US Election 08 Mafia(Someone has won, has America lost?)

Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:47 am

Post by Max »

Zwet, DGB is always crazy.
And Fritz is being useful (for him)
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:47 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Right, I've scanned the thread, and right now, to be honest, I can't see anything other than Max. All day, he's just been posting 6-7 lines max, with little content, and instead of defending himself, he's really just been pointing fingers all day. I can't see any reason to disbelieve the claims, so... might as well
Vote: Max
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:14 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

zwetschenwasser wrote:Emp: did you notice I unvoted?
DGB: from other games you act crazy when your scum. Why is Emp innocent. Fritzler, start saying something useful!!
And more importantly, how so I act when town? Emp's post #719 is very townie. Fritzler is above average reasonable.

KoC is scum for his weak opportunistic vote on Max, who is totally his town-self.

unvote, vote: KoC
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:03 am

Post by Battle Mage »

magnus_orion wrote:So from my understanding of your accusation, then, in my defense,
I don't have an actual read on idiotking at the moment. I was just trying to get him motivated to actually contribute so I could have a read.

If I thought he was scum it would be an "HOS" :wink:
hmm, sounded to me like you had a reason...

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:06 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Stephen Colbert wrote:Knight of Cydonia replaces Nikelaos. Thanks!

In today's other news, some people are apparently extremely hungry here and enjoy changing people's names to food in the exit polls. Yes, I'm looking at you again, Battle Mage, quit messing with the exit polls. They're often enough wrong as is anyways, I don't need more ways for them to be wrong. Anyway, here's the results, as best as I can tell.

Max: 7 (Vi, magnus_orion, Kairyuu, charter, Sotty7, EmpTyger, Yaw)
charter: 2 (Fritzler, Max)
magnus_orion: 2 (ortolan)
Magnus Onion(?????): Battle Mage
Yaw: 1 (DrippingGoofball)
DrippingGoofball: 1 (Idiotking)

Not Voting: (Knight of Cydonia, Badguy, kuribo, vollkan, Yosarian2, CounselWolf, zwetschenwasser)

11 to lynch.

still attempting to find a replacement for Badguy.
Surprisingly, nobody needs a prod right now. I know, I was shocked too.

Deadline is being reinstated for the 1st of February, which should be giving replacements enough time to catch up.
:lol: <3

Did we establish that Ortolan had a double vote?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:17 am

Post by Vi »

Battle Mage 729 wrote:
Stephen Colbert wrote:Knight of Cydonia replaces Nikelaos. Thanks!

In today's other news, some people are apparently extremely hungry here and enjoy changing people's names to food in the exit polls. Yes, I'm looking at you again, Battle Mage, quit messing with the exit polls. They're often enough wrong as is anyways, I don't need more ways for them to be wrong. Anyway, here's the results, as best as I can tell.

Max: 7 (Vi, magnus_orion, Kairyuu, charter, Sotty7, EmpTyger, Yaw)
charter: 2 (Fritzler, Max)
magnus_orion: 2 (ortolan)
Magnus Onion(?????): Battle Mage
Yaw: 1 (DrippingGoofball)
DrippingGoofball: 1 (Idiotking)

Not Voting: (Knight of Cydonia, Badguy, kuribo, vollkan, Yosarian2, CounselWolf, zwetschenwasser)

11 to lynch.

still attempting to find a replacement for Badguy.
Surprisingly, nobody needs a prod right now. I know, I was shocked too.

Deadline is being reinstated for the 1st of February, which should be giving replacements enough time to catch up.
:lol: <3

Did we establish that Ortolan had a double vote?

BM
Looking at previous vote counts, I'd say no.

Post that's actually worth noting forthcoming.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:17 am

Post by Battle Mage »

zwetschenwasser wrote:Emp: did you notice I unvoted?
DGB: from other games you act crazy when your scum. Why is Emp innocent. Fritzler, start saying something useful!!
DGB acting crazy is a nulltell. What we have to work out is, is she just being crazy, or is she deliberately playing upto her meta in order to survive?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:30 am

Post by Max »

KoC there is no argument to defend myself against so why bother doing so
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:31 am

Post by Idiotking »

How exactly would we go about figuring that out, though?
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:35 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Figuring what out?
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:37 am

Post by Vi »

zwetschenwasser 734 wrote:Figuring what out?
733 is responding to 731.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:12 am

BM is totally town in this game.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:30 am

Post by Vi »

I wonder if Mattle Bage has vote shenanigans going for him, or the mod's just being anal about how there is no player named Magnus Onion (translated: Giant Vegetable) in this game. However, it would not surprise me at all if the satirists at The Onion decided to infiltrate this game~

I'm noticing that CounselWolf hasn't actually
said
anything yet. Plenty of jokey posts, but very little that I can twist in my mind to suggest effort or Towning around.

Hey kuribo. Vote.

This being my first game with Battle Mage, I think I can see where his reputation came from. (lol, confirm voting someone you weren't voting for in the first place) Unlike DGb, I don't see a redeeming factor in his posts.

KoC. Is anyone pro-Town?

Fritzler. Is charter still the best lynch in light of the claim?

--------
Idiotking 668 wrote:Never expect anything I do to make sense.
That's my line

From someone in your position, that's not a secure statement to make.
Idiotking 668 wrote:This was actually the point where I chose to be a little bit more cautious. I'm a townie. I vote. My votes sometimes make me look suspicious. I back off so I can re-examine things, and come to the realization that looking scummy because of a lot of vote changing doesn't exactly endear oneself to one's peers. So I hold onto my vote and wait, putting it only on someone when I'm certain I'm right. I suppose that's not the way I'm supposed to do things, though?
You're NEVER going to be certain you're right. And NOT voting can stand out as much as voting incorrectly.
Don't be afraid to be wrong. Just don't hide in a corner and expect people to like you.
Idiotking 668 wrote:DGB's anti-town behavior ISN'T any worse than the other anti-town behavior here. The reason I'm not voting on that is simple to me, though. Anti-town players are bad, people who try and cover up their anti-town'ness are worse. Hence Max.
...who you're not voting for.
Idiotking 707 wrote:Max and Charter aren't as destructive as DGB, I think. She's more anti-town than either of them, just by the way she acts.
How?

--------

Looking at Kairyuu, which I've been meaning to do for a while.
Kairyuu 29 wrote:Hmm. What to do, what to do. Ooh, I know! vote: Natirasha because
[etc.]
FAKE
Kairyuu 48 wrote:Conclusion: All signs point to N1 vig fodder being the best play. unvote

Hmmm. Almost nothing to go one thus far. Since I'm not overly fond of the RVS in the first place I'll hold onto my vote for now.
I disagree with this move. Nothing to say about the nameclaim?
Kairyuu 50 wrote:Looks like I found a home for my vote. Your opinions on the Nat lynch worry me, since lynching a neutral is always less than optimal play, especially when the claimed neutral is openly anti-town.

vote: Yaw
"Lynching an anti-Town neutral is suboptimal and should be avoided. You are scum for arguing otherwise."
...Riiiiiiiiiiiight. I see that you're noted for using votes to pressure people, but still, what awful reasoning.
By the way, lynching SK = one kill at Night, and not two. So yeah.
Kairyuu 54 wrote:@Nat: Would you please stop fucking around and play mafia?
Regardless of which alignment you are, you are hurting your faction's chances by acting as you are.
The inherent generosity to the scum (well, presumably the scum) here strikes me.
Kairyuu 80 wrote:The way I saw it, he was misrepping me. Your assertion that he was joking taints the sample.
And people accuse me of being uptight. This seems fake.
Kairyuu 386 wrote:
EmpTyger ### wrote:if there is a way this game can be broken pro-town, fine then, please feel free.
[proceeds to not do so, but asks why he shouldn't do it]
I don't see you attempting to break the setup yet.
Setup speculation is scummy because it shows what you DON'T know about the setup. I think SpyreX explained it well here (granted, he was scum attacking his partner, but whatever).
Kairyuu 461 wrote:I had a vote on Nat to for awhile.
A
random
vote, yes... for the duration of one post... (Sotty got this)
Kairyuu 493 wrote:Read into it as much as you want, but it's just the way I think. Any length of time can count as "awhile" in my eyes.

In short, Kairyuu's been trying to argue with people like normal, but I'm having a terribly hard time buying it this time around. Even ignoring his response to Fritzler, it's just falling flat to me.

--------

This is about where everyone stands with me. No order is implied. Ask for further information if desired.

More suspicious

Badguy - Should be smitten for his logic that he should (and did) claim a small-time name because only scum would claim a big name.
CounselWolf - see above
Kairyuu - see above
Yaw - zwet wagon, casting aspersions on the claimed Cop, etc.
Max - has said little to nothing of use today
kuribo - seriously nonparticipatory
ortolan - The flip on Nikelaos bothers me. Some of the wording he does seems fake. Calls "too scummy for scum" on Max, and seems to have a sudden vendetta against EmpTyger that as far as I can see has no basis.
Knight of Cydonia (rep. Nikelaos) - Nikelaos made me wonder. He could be a reasonably experienced Towner, but he was very hesitant with his vote and yet voted for admittedly weak reasons.
Big Onion - Your posts seem "off" to me... for instance, #21 and #22. The FoS on Idiotking seems very weak.

No Idea Yet

Fritzler - No information.
Battle Mage - No good information.
Yosarian2 - *shrug*
Idiotking - Everything you're doing, frankly, can be summarized as YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG. I agree with DGb, I can't tell either way but I'm leaning Town because I'm sappy like that.
EmpTyger - Annoying as sin, and doesn't let go of things. But not necessarily scummy in intent. Either that or I'm missing something because I don't have the patience to read through his all-out walls.

Probably not Mafiers

charter
DrippingGoofball
vollkan
zwetschenwasser
Sotty7
Vi (probably)

I still don't see a good reason to unvote Max, and tbqh I wouldn't mind his removal from the game at all.
If we left him to be vigged or something, I would probably vote for kuribo or CounselWolf. Kairyuu is also a possibility based on how he answers my objections.
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:38 am

Post by Idiotking »

Vi wrote:
Idiotking 707 wrote:Max and Charter aren't as destructive as DGB, I think. She's more anti-town than either of them, just by the way she acts.
How?
Max has at least attempted to give some sort of semblance of logic (maybe) from time to time. I suppose I DO have a disagreement with Charter on theory, and that doesn't make him scum; it's just a disagreement, though his willingness to forego lynching anti-town players still doesn't sit well with me.

But from my perspective everything DGB does is completely random. I honestly can't follow her thinking no matter how hard I try to wrap my mind around it; it just isn't there.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:29 am

Vi - in response to your question, GB is being kerrrazy as usual, BM... well, I have one game of experience on BM, when he was scum, and he's playing completely differently, so I'm leaning town on him at the moment.

DGB - I don't give a damn if this is Max as his "town self" - it's the definition of active-lurking, he's posted little-to-no content, and right now, he's the only person I could absolutely, with concrete certainty, say is playing in an anti-town manner. And why is it opportunistic? Because it's the 8th vote on Max? By your reasoning, then, anyone else who votes for Max must be even more scummy, for jumping on even later.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:37 am

Knight of Cydonia wrote:DGB - I don't give a damn if this is Max as his "town self" - it's the definition of active-lurking, he's posted little-to-no content, and right now, he's the only person I could absolutely, with concrete certainty, say is playing in an anti-town manner. And why is it opportunistic? Because it's the 8th vote on Max? By your reasoning, then, anyone else who votes for Max must be even more scummy, for jumping on even later.
You should give a damn that he's being his town self. We're not here to whip him into playing mafia by the book, we're here to evaluate his alignment. Posting little content isn't a scumtell with the majority of players.

Your vote is opportunistic because the Max wagon had come to a halt. You've just thrown a shovel of coal in the engine - FOR NO REASON other than, and I paraphrase, you re-read the game and you ONLY see Max. That's a totally lazy opportunistic scum move.

Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:39 am

I'm not here to "whip him into playing by the book", but if someone is playing in an anti-town manner - and it is anti-town to post no content and active-lurk - then I'm going to vote for them. Simple as. I can't help but feel that this is just a massive chainsaw on your part, DGB.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:07 am

He's not really playing in an anti-town manner. Just saying he's not posting as much content as you'd like, when there are worse lurkers, isn't quite right. Max is always some flavor of active lurking anyway. That doesn't harm the town if he casts his vote intelligently.

zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:12 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Vi: Why am I not scum?
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:25 am

Post by Max »

I'm going to give you an ultimatum. If I live through till tonight the town will win. I give you my word on that. If not it will be impossible for any alignment to win. Seriously.

Oh, and also people I suggest you decide quickly because if you don't it'll be a no lynch.
CounselWolf
CounselWolf
Goon
CounselWolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:35 am

Post by CounselWolf »

Max wrote:I'm going to give you an ultimatum. If I live through till tonight the town will win. I give you my word on that. If not it will be impossible for any alignment to win. Seriously.

Oh, and also people I suggest you decide quickly because if you don't it'll be a no lynch.
So why should we believe you?
Show
"I cannot fiddle, but I can make a great state out of a little city." - Themistocles

Megaton Mafia is in the works.

"And when the woman I love presents me with a child the first words it shall utter will be : CF Riot" - Hymn to CF Riot
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:41 am

Max wrote:I'm going to give you an ultimatum. If I live through till tonight the town will win. I give you my word on that. If not it will be impossible for any alignment to win. Seriously.

Stop with the NK-bait hints and let's lynch some scum.

Who are you voting?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:42 am

We have a week to lynch KoC. No reason to panic.

CounselWolf
CounselWolf
Goon
CounselWolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:45 am

Post by CounselWolf »

DrippingGoofball wrote:We have a week to lynch KoC. No reason to panic.
Sarcasm?

Sorry, but your vote is still for Yaw. Are you swinging towards KoC now?
Show
"I cannot fiddle, but I can make a great state out of a little city." - Themistocles

Megaton Mafia is in the works.

"And when the woman I love presents me with a child the first words it shall utter will be : CF Riot" - Hymn to CF Riot
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:14 pm

I'm going to give you an ultimatum. If I live through till tonight the town will win. I give you my word on that. If not it will be impossible for any alignment to win. Seriously.

Okay, I'm sorry, but THIS is definitely scummy.
"Don't lynch me, because then no-one can win!" and then threatening people with the no-lynch hanging over our heads. Seriously? Is this your best defence?

Oh, and DGB, if you think I'm scum, put your money where your mouth is. Otherwise, please shut up and make a proper case on someone else who actually is scum.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”