Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:04 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Also: Moratorium should list who he imprisoned last night.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:04 am

Post by ortolan »

It says nothing about nominating a percentage if you say "yes" and the other person says "no" in the rules...
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:06 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

ortolan wrote:It says nothing about nominating a percentage if you say "yes" and the other person says "no" in the rules...
Son of a.... You're right.
Machiavellian-Mafia wrote:7. I will publicly announce the Yes/No answers for prison interrogations and the Percentages given in the Yes-Yes PD scenario.
Either Machiavellian-Mafia didn't do the percentage thing, or he won't reveal it. It's moot.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:11 am

Post by ortolan »

There were no Yes/Yes pairings and thus no percentages were nominated...
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:39 am

Post by Moratorium »

I captured Percy last night.
Men's evil manners live in brass; their virtues we write in water.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:15 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Moratorium wrote:I captured Percy last night.
Percy? Did you receive any notification of this that would confirm?

I acknowledge that no notification doesn't mean that Moratorium is lying.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:21 am

Post by Moratorium »

I didn't receive any word from the mod about my night action. I'm hoping Percy may have.

I picked Percy because he appears to talk a lot, and I was just looking for someone who could help confirm my night ability, not choosing someone that I felt needed to be roleblocked or protected (because at this early stage, I wouldn't know who that would be).

Earlier, in a complete misunderstanding of my role, I attempted to roleblock/protect Ectomancer, thinking I could save him from any injections. This failed (and I was told so by the mod) because:

a) It wasn't night, it was some middle-of-the-day prison phase.
b) Ectomancer was already in prison.
c) I can't protect anyone from the injections.
Men's evil manners live in brass; their virtues we write in water.
zachattack
zachattack
Goon
zachattack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:25 am

Post by zachattack »

Dayvig:RossWilliam

This should be academic. If he claims the daycop ability we let him use it before we vig him, but there is no reason not to vig him today, he was supposed to die last night. The doc protection is only good the following night, so we don't have to worry about that.

As for the sending plan, all scum is horrible, we'll be sacrificing three townies, assuming we were right yesterday. But I still want to scumhunt, especially since one of our dayvigs is in prison and we have to use the other one on a player who was supposed to die last night. Thus I suggest we send our two towniest players with DGB and Plum, and our scummiest with Sly. Sly's miller claim makes him an acceptable loss.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:18 am

Post by Percy »

I received absolutely no notification that I was imprisoned. None.
solorpg
solorpg
Goon
solorpg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:03 am

Post by solorpg »

ortolan wrote:And RossWilliam definitely needs to claim before the vig is used. If he took doc protection the vig will be wasted on him. Otherwise the double vote is next to useless, and the next day prisoner immunity is useless as he's unlikely to be sent to prison but rather vigged tomorrow. But yes, tell us what you got RossWilliam.
As I asked the mod yesterday, night-choice doc protects do not prevent dayvigging. Thus, the only choices would be daycopping or Prison protection. He needs to claim his choice last night so that we can direct his cop usage, hopefully. If he chose Prison Immunity, then we have two anti-town night choices from the scumpair imprisoned.

I think the all-town play is better, since everyone auto-imprisoned seems to have done as they were told last night, so we can try a re-run of Plan 2 from yesterday. I'm waiting on my vig-vote, since we need RW to comment before we try to kill anyone.
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:34 am

Post by RossWilliam »

I'm here! Please don't vig me yet. I'm town, I did what the town wanted. Let me see what happened and catch up real quick.
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:38 am

Post by RossWilliam »

I chose investigate and 100%. I wasn't rushing back to check the thread because I was expecting to be dead.
zachattack
zachattack
Goon
zachattack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:55 am

Post by zachattack »

Ok, I still want to vig Ross. But we should let him investigate someone first. If he does end up town, we have a rock solid result on someone.
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:41 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

I'm the only person with any kind of investigation, right? How are we gonna decide who I target? A vote?
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:49 pm

Post by Narsis »

ok wow. that kinda sucks. there goes all our powers except a single DK. at least we got that...traditional lynch to the rescue!

anyway...i'm not sure if we can trust RW's cop result anyway. he was sent in as a scum last night after all. we have no reason to trust him. however, i don't think we should outright vig him because it wasn't his fault for his survival today...and we could probably find a better target for the DK.
Record:
Town: 1W/3L

Mafia: 1W/0L

Other: 0W/0L
zachattack
zachattack
Goon
zachattack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:20 pm

Post by zachattack »

He investigates, then gets daykilled. If he's scum, we've got a scum and ignore the result he gives us. If he's town, we have a rock solid investigation result. As for who he should target, I don't know if we should go for a player who we can't get a read on, or a player who is acting scummy. I suggest either killa seven, who's posted nothing except to say he's in over his head, or Narsis, who came in third in the voting for scum yesterday. I read AA in isolation, and there is a lot that points to him and narsis being scumbuddies.
As for Narsis, I hadn't noted anything scummy from him. He rightfully pegged freeko as frantic newb townie. I agree freeko looked scummy to me but "frantic newb town" wasn't out of the question and in the end Narsis was right about him.
This was his 7th post.
My top picks for scum and town currently are:

Town:
DrippingGoofball
Plum
ortolan
Percy

Scum:
Empking
Albert B. Rampage
Narsis
This was his 11th, there was nothing really in between to signify why Narsis was all of a sudden in his top 3.

His scum sends were empking and ABR, despite the fact that Narsis had a chance of going in Rosses place, and ABR didn't, as abstract was the first to vote for him. I think that this deserves investigation.

So yeah, investigate killa 7 if we want to get a read on someone we have no idea about, Narsis if we want to confirm a scummy player.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:26 pm

Post by Lowell »

Okay I took cop instead of vig. I read someone suggested I should take cop and sly take vig.

Regardless, even if that's not right, daycop is a better option this early in the game. I'm willing to take suggestions on who I should investigate.

Shall we send sly and I to prison again tonight?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:28 pm

Post by Lowell »

FTR, I think the 3 folks in prison again were sent by scum. It's the 3 people they expected to have investigative roles, and were less worried about a dayvig than a daycop.
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:41 pm

Post by Narsis »

hmmm...so we don't even get the normal lynch. sigh.
Record:

zachattack
zachattack
Goon
zachattack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:30 pm

Post by zachattack »

Regardless, even if that's not right, daycop is a better option this early in the game. I'm willing to take suggestions on who I should investigate.
No it's not. We need to lynch somebody. We might as well all act at random if no ones going to go along with plans. It is pointless to have a plan if people are going to go against it. Where's the post that you read that you should take cop and sly should take vig? Is it this one?
Plum wrote:
Lowell and SlySly: You are both to choose anwer NO; Lowell is to choose dayvig powers and SlySly to choose daycop powers. You risk being dayvigged if you do not.

DrippingGoofball and Plum: You are both to choose anwer NO; DrippingGoofball is to choose dayvig powers and Plum to choose daycop powers. You risk being dayvigged if you do not.

Can't hurt, can it?
This solidifies in my mind the need to send at least one scummy player to jail tonight, with sly, with the expectation that sly will kill them, and right now I'm leaning towards Lowell. He was the only one of the four "townie" players who made it out of prison and he took an unverifiable ability instead of the ability he was supposed to take, which we could have easily verified. At least Ross did what was asked of him. Not to mention I thought Sly's miller claim was more legit than Lowells.

Regardless, seeing as he's claiming daycop, we might as well put it to good use. I don't trust either player, but more information is always good. My suggestions for the investigations are Narsis and Killa Seven.
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:17 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

I'm pretty sure it's not quoting the mod to describe the post sending the abilities? There's no time limit to make the choices. I picked my own ability after I read the the posts prior to my first one suggesting an investigate was needed, and actually made the PM confirming my ability in between my first two posts of the day. I was expecting to be dead today and had to find out quickly what ability would be most beneficial to the town and pick that one. Lowell might have done the same thing, thinking his improvisation was helping the town. Lowell, when did you actually make your choice?
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:17 pm

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

Lowell wrote:FTR, I think the 3 folks in prison again were sent by scum. It's the 3 people they expected to have investigative roles, and were less worried about a dayvig than a daycop.
I think this is pretty obvious to everyone.

Yeah, I'm back. I'm rereading all of my games now so patience. I finally have a consistent work schedule, so I can schedule a block of time for mafia.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:44 pm

Post by ortolan »

vote for who we want investigated

Vote: Narsis
Vote: Moratorium
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:03 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I will also
Vote: Narsis
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:45 am

Post by Narsis »

sigh...i bet i can predict what's going to happen...

anyway...what are we going to do after investigates?
Record:

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”