Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by popsofctown »

He's still given no new case, or even a reitieration of his other case. He's apparently trying to claim his scummy behavior was induced by the hypo-claim discussion?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:43 pm

Post by magisterrain »

ok, ive read through the whole thing. it took a little longer than i expected because of having other obligations yesterday/today and because of the hypo claim discussion, which i had never encountered before and had to try to wrap my head around.

ok, so despite gamma being pretty anti town, i dont necessarily read him as being scum. unfortunately he is probably the best chance for a lynch at this point if he is not a power role. however, i think we ignore him for the moment and focus on the hypoclaiming and scumhunting for as long as possible.

i hope black adder posts soon. i also would like to see esomonty post something to refute the growing case on him. he was far too jumpy about the fencesitting.

as i read i also got a weird vibe from netlava and gieff, but i dont know if it means anything.
gieff just struck me as being TOO town. also, i didnt like his nitpicking with badguy. badguy warranted suspision but the constant back and forth just made it seem like gieff was trying to get bad reasoning out of someone and then call that person scum based on bad reasoning. townies have bad reasoning all the time, despite what some will say.

netlava's analysis seemed sparse and almost as if he wanted to post just enough to avoid lurking, but nothing more.

anyway, thats all ihave for now.
popsofctown: which makes me notice you have no sig. get one. you could do a quote.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by popsofctown »

i think there's some discussion in mafia discussion about whether someone can be too town or not.

At any rate, i think you would need meta-confirmation before voting someone for being too town.

Is that your cat in the sig?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by popsofctown »

EBWOP: avatar

which makes me notice you have no sig. get one. you could do a quote.
"Well, I..."
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:35 pm

Post by magisterrain »

happy now? and no, that isnt my cat.
popsofctown: which makes me notice you have no sig. get one. you could do a quote.
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:37 pm

Post by magisterrain »

oops. happy
now
?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:05 pm

Post by popsofctown »

yes, very happy.

If you manage to live very long at all, i'll probably say something more noteworthy about you.

What's your avatar a picture of?
"Well, I..."
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:31 am

Post by Korts »

popsofctown wrote:He's still given no new case, or even a reitieration of his other case. He's apparently trying to claim his scummy behavior was induced by the hypo-claim discussion?
Why talk about Gamma in the third person? It makes you seem more intent upon convincing the town of Gamma's guilt than finding scum.
scumchat never die
Gamma
Gamma
Goon
Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:33 am

Post by Gamma »

popsofctown wrote:He's still given no new case, or even a reitieration of his other case. He's apparently trying to claim his scummy behavior was induced by the hypo-claim discussion?
No, I am not. If you are going to put words in my mouth, try harder.
V/LA until I get a new computer
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:29 am

Post by popsofctown »

i used a question mark because i wasn't sure.

@Korts: i think a better interpetation of my third person usage is that i'm more intent on convincing the town of Gamma's guilt then I am of trying to have any sort of dialog with gamma. He answers questions with questions and posts crap like lolwut.

I put a question mark on my interpretation of his post because i'm not sure what he's saying, and welcome being corrected.
"Well, I..."
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:41 am

Post by Korts »

Gamma, who are your suspects, and why? Please make a comprehensive list of suspicions when you have the time.
scumchat never die
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:48 am

Post by Incognito »

Prods going out to BlakAdder, BSG, and ryan2754.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:05 pm

Post by GIEFF »

Thanks for the prods, Incognito.

magisterrain wrote: gieff just struck me as being TOO town. also, i didnt like his nitpicking with badguy. badguy warranted suspision but the constant back and forth just made it seem like gieff was trying to get bad reasoning out of someone and then call that person scum based on bad reasoning. townies have bad reasoning all the time, despite what some will say.
I like to press as much as possible on things I find that may be scummy. Not only does it provide opportunities for people to mess up or crack under pressure, but it's interesting to see who comes to the defense of the person I'm questioning, and who piles on. This sort of information is invaluable on later days once we start knowing people's alignments and roles after lynches and NK's. Who defended scum? Who piled on innocents? Which people did known scum attack? Which people did known scum defend? Answers to these questions become vital in the later stages of the game.

BlakAdder said the following on the 8th, in his most recent post:
BlakAdder wrote:Still here. Nothing to say at the moment.
His post prior to this was on the 2nd, six days before that. So in the last 9 days, he has posted exactly once, and simply to say "I'm still here." This is very scummy.

Unvote

Vote: BlakAdder

When you pick up your prod, BA, please answer the following question:
Badguy wrote:Do you still like where your vote is? Are you purposely not scumhunting or do you feel that there hasn't been enough said by anyone to question them? Finally, what do you think of Gamma?
I also find it suspicious that ryan has disappeared since the wagon built so quickly on him, and would still like to hear from EsoMonty and BSG.
Korts wrote:Gamma, who are your suspects, and why? Please make a comprehensive list of suspicions when you have the time.
Yes, please do, Gamma. This is very important, whether you end up getting lynched today or not. The fact that you have STILL not done so, after repeated requests from others and your claim that your main goal is scumhunting is very scummy.

Also there is no need for you to be so antagonistic. Voting with emotion and anger instead of logic and reasoning is anti-town, and when you act so antagonistic, you push everyone more towards the former than the latter.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:06 pm

Post by Incognito »

Vote Count #8 of Day 1

Korts (1) <-~ popsofctown
Gamma (4) <-~ Netlava, ryan2754, Badguy, Korts
ryan2754 (2) <-~ roflcopter, EsoMonty
popsofctown (1) <-~ BlakAdder
BlakAdder (1) <-~ GIEFF

Not Voting (3) <-~ BSG, Gamma, magisterrain

With 12 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch!
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
BlakAdder
BlakAdder
Goon
BlakAdder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by BlakAdder »

Sorry, I kinda lost track of this game after the site crash. I'll post a summary ASAP.

Replaced by camn. - Incog-Mod.
Game Record (W-L-T)
Town: 1-2-1
Mafia: 1-2-0
Third-party: 1-0-0
ryan2754
ryan2754
Goon
ryan2754
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:40 pm

Post by ryan2754 »

GIEFF wrote: I like to press as much as possible on things I find that may be scummy. Not only does it provide opportunities for people to mess up or crack under pressure, but it's interesting to see who comes to the defense of the person I'm questioning, and who piles on. This sort of information is invaluable on later days once we start knowing people's alignments and roles after lynches and NK's. Who defended scum? Who piled on innocents? Which people did known scum attack? Which people did known scum defend? Answers to these questions become vital in the later stages of the game.

Also there is no need for you to be so antagonistic. Voting with emotion and anger instead of logic and reasoning is anti-town, and when you act so antagonistic, you push everyone more towards the former than the latter.

I agree with both of these statements. Those are some of the best things to look at when playing in game, and the more and more rounds go on, the moee hard evidence (voting, style, etc.) that's revealed.
Antagonism is an interesting ploy in this game. Some cits draw out anger when they are being voting against, as do scum. Also, anger also comes in the form of retaliatory votes, and can be done by scum and town. However, he is right in saying that either way, it's Anti-town.

Nothing has become to scummy to me outside of Gamma's behavior.
Show
Town: 3-4*
Scum: 2-1
SK: 0-1
Unlynched.
"Noone can deny that the Ryan, from now on known as "Bullseye", accomplished an amazing feat. Nightkilling 2 mafia roles on the first 2 nights. He deserves to win." - Alexhans, Mini 829, Town Loss
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:05 pm

Post by roflcopter »

i suddenly remember why ryan was a good lynch
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:49 pm

Post by magisterrain »

and why is that roflcopter?
i kinda just get the impression that he is still trying to wrap his head around how to play mafia here.
whatever happened to hypo claims?

@gieff: I agree with you when you say this kind of information is invaluable later on in the game, but it is so to both mafia and town. Not that that means we shouldnt try to get that information out there, just saying. You seem to be one of the more savvy players in this game, which to me means your strong pro town play is not indicative of whether you are town or mafia unfortunately.

im not too keen on black adder at the moment b/c of his minimal posting. im very interested to see what he posts next.

im getting an angry town vibe from gamma, so id like to see whether he can actually assist the town in his next post or two.

eso's posts are only slightly better than black adders, so i'd like to see what he posts next as well.

hey pops, you said:
@Korts: i think a better interpetation of my third person usage is that i'm more intent on convincing the town of Gamma's guilt then I am of trying to have any sort of dialog with gamma. He answers questions with questions and posts crap like lolwut.

isn't that what korts was accusing you of? why are you so intent on convincing us of gamma's guilt? you can be disgusted with his playstyle, but you shouldnt try to prove he is guilty b/c of that, simply because that does not necessarily mean he is guilty. do you
know
he is guilty?

Replaced by Empking. - Incog-Mod.
Gamma
Gamma
Goon
Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:12 pm

Post by Gamma »

Korts wrote:Gamma, who are your suspects, and why? Please make a comprehensive list of suspicions when you have the time.
WELL GEE IF I WERENT AT L1 FOR MOST OF THE GAME I GUESS I COULD CONSIDER WHO'S BEEN PLAYING SCUM IN THIS GAME

Also, it seems to me like popsofctown is chasing around whoever's the sexy pick around here

if say, Korts were at l2 I could definitely see pops on the bandwagon bulldogging the down to lynch. But Korts is not at l2, so we'll never know. hroml.
Gamma
Gamma
Goon
Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:27 pm

Post by Gamma »

popsofctown wrote:
GIEFF wrote: I don't buy the "can't multitask" reason for not voting or scumhunting, pops. In the course of reading the thread, don't things naturally jump out at you as being scummy, or even just as being odd? Don't you see others' votes and ask yourself if you agree with their logic? Also, it looks like you are in three other games right now; is both scumhunting and discussing strategy in one game really more difficult than playing in four games at once? I'll ask again:
popsofctown wrote:Have you noticed suspicious things and consciously waited to post them until the hypoclaiming is over, or do you mean that you just haven't noticed anything scummy yet?

Alright, I'm not gonna lie. I'm more interested in my other games than this one right now, and i'm giving it less energy. As pennance, i'm gonna do a reread right after this post, RL time permitting.

I haven't noticed anything scummy yet, the second one.

I think the length of your posts is what makes this thread hard to read. I'm not sure whether it's bad for the town or good for the town... do what you can to clarify more than you clutterfy if you can.
Korts wrote: Any further players who intend to vote Gamma, please, do not officially do it, just express your intent.
I have my own convention for this, i'm trying to popularize it to wiki level fame!
Cupcake: Gamma

[deadpan]Although my vote on Korts is a dead serious correct application of Gambler's Fallacy [/deadpan]

as a further reference to what i was talking about in #219 (pre-emptive to seeing it twisting around (AND THIS IS A PRE-EMPTIVE TO PRE-EMPTIVE DEFENSES BEING SUSPICIOUS GET THAT IDEA OUT OF YOUR HEAD RIGHT NOW)).

do you see any reason to this vote? i don't, at all. great job of following people around like a puppy and making my job easier, pops

vote popsofctown
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:48 pm

Post by Netlava »

Unvote

I'm going to re-read.

I agree that ryan's last post is scummy.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:55 pm

Post by popsofctown »

popsofctown wrote: Korts has a point, it's a bit paranoid to talk about OMGUS before you make a case. It's a term that gets misused a lot, i'd rather not have a armchair discussion about attacks with OMGUS components...
popsofctown wrote:He is being unhelpful, and you can call his pre-emptive OMGUS phobia a pre-strawman if you look at it another way (it looks horrible all the ways). I'd second the vote, but I want this day to last long enough for Hiders and Doctors to get good targets.

HoS: Gamma
Gamma, please play to whatever win condition you have and defend yourself.

That's what was in the posts that came before the cupcake. I thought it was adequate enough to explain my vote.

@magisterrain: I want to convince everyone else that he's scum because i think he's scum. He's the day's best lynch.. I don't think he's angry town, i think he's scum playing angry town.
"Well, I..."
Gamma
Gamma
Goon
Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:49 am

Post by Gamma »

popsofctown wrote:
@magisterrain: I want to convince everyone else that he's scum because i think he's scum. He's the day's best lynch
for now
.. I don't think he's angry town, i think he's scum playing angry town.
fixed
EsoMonty
EsoMonty
Goon
EsoMonty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:54 am

Post by EsoMonty »

Caboose wrote:@GIEFF: I voted ryan because of his mistating the reason that I voted Gamma. I think that's opportunistic.
EM wrote:I am unsure of how I feel about ryan at the moment. I don't have a good idea on where to vote. So, I am going to stay unvoted at the moment. Allow myself the ability to reread the entire thread again and then come back to a vote.
^Fencesitting, +scumpoints

I'd like to know why Gamma is instructing NetLava to lead a lynch on him if he goes inactive.
This is the post where I am accused of being a fence sitter.

My original vote on ryan was during the random stage of voting. I did some looking before my 102 post trying to figure out exactly what was happening. I read a lot of people being questioned about the ryan bandwagon and decided that I probably should remove a random vote. When I returned and reviewed the thread again. I felt that ryan was scummy in his posts. I feel secure in my voting of Ryan at the moment and will be keeping my vote there.
[b][url=http://www.temple-of-lore.com/community/]Temple of Lore[/url] - Founding Player[/b]

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”