US Election 08 Mafia(Someone has won, has America lost?)

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Max wrote:I'm going to give you an ultimatum. If I live through till tonight the town will win. I give you my word on that. If not it will be impossible for any alignment to win. Seriously.
I have a really hard time believing that, Max. I can't imagine the mod making a role so strong that "if it lives through day 1, town wins; if not, no one wins". That dosn't really make any sense at all.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:21 pm

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

It's just another variation on the typical scum-claim of "Town can't afford to kill me".
CounselWolf
CounselWolf
Goon
CounselWolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:24 pm

Post by CounselWolf »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:It's just another variation on the typical scum-claim of "Town can't afford to kill me".
These are my thoughts.

However, I want to see how Max justifies this. In fact, I'm looking forward to it.
Show
"I cannot fiddle, but I can make a great state out of a little city." - Themistocles

Megaton Mafia is in the works.

"And when the woman I love presents me with a child the first words it shall utter will be : CF Riot" - Hymn to CF Riot
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:51 pm

I really doubt Max has an explanation for it.
At least, I doubt he has one other than him being scum.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:40 pm

Post by Yaw »

Max wrote:KoC there is no argument to defend myself against so why bother doing so
Either you're flat out lying, or you're completely disconnected from reality. I've posted specific points that you've done that are scummy. So have others. This is not even remotely believable.
DrippingGoofball wrote:You should give a damn that he's being his town self. We're not here to whip him into playing mafia by the book, we're here to evaluate his alignment.
Posting little content isn't a scumtell with the majority of players.
Bolded statement is false. May be true for specific players, but you'd need to prove it for their meta specifically. For most people, active lurking is a scumtell, because they're trying to avoid posting anything that would let them get caught.
Max wrote:I'm going to give you an ultimatum. If I live through till tonight the town will win. I give you my word on that. If not it will be impossible for any alignment to win. Seriously.

Oh, and also people I suggest you decide quickly because if you don't it'll be a no lynch.
No way in hell I'm unvoting without a claim now. What this hints at is not believable.
Success breeds suspicion
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:30 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Ok. I'm back from my V/LA, and will catch up with this game as fast as I can, which will hopefully be tomorrow after work (since it's getting lat today).
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:48 pm

Post by kuribo »

Oh, and also people I suggest you decide quickly because if you don't it'll be a no lynch.
Hey man, you wanna stop digging that hole long enough to actually tell us why you shouldn't be the lynch?

Vote: Max
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:54 pm

Post by Vi »

Quick post to say: Max needs to claim. He needed to claim when he said we didn't want to kill him, but better late than never.

My non-Max lynch preferences still stand.

Will answer the other posts when I wake up.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:45 am

Post by ortolan »

sorry, I've (again) been less active in this game than I would have liked.
EmpTyger (719) wrote:So, was your Yaw/EmpTyger comment just blustering in the hope that someone else would run with it?
Please, I now see what Vi meant about you "aggressively twisting people's words". Yes my response was belated, I apologise.

and anyone else I might I might have attacked (e.g. EmpTyger) now takes a backseat to Max who simply cannot make comments like:
Max (744) wrote:I'm going to give you an ultimatum. If I live through till tonight the town will win. I give you my word on that. If not it will be impossible for any alignment to win. Seriously.

And expect not to made to claim/be lynched. You claim you dying will prevent *every* alignment from winning? That's just moronic...

Claim please.

For the record my main case against EmpTyger was his over-aggressiveness when pursuing easy targets e.g. Natirasha, to some extent zwet (although I agreed at the time), Max and the whole "active lurking" thing where I thought he was hoping to get away with painting a whole bunch of people as lurkers and only came up with a post-hoc justification for this position on me by spelling out exactly how many times I'd posted in this game compared to others. One of the obvious retorts is that lurking in and of itself isn't scummy, especially when it's not happening in the present, so his case seemed like a big stretch.

But I am re-considering you as a possible aggressive town player, as I have no experience with playing with you previously.

But yes, I agree with him on the Max wagon now, Max's play can only be regarded as inexplicable now.

I would vote but I believe he's on L-2 and I don't trust some people in this game not to hammer prior to a claim/consideration of it.

Max, claim.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:11 am

Post by Max »

Stop with the NK-bait hints and let's lynch some scum.

Who are you voting?
Well as far I can remember it was charter. Do you want me to back-up your KoC lynch?
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:16 am

Post by Max »

Either you're flat out lying, or you're completely disconnected from reality. I've posted specific points that you've done that are scummy. So have others. This is not even remotely believable.
You've posted points that I've been scummy but not an argument I can defend from. You have completely misunderstood everything.

Oh, by the way people I've been bread crumbing my role for some time now you just seem to be compulsive ignorers.
CounselWolf
CounselWolf
Goon
CounselWolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:26 am

Post by CounselWolf »

Max wrote:
Oh, by the way people I've been bread crumbing my role for some time now you just seem to be compulsive ignorers.
So is this an outright refusal of claiming?

I think your options right now are:

1)claim
2)die

and even if you do claim, we may still kill you.

HoS: Max

I'm waiting.
Show
"I cannot fiddle, but I can make a great state out of a little city." - Themistocles

Megaton Mafia is in the works.

"And when the woman I love presents me with a child the first words it shall utter will be : CF Riot" - Hymn to CF Riot
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:39 am

Post by ortolan »

What the fuck kind of breadcrumb is "all factions will lose if I'm lynched", unless you're trying to breadcrumb that your character is some sort of a compulsive liar?
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:26 am

Post by Max »

ortolan, my character is compulsive. Also for people who want to look for the breadcrumbs. Because I'm sure I'm not telling you.

The strongest I can tell is my post 23 is strongest, followed by 7, my arguments against town using vig as second lynch.

And for the other part of my role my last post is useful. Especially the bolded part. I will not be name claiming because of the highly important role in the 2000 election, which many will instantly presume I rigged it.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:36 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Hm... You're an omnipotent god who knows the mod's identity. Is it okay for me to investigate you tonight or does your role act like a PGO?
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:43 am

Post by Max »

Zwet, I'd be happy for you to investigate me tonight. And I would also suggest the doctor protects you so we can get good results from the nights' work.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:13 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

I don't particularly need a doc protect, as the Mafia is likely to not kill me so as to make me look more suspicious tomorrow. We don't even know if there is a doctor.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:23 am

Post by Yaw »

Max wrote:You've posted points that I've been scummy but not an argument I can defend from. You have completely misunderstood everything.
Not entirely true. While knowing more information than you should isn't defensible short of a claim, you could certainly explain why you've been smearing Yos2 and I.
Max's Post 23 wrote:Erm, yes I am I mean we have to kill 2 opposing factions (at least) but the main reason I'm here is so I can have fun.
Why go out and say this is a joke post when it can be a subtle hint about.

Yos, scum always vote me, any one who has voted me in this game will die. I can tell you that. I'm the easy target Yadda Yadda Yadda.

I'm insulted that no-one has realised, who really needs to verbalise their opinions when the can cut out the middle man (day) and just get straight to the point.
So your strongest clue is that anyone that has voted you in this game will die? Wha?
Max's Post 7 wrote:I find it interesting is that everyone is saying, oh the vig will do it. So the simple solution is to let the vig scum-hunt, they may be an awful scum hunter but the town should not try to order the vig what to do, if they treat it like a second lynch they will eventually ask them to kill themselves. Personally i don't thin nat is scum. Yos, is Nat your scum buddy? if not is there another scum group? and do you think it is plausible that an SK could be shot it a large game?

My presumption to the first three questions is No, Yes, No
Because there are probably the two major parties having their own election victory plans.
I doubt an SK would be NKable in a game like this
Therefore, I doubt Nat would claim SK and be lynched which would be inevitable, therefore he isn't scum
Besides the ridiculous logic about Nat, and the lame attempt to smear Yos2, all that's in here suggests you might know something you shouldn't (which is what charter was calling you on in the first place).

All told, not helpful. If you won't nameclaim, claim what your role does. Your alternative is for us to assume you're making empty threats and lynch you.
Success breeds suspicion
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:50 am

Post by Idiotking »

Mmm, just saw Max's statement. I agree with the general sentiment, declaring that you have such an essential role that if you get lynched it's impossible for the town to win... that's just bizarre. So yeah, Max, claim or we might just find out who you are when we lynch you.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:26 am

Max's post 7 wrote: I doubt an SK would be NKable in a game like this
Max, are you claiming Bulletproof Serial Killer-a-like or something?
At the very least, I want a nameclaim. Preferably a fullclaim.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:31 am

Post by magnus_orion »

Big Onion - Your posts seem "off" to me... for instance, #21 and #22. The FoS on Idiotking seems very weak.
The fos is weak. I just didn't say it was. Sorry for assuming you could judge for yourselves.
Do I know you from somewhere, or is that joke one you came up with on your own? Maybe my name is just easy to make fun of?
I can't really say anything about my posts seeming "off"
I'm going to give you an ultimatum. If I live through till tonight the town will win. I give you my word on that. If not it will be impossible for any alignment to win. Seriously.

wtf?

"If I'm not lynched, town wins."
um, the obvious question is of course, "why?"
And what reason do we have to trust your word that you living 'til night 1 is essential to town's victory?
Show
Why, yes, I do exist simply to make your life a living hell.
Win-Loss
Town: 10-3
Scum: 5-2
Serial Killer: 0-2
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:32 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

zwetschenwasser wrote:I don't particularly need a doc protect, as the Mafia is likely to not kill me so as to make me look more suspicious tomorrow. We don't even know if there is a doctor.
WOW that's is soooo scummy... not that I'd lynch a claimed cop on day 1... on even on day 2... but jeez... you sound like fakeclaiming scum with an explanation as to why he's never going to be nightkilled...
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:02 am

THat's... almost as bad as "If you lynch me, all sides lose!", eh Max?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:42 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Lay off Max. Max is town. It is confirmed.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:44 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Lay off Max. Max is town. It is confirmed.
He's really not "confirmed" town, DGB. He's done nothing useful all game, he's consistatnly acted scummy, he's refused to answer questions or defend himself, and he gave one of the most unbelivable claim's I've seen since that time I claimed flying pumpkin.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”