Brocktree
Brocktree
Goon
Brocktree
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:30 pm

Post by Brocktree »

Say a scummy scum hunter kills two scum in a row. Then you kill him.

He kills one scum. Then a townie. Id lynch him as soon as he killed a townie: I dont want to wait around for him to do it again.
Warring factions: A devious game of idiots
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:32 pm

Post by dejkha »

Brocktree wrote:Say a scummy scum hunter kills two scum in a row. Then you kill him.

He kills one scum. Then a townie. Id lynch him as soon as he killed a townie: I dont want to wait around for him to do it again.
I'd wait to see if it happened again. You know why? Because if he got that first scum lynch, it would show he was legitimately scumhunting and he couldn't have known the second time would be town.
"You say that all my posts are stupid like a motherf***ing SOB. I'm sick and tired of your constant BS." - Zwet to me.

"Fuck you... You're a pompous, ignorant fool, dejkha, and I don't appreciate your incessant badmouthing of me." - Zwet
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:39 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Scum can't be trusted. It wouldn't work.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:41 pm

Post by dejkha »

zwetschenwasser wrote:Scum can't be trusted. It wouldn't work.
When they get scum lynched, I don't care if they can be trusted. It's not a matter of trust.
"You say that all my posts are stupid like a motherf***ing SOB. I'm sick and tired of your constant BS." - Zwet to me.

"Fuck you... You're a pompous, ignorant fool, dejkha, and I don't appreciate your incessant badmouthing of me." - Zwet
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:43 pm

YES IT IS! You can't just have scum on a leash like that, especially when you don't know who they are! If you find that someone's scum, you lynch them. Period!
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:44 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Dej, scum are going to want the other scum group dead. They are more of a threat. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't still be lynching the scummiest players. For example, I think you are scum who is doing a good job of scumhunting. I still want you lynched more than anyone else right now, but I'll listen to your opinions until then.

Anyway, you seem to be arguing more of "I am scumhunting, so keep me around" than "I am not scum". Seems off to me.

If your logic was accepted, and I were lurkerscum, I'd start scumhunting. By then, I wouldn't be able to be lynched. It's flawed logic.

Brock, why the mod vote so long after the RVS?
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:47 pm

Post by hohum »

The noise level in this thread is high. I thought I saw something earlier about Light-Kun waiting for a response from me about something but I can't find it now.

I'm guilty of the same thing, but with this many people in the game can we try to do two things:

1_ Contain our thoughts into fewer posts
2. Stop the petty bickering.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:49 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

hohum wrote: I thought I saw something earlier about Light-Kun waiting for a response from me about something but I can't find it now.
I don't see it. At the bottom of the page, you can sort by only his posts. I don't see anything in his recent posts though.
Brocktree
Brocktree
Goon
Brocktree
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:49 pm

Post by Brocktree »

I voted for the mod as a joke. Just cause it isnt RVS, doesnt mean i cannot feign mock anger. But, since the joke is over;

Vote:zwet
Back to business. =P And i already posted reasons for voting for him when i originally voted for him. Im just finishing the joke.
Warring factions: A devious game of idiots
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:50 pm

Post by dejkha »

zwetschenwasser wrote:YES IT IS! You can't just have scum on a leash like that, especially when you don't know who they are! If you find that someone's scum, you lynch them. Period!
I still don't think you want to understand, but whatever. That's not how I'd feel. Oh well.
Kmd4390 wrote:Dej, scum are going to want the other scum group dead. They are more of a threat. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't still be lynching the scummiest players. For example, I think you are scum who is doing a good job of scumhunting. I still want you lynched more than anyone else right now, but I'll listen to your opinions until then.

Anyway, you seem to be arguing more of "I am scumhunting, so keep me around" than "I am not scum". Seems off to me.

If your logic was accepted, and I were lurkerscum, I'd start scumhunting. By then, I wouldn't be able to be lynched. It's flawed logic.

Brock, why the mod vote so long after the RVS?
I'm not saying don't lynch me. I think my opinions and posts will end up being quite valuable if I am lynched first. As long as people go back I look at everything I've said and everyone I've made cases against, town will have a good chance at winning if I die and flip town. Call it a gut feeling =P

dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:52 pm

Post by dejkha »

hohum wrote:The noise level in this thread is high. I thought I saw something earlier about Light-Kun waiting for a response from me about something but I can't find it now.

I'm guilty of the same thing, but with this many people in the game can we try to do two things:

1_ Contain our thoughts into fewer posts
2. Stop the petty bickering.
Light-kun wrote:To be honest, it isn't a case of more scummy. In my opinion, your attack was good but came out after being under heavy suspicion and all through you have addressed those attacks, you have not yet been able to shed these suspicions. This is going to be "Given."

However, in order to decide if those suspicions raised by Kier and Caboose produce anything, I would need to see hohum's defense. (More notably is a defend to 533.)

In short, I think reactions are more telling and my vote may switch pending on hohum's answer. It really is that simple.

Further:
If Horse A consistently runs better than Horse B but loses the a later race to Horse B, who has a far worse record. Do you immediately switch over to betting for B, or do you abstain/continue betting A, waiting to see if the favor switching to B is a fluke or something meaningful.

This analogy explains my current stance on the matter, more or less.

dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:56 pm

Post by dejkha »

And hohum, I'd also like you to refer to this post.

hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:19 pm

Post by hohum »

Post 533 wrote:^what zwet said.
zwet wrote:Scum vibes, Caboose? It called my attention that Wall-E didn't want to pressure Emp at all.
:?:
Elucidate.
hohum wrote:Seriously? "I'm helping you against the other"

Was that a freudian slip, or what! We now know what your alignment is.

Confirm Vote: dejkha
Seriously? Did you just quote-mine dej?
hohum wrote:@Magua: I did miss the "If I am" part, so you're right it changes the meaning slightly. Speaking of selective quoting, dejkha seems to be doing a lot of that, and he's OMGUSd me twice now in one page.

See posts: 492, 483, and in between.
No, OMGUS is crap attacking your attacker. dej has a legit reason to vote you.

I don't get how hohum is turning dej's activity into some sort of scumtell.

hohum is also calling down dej on non-existant OMGUS.
+scumpoints for hohum
I'd like to refer you to post 502:
hohum wrote:How was your vote reasonable? Because I dropped one scumtell? Surely there must have been others that I have been dropping that I am unaware of. Please clarify your position.

Oh, BTW make sure when you do clarify your position your justification is strong, because latching on to one single scumtell 21 pages into D1 is weak justification -- especially when there are much better lynch targets. This certainly reeks of opportunism and OMGUSyness to me.
Tunnel vision on me over one scumtell certainly qualifies as weak justification. The timing of Dej's new found suspicion makes it OMGUSy because he barely reacted to me before I started attempting to build a case on him.
Caboose wrote: No, OMGUS is crap attacking your attacker. dej has a legit reason to vote you.
I disagree. I certainly think he has a reason to be suspicious of me, but he is merely reacting to me. The way he latched onto me like that after I started pestering him is certainly telling.
dejkha wrote:And hohum, I'd also like you to refer to this post.
I'm no longer going to respond to you directly after this post, because even if I responded to you, you'd attempt rebut it and then proceed to ask me to repost my entire case. You would rehash the same argument that we just had and I think that would be a little pointless. The information is already there for people to parse through so there's no need to repost any of it. You're an argumentative little shit and page long arguments are a big distraction.
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:25 pm

Post by dejkha »

hohum wrote: I'm no longer going to respond to you directly after this post, because even if I responded to you, you'd attempt rebut it and then proceed to ask me to repost my entire case. You would rehash the same argument that we just had and I think that would be a little pointless. The information is already there for people to parse through so there's no need to repost any of it. You're an argumentative little shit and page long arguments are a big distraction.
Notice how he still refuses to answer the question. Probably because he knows that it's flat out the opposite of what I said in the post I've been asking him to answer for the last 5 pages and that he's been continually ignoring, probably hoping that not posting will help me forget about it.

White Castle
White Castle
Goon
White Castle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:39 pm

Post by White Castle »

My 2 cents:

dej - My earlier nonsense vote on him has been confirmed by his recent "leave the scum around" tactic. The scum should be very afraid of 6 town power roles.

Speaking of the power roles, it occurs to me that with 1-2 roleblockers and 6 total town power roles (including roleblocker(s)), the roleblocker(s) MAY be better off not roleblocking tonight. If I understand the rules correctly, tonight the scum & ninjas only send in night kills from one member (so 2 night moves). The roleblocker(s) have a better chance of blocking a pro-town power role than scum (but this discounts any Day 1 developments that change the odds).

Emp - he's been overly nitpicky, yet he's posting under two ids. Very classy. The most I got out of his posts were that he's a liability to the town, but not necessarily scum. If we lynch dej I expect Emp to be alive tomorrow.

zwet - I'm in another game with him and my meta is that he's been more useful in this game. His playstyle is scummier than most which is why I think he's attracting votes.

Brock - you've tried to pass off your playstyle as being dynamic and one where you deliberately don't share selected information. You like to set traps (and yet you let people know about it). You played on another site "where 70 percent of the playbase for mafia is downright retarded". Were you part of the 70% or the 30%? You're laying out a bunch of excuses today to lean on in the future. Excuses <> scumhunting.

hohum - your posts started off like gangbusters, but deteriorated. For example, you say that "I'm willing to put money down on the fact that one of these two wagons has scum piled up on it since we have two distinct camps pulling in two different directions. Reaching a consensus will tell us which, and then we can go back to look at the posting history on D2 will give us a good hint as to which wagon that was." However, the scum are in
two groups of two
vs. us
townies. Since one group is unaware of the other, it is highly unlikely that they "
piled
up on it". Further, you made a valid point about dropping one scumtell 21 pages into the game. However, you've only been in the game since about post 322, or page 13. You actually dropped a scumtell about 8 pages into the game since you started playing. Your recent spat with dej could be distancing.

zorblag - your solo vote on me is useless. In your last post you say "Of the more popular wagons I think that I would probably vote for Empking's Alt or zwetschenwasser before dejkha based on my recollection of what I've read but I'll look through things carefully this afternoon and make sure that accurately represents my current views." Did you ever look back to update your current view?
Empking's Alt
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:35 pm

Post by Empking's Alt »

zwetschenwasser wrote:FoS is not a good case to lynch dejkha. And Empking isn't only being annoying, he's distracting the game, and trying to get us into a WIFOM, which is scummier that his usual self.
Quotes, please.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:45 am

Ugh. Please stop annoying us. I sincerely hope you are replaced soon. Stop flooding the thread with irrelevant information. The WIFOM is you vs. dej. By being so fracking annoying it looks like you're trying to distract us from dej, thus the WIFOM. And STOP SAYING QUOTES PLEASE! You're driving me crazy!
White Castle
White Castle
Goon
White Castle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:26 am

Post by White Castle »

Empking's Alt wrote: Quotes, please.
""
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:41 am

Post by dejkha »

White Castle wrote: dej - My earlier nonsense vote on him has been confirmed by his recent "leave the scum around" tactic.
The scum should be very afraid of 6 town power roles.
Again: opinion, not scumtell. Stop trying to get behind other people because that's the big thing on me. You're clearly lurking, so that's it's more than likely that's a reason you're using that.The bolded part was the point I was making and it supports why I think what I think.
zwetschenwasser wrote:Ugh. Please stop annoying us. I sincerely hope you are replaced soon. Stop flooding the thread with irrelevant information. The WIFOM is you vs. dej. By being so fracking annoying it looks like you're trying to distract us from dej, thus the WIFOM. And STOP SAYING QUOTES PLEASE! You're driving me crazy!
Ignore him until he contributes. It's that simple.

dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:48 am

Post by dejkha »

Actually, my bad, you're right about the 6 power roles thing. But still, if they were to get a scum lynch, I'd wait to see if they could again until it was shown that they couldn't. It's more logical that you all care to understand.

zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:16 am

Wait. I didn't understand your last post.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:27 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

The scum should be more afraid of each other than town power roles.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:46 am

Post by don_johnson »

Kmd4390 wrote:The scum should be more afraid of each other than town power roles.
i agree. which makes dej's reasoning even worse. and more of an actual scumtell.

where's afatchic?

*begins handing out buttons that say, "lynch dejkha! it seems like a really good idea!"*
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:39 am

Post by dejkha »

don_johnson wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:The scum should be more afraid of each other than town power roles.
i agree. which makes dej's reasoning even worse. and more of an actual scumtell.

where's afatchic?

*begins handing out buttons that say, "lynch dejkha! it seems like a really good idea!"*
Explain how it makes why reasoning worse when that's exactly what I've been saying. It's not always good to go along with the crowd, Don.

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:59 am

Post by don_johnson »

dejkha wrote:
don_johnson wrote:

where's afatchic?

Explain how it makes why reasoning worse when that's exactly what I've been saying. It's not always good to go along with the crowd, Don.
because you would rather lynch a lesser contributing townie than someone who is scummy. a lesser contributing townie may be a power role trying to stay out of the limelight, so you wanting to lynch one shows(to me) that you are most likely afraid of town power roles as opposed to scum. okay, now that i say it, i think i might have it backwards. well not really, scum are probably
just as fearful
of pr's as they are of other scum. it still points to you being scum. :roll: i think scum would probably prefer working together to eliminate town before they start outing each other. that said, we should be lynching the scummiest players. period.

*hands dej a button, thinks again, puts it back in pocket*
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”