Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:08 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Mod: Please note my sig. I will try to read and post when I come out of V/LA. This game is now on top of my to-do list.

vote count

wall-e (2): strangercoug, seraphim
tenchi (2): wall-e, popsofctown
peter? (1): tenchi
seraphim (1): zazier
strangercoug (1): hp [leaves]

not voting: everyone else

with 9 alive it is 5 to lynch
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:43 pm

Post by Wall-E »

Tenchi wrote:
popsofctown wrote:The way Tenchi discusses the NK borders on confession
I don't think my IQ allows me to do that. :roll: (Read: I'm not completely stupid and hopeless.) I just posted an observation. The motivation behind the NK actually tells us the priorities of the said group as scum.
One of the strongest newbie scum-tells has always been commentary on NKs. There's something about the psychology of the game that typically prompts people to comment on their own handiwork. It's like that kid who fingerpaints a picture and isn't sure if it's good, so he stands near it loudly commenting on it to see who agrees or disagrees with his words. It doesn't matter much what he says, good or bad, about the painting, it's more the fact that he's commenting in the first place. I'd say at this point I'm looking at everything you do more closely, both because my own neck may ride on you being scum after the strong push I've made against you, and because the entire game may hinge on you being scum. This latest tell from you is reassuring to me, to say the least, but I've frankly been standing a bit closer to the fence on you since you started the long commentary. It was fairly pro-town of you. Still, upon reflection, I have to agree with pops. I myself fell for this scumtell somewhat recently and got caught as scum, so I know the bitter taste of it well.

rambling post is rambling
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:17 pm

Post by hp [leaves] »

Tenchi wrote:
But it's good to know it was your scum faction that killed hp.
Then maybe we are on opposite factions! *gasp* Glad you guys were more intelligent that we were and you got Doc out!
This confession is stronger than SC's scumtells.

Unvote, vote Tenchi

Mod, please note sig.
We must embrace the pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:19 pm

Post by hp [leaves] »

Tenchi has skyrocketed on my chart.

T--------------------OBVSCUM-------------SC----|----W-----------OBVTOWN
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:43 am

Post by popsofctown »

seraphim, return to the game and help us lynch Tenchi

hp [leaves], where am i on your scum chart?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:06 am

Post by Wall-E »

hp [leaves] wrote:Tenchi has skyrocketed on my chart.

T--------------------OBVSCUM-------------SC----|----W-----------OBVTOWN
It's kinda weird that there are only three people on your list.

Also, way to paint a target on my back :P
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:13 am

Post by Wall-E »

hp [leaves] wrote:
Tenchi wrote:
But it's good to know it was your scum faction that killed hp.
Then maybe we are on opposite factions! *gasp* Glad you guys were more intelligent that we were and you got Doc out!
This confession is stronger than SC's scumtells.

Unvote, vote Tenchi

Mod, please note sig.
Doc and hp were the two who died on N1. Doc was eaten, hp was shot. It's not a HUGE stretch of the imagination that he made this post as sarcastic town after being accused of shooting hp. Why are you contrasting/comparing Tenchi to SC?

How will Tenchi's flip effect your perception of the thread? How will it effect your perception of SC?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:20 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Mod: Please note my sig as well.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:29 pm

Post by hp [leaves] »

Wall-E wrote:Doc and hp were the two who died on N1. Doc was eaten, hp was shot. It's not a HUGE stretch of the imagination that he made this post as sarcastic town after being accused of shooting hp. Why are you contrasting/comparing Tenchi to SC?

How will Tenchi's flip effect your perception of the thread? How will it effect your perception of SC?
SC stays the same on my chart. Tenchi has just claimed mafia by commenting on the nightkill and admitting he's mafia. (Sarcastic, I know; but claiming to be mafia is always one of the stronger scumtells)
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:14 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Mod: I hereby request replacement. See updated sig for reason.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:10 am

Post by popsofctown »

you're going to make thadmiral cry

he's right, that crying in the post above is me...
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:13 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

I know, but unfortunately I can't help it :(

Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:35 am

Post by Wall-E »

hp [leaves] wrote:claiming to be mafia is always one of the stronger scumtells
I can't argue with that.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:03 am

Post by Wall-E »

Mod: How about them modkills?

considering once again...
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:10 am

Post by popsofctown »

as for me, i'm definitely happy to be more patient with replacements than to resort to modkilling. Modkilling is just pretty bad.
"Well, I..."
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:02 pm

Post by Tenchi »

Will post in within 24-48 hours.
Yes. That same Tenchi. :D

Reicheru and Tenchi begin to bond more, sending love letters to each other.
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:19 pm

Post by Tenchi »

225: Sekinj tells me I didn’t make sense in my case on Wall-E on 219.

226: TownPops jokes that he hasn’t graduated to 3rd grade yet – that I should explain even better.

227: DEADLINE IS SET

228: TownPops requests a prod/rep for Peter

229: TownDoc requests everyone to vote for TownPops

231: TownPops responds to the mod requesting rep/prods for Seraphim

232: I restate my case on Wall-E summarizing it with:

"Either you (Wall-E) selectively read, forgot (that discussing masonry is bad), or one sneaky scum."

233: Soveliss posts something weird:
I think it would be best to drop the mason thing as trying to build a case on someone using this is pointless.
I mean was he addressing my case on Wall-E? I thought I was the guy chasing Wall-E for the mason-thing? And now that we have discussed that talking about masonry is scummy, then should we not pursue hints of people sneaking in something about it?

234-237: So TownPops asks Soveliss this: What should cases be built on then, soveliss, right now?

Soveliss: I was thinking on you.

TownPops: Why are you voting me right now Soveliss?

Soveliss then consistently restates his reasons from 145.

238: Seraphim does a “quick reread”. He states he doesn’t like TownPops and restates Soveliss’s reasons for suspecting TownPops.

239: TownHP asks: “Uhh, Pops, why did you revote tenchi twice?”

240: TownPops is resolved that he is the day’s lynch (bad town play). He then bargains with town (looking more like scum) that if he is scum, he’d still have value to town since he is looking for scum of the opposite faction.

TownPops breaks down TownDoc’s 229 saying that TownDoc seems to have slipped with his “Dear Guise” opening. It sounds as if he was requesting his partner or separate scum group to follow through with the lynch. Or a scum requesting the rest of the town to follow through with the lynch (a request, a “plz” from the town). TownDoc gets an FoS.

241: Zazie confronts Budja with his dodginess in answering questions.

Zazie promises to address TownPops 198 later (the case on the random vote changing function). Zazie asks TownPops to analyze Peter’s post (I’m not sure which one).

242: Town Pops replies “I sort of analyzed P?'s post once, i'll do it again.”

243: Soveliss is bothered by TownPops’s 240. He brands it as “scum in danger”.

244: TownDoc addresses TownPops’s case on him on 240. He calls the case BS (after taking the case apart) and accuses TownPops of flailing.

246-248: TownPops accuses TownDoc of Ad Hominem (replying to an argument or factual claim by attacking or appealing to a characteristic or belief of the person making the argument or claim, rather than by addressing the substance of the argument or producing evidence against the claim)

TownPops asks TownDoc a pointless question.

TownPops then withdraws his ad hom accusation but goes on to explain his weak-tell on TownDoc. He mentions he is still waiting for Seraphim. He also asks everyone to remind him of the most urgent, outstanding question.

249: I Wikipedia Ad hom. I also encourage Pops that if he is feeling he’s leaving, then he should give a list of suspicions that can help us either work a different lynch, or (in case he is lynched and he is town) get a better, more favorable result the next day.

250: TownPops responds to my request at 249, but says he needs more RL time.

251: TownDoc reminds “hp, sekinj and blueheaven need to commit to a vote.”

252: TownPops continues to dig for suspects (we, town, didn’t give him much credit for this as we should’ve). He attacks Seraphim for his statement (somewhere earlier). TownPops: “How can something be null tell if and only if it's alone?”

253: TownHP jumps on the wagon and votes TownPops. I don’t even understand the rationale of his vote… “Saying someone is scummy because he revoted and then revoting twice?” Who was that “someone ” and “he”?

254: ZazieR asks me a good question: “Why is it good to speculate masonry?”

She also notices the absence of Peter and Seraphim. ZazieR reacts on Wall-E’s post and asks him to explain the second sentence (I don’t know what she was driving at):

“WILL THIS POST GET ME AN EVEN BIGGER FOS?!

I HOPE NOT!!”

ZazieR lists her top 3 scummy players: Budja, Pops and BH. (
1 Budja (tatatadum...)
-Not answering questions aimed at him.
-Voting as Soveliss saw hp's question as scummy (why Soveliss and not somebody else who gave comments about hp's post)
-Comments about over-focusing on Tenchi
-Saying Tenchi is highly scummy, without telling why he thinks this.
-'Keeping friends', better known as not scumhunting. He also gave his 'list' of suspicions once. However, his list had only Soveliss on it as Pops was neutral to him.
-His comments about 'Tencho making errors all over the place'.

2 Pops
-His first questions aimed at Soveliss (see his 3rd post)
-Bckpedalling
-Wanted to explain an unvote if Tenchi was at L-1. (See his 10th post which has to do with his ninth post)
-Still no analysis about what P? has said
-Doing the same of which he accused Tenchi of. (see his 12th post and his 36th post)
-The 'he's not a mason' part
-His post 36 reminds me of FL's post in Mini 646.

3 BH
-His comment about hp's question
-Newbie Defence regarding a newbie in his previous game
-Many times that he was online without posting, and now his 'disappearance'
-Meta defence on himself perhaps?
-His lack of scumhunting
256: Wall-E replies to ZazieR’s 254 telling her “it was sarcastic”.

257-258: Wall-E suspects Budja “for a "cease-fire" without offering alternate targets”. He notes he can vote for TownPops or ZazieR but believes TownPops is more townie than Z.

Wall-E addresses Sekinj's question: “@ wall-e: you seem to want to defend pops? why is that?”

Wall-E craftily explains his stance without saying the M-word “It was less that I was defending him and more that I was calling attention to specific things he's said that I feel are good for us all to notice.”

He repeats his suspicion on me (on 211, which I think I was clear on why I suspected both TownPops and Wall-E, and for my lynch “wagon” dying.) and TownHP.

Wall-E then votes Budja.

He then prods BH, Peter and me.

259-260: Peter and Budja ask for replacement.

261-262: TownDoc justifies that he needs to push for a vote since the game has been dominated by lurkers with discussion stalled. He mentions that “voting for somebody who is in the verge of being replaced is a cop out.” He then challenges TownHP to expand his reasons/reactions from his one-line justifications (which “seems opportunistic”).

264: ZazieR defends her vote and expresses she wants to lynch Budja (while waiting for what a Budja replacer has to say).

265: SekinJ votes for TownPops. He notes: “Pops had me pretty convinced of his scummitude until just recently. However, I think maybe he changed under the pressure, so he is still my best suspect for today.”

Changed better or for worse? If for the better, then why vote for him? If for worse, why use “however”?

266: TownPops expresses confusion(?) over the wagon on him calling it “mindless”. He asks town if they don’t mind him restating the case on me.

267: Seraphim expresses he’d vote for Budja if he wasn’t being replaced (voting for the ceasefire and the “feel of his posts”). He keeps his vote on TownPops because of the mason-hunt and his vote-revote thing.

268: Wall-E implodes. He explains that Budja asked to be replaced after Wall-E committed to a vote.

269: I know TownHP was town but I don’t know what he means in this one!
hp [leaves] wrote:
popsofctown wrote:unvoting and revoting just mean i think he's getting even more suspicious
It's this one.

unvote

(You can clearly see my mistake I think.)
270: I answer ZazieR’s question on 254 by linking back to 203.

I express my interest on wanting to hear what a Budja replacement will say. I then encourage/give permission to TownPops to restate his case on me.

I then express my confusion over TownHP asking him who is he voting for and why.

I then prod BH.

271: Wall-E says if a Tenchi would push through, he’d vote for me. But he really prefers a Budja lynch.

272: TownPops restates his case against me:

- Using self-meta for my defense
- If/when
- STFU

(I think this is a weak case against me since one was driven by emotion and the other two very semantic.)

TownPops follows up with a suspicion against Budja noting that Budja also used a “confirm vote” similar to what TownPops was doing.

274: Seraphim puts TownPops at L-1 and asks for a claim.

275: Wall-E expresses his disagreement with a TownPops lynch. He says that he can’t say the reasons because it’s taboo.

276: TownPops votes Seraphim. He notes that Seraphim is:
…mistaken. I think he's empathizing/sharing minds too closely with a person who has stated multiple times why I'm scummy, his scumpartner who he's daytalking too. And i think he's joining that person in voting me, and already asking for a claim so he can gather night information.

Or maybe he wants to assert that he's "stated it a few times" just to conceal the fact that he has not said enough for this to be much other than an opportunistic bandwagon-hop vote. Either way, this looks really really bad to me.
277: Wall-E throws a BH vote because of lurking/disappearance.

278: TownDoc mentions he would have voted for me if it wasn’t for one of Wall-E’s posts (not sure which one.) He continues to note that TownPops is the best informational lynch there is. He then further mentions:
Seraphim's assertion of having stated his opinion of pops multiple times is off a bit, but not enough to stop the pops wagon
This is the same post where he mentions he’d say some things on Wall-E. (Not sure if it was pro or anti).

279: Wall-E replies:
What's the point of a claim if you're planning to hammer regardless? Faced with that choice, I'd tell you to eat me. Also, if you have something to say about me, say it. What's the point in waiting?
Good point but I am more interested by the “eat” word-choice.

280: TownDoc tells Wall-E to stop fishing (not sure what he meant by this). He also notes that a claim would be helpful but unlikely.

281: Wall-E implodes for not being sure of what he was fishing about.

282: TownDoc replies: “Fishing for information. Specifically, I will say what I have to say about you when I deem it will help the town. Right now it won't. I'm not attacking you currently so chill.”

283-284. Mod makes mistake. Day One ends and Day Two begins.

(I will reread my notes soon and cross check them with the current events. After that I'll state a case/set of questions.)

Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:23 pm

Post by Tenchi »

I will ask for a modkill if it only kills scum
or if it puts Townies in an even chance to win this game. *notes that Pops was prematurely lynched which was one point against Townies*

I think this game has too much lurking/replacing in/out.

Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Post by Wall-E »

I would call most of those "explosions" rather than "implosions." Implosion has a flavor of lack-of-self-control, imo. All those citations are me displaying my anger and *meaning* it.

I'm having a hard time deciding if it's ethical to say, "I agree to a modkill only if it kills scum."

I know my alignment, and I know that the odds are better than 50% that if half of everyone who isn't me died right now, town would come out on top.

If you can sort that statement out, more power to you.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:58 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

ACTIVES:
popsofctown
wall-e
tenchi
hp [leaves]
seraphim

INACTIVES:
strangercoug :cry:
zazier
sekinj
peter?

I'm going to prod and ask for replacements, but if nothing happens in a week...

[/i]

:evil: :evil:
MODKILLS!!!!11
:evil: :evil:
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:31 am

Post by Wall-E »

Seraphim: Since you've been listed as active, can you please answer the questions addressed to you?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:18 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Jenethron replaces Zazier.
Jenethron
Jenethron
Townie
Jenethron
Townie
Townie

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:23 pm

Post by Jenethron »

Hello! I will have a post with my thoughts hopefully by tomorrow.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:25 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

BlakAdder replaces Strangercoug.

Sweet. :)
Seraphim
Seraphim