He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:37 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Empking's Alt wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:
GnKoichi wrote:Actually, Yosarian, it makes perfect sense. Scum will sometimes "misunderstand" something so that they can push a vote without a good reason.
I'm saying it dosn't make any sense in this context.

SC: I think the stratagy suggested by mafiaSSK is anti-town and scummy, vote ssk

Emp: You must be scum pretending to misunderstand ssk's comment!

Uh...what? SSK's comment was wrong stratigically, and arguably anti-town; I don't really think it's scummy, but Emp's attack on SC dosn't make any sense here. I know SC made some comment about how perhaps he misunderstood SSK or something, but I really don't think he did.
So you think SC was lying about misunderstanding SSK? Well me too. That's why I'm voting him.
He's attacking your attack on me, so for him to also yell at me for lying about misunderstanding MafiaSSK, which GnKoichi has talked much more about than I did, would be playing both sides of the fence.

Also, note the word "perhaps" in his statement. Yes, he goes on to say he doesn't think I misunderstood his statement. I can only interpret myself as misunderstanding MafiaSSK if there is a difference between wagoning and bandwagoning, so if there isn't, that would put me at the same stance of the issue as Yosarian2.

Once again, misunderstanding a statement ≠ scummy. I also see no evidence suggesting that I lied about doing so, and what little evidence there is that I misunderstood MafiaSSK in the first place, I have mentioned several times, including this post.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:47 am

Post by GnKoichi »

Coug, seriously, I already clarified that the wagoning vs bandwagoning issue is NOT what I accused you of misunderstanding. And NO ONE is voting you because of a misunderstanding. I had voted for you, and King is voting for you now, because we both believe that you DIDN'T misunderstand anything, but instead you are faking this lack of reading comprehension as a defense of your actions.

Please read post 116 to see what your original "misunderstanding" actually was. I find it hard to believe you still don't get this, which makes it easier to believe that this is an act. If it's not, if you're town, then you need to read A LOT more carefully, because this will eventually lead to us mislynching you.
---
No matter where you go, there you are.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:50 am

Post by roflcopter »

what part of information instead of analysis aren't you getting?
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:55 am

Post by GnKoichi »

Also, through King's quote of Yosarian, and Coug's continued lack of ability to understand anything that's going on, I finally caught on to the flaw in that quote. So, Yos & Coug: King was pointing out that Yos's series of paraphrases are incorrect. A better summary would have been:

SSK: I'm going to vote for Litral because he's admitted to wagoning. Wagoning is bad.

Coug: Sometimes a wagon is good, unless it's for no reason. Vote SSK.

SSK: I think Litral was wagoning for no reason.

Coug: I AM NOT WAGONING FOR NO REASON! I'M ATTACKING YOU FOR YOUR VIEWS ON WAGONING!

That last statement is almost a direct quote. It is Coug's original misunderstanding, and it's unbelievablity is the reason for both Mine & King's votes. That's why King said that if Yos doesn't believe it was an actual misunderstanding, he should actually agree with us, as that's what lead to the votes.

To Rofl: Another statement without any substance. I don't feel like responding to something that only furthers my opinion of you.
---
Penguins of the Serengeti
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:33 am

Post by Penguins of the Serengeti »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:Everything I've done so far has been rational. Not sane, necessarally, but rational.
If you are acting rationally, shall I assume that you did not read your role PM carefully?
[size=75][color=Brown][i][url=http://web-o-rama.net]Penguins in the Serengeti and in the Ngorongoro Crater have been studied continuously since the 60's hoping the birds will lead us to their secretive prey, the sand cod.[/url][/i][/color][/size]
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:38 am

Post by Natirasha »

Hey. Unvoting is required, kk.

Vote Count 1.2 wrote:Numberfourteen(0):
Penguins of the Serengeti(0):
Lowell(0):
Vino(0):
Head_Honcho(0):
Empking's Alt(3): numberfourteen, Litral, Yosarian2
tyhess(0):
orangepenguin(0):
Yosarian2(1): Vino
roflcopter(2): Lowell, gnKoichi
MafiaSSK(4): roflcopter, alvinz95, StrangerCoug, Penguins of the Sarengeti
crywolf20084(0):
StrangerCoug(2): tyhess, Empking's Alt
Litral(2): Head_Honcho, MafiaSSK
alvinz95(0):
GnKoichi(0):

To Lynch: 9
Deadline: February 16
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:45 am

Post by roflcopter »

whoever this penguins of the serengeti is, she's onto something
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:04 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

GnKoichi wrote:Also, through King's quote of Yosarian, and Coug's continued lack of ability to understand anything that's going on, I finally caught on to the flaw in that quote. So, Yos & Coug: King was pointing out that Yos's series of paraphrases are incorrect. A better summary would have been:

SSK: I'm going to vote for Litral because he's admitted to wagoning. Wagoning is bad.

Coug: I AM NOT WAGONING FOR NO REASON! I'M ATTACKING YOU FOR YOUR VIEWS ON WAGONING!

That last statement is almost a direct quote. It is Coug's original misunderstanding, and it's unbelievablity is the reason for both Mine & King's votes. That's why King said that if Yos doesn't believe it was an actual misunderstanding, he should actually agree with us, as that's what lead to the votes.
Though MafiaSSK addresses Litral about wagoning, it's not explicitly in the quote wall, so that would be a legitimate misunderstanding. That does not validate MafiaSSK's views on wagoning, however.

Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:07 am

Post by Litral »

What I would like to point out is that while misunderstanding once or twice is not a scumtell, doing it a lot implies "pretending to express opinions while actually not wanting to do so", which is a good scumtell. And StrangerCoug borders on that amount.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

@Rofl: How much analysis are you supposed to be able to get in 6 pages of game?
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:21 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Empking's Alt wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:
GnKoichi wrote:Actually, Yosarian, it makes perfect sense. Scum will sometimes "misunderstand" something so that they can push a vote without a good reason.

SC: I think the stratagy suggested by mafiaSSK is anti-town and scummy, vote ssk

Uh...what? SSK's comment was wrong stratigically, and arguably anti-town; I don't really think it's scummy, but Emp's attack on SC dosn't make any sense here. I know SC made some comment about how perhaps he misunderstood SSK or something, but I really don't think he did.
So you think SC was lying about misunderstanding SSK? Well me too. That's why I'm voting him.
He's attacking your attack on me, so for him to also yell at me for lying about misunderstanding MafiaSSK, which GnKoichi has talked much more about than I did, would be playing both sides of the fence.

Also, note the word "perhaps" in his statement. Yes, he goes on to say he doesn't think I misunderstood his statement. I can only interpret myself as misunderstanding MafiaSSK if there is a difference between wagoning and bandwagoning, so if there isn't, that would put me at the same stance of the issue as Yosarian2.

Once again, misunderstanding a statement ≠ scummy. I also see no evidence suggesting that I lied about doing so, and what little evidence there is that I misunderstood MafiaSSK in the first place, I have mentioned several times, including this post.
I'm getting a town-Coug vibes from this post.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:43 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Empking's Alt wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:

What?

No, really, what? I just said that I thought SC was, in fact, entierly correct in his understanding of SSK, and that his response to it was fairly rational. SC did say he may have misunderstood him, but it dosn't even make sense to think that might be a lie.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by GnKoichi »

Yosarian, in that case, please respond directly to my post #128 to show me where it "doesn't even make sense".
---
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:50 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

GnKoichi wrote:Also, through King's quote of Yosarian, and Coug's continued lack of ability to understand anything that's going on, I finally caught on to the flaw in that quote. So, Yos & Coug: King was pointing out that Yos's series of paraphrases are incorrect. A better summary would have been:

Ok, that makes a little more sense.

If that is what they both were trying to say, then suppose I misunderstood it as well. Especally since line #3 of your post wasn't at all what I read MafiaSSK's post as; he quoted SC's post, and said
I thought this wagoning for the sake of wagoning...
So I assumed that was directed at SC's vote on him. Which one did you mean, SSK?

Also, I really wish you wouldn't answer a question I direct at someone else. EmpKing's vote looked (and, frankly, still looks) kind of scummy to me, and his explinations for it weren't making any sense to me, so I voted him and asked for a reason.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:12 pm

Post by alvinz95 »

SC wrote:Something's weird here. I don't know whether to call this appealing to fear or sucking up to roflcopter, but whatever it is, it doesn't look right.
= BS overreating argument thats on a JOKE. How ironic.
Is back.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:30 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

alvinz95 wrote:
SC wrote:Something's weird here. I don't know whether to call this appealing to fear or sucking up to roflcopter, but whatever it is, it doesn't look right.
= BS overreating argument thats on a JOKE. How ironic.
My sense of humor has never been that good, OK?

Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:05 am

Post by Lowell »

I want to bandwagon someone, but I'm not seeing the case on mafiassk or SC.
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:07 am

Post by Vino »

I would love to get in on this discussion but it is moving very fast, has nothing to do with me, and seems to be between a group of people who have known each other for a while, so I have very little to contribute. Also this is my first large game and I've never played with so many people, so I'm having trouble sorting out who is who.

I don't know what to make of the SC/SSK misunderstanding because I don't even understand what "I thought this wagoning for the sake of wagoning..." is supposed to mean, it's not a valid English sentence.

Anyways, good time as any to
Unvote
my random vote.

Also re-reading the thread I must comment on this off-topic:
StrangerCoug wrote:
Litral wrote:I think anti-discussion is only a scummy mistake if it's intentional.
Mistakes are rarely intentionally made.
People can certainly do things intentionally that later turn out to be mistakes.
Show
[url=http://www.calamityfuse.com/]Calamity Fuse, a multiplayer FPS/RPG[/url]
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Total prods: 1
Replaced out: 0
Empking's Alt
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:11 am

Post by Empking's Alt »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Empking's Alt wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:

What?

No, really, what? I just said that I thought SC was, in fact, entierly correct in his understanding of SSK, and that his response to it was fairly rational. SC did say he may have misunderstood him, but it dosn't even make sense to think that might be a lie.
So you think that SC understood SSK.
AND
You think SC was not lying when he said he misunderstood?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:04 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Vino wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
Litral wrote:I think anti-discussion is only a scummy mistake if it's intentional.
Mistakes are rarely intentionally made.
People can certainly do things intentionally that later turn out to be mistakes.
That is very true.
Empking's Alt wrote:So you think that SC understood SSK.
AND
Unvote: MafiaSSK
and
vote: Empking's Alt
for strawmanning Yosarian2. I have said over and over again, and Yosarian2 has acknowledged, that I only believed myself to have misunderstood MafiaSSK if "bandwagoning" and "wagoning" are taken to be clearly distinct. It's clear that he believes there to be no difference between the two terms either and that I therefore understood MafiaSSK correctly. (I understand that the question now is to whom MafiaSSK was talking.)

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:12 am

Post by Empking »

How is it a strawman.
but it dosn't even make sense to think that might be a lie.
Clearly shows how he doesn't believe that he doesn't think you're lying.
I just said that I thought SC was, in fact, entierly correct in his understanding of SSK,
How can this be read any other way than that Y2 thinks you were entierly correct in your understanding of SSK?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:33 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Empking wrote:How is it a strawman.
This:
Yosarian2 wrote:I know SC made some comment about how perhaps he misunderstood SSK or something, but I really don't think he did.
I had already explicitly given a condition (that wagoning and bandwagonning are not the same) where, if applicable, would mean that I misunderstood MafiaSSK. Here he references that condition and then proceeds to deny its application. Remember that Litral was not yet brought up at this point.
Empking's Alt wrote:So you think that SC understood SSK.
AND
This reads as you presenting Yosarian2 as having contradicted himself, which I don't see. Yes, I now see where I misunderstood, but the misunderstanding involves Litral, who has little to do with what you're talking about. I
STILL
don't know the difference between wagoning and bandwagoning (assuming a difference exists in the first place), which is a prerequisite to your attack against Yosarian2 making an ounce of sense to me.
Empking wrote:
I just said that I thought SC was, in fact, entierly correct in his understanding of SSK,
How can this be read any other way than that Y2 thinks you were entierly correct in your understanding of SSK?
It can't :P That's part of my strawman argument.

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:03 am

Post by Empking »

Your stawman argument is that I'm saying what Yos2 meant instead of strawmanning?

How is it a strawman. (I note how you don't bother talking about, how I just wrote from information made from his last post. Showing how it wasn't a strawman.)
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:09 am

Post by Litral »

I know you guys keep mentioning me somehow, but I stopped reading the argument when people started talking about misunderstanding the misunderstanding of misunderstandings... Is there any question directed at me or my comments?

Lowell's opinion is exactly mine :P I got weak scum vibes from StrangerCoug earlier (because of all the strange misunderstandings and several rather pointless posts), but they have not amounted to anything.

So...
unvote, vote: Numberfourteen
. Hey. Speak up.
Empking's Alt
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:10 am

Post by Empking's Alt »

Sorry, Empking is me.