Gamma
Gamma
Goon
Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by Gamma »

Korts wrote:That's L-2. I don't think we should go any closer at this game state.

Gamma, you can claim if you wish.
I'm not going to. I know my rights.

Also, a cupcake? Yum <3333

also lol at badguy
V/LA until I get a new computer
Gamma
Gamma
Goon
Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:54 pm

Post by Gamma »

So.

6 players want my ass lynched.

Keep in mind we have all agreed to hypoclaim before we lynch.

So since it seems like I'm a dead man walking, let's start.

I hypoprotect Korts, hypohide behind roflcopter.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by GIEFF »

This is all kinds of bad.

First of all, I don't think we should decide on a lynch yet. We still have 14 days until the deadline, and there are a lot of unanswered questions, both from me and from others. The hypo-claiming shouldn't take more than 3-4 days, which gives us about 10 days to gather more evidence.

Secondly, I don't like the call for Gamma to claim so soon. Although I am voting for Gamma, I am NOT ready for him to be lynched; I want to hear more from others first. If Gamma claims before it's necessary, and he claims a power role, that is
horrible
for the town, whether it's true or false. If it's true, we will likely lose that power role tonight, and if it's false, we either have to out the true PR to disprove it, or a scum will get away with not being lynched.

Thirdly, your hypoclaim is mindboggling, Gamma. It makes no sense for the most suspicious person to start the hypoclaiming. But more importantly, if you think you're going to get lynched, why would you even bother to hypoclaim? Once we decide on a lynch (which I again don't think we have yet nor should yet), NOBODY should hypotarget that person, nor should that person hypotarget anyone else, right? This is the only way to satisfy the resolutions we agreed on earlier.

I will try to be as concise as possible, but I feel that the more discussion and information we have to come back and analyze on later days, the better. Do others besides pops find the lengths of my posts are making it difficult to follow the thread?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Reread post:

ooooh ok, on reread i'm getting more of an idea of what happened concerning ryan
Badguy wrote:
ryan2754 wrote:
Unvote

Vote: Gamma
as well
Unvote, Vote ryan2754
for voting for no reason and having a seemingly serious vote on page 1.
FoS: Badguy
. This is one of the strange=scum fallacies i see from scum a lot. I only read newbieness in ryan's first post, and a failure to read a timestamp. That aside, there's no reason provided here that a serious vote on page 1 helps the scum more than it helps the town.
"Voting for no reason" is valid, but the wording is disconcerting. He probably had reasoning, and it was probably similar to the post above it. What he means to say here is either "bandwagoning" or "bandwagoning without providing your own reasons".

I think this is my second scummiest player on the board right now.
EsoMonty wrote:here. Didn't mean to be a fence sitter. I got busy at work and was unable to review it. Then forgot, then site went down.

Ryan is all I got.

Vote: ryan2574
EsoMonty responds waay to easily to pressure. I personally am always uber skeptical of "fencesitting" tells, because to me it doesn't seem innate to the game. It's the informed minority against the uninformed majority... don't people who lack information have the most trouble making decisions?

Either way, EsoMonty seems overly concerned with his appearance. That's bad.

FoS: EsoMonty

FTR, someone DID accuse him of fencesitting GIEFF, Caboose did on page something.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by Incognito »

Vote Count #7 of Day 1

Korts (1) <-~ popsofctown
Gamma (5) <-~ Netlava, ryan2754, GIEFF, Korts, Badguy
ryan2754 (2) <-~ roflcopter, EsoMonty
popsofctown (1) <-~ BlakAdder

Not Voting (3) <-~ BSG, Gamma, magisterrain

With 12 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch!
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by popsofctown »

simulposting :)

GIEFF, i know you try to save claims for as long as you can, and usually i'm the one arguing to wait longer for claims, but Gamma is refusing to cooperate. If a player wants to be lynched like this, he can get it.

I think Gamma knows that Korts is supposed to hypo claim first, and the ten other reasons he shouldn't be hypoclaiming right now. He's not going to cooperate with us, at all.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by Netlava »

Gamma wrote:So, Netlava: what do you want to see out of me to feel good about placing your vote on me? What do you not want to see which would make you less safe about a gammawagon?
Anything that makes me think a person not scum.
Korts wrote:Net, Gamma hasn't posted between your last post and the one before. Why reiterate the suspicion against him?
I was pointing out that his most recent post was scummy in addition to his first post.
Gamma wrote:It will most likely get called out as OMGUS. that's fine with me.
This is strange. I would think that a person would not be fine with his case being called omgus if weren't actually omgus.
Gamma wrote:I hypoprotect Korts, hypohide behind roflcopter.
What's your reasoning behind hypoclaiming out of order?

---

Also, I hope to hear more from BlakAdder and ryan before a lynch occurs. I also prefer dice rolls over number of posts. Random =/= arbitrary, and using an arbitrary criteria still leaves the possibility of scum arranging the claims to their advantage.
Gamma
Gamma
Goon
Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:44 pm

Post by Gamma »

That I really,
really
could not be ased to hypoclaim in order? You're still fake claiming, let's not be shitting ourselves.

Also, I can see the reason behind most of the case against me
EXCEPT
the "misleading the town". This is speaking out of your mouth, and one person a town does not make. The town can handle themselves. If they're "distracted" from something because of some other post, they don't deserve to be scumhunting right now.

Besides that, it wouldn't make sense for me to claim because either way I'm 100% vanilla.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:04 pm

Post by Netlava »

Then why claim in the first place? Besides, hypoclaiming is important for the actual power roles.
Gamma
Gamma
Goon
Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:05 am

Post by Gamma »

It is not.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:24 am

Post by Korts »

Gamma wrote:It is not.
Any reasoning besides outright denial?
scumchat never die
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:41 am

Post by roflcopter »

i think we have enough information at this point to go ahead and start the hypoclaiming. how does everyone else feel about it?

and i agree with a gamma lynch
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:49 am

Post by popsofctown »

I think blakadder and possibly others have lurked this game too hard for us to start the hypoclaiming.
"Well, I..."
Gamma
Gamma
Goon
Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:05 am

Post by Gamma »

Korts wrote:
No.

This is not a scumlynch, as you all know and try to hide. You want to lynch me because I'm not doing a good job of mafia, am I right?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:20 am

Post by popsofctown »

This is a scumlynch. Korts made a legit point about the OMGUS statement, so you got more pressure. You're not reacting in a manner that indicates you are town.

It's never good to lynch townies just for playing poorly, but this is not one of those cases. You've been acting like scum.
"Well, I..."
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:39 am

Post by Korts »

Gamma wrote:
Korts wrote:
No.

This is not a scumlynch, as you all know and try to hide. You want to lynch me because I'm not doing a good job of mafia, am I right?
Yes, the whole world is out to get you. Quit whining and give some content--opinions, analyses, anything that would help town catch scum in your opinion.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:41 am

Post by Korts »

pops wrote:It's never good to lynch townies just for playing poorly, but this is not one of those cases. You've been acting like scum.
Ugh. Did you just call Gamma a townie?

unvote, vote: popsofctown
scumchat never die
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:52 am

Post by popsofctown »

No, i wasn't calling him a townie. Gamma was trying to construe his wagon's intetnions to be lynching someone they know to be a townie, as punishment for playing mafia poorly. I'm saying he's providing evidence that he's scum, not playing poorly as a townie. Howd you misread my post? That's what the whole thing's about.
"Well, I..."
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:52 am

Post by Korts »

Hurm. Somehow I read you to be implying that Gamma is a townie playing poorly; I must have skipped over the "never" part.

unvote, vote: Gamma
scumchat never die
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:05 am

Post by GIEFF »

I am still waiting on the following people for the following reasons (see my post 167):
  • BlakAdder to de-lurk and explain his lack of scumhunting and votes/FOS's.
  • BSG to explain her lack of votes/FOS's.
  • Badguy to respond to the posts about him.
  • EsoMonty to respond to the posts about him
  • rofl to explain why he voted for ryan.

And Gamma, why did you claim, especially after I said this was too soon for a claim, and after you said the following?
Gamma wrote:
Korts wrote:That's L-2. I don't think we should go any closer at this game state.

Gamma, you can claim if you wish.

I'm not going to. I know my rights.

Now that you've claimed, it becomes more anti-town for us to choose another target to lynch, because it increases our chances of outing a power role, and narrows down the nk for the scum.

roflcopter wrote: think we have enough information at this point to go ahead and start the hypoclaiming. how does everyone else feel about it?

and i agree with a gamma lynch
I'm not ready yet; I'm still waiting on the above points to be answered, one of them by you. We still have a lot of time before the deadline, and I see no reason to rush.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:12 am

Post by popsofctown »

GIEFF wrote: Now that you've claimed, it becomes more anti-town for us to choose another target to lynch, because it increases our chances of outing a power role, and narrows down the nk for the scum.
His claim has pushed his lynch to be pretty much a must. The scum already have enhanced NK selection due to the hypo claiming. The scum will know the three people that weren't hypo hide targetted by a town-aligned player, and probably not kill those people.
"Well, I..."
Gamma
Gamma
Goon
Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:45 pm

Post by Gamma »

lolwut
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:56 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'm not going to sure if that's an actual inquiry unless you put it in a sentence.
"Well, I..."
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by roflcopter »

gieff wrote:rofl to explain why he voted for ryan.
vaguely scummy vibe, but mostly shameless bandwagoning. didn´t really get as much of a response out of him as id hoped.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Gamma
Gamma
Goon
Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by Gamma »

Here's my defense:

I really don't give a shit about hypoclaiming, hypohiding, hypo-anything right now. When I got my role pm the first thing I thought was, "time to hunt some mafia". I really could care less about the lynch party today, because let's face it- even if I die, there are still townies left in this game. I am not worried about my personal e-wellbeing in this game just because i see my name in boldfont next to VOTE.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, that's about it. Take that for what you will. I'm done making sense and yelling at a brick wall.

Let's start lynching some scum.

unvote

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”