Penguins of the Serengeti
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:38 am

Post by Penguins of the Serengeti »

MafiaSSK wrote:Vino: I'm just getting scum vibes from SC.
According to some people in this game, you are displaying anti-town behavior with this post. They'll let it slide, though, because you don't make the scum as nervous as I do.
[size=75][color=Brown][i][url=http://web-o-rama.net]Penguins in the Serengeti and in the Ngorongoro Crater have been studied continuously since the 60's hoping the birds will lead us to their secretive prey, the sand cod.[/url][/i][/color][/size]
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:43 am

Post by roflcopter »

Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:
According to some people in this game, you are displaying anti-town behavior with this post. They'll let it slide, though, because you don't make the scum as nervous as I do.
qft'd for great justice
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:59 am

Post by Vino »

Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:Again I was inaccurate in my scumlist, I forgot orangepenguin:

SCUMLIST: Litral, Numberfourteen, Yosarian, Vino, orangepenguin and StrangerCoug.

Yes three of them are masons. orangepenguin may be the least scummy in the lot, the rest are pretty much equivalent but for different reasons. I'm willing to lynch any of these players.
What is your level of certainty of that scum list?
You'll have to verbalize your thoughts if anybody else is going to give them any credence. Would you please try?
Show
[url=http://www.calamityfuse.com/]Calamity Fuse, a multiplayer FPS/RPG[/url]
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Total prods: 1
Replaced out: 0
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:09 am

Vino wrote:What is your level of certainty of that scum list?
How can I possibly know? These things can't be quantified. Enough certainty to be willing to lynch.

And BTW. I've been playing this game for years. I've never been accused of being 'anti-town' until very recently in this game. Before this rumor gets some legs, I suggest you try a little harder to understand how I play, you'll see that there is nothing anti-town about it.
[size=75][color=Brown][i][url=http://web-o-rama.net]Penguins in the Serengeti and in the Ngorongoro Crater have been studied continuously since the 60's hoping the birds will lead us to their secretive prey, the sand cod.[/url][/i][/color][/size]
Numberfourteen
Numberfourteen
Goon
Numberfourteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:16 am

Post by Numberfourteen »

@ PotS You have explained why masons don't vote masons, your reason is the "secret code" I was curious if there is any logical reason to not vote, I never heard of this secret code, it wasn't in my PM...

Also you said tha you attacked me first, but when I went back I attacked you on post 292, and on post 295 I was added to your scumlist. I did not go back and check for Vino, but everyone else on your list is there because they attacked you, is that your gut feeling?

@everyone, is there a secret code of not voting for your mason buddies?
Show
Overall 1 - 2
Town 0 - 2
Scum 1 - 0

Currently in 2 Games
Dead in 0 Games
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:18 am

Post by roflcopter »

num14 wrote:@everyone, is there a secret code of not voting for your mason buddies?
seems more like common sense than a secret code
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:19 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Well, it's generally not a good idea, but what with the supposed scum-masons, I guess that means nothing. It's fluff on PotS' part, and should be ignored.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:22 am

Post by roflcopter »

koc, what have you actually done this game? the only thing i can see from reading your posts is an fos on gnkoichi which you never followed through on and your cocked up vote for me because i make you angry.
soi soi soi

Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:25 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

^^^ That's what I've done.
And unlike you, I don't spew out the first half-formed, half-witted idea that pops into my head. Rest assured, I'm not done with Koichi yet. I just think there aare better lynches - and yours is one of them.

Let me put it this way people - if we get to the final day, with 2 confirmed townies, and 3 unconfirmed, including roflcopter - do you
really
want him pissing on this game and making it impossible to read?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:37 am

Post by Lowell »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Penguins of the Serengeti wrote: I also considered what we might become NK-bait. But then, it's so certain that at least one, if not more than one, of us is scum, that every time the scum nightkills a town mason, they are narrowing the field and exposing themselves. They'd be foolish to do that. Now I had not considered the issue of the SK; but since the SK is Yosarian, he too won't want to expose himself by targeting the masons for the NK.
Actually, you're still missing the point. The problem is that now the SK probably won't kill us, and instead, will be much more likely real town power roles, when I would much rather he would kill glorified townies like us.
This is back a couple of pages (end of 17) but I wanted to draw it to the front. This post sits
VERY
badly with me. FTR, if yos has information about the relative powerroles (or lack therof) of the masons, that is something that I, at least, do not know.

This is essentially the reason I wanted to claim so early in this case. I didn't want anyone yelling out "mason" in a crowded bandwagon to avoid a lynch. Yelling "glorified townie" is more or less the same.

I cannot think of a reason pro-town yos would have made this post.

unvote, vote yos
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:40 am

Post by roflcopter »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:^^^ That's what I've done.
And unlike you, I don't spew out the first half-formed, half-witted idea that pops into my head. Rest assured, I'm not done with Koichi yet. I just think there aare better lynches - and yours is one of them.

Let me put it this way people - if we get to the final day, with 2 confirmed townies, and 3 unconfirmed, including roflcopter - do you
really
want him pissing on this game and making it impossible to read?
appeal to emotion. you're not even arguing that i make a good lynch because you think i'm scum. you're trying to lynch me because you find me annoying, or maybe hard to read, i can't tell which. thats straight idiotic, and superscummy.
soi soi soi

Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:44 am

Yosarian2 wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:Copter is not acting anti-town at all. Where do you get this? He's expressing opinions, sticking his neck out, and moving things along. He doesn't hurt every game he's in, that's total and utter rubbish.
Yeah, right. Most of his recent contributions, as are yours, are OMGUS attacks. In addition, other games are irrelevant to this one as far as tells are concerned.
Um...what? Most of his posts have either been attacking me (not OMGUS) or attacking Vino (not OMGUS), or attacking Literl (not OMGUS). So, again...what?
The above is a reminder for Number14 who is still imagining that the only players I find scummy are for plain old OMGUS.

Those are the words of the SK himself, you know his opinion is objective.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:44 am

Numberfourteen wrote:@everyone, is there a secret code of not voting for your mason buddies?
Stop playing dumb. It's not a secret code. It's a wise convention.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:46 am

Knight of Cydonia wrote:^^^ That's what I've done.
Seriously, what is it that you do, exactly, that's more useful than what the rest of us are doing?
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:49 am

REVISED SCUMLIST: KoCydonia, Litral, Numberfourteen, Yosarian, Vino, orangepenguin and StrangerCoug.

For the record, KoC is not voting me, so there's no OMGUS there, either.

Egads, Lowell is so town.
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:38 am

Post by Vino »

Do you mean to say there are seven anti-town roles in this game? What would they be, in your opinion?
Show
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:27 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

Yosarian2 wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:Copter is not acting anti-town at all. Where do you get this? He's expressing opinions, sticking his neck out, and moving things along. He doesn't hurt every game he's in, that's total and utter rubbish.
Yeah, right. Most of his recent contributions, as are yours, are OMGUS attacks. In addition, other games are irrelevant to this one as far as tells are concerned.
Um...what? Most of his posts have either been attacking me (not OMGUS) or attacking Vino (not OMGUS), or attacking Literl (not OMGUS). So, again...what?
The above is a reminder for Number14 who is still imagining that the only players I find scummy are for plain old OMGUS.

Those are the words of the SK himself, you know his opinion is objective.
To be fair I think he just doesn't want you to vote for him.

I am still completely onboard for a yosarian lynch, though strangercoug has been playing a weird game that I wouldn't mind lynching for. I also wouldn't mind lynching Knights of Cydonia as his play has been the definition of active lurking. I guess that is my scum list currently.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:40 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

roflcopter wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:I find it interesting that roflcopter is unwilling to vote me seemingly because he knows he's got practically nothing to back it up with, yet he got MafiaSSK to do so. What is the case on me?
well thats a hell of a mischaracterization. i'm unwilling to vote you because my vote is doing a hell of a lot more good on a wagon than it would be alone on you.
That doesn't answer my question.
Coaching for the lose.
Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:REVISED SCUMLIST: KoCydonia, Litral, Numberfourteen, Yosarian, Vino, orangepenguin and StrangerCoug.
You're one person away from having half the game in your scum list, which goes to show you either don't know how to scumhunt or don't really care about scumhunting.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:57 am

Vino wrote:Do you mean to say there are seven anti-town roles in this game? What would they be, in your opinion?
I dunno... but your 'guess' is going to be better than mine.

Look, that's ridiculous. 100% of the scum isn't on my scumlist, and all the players off my scumlist aren't 100% town. The list is made up of people I strongly suspect and would be willing to lynch. That's self-evident. To suggest that all, and only, my suspects are scum is mega misrepresentation.

But of course, you're scum, and I expect it.

BTW, I'm still bothered with your hesitation to claim, because you were only at minus 3. Scum hates claiming, and you don't seem to be eager to.

unvote, vote: Vino
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:48 am

Post by Vino »

Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:BTW, I'm still bothered with your hesitation to claim, because you were only at minus 3. Scum hates claiming, and you don't seem to be eager to.

unvote, vote: Vino
That's hilarious. Your vote was already on me, you took it off and put it on again.

I'm not claiming because I'm not in danger of being lynched, and for no other reason. It's not a scum or town thing to do. Saying "Scum hates claiming" is a misrepresentation of the reality that most roles, scum or town, dislike claiming.

At least you're open to the idea that you might be wrong with your scum list.
Show

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:54 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Mod: Please note my sig.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:16 am

Vino wrote:Saying "Scum hates claiming" is a misrepresentation of the reality that most roles, scum or town, dislike claiming.
My experience is very different, otherwise I wouldn't have expressed the opinion.
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:18 am

Post by Vino »

Vino wrote:Saying "Scum hates claiming" is a misrepresentation of the reality that most roles, scum or town, dislike claiming.
My experience is very different, otherwise I wouldn't have expressed the opinion.
Nobody who doesn't want to claim is going to claim if they don't have to, Serengeti.
Show

orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:14 am

Post by orangepenguin »

orangepenguin wrote:Oh, I don't see where Penguins is going where he is basically calling me scummy, because I random voted him. First of all, I did a vote and then unvote simultaneously, so it never was a valid vote. I didn't vote him because I thought he was scum. I didn't vote him because he was a mason partner. It was just my random joke vote I never got to use. I chose him *gasp* because my username has penguin in it and so does his, so I figured I'd make a joke about that. I don't see any relevance in his point.
YOU DON'T VOTE YOUR MASON BUDDIES - that's the code of honor. That's how masons breadcrumb their buddies, by not voting each other. If you voted for me, especially at the random stage, this will be interpreted later as 'POTS & OP were NOT buddies because OP voted POTS.'
I'm sorry, there was nothing about a code of honor in the pm. Considering we don't know our mason buddies' alignment, which you brought up, I don't see any relevance in any kind of honor. Also, with more than 1 mason buddy around, I am not going to bread crumb, especially when I missed the first X number of days, while trying to play catch up. I voted you way past the random stage, because the town was already in game mode, but I voted you as my own little random stage vote and unvote, just as a little ritual. By the time I posted again, I was already outed. Considering there are about 5 other masons, I don't think anyone would've interpreted otherwise.

I don't know how you can go on about defying the mason code of codes when you're also agreeing with the idea of scum masons. It seems kind of hypocritical and OMGUS, just because I voted you. I doubt you'd even have me on your scum list had I voted someone you disliked who is also part of the mason group.

Going
vote: PoS
unvote
is meaningless. As a penguin, I figured you would understand. :(
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:05 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Vino wrote:\
You'll have to verbalize your thoughts if anybody else is going to give them any credence. Would you please try?
If I could verbalize it any any more I would have with that post.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”