST, Feb. 2nd

Narsis wrote:Mod: Can we send only one more person to the prison tonight? If so, how will the three people in there be paired up?
There can still be up to 2 more pairs today.
The end justifies the means.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:47 pm

Post by ortolan »

Unsend: Percy

Send: DrippingGoofball

I think DGB is likely to be town (although not guaranteed) for having that ability (she hasn't been counter-claimed), and I'm pretty indifferent between the top 6 or so townie players anyway.

Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:00 pm

Post by Percy »

I called out Steph for being a lurker, because she wasn't saying anything. I called out many people, actually. Was I bussing half the players in the game, or only the one that flipped scum? :roll:

Goofball sent freeko and Ecto because they seemed the scummiest to both her and enough of the town. We lost two townies. Her random sending of Steph was a fluke. Why do people still think we should be sending scum when there are far better alternatives?

I believe Goofball to be town, but I think we should concentrate on the info gathering now. With freeko and Ecto gone, let's try and send townies to get info first, yes? We really, really shouldn't be risking townies lives again today. Let's get 4 Investigates and 2 DKs, get information and start scumhunting rather than going off our guts today.

Normally, lynching someone on day 1 is not going to get you mafia, but it will get you information on who contributed to the wagon and why. In this game, we're generating the same sort of information on day 1 (through who thinks who is town, planvoting etc), but we don't need to risk a townie death. We'll get
even more
info tomorrow when the
four
investigate results come through.
Plum wrote:to be honest, the flips of Freeko and Ecto make me feel less comfortable with the assumption that town will likely manage to send a pair with even one scum.
QFT.
Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Moratorium wrote:DG, was this one-shot?
I'd like to keep the scum guessing.
I don't like this question.
QFT. But your 'Most of us think 6 townies is a crap plan' is quite wrong.

Plan 2: Send the 6 towniest looking players to prison. Demand they both say "no". They then get
(A): 3 Investigates, 3 Daykills
(B): 4 Investigates, 2 Daykills
(C): 6 Investigates
(D): 6 Daykills
(E): 5 Investigates, 1 Daykill

Plan 3: Send 2 scummy and 4 towny looking players to prison. Scummy looking pair answer "yes", townie looking pairs say "no". Townies acquire
(A): 2 Investigates, 2 Daykills
(B): 3 Investigates, 1 Daykill
(C): 4 Investigates
(D): 4 Daykills

Plan Votecount

(10)
Plan 2 - Percy (B), hp[leaves], Counselwolf (B), Plum (B), Narsis (B), RossWilliam (E), doctor no (B), ortolan (B), Abstract Actuary (B), Moratorium
(4)
Plan 3 - Kublai, zach, Vel-Rahn Koon (2 scum 2 town only), The Central Scrutinizer

(6)
No Planvotes: Seraphim (being replaced), killa seven, solorpg (waiting until after two more townies are sent?), Empking (voting for end of day - perhaps in error), Albert, Goofball

Empking was voting plan 2. Considering mod clarification, it would not be ridiculous to assume that we're looking at a majority of people voting for plan 2.

We have 14 players currently saying "we should send another town pair", so let's get around to doing that, at least.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:05 pm

Post by ortolan »

Percy Post 392 wrote:
Plum wrote:to be honest, the flips of Freeko and Ecto make me feel less comfortable with the assumption that town will likely manage to send a pair with even one scum.
QFT.
I personally wasn't sure freeko was scum, and didn't think Ecto was at all, I don't agree with this point.

You've misrepresented the plan votecounts also, I favour Plan 3 and I've seen quite a lot of agreeance with it (I imagine ABR + probably others would agree with it also, which you haven't stated)

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:26 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I am voting plan 1. I'll continue to support it until we've voted for 5 people and its clear I'm not going to get what I want.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:14 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I'd like Plum and Percy to provide a list of who they suspect the most at the moment and why. Also, who they think is townie.

We need this before night.

I'll have a list ready, too.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:40 am

Post by Empking »

Unsend; Narsis

Send: DGB
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
solorpg
solorpg
Goon
solorpg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:25 am

Post by solorpg »

solorpg wrote:
Vote: Plan 3

My main reason is that if we do succeed in sending at least 1 scum to prison, we minimize the risk of scum making a huge hole in plans with anything that interferes with prison. I've already posted what we should take from any deviation from the yes/100 choice from the two people we send due to scumminess.
Quote edited to change formatting of plan vote. I think I've been pretty clear about the fact that I want Plan 3, with 2 more town players sent first. Given plan votes, I think that the next person to vote Plan 2 will close the discussion, though.
Abstract Actuary
Abstract Actuary
Goon
Abstract Actuary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:02 am

Post by Abstract Actuary »

ortolan wrote:
Unsend: Percy

Send: DrippingGoofball

I think DGB is likely to be town (although not guaranteed) for having that ability (she hasn't been counter-claimed), and I'm pretty indifferent between the top 6 or so townie players anyway.
Empking wrote:
Unsend; Narsis

Send: DGB
Did you guys read my post? If this moves along as planned in the next 20 posts Plum and DrippingGoofball will be sent into Prison for the night as a suspected town/town pair. At that point we will begin to make a final decision on which plan to go with and then which pair to send.

Why would we not want DrippingGoofball and Plum to be involved in that decision? Why would we not want their input?

I just see no pro-town reason to silence ANY two players earlier than necessary. Ever. Whether they are town or scum.

Empking's post especially irks me because it doesn't even add to the conversation, give reasons or comment on current issues. He is just simply unvoting and voting with the popular opinion.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:21 am

Post by Empking »

Its not early, until the final vote goes on they can still talk the same as they want.

We have made the final descision, we picked plan 2B. If we have a vig, they should be picking off anyone who tries to get the town to go with plan 3.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”