Gamma
Gamma
Goon
Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:22 am

Post by Gamma »

Korts wrote:This is not that kind of game, Gamma :)

Seriously, answer me properly.
I like to entertain all sorts of angles. Not to mention someone will consider it OMGUS to call out a player who is voting someone. It's human nature, a first instinct.
V/LA until I get a new computer
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:23 am

Post by Incognito »

Vote Count #6 of Day 1

Korts (1) <-~ popsofctown
Gamma (3) <-~ Netlava, ryan2754, GIEFF
ryan2754 (4) <-~ Badguy, Caboose, roflcopter, EsoMonty
popsofctown (1) <-~ BlakAdder

Not Voting (3) <-~ BSG, Gamma, Korts

With 12 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch!
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:23 am

Post by Korts »

Gamma wrote:Not to mention someone will consider it OMGUS to call out a player who is voting someone.
Give this sentence another go, please. I can't figure out what exactly this means...
scumchat never die
Gamma
Gamma
Goon
Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:24 am

Post by Gamma »

Korts wrote:
Gamma wrote:Not to mention someone will consider it OMGUS to call out a player who is voting someone.
Give this sentence another go, please. I can't figure out what exactly this means...
Listen harder.

If I made large and unsightly case against someone who had just voted me, would it not sound a little like revenge?
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:34 am

Post by Korts »

Gamma wrote:
Korts wrote:
Listen harder.

If I made large and unsightly case against someone who had just voted me, would it not sound a little like revenge?
OK, I thought that's what you wanted to say. But "someone" is a very general term; "call out a player who is voting someone" does not equal "call out a player who is voting someone on their wagon".

Either way, cases against someone who voted you aren't definitely OMGUS. If you make your reasons for suspicion clear, any accusation of OMGUS will be invalid. As long as your reasons make sense, of course.

(for simplicity's sake I'm not going to start arguing that OMGUS doesn't even exist in practice)
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:35 am

Post by Korts »

EBWOP: left a bit out...
Korts wrote:Either way, cases against someone who voted you aren't definitely OMGUS. If you make your reasons for suspicion clear, any accusation of OMGUS will be invalid. As long as your reasons make sense, of course.
Thus, since you were already supposedly preparing a case, pre-emptively defending yourself against any OMGUS accusation makes you look like you have motive to think you'll have to defend yourself and your case.
scumchat never die
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:51 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Sure Korts can start the claiming.

I just wanted to get it ironed out because i thought we were nearing a lynch
because i forgot i was in a 12 player game instead of 9

So, hypo claiming is decided and i can start scumhunting.

Korts has a point, it's a bit paranoid to talk about OMGUS before you make a case. It's a term that gets misused a lot, i'd rather not have a armchair discussion about attacks with OMGUS components...

I don't see why Ryan is getting so much flak right now. Can someone summarize? I don't have a handle on this game yet but i need to get my foot in the door on it.
I'm not liking Gamma's circle talking right now. Basic "confusing the town" behavior.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Gamma
Gamma
Goon
Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:07 pm

Post by Gamma »

What is confusing the town to you may seem like general logic to another person.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Gamma wrote:
Korts wrote:
Gamma wrote:
Korts wrote:
Gamma wrote:It will most likely get called out as OMGUS. that's fine with me.
Why pre-emptively defend OMGUS accusations? Are you deliberately making an OMGUS case?
Do you want it to be an OMGUS case?
Would you answer my question with something other than a question, please?
And if I don't?
To understate, this isn't productive material you're putting out Gamma
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:45 am

Post by Incognito »

magisterrain replaces Caboose effective immediately. Thanks, magisterrain!
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Gamma
Gamma
Goon
Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:54 am

Post by Gamma »

popsofctown wrote:
Gamma wrote:
Korts wrote:
Gamma wrote:
Korts wrote:
Gamma wrote:It will most likely get called out as OMGUS. that's fine with me.
Why pre-emptively defend OMGUS accusations? Are you deliberately making an OMGUS case?
Do you want it to be an OMGUS case?
Would you answer my question with something other than a question, please?
And if I don't?
To understate, this isn't productive material you're putting out Gamma
You're running around in circles tailing my posts.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:57 am

Post by GIEFF »

Stop quoting the whole posts. It's bad enough when you spam the thread, Gamma, but quoting the whole post like that for no reason makes it much harder to read back through the thread.

Your behavior doesn't make sense to me, Gamma. First you complain that there is no scumhunting going on, yet contribute almost nothing. When you finally start posting (only after being accused of lurking and accruing some votes), you make one scumhunt post, and then follow it up with inane meaningless posts that only serve to distract and confuse the town.
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:18 am

Post by magisterrain »

checking in. i'll try to have this read and comment by later today.
popsofctown: which makes me notice you have no sig. get one. you could do a quote.
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:26 am

Post by magisterrain »

oh,
unvote
for now
popsofctown: which makes me notice you have no sig. get one. you could do a quote.
Badguy
Badguy
Townie
Badguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:22 am

Post by Badguy »

Welcome, magisterrain. Thanks for replacing.
GIEFF wrote:Are you still happy with your vote of ryan?
No,
unvote: ryan2754
GIEFF wrote:You
still
haven't questioned rofl about his vote. Do you mean there are better targets than rofl, or better targets than you? Because you claimed that voting for ryan for no reason was suspicious, it is odd that you ignored this subsequent behavior by rofl, especially as it was the fourth vote for ryan rather than the second.
I still havn't questioned rofl on his vote because there is more scummy behavior going on right now that I plan to address today.
GIEFF wrote:The question remains, though; why do you think voting for "seemingly serious" reasons on day 1 is a scumtell? And if you don't think it is a scumtell, why did you use it to justify your vote?
It isn't much of a scum tell. I used it just to add to my first reason. All it would really prove is that ryan2754 is a new player not accustomed to random voting.
GIEFF wrote:I also agree that we should wait on the hypoclaims until we are much closer to a lynch.
Good idea.

@BlakAdder: I would like to hear more from you. You still have your vote on popsofctown from post 26. It was a joke vote. Do you still like where your vote is? Are you purposely not scumhunting or do you feel that there hasn't been enough said by anyone to question them? Finally, what do you think of Gamma?
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:30 am

Post by Korts »

Gamma is unhelpful to a painful extent. Add to that the pre-emptive defense of his case on ryan, and we have a scummyperson.

vote: Gamma
scumchat never die
Gamma
Gamma
Goon
Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:00 am

Post by Gamma »

Korts wrote:Gamma is unhelpful to a painful extent. Add to that the pre-emptive defense of his case on ryan, and we have a scummyperson.

Am I supposed to be scared?
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:30 am

Post by GIEFF »

Badguy wrote:
GIEFF wrote:The question remains, though; why do you think voting for "seemingly serious" reasons on day 1 is a scumtell? And if you don't think it is a scumtell, why did you use it to justify your vote?
It isn't much of a scum tell. I used it just to add to my first reason. All it would really prove is that ryan2754 is a new player not accustomed to random voting.
You "used it just to add to your first reason?" Why did you feel the need to add something as a reason if you don't believe it to be true? Only scum needs to fabricate false reasons for a vote.

Scum KNOW who is town and who isn't, so they don't need to scumhunt; what they do is pretend to scumhunt to blend in. This is an obvious point, but as far as I'm concerned, it is the best strategy to find scum; look for faulty reasoning explaining a vote, and that person is likely scum.

popsofctown wrote:So, hypo claiming is decided and i can start scumhunting.
This struck me as odd. Why did you feel the need to wait until the hypoclaiming was decided to start scumhunting? Have you noticed suspicious things and consciously waited to post them until the hypoclaiming is over, or do you mean that you just haven't noticed anything scummy yet?

Esomonty's recent behavior has been odd as well:

In post 106
EsoMonty wrote:
unvote

I am unsure of how I feel about ryan at the moment. I don't have a good idea on where to vote. So, I am going to stay unvoted at the moment. Allow myself the ability to reread the entire thread again and then come back to a vote.
Then in post post 132
EsoMonty wrote:here. Didn't mean to be a fence sitter. I got busy at work and was unable to review it. Then forgot, then site went down.

Ryan is all I got.

Vote: ryan2574
I don't think anybody accused you of fence-sitting. Why do you feel the need to vote if you "don't have a good idea" of where to do so? Why did you feel the need to unvote if you were just going to vote for the same person again later? Worrying more about how your vote is perceived than about actually voting for scum is quite scummy.

It's hard to judge who exactly is lurking based on the downtime, but Blakadder and rofl haven't posted much in a while. rofl, you last posted on Monday before the crash, and I'm still waiting for your reasoning behind your vote of ryan.

Blakadder's lurking has been far worse, though. Blakadder, you posted an "I'm here" after the crash, but nothing before that since last Friday (a week ago). And your posts before that were just about the hypoclaim; why haven't you done any scumhunting yet? I also echo BadGuy's above questions for you:
Badguy wrote:Do you still like where your vote is? Are you purposely not scumhunting or do you feel that there hasn't been enough said by anyone to question them? Finally, what do you think of Gamma?

Here is a summary of the voting history thus far; I've found it can be useful to analyze vote patterns in this way. A few things strike me as odd:
  • Netlava hasn't changed his vote or FOS'd anybody since his post 10 random vote for Gamma.
  • BlakAdder hasn't changed his vote or FOS'd anybody since his post 26 joke-vote for pops.
  • pops hasn't changed his vote or FOS's anybody since his post 64 joke-vote for Korts.
  • BSG hasn't voted or FOS'd at all.
Netlava's reasons for voting Gamma appear to be valid, so it is no longer really a random vote, but for BlakAdder, pops, and BSG: why haven't you voted or FOS'd anyone for non-joke reasons?

Votes by Character:

roflcopter

vote: korts, fos: caboose Post 6
unvote, vote: ryan Post 89

Netlava

Vote: Gamma Post 10

magisterrain

Vote: sekinj
(Posted as Caboose)
Post 14
Unvote Vote: Gamma
(Posted as Caboose)
Post 70
Unvote Vote: ryan2754
(Posted as Caboose)
Post 82
unvote Post 163

BlakAdder

vote: GIEFF Post 15
unvote, vote:popsofctown Post 26

ryan2754

Vote: GIEFF Post 16
Unvote , Vote: Gamma Post 71

Badguy

Vote Caboose. Post 18
Unvote, Vote Gamma. Post 23
Unvote, Vote ryan2754 Post 76
unvote: ryan2754 Post 164

Korts

vote: Netlava Post 20
unvote, vote: ryan Post 73
unvote Post 104
vote: Gamma Post 165

EsoMonty

vote: ryan2754 Post 21
unvote Post 106
Vote: ryan2574 Post 132

popsofctown

vote: Korts Post 22
Revote: Korts Post 64

GIEFF

FoS Gamma Post 55
Vote: Gamma, FOS Badguy Post 103

Gamma

fos ryan2754 Post 143

Votes by Chronology:

Post Number
Poster
Vote

Post 6
roflcopter
vote: korts fos: caboose
Post 10
Netlava
Vote: Gamma
Post 14
Caboose
Vote: sekinj
Post 15
BlakAdder
vote: GIEFF
Post 16
ryan2754
Vote: GIEFF
Post 18
Badguy
Vote Caboose.
Post 20
Korts
vote: Netlava
Post 21
EsoMonty
vote: ryan2754
Post 22
popsofctown
vote: Korts
Post 23
Badguy
Unvote, Vote Gamma.
Post 26
BlakAdder
unvote, vote:popsofctown
Post 55
GIEFF
FoS Gamma
Post 64
popsofctown
Revote: Korts
Post 70
Caboose
Post 71
ryan2754
Post 73
Korts
unvote, vote: ryan
Post 76
Badguy
Unvote, Vote ryan2754
Post 82
Caboose
Unvote Vote: ryan2754
Post 89
roflcopter
unvote, vote: ryan
Post 103
GIEFF
Vote: Gamma FOS Badguy
Post 104
Korts
unvote
Post 106
EsoMonty
unvote
Post 132
EsoMonty
Vote: ryan2574
Post 143
Gamma
fos ryan2754
Post 163
magisterrain
unvote
Post 164
Badguy
unvote: ryan2754
Post 165
Korts
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:34 am

Post by popsofctown »

He is being unhelpful, and you can call his pre-emptive OMGUS phobia a pre-strawman if you look at it another way (it looks horrible all the ways). I'd second the vote, but I want this day to last long enough for Hiders and Doctors to get good targets. I want to get fake targets i can be happy with on both, which could take a while since i'd need a lynch target, a second scummy person, and someone i think is town. That's a lot of work..

HoS: Gamma
Gamma, please play to whatever win condition you have and defend yourself.
"Well, I..."
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:42 am

Post by Korts »

Gamma wrote:
Korts wrote:Gamma is unhelpful to a painful extent. Add to that the pre-emptive defense of his case on ryan, and we have a scummyperson.

Am I supposed to be scared?
No, you're supposed to start helping the town again; one single post making a case on ryan does not make you exempt from any further efforts. But I guess an admission of anti-town intentions is good enough too.

And thank you, GIEFF, for the vote analysis. I think that's helpful. According to your records, Gamma hasn't voted anyone as of now, which seems to be further proof of his lack of enthusiasm in finding scum.

I endorse other people joining this wagon.
scumchat never die
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:42 am

Post by popsofctown »

ooh, simulposting.

I see why the quote would look weird GIEFF. TBH, i for some reason can't think about two things at once, so i didn't have any targets at all in mind. Up till the point of that statement i was working on getting a hypoclaim system down, and finally had to swtich gears and actually understand this thread. I think maybe GIEFF's posting maybe makes it hard to read, but for some reason this thread is hard, and stuff keeps going in one ear and out the other. I've tried rereading it but, it doesn't help much.
"Well, I..."
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by GIEFF »

Sorry if my posting is making the thread hard to read, pops; what can I do to make it easier to read?

I don't buy the "can't multitask" reason for not voting or scumhunting, pops. In the course of reading the thread, don't things naturally jump out at you as being scummy, or even just as being odd? Don't you see others' votes and ask yourself if you agree with their logic? Also, it looks like you are in three other games right now; is both scumhunting and discussing strategy in one game really more difficult than playing in four games at once? I'll ask again:
popsofctown wrote:Have you noticed suspicious things and consciously waited to post them until the hypoclaiming is over, or do you mean that you just haven't noticed anything scummy yet?

Also, if anybody sees any errors or omissions in the vote history, please let me know. It is automated, so mistakes are possible (especially if someone doesn't bold or misspells the words "vote"or "FOS").
Badguy
Badguy
Townie
Badguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:06 pm

Post by Badguy »

GIEFF wrote:Why did you feel the need to add something as a reason if you don't believe it to be true?
It seemed odd to me at first so I put it in there to add to ryan's strange behavior. Looking back now, yah, it doesn't really prove anything as I've said before.

Also, nice vote analysis.

I still right now just want to hear more from BlakAdder.

Gamma is #1 on my scum list right now for the "Am I supposed to be scared?" line and being very very anti-town.

Vote: Gamma

Replaced by Xtoxm. - Incog-Mod.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:15 pm

Post by Korts »

That's L-2. I don't think we should go any closer at this game state.

Gamma, you can claim if you wish.

Any further players who intend to vote Gamma, please, do not officially do it, just express your intent.
scumchat never die
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:48 pm

Post by popsofctown »

GIEFF wrote: I don't buy the "can't multitask" reason for not voting or scumhunting, pops. In the course of reading the thread, don't things naturally jump out at you as being scummy, or even just as being odd? Don't you see others' votes and ask yourself if you agree with their logic? Also, it looks like you are in three other games right now; is both scumhunting and discussing strategy in one game really more difficult than playing in four games at once? I'll ask again:
popsofctown wrote:Have you noticed suspicious things and consciously waited to post them until the hypoclaiming is over, or do you mean that you just haven't noticed anything scummy yet?

Alright, I'm not gonna lie. I'm more interested in my other games than this one right now, and i'm giving it less energy. As pennance, i'm gonna do a reread right after this post, RL time permitting.

I haven't noticed anything scummy yet, the second one.

I think the length of your posts is what makes this thread hard to read. I'm not sure whether it's bad for the town or good for the town... do what you can to clarify more than you clutterfy if you can.
Korts wrote: Any further players who intend to vote Gamma, please, do not officially do it, just express your intent.
I have my own convention for this, i'm trying to popularize it to wiki level fame!
Cupcake: Gamma

[deadpan]Although my vote on Korts is a dead serious correct application of Gambler's Fallacy [/deadpan]
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”