US Election 08 Mafia(Someone has won, has America lost?)

vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:56 pm

Post by vollkan »

Orto wrote:
voll wrote: Yes, but the obvious retort to your argument against giving reasons for finding people town is that, if you have good reasons for that conclusion, you might be able to dissuade a wagon on them. Sure, there is a risk of the person being scum, but that's like saying that you shouldn't give reasons for suspicion in case somebody is protown. As for the "buddy" point, it really depends on the reasons. If your reasons for finding him protown are good, then it won't matter if he is scum, because your conclusion was reasonable. In contrast, if your reasons are poor, that becomes more viable.

tl;dr version: Reasons for towniness should be given just the same as reasons for scumminess. Any argument for the latter also applies to the former.
I think we are talking at cross-purposes. I do not think it is good, out of the blue to simply say "someone is town". If there are bad arguments being presented against them, I think they should be shot down, and if they are under threat of lynch then other arguments may be brought in to show independently why they are pro-town. Trying to establish people's towniness can be unhelpful because 1) you may be defending scum and 2) it signposts who the scum might want to night-kill.

You might say "well it looks like Max is under threat of lynch here, so this is a case where you should be bringing those arguments in". I would say firstly that at the time when his votes accumulated I was not really following the game (this is the period when EmpTyger accused me of lurking), there was also no vote count for a long while. Secondly, I think it is wrong to assume that he will be a default lynch at this stage, as I still maintain the current reason(s) for voting for him are crappy.

But even in spite of this, as I just told magnus_orion, I have in fact put my thought process for why Max is town on the table ANYWAY. It is that his setup speculation is not scummy, and furthermore the fact that votes piled on him for something that wasn't really scummy in the first place also suggests he is town being wagoned by scum.
I don't think we are talking at cross-purposes. You've said you see Max as likely town, but when I posted that you hadn't really done any effort at justifying your position [see * below on this]

1) "You may be defending scum" - Yeah, but, as I said, this doesn't have any problem unless your reasons for defending them are themselves scummy. You may be helping scum; you may be helping town. I mean, there is a risk that, when one makes a case, one might push a townie's lynch; that doesn't mean we shouldn't make cases. Likewise, and conversely, the risk of defending scum doesn't mean you shouldn't argue for towniness.

2) "signposts" - Yeah; it's true that scum will often go after people who are declared town. THis is the best argument against declaring people pro-town. The problem with this, though, is that you had already declared that you find him likely town. If you are town, then scum know you have a genuine belief in Max's towniness. As such, you've already signposted your position. This point, therefore, doesn't apply.

"Setup speculation not scummy" - As you'll see from my past posts, I agree with you on this point; doesn't make Max likely town though. It's a nulltell.
"wagoned by scum" - Just because a wagon sucks doesn't mean the wagonee is town. More likely, maybe, but this isn't a strong line of reasoning.
orto wrote: Whether deliberately or not you've presented exactly the same strawman as Sotty (who according to the gender symbol is a girl, btw) already did in Post 483, which I replied to in 498.
It's not a strawman.

You attacked him as saying that he had a tone of expressing discomfort on a range of people, without making any real case. I understand why that's problematic- if people simply declare gut positions that can give retrospective justifications. However, he was raising the "discomfort" in the context of questions. In my case, he was distrubed by my non-voting,in Kairyuu's his reaction and apparent double standard re Nat and Fritz.

Your argument would be valid if he had simply said: "vollkan makes me uneasy" and "Kairyuu makes me uneasy". My point is that the uneasiness was tied to specific behaviours that he wanted answers on.
Max wrote: Volkan, looking at my posts won't change your mind, it's their posts you need to look at. BTW. DGB!!!!
Hmm? I said I would read over your posts to see if I could understand your suspicions. You probably won't change my mind, but that's not the point - it's to see whether your posting is as bad as everybody makes it out to be.

On that note,
{NUmbers are from you in isolation}
5: Gut feeling Yos is scum. You are clear there is no logic to your position. <Insert my boilerplate rant here>. You then ask Yos who his scumbuddies are.
6: You restate you have no evidence for Yos suspicion.
7: You say you don't think Nat is scum, and you then ask Yos if Nat is his scumbuddy. I can't see the basis for that sequencing. Then, furthering this, you ask "if not" (Why "if not"?) is there another scumgroup (I can't see the train of thought here) and then " you think it is plausible that an SK could be shot [at in] a large game". You answer "No", because of an unexplained belief in two parties; then you assume a SK couldn't be NKed and, on that basis, you conclude Nat isn't scum. Your logic just doesn't make sense to me, yet alone the assumptions you are building on.
12: "Yos is doing very little that makes him seem pro-town". Your posts thus far haven't pointed anything else out by people that do seem pro-town, so highlighting Yos's not doing pro-town things seems to be holding him to a different standard (and isn't an argument for scumminess)
15: The presumptuon that reporters cannot be roles because only parties have a stake in fixing elections. I've already explained what is wrong with this.
25 :You assert Yos has been manipulating people, again without any explanation or evidence. and make a series of claims which I questioned earlier
28: The post I am responding to where you assert your suspects.
33: INteresting point here; you say Kairyuu is scummiest after Yos because he hasn't explained himself. To take that ball and run with it, you haven't given anything substantial to justify your claims against Yos.

I don't know what to make of your play. Frankly, I'm leaning towards VI.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:23 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

vollkan I can't tell you how glad I am that you're not scum in this game. But neither is Max. So. Who is?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:48 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

DGB, you're just trying to piss me off, aren't you?
Show
Why, yes, I do exist simply to make your life a living hell.
Win-Loss
Town: 10-3
Scum: 5-2
Serial Killer: 0-2
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:04 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Sorry, I've barely been home the past 48 hours. I'll try to get caught up tomorrow, although realistically, it may not happen until Tuesday. I apologize for my absense.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:10 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Max wrote: DGB, don't you find it intriguing that Yos says that I'm his main suspect yet isn't willing to back it up with a vote?
:roll:

Someone clearly isn't paying attention here.

Max, what makes you think it matters who I vote for at the moment, when the vote count has clearly shown that it apparently dosn't?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:43 pm

Post by Yaw »

Again, Post 516 back. Will fill in stuff that's happened since then after.

Vi: Defends Nat early due to knowing him before Scum. (I don't really see this as necessarily problematic, since most of the arguments regarded comparing Nat's play in this game to Nat's play prior.) Accused by Nat for no reason, then ganged up on by Nikelaos and zwet for not responding to it (except Vi did respond by asking for a reason, which was never given). Argues well against zwet's post of great scumminess, but never votes for him. Defends him post-claim (going beyond deciding not to lynch him based on claim). Gets on Max fairly early for lack of contribution, gets on Idiotking for similar reasons. Discovered Yos2's lack of vote. Decent critical analysis of the Emp-charter argument. Looks fairly impartial in that one. (Outstanding question regarding what I meant with respect to zwet making up stuff to make people seem suspicious coming under zwet.)

Yos2: Bit of commentary regarding the mass nameclaim proposal and Badguy's claim. Mostly seems very "correct" and above the fray. Mistakenly called to notice zwet, at which point he votes. Votes don't count for some unknown reason, which is annoying because it means there's no point to Yos2 voting and hence that kind of support for bandwagons can't be tracked (blaming the mechanic here, not Yos2). Supports Max-wagon based on Max's behaviour towards him. Claims to have been voting for Max in Post 463, which is false (not that it would have mattered due to votes not counting). Can't really get a vibe off him.

zwet: Claims his voting will be dependent on bandwagons forming in Post 86. Wants the cop to investigate Nat (which isn't a horrible idea for handling IS-ish players, but it's not the sort of thing you direct people to do in the open), and to drop breadcrumbs in thread (bad, because it directs scum to look specifically for Nat-alignment based breadcrumbs in thread as a way to find the cop were this to be carried out). Votes for Vi for not defending against non-existent arguments, which is pure bullshit. Then tries to direct the lynches for both day 1 and day 2, plus the cop and vig night actions, while giving no reasoning for any of it. Bandwagon starts to form on him at this point, which he ignores until forced to claim. Actually tries to dodge responsibility for his statements, saying that throwing out ideas shouldn't be judged as inciminating. In the meantime, still tries to pour suspicion on Vi and Nat, suggesting they're scum-buddies. Finally backs off Vi, with no explanation. Claims Wolf Blitzer, cop in a way that's either frustration or, "Look at me! I've figured out a fake role to claim that you can't possibly disbelieve!" Calls out Max for buddying up to Fritzler, then follows Fritzler onto charter. Says that if charter flips town, Fritz should be lynched tomorrow (again with the trying to direct things ahead of time, and that's not how it works with Fritzler anyway). Is actually pretty correct on Max, but no vote. I think the most forgivable interpretation is that he read Jeep's fundamental assertion that players want to reveal their role, and somehow thought this was a desirable thing to try to do instead of something to be avoided.

Regardless, what Max has been doing is far worse. Reasons are before in the previous post where I covered Max, which he should start responding to instead of carrying on with this bullshit about how he's the greatest threat to scum and everyone voting him must be scum trying to get rid of him.

Basic summary being
Unvote
Vote: Max
FOS: ortolan
. Which makes 8 on Max, I believe, for L-3.
Success breeds suspicion
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:32 pm

Post by charter »

Idiotking wrote:
charter wrote:
Idiotking wrote:Then how's this. What's the line between being anti-town and being scummy? At what point to they become two separate things?
It's not like it's a black and white answer... What Nat did in this game was not scummy for him though.
If Nat HAD turned out to be scum, wouldn't that have been a nice cover? It's actually a pretty nice excuse if it doesn't get you lynched right at the beginning. Granted, Nat got replaced, so we can't see how he would act later, but really, discarding anti-town behavior so easily doesn't seem smart to me.
I was just saying that his actions in this game weren't any indicator of his alignment. He does that as town all the time. Lynching him for doing it would be dumb and useless (unless he happened to be scum, which I didn't see anything to indicate that) was what I was trying to say.
Vi wrote:
charter 476 wrote:Yeah, and there's a certain word in my role PM that would be in his too if he's town. I was seeing if he would say it. (He did)
So what does that mean in relation to zwet's alignment?
Nothing, there's a vague PM on page one. He could have just checked that.
I don't really follow the rest of your post.
Max wrote:
Max, if there are multiple anti-town factions, do you think they are working together to get you lynched, or do you think that the people you think are scum are all from one of the factions?
Well of course they would work together, I'm their greatest threat. And besides scum have one similar aim, to annihilate the town, so by killing me they're one step closer.

DGB, don't you find it intriguing that Yos says that I'm his main suspect yet isn't willing to back it up with a vote?
Why haven't we lynched Max yet?
Yaw wrote:zwet: (lots of words) Is actually pretty correct on Max, but no vote. I think the most forgivable interpretation is that he read Jeep's fundamental assertion that players want to reveal their role, and somehow thought this was a desirable thing to try to do instead of something to be avoided.
What possibly led you to think this?

I wonder if I should be more suspicious of Max or those that are calling him town (or just both).
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:00 pm

Post by ortolan »

Yaw (543) wrote:ortolan: Wanted a mass nameclaim. Gets on zwet after being poked to do so by Vi. Defends Vi from Nikelaos, though the reasoning was valid for doing this, and much later votes for him...then backs off stating the vote was only for discussion. Opines on Max after being prompted by magnus, reads him pro-town. This after the bandwagon's been building, Max has pulled his "I think you're scum but I really don't" stunt on both Yos2 and I, and jumped on Fritz's lure-wagon on charter. Is still defending Max as the long list of scummy actions mounts. Votes magnus for calling him on this. The most forgiving interpretation I can come up with is that he's willfully blind, the worst is that he's either scum with Max, or scum knowing Max is town setting himself up for the "I told you so." Now that I've provided a synopsis as to why Max is scummy in the previous post, he'd damn well better start explaining.
Is still defending Max as the long list of scummy actions mounts.
Not true at all. What I was defending was my comments in Post 468, re: finding him town. Whatever he did after that was irrelevant, as at that point I was more defending myself for having found him town rather than him (and attacking mo for his stated reasons for voting him). As I said, it would be fallacious to assume my opinions on Max were not capable of changing.
the worst is that he's either scum with Max, or scum knowing Max is town setting himself up for the "I told you so."
Granted you said these were only possible interpretations, but still, I don't like how you account for either possible flip of Max, and in both say they indicate I am scum. Seems rather unfair/tunnely to me.
Now that I've provided a synopsis as to why Max is scummy in the previous post, he'd damn well better start explaining.
Looking at your post:
Yaw (526) wrote:Max: Holy... First gets an inkling Yos2 might be scum, and then asks questions assuming he is. (Favourite moment of bullshit on this is from the infamous Post 162: "Personally i don't thin nat is scum. Yos, is Nat your scum buddy?" No, that is not changed.) Pretty much is throwing suspicion in Yos2's direction every chance he gets, without voting for him, through the entire zwet-wagon. Assumes there's multiple scum groups, but again, this requires a few hoops to be a big tell. Tries to insinuate that I'm scum when magnus joins, without being willing to own up to it. Leaps on Fritzler's exploratory vote like he's jumping off a sinking ship onto a lifeboat. Doesn't acknowledge that he's done anything wrong as the bandwagon goes, or really try to defend himself. I'd really love to know what this threat in Post 471 is supposed to mean, "Yos, scum always vote me, any one who has voted me in this game will die. I can tell you that." And he can suddenly guarantee Fritzler's town, and knows that both I and charter are town. That last bit definitely implies inside information to an extent well beyond the multiple scum group thing. (And I assure you, I'm not in a mason group with Max, so that's not a valid explanation.) I have at least 6 screaming alarm bells going off on Max, and that's ignoring the multiple scum group thing completely.
A lot of this seems to have occurred after Post 468. But the stuff that did before: a lot of it seems very subjective. I don't see how the point about Yos is particularly valid when he openly announced it was gut-based to begin with (136 + 158). I see posting like he did in 162 as _extremely_ stupid for scum to do, so stupid it's almost implausible for him to be scum in light of that post.
Max (166) wrote:Would that mean if this was British Politics at next election Gordon Brown would be the serial killer and David Cameron the jester?
Pretty sure the jester in a US election would be Ralph Nader.

Post 189, bit silly, not scummy

Post 203 makes it extremely likely he is engaging in speculation based on the setup rather than inside knowledge:
Some "individual" candidate could be the SK, but I don't know of any from the '08 election.
Post 260 he seems to be attacking Yos based on meta, not really necessarily scummy, imo. Post 261 speculates on Yos's rule, it seems he may be right in his conclusion, which I probably wouldn't have noticed/considered otherwise.

Post 295 isn't unreasonable.

etc. etc.

I still get a pro-town read on Max when I read his posts. I will need to look at the more recent ones when I've finished being attacked though.

I also note DGB has spoken of Max's towniness without providing reasons in exactly the same manner as I, and not yet copped flak for it.
vollkan (575) wrote:2) "signposts" - Yeah; it's true that scum will often go after people who are declared town. THis is the best argument against declaring people pro-town. The problem with this, though, is that you had already declared that you find him likely town. If you are town, then scum know you have a genuine belief in Max's towniness. As such, you've already signposted your position. This point, therefore, doesn't apply.
Not really what I meant. More that if I give good arguments for him being town which are then perceived as good arguments by others then he will generally be considered "town", which makes him a more likely night-kill target. But I can see why this position might become untenable when taken to its ultimate ends, so I will concede the argument on theory to you. That said I will re-iterate I believe I complied with "giving my reasons for finding Max town" anyhow.
vollkan (575) wrote:"Setup speculation not scummy" - As you'll see from my past posts, I agree with you on this point; doesn't make Max likely town though. It's a nulltell.
"wagoned by scum" - Just because a wagon sucks doesn't mean the wagonee is town. More likely, maybe, but this isn't a strong line of reasoning.
Re-read Post 498, I very specifically mention this raising the "likelihood" of him being town, rather than it being a certainty. And note you seem to have a similar conclusion to me Re: Max.
vollkan (575) wrote:It's not a strawman.

You attacked him as saying that he had a tone of expressing discomfort on a range of people, without making any real case. I understand why that's problematic- if people simply declare gut positions that can give retrospective justifications. However, he was raising the "discomfort" in the context of questions. In my case, he was distrubed by my non-voting,in Kairyuu's his reaction and apparent double standard re Nat and Fritz.

Your argument would be valid if he had simply said: "vollkan makes me uneasy" and "Kairyuu makes me uneasy". My point is that the uneasiness was tied to specific behaviours that he wanted answers on.
I'm still pretty sure Sotty is female. But I maintain that that sort of ambiguous and emotive language is counter-productive to scum-hunting. Do you genuinely perceive any way in which her arguments or post as a whole benefited from having these little expressions of emotions tagged onto the end of her arguments?

I also don't believe Sotty has yet told me what question of hers I was dodging.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:31 am

Yaw is an impatient scumbag thirsty for a claim but most of all, a lynch so that he can talk to his buddies about who they're killing tonight. See post #580.

unvote, vote: Yaw
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:32 am

Post by kuribo »

Alright, moving down the list.

1. Yaw- I go back and forth on Yaw, at times it seems like he's scumhunting, at others it seems he's tossing stuff against the wall to see what sticks. I liked Yaw's catchup post somewhat, though I don't necessarily agree with it.
2. EmpTyger--- I don't understand his accusation of active lurking against orto, when there seemed to be several people (Idiotking) who actually WERE actively lurking.
3. Sotty7(rp. Natirasha)--- I found Natirasha scummy. But, I've learned that stupidity isn't a scumtell either. I agree with Sotty that Emp v. charter seems mostly rooted in Mafia theory, and I'm of the opinion that disagreements in that regard does not scumtell make. I don't agree necessarily with the over-reaction accusation against Kariyuu--- I react with hostility as town quite often.
4. Battle Mage(rp. Lindisfarne) Lindisfarne, I got no read on. BM only recently replaced in, which is awesome cause I love that guy!
5. charter--- REALLY long posts, but thats neither a town tell nor a scum tell. He seems to be right in the thick of things at times, which is consistent with his behavior in my experience.
6. Nikelaos--- Is this guy playing?
7. Badguy I don't remember seeing him at all after the random stage.
8. DrippingGoofball(rp. pacman281892)-- Pacman comtributed almost nothing to the game. DGB just recently replaced in, and clearly voted before she finished reading. You want to know why I wasn't voting? Because I don't do that until I read the thread, and now you see why. (PS, if I had missed his claim, I'd be voting zwet now too) I don't like the unsourced statement that Max is town.
9. kuribo(rp. Boarder_Control)--- complete jerk. How I loathe him.
10. Max--- Seemed to gloss over magnus' attack against him a bit. I don't get why he and Fritz decided to vote charter for seemingly no reason. Has been absent or just patently unhelpful to the town at various parts of the game. I agree with Yos that "everyone bandwagoning me is scum," is a stupid argument.
11. vollkan(rp. EvilBlonde633)--- I'm leaning town on him. Also, if he IS town, I pity the scum because I've been scum against vollkantown, and it's NOT pretty. :)
12. Yosarian2--- Seems pretty solidly scumhunting. His behavior here doesn't mesh with the other game I played with him where he was scum. I have an idea as to why his votes don't seem to be counted, but I won't get into that here.
13. Vi--- I'm a bit middle of the road on him, just when he starts pinging my scumdar, he does something pretty townish. I can't decide yet if this is because I'm reading too much into his posts, or if it's because he's scum offsetting himself with good behavior.
14. magnus_orion(rp. doctor no)--- replaced in pretty solidly, mostly looking pro-town to me
15. ortolan--- was accused of active lurking, but I just don't see it. I also don't see his case against magnus, nor do I understand how he comes to the conclusion that Max is town. At best, Max is middle of the road, and at worst, he's scum.
16. Fritzler(rp. TAX)--- Fritzler made a couple of blanket statements about charter and Kairyuu, but Yos assures us this is normal for him. The only game I've seen him in is Bad Idea Mafia, so all we can be sure of is that he's not a dayvig. :)
17. CouncilWolf(rp. Spambot)--- Spambot disappeared early on.
18. Idiotking--- A complete newb. His first game was one that I modded on another site about 3 weeks ago, where he was killed Night 1 by a Paranoid Gun Owner. Although as has been stated to him, he needs to learn that aggressiveness is not a scumtell. Also, if you think I'm mean in mafia, you should see some of the stuff I've said to Idiotking. :P I don't get why he thinks someone shouldn't be lynched for being anti-town.
19. Kairyuu--- I agree with charter, something early game seemed fishy to me, but Jesus Christ, I've been reading you people for so long now, that I'll go back and post it for you again if I have to, but I'd rather not. Ah yes, now I remember, the whole "vig vs lynch" crap that I had to wade through. Please let's not reiterate that.
20. zwetschenwasser--- Scummy behavior early on. I don't necessarily believe the claim, but there's no point in lynching him. I don't like how he disappeared after the claim, once the pressure was coming off. Then he tries to railroad tomorrow's lynch too, when he does come back.

Alot of people in this game seem to be voting for one another with blanket statements such as, "X is town." I've never liked this style of play, but I can manage. It just makes people harder to read. (Which I guess is the point)
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:03 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yaw wrote: Claims to have been voting for Max in Post 463, which is false (not that it would have mattered due to votes not counting).
Actually, it's not, not that you have any way of knowing that. Post 463:

Yosarian2 wrote:Interesting that you said this when I was voting for you, and you say it again now that I'm not voting for you.
I voted for him, but the post was lost when the site went down the second time. I didn't re-vote him after that. He made similar comments about how all the scum were voting him both times, despite the fact that I was on his bandwagon the one time and not the other time.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:07 am

Post by Vi »

So who's scum, kuribo?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:49 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

I disappeared, Kuribo, because I went on a three day trip to Tampa to play in the Florida All-State Orchestra. RT*P
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:33 am

charter wrote: Nothing, there's a vague PM on page one. He could have just checked that.
Are you trying to get me modkilled?
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:38 am

I'm not taking my vote off Charter until he answers my question
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:15 am

Post by kuribo »

Vi wrote:So who's scum, kuribo?
Max, zwet unless he's a cop, maybe DGB, maybe Badguy, Nike could be pretty much anything, quite likely Idiotking, maybe EmpTyger.

It's not easy when 90% of the posts in the game were made by the same 10 or so people.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:16 am

Post by Idiotking »

kuribo wrote: 18. Idiotking--- A complete newb. His first game was one that I modded on another site about 3 weeks ago, where he was killed Night 1 by a Paranoid Gun Owner. Although as has been stated to him, he needs to learn that aggressiveness is not a scumtell. Also, if you think I'm mean in mafia, you should see some of the stuff I've said to Idiotking. :P I don't get why he thinks someone shouldn't be lynched for being anti-town.
?

I'm saying lynching someone for being anti-town is a good thing, not the other way around.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:39 am

kuribo is Yaw's scumbuddy?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:41 am

Kuribo's scujmlist doesn't quite match the content in post 584. I smell fake scumhunting.

Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:07 am

Post by Sotty7 »

ortolan 498 wrote:
Sotty7 (483) wrote:Nice way to dodge my question.
Question? Question? I don't see the question to which you refer. I hope you're not simply making things up now. If you are referring to simply quoting Vi in Post 472 then first of all, that is not your question. Secondly, I already answered why in Post 481 I did not believe it was pro-town to lay out reasons for someone being town. Please don't try and add some far-fetched "avoiding questions" scumtell accusation, although it would be consistent with your play so far. For the record
Sotty7 post 472 wrote:
Vi 470 wrote:
ortolan 468 wrote:
mo [376] wrote:@ortolan: do you have an opinion on a max wagon, then?
mo [401] wrote:@Ortolan: did you see my question?
I did now. I re-read Max and see him as likely town.
orly
Why?
I echo that and also wonder about this:
ortolan post 468 wrote:I will
Unvote: Nikelaos
because I never really felt strongly about him anyway (vote was more for discussion, which never eventuated), and re-reading he seems quite townie.
This was my question. Or at least what I was hinting at, looking back now I could have been clearer. I wanted to know why you felt Nikelaos was town as I personally don't have much of a read on him either way. The whole point of the game is to get as much information as you can so you can make a decision. So if another player has differing read than you then wouldn't you question them to find out why? Maybe they are seeing something you are missing. Of course in the end it's up to you to decide if you agree with their logic or not, if it is scummy or not. But just stating I think so-so is town, I think yadda-yadda is scum and not providing reasoning why, is really not helpful at all.
Max post 550 wrote:DGB, don't you find it intriguing that Yos says that I'm his main suspect yet isn't willing to back it up with a vote?
This the same Yos that clearly doesn't have a vote today for one reason or another?
vollkan post 575 wrote:I don't know what to make of your play. Frankly, I'm leaning towards VI.
Why?
ortolan 582 wrote:I'm still pretty sure Sotty is female. But I maintain that that sort of ambiguous and emotive language is counter-productive to scum-hunting. Do you genuinely perceive any way in which her arguments or post as a whole benefited from having these little expressions of emotions tagged onto the end of her arguments?

I also don't believe Sotty has yet told me what question of hers I was dodging.
True. Had a crazy weekend, see above for what I was getting at. I can kinda see where you are coming from ortolan. From what I gather you are worried that by wording like I do you think it makes it easier to do a 180 if the need arises. I just never deal in black and whites until I am sure, because of this I wonder a lot. I try and explain myself as much as possible though. I think that would make it pretty obvious if I just suddenly tried to distance from the points I was trying to make.

It's also true that I have boobies.
zwetschenwasser post 589 wrote:I'm not taking my vote off Charter until he answers my question
You have been going on about this and I don't even remember what the question was now. Also seems to indicate that this is a vote more of annoyance than anything else. Do you think charter is scum? If not, who?
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:23 am

Post by Max »

This the same Yos that clearly doesn't have a vote today for one reason or another?
He still should be placing them as a form of showing opinion, for all we could know there may be some reason why he can't vote certain people.

I so can't believe people won't take a hint, I mean it is one of the American constitutional rights to carry a gun. Therefore Yos has one
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:32 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Max wrote:
He still should be placing them as a form of showing opinion, for all we could know there may be some reason why he can't vote certain people.
Uhhh...what?
I so can't believe people won't take a hint, I mean it is one of the American constitutional rights to carry a gun. Therefore Yos has one
Uhhh...what?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:39 am

Post by Vi »

Yosarian2 596 wrote:
Max wrote:
Uhhh...what?
Actually, I agree with Max here.

@kuribo: If Idiotking is "quite likely" scum, but you didn't say much that's bad about him alignment-wise in your analysis, then what about Yaw? What do you think of ortolan?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:43 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Max wrote:

You do have somewhat of a point about opinions and tracing votes back. Still when I read that quote it was like you were trying to make Yos look bad in the eyes of a replaced player who might not know that Yos has a missing vote.

Like you did with Yaw when we had another replacement (The name escapes me at this moment.)
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:46 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Vi wrote:
Yosarian2 596 wrote:
Max wrote:
Uhhh...what?
Actually, I agree with Max here.
You agree with Max that I should "place votes as a form of showing opinion", or you agree with him that "there might be some reason I can't vote for certain people"?

Because the second is the exact reason I shouldn't be voting for anyone today. As I said earlier, I'd really rather not reveal any more about my role that I don't have to, which means I'm not going to vote at the moment.

If you want me to "show opinion", then how's this?

I THINK MAX IS SCUM

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”