ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:50 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

seb456zig wrote:@pplz quoting my explanation of "BAM, one point for the town" is a previctory shout. And also, i want my own reasons because using someone elses reasons is stupid. They can easily make it look another way (by accident or on purpose). If i spot a scumtell (a REAL one) then ill probably vote. Im not saying i will, but im definently not saying i wont. The bad thing about my position now is that either...
i can't make a proper post since i have to head out, but that first part makes it seem like you are trying a little too hard to seem innocent.

Mod votecount, as per end of previous page

(Actually, no vote change since last page, posting this only for consistency.)

hohum (3)
:
Green crayons, Artem, Azhrei,

alexhans (1):
hohum,

Artem (1):
alexhans

seb456zig (1):
Magus_Stragus

ZEEnon (1):
seb456zig,

Azhrei (0):
Magus_Stragus (0):
Charrat (0):
Green Crayons (0):
Tom (0):

Not voting (3):
Charrat, Tom, ZEEnon

Deadline set to February the 20th.

With 10 alive, it's 6 to lynch.
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:13 pm

Post by alexhans »

Well... if I had to choose... seeing the list Charrat assembled... I'm wary of Charrat ,Tom and Green crayons... Why? Because I can't read them... Few posts... Charrat seems like a good player and that scares me, if he were scum... In the other hand, he seems to be giving great ideas to spark discussion (wich always help the town) so I wouldn't vote for him.

But that are just more of the unsuported fears I tend to have. I still see Artem as a decent lynch (sorry buddy, nothing personal) and I'm still analizing Hohum.
Azhrei wrote:God, I hate screwy doctor sanities...
If we do have multiple doctors with different sanities, then that'll become rather obvious after N1. If we have multiple cops with different sanities, then that won't be so obvious. So basically, if anyone out there is either of those power roles, be very careful. If you're a doc, you could get yourself or someone else killed if you aren't careful. If you're a cop, don't treat your results as gospel, because they could be wrong. No pressure though :P
How is a doc that doesn't know his sanity gonna be careful? I don't like your reasoning. You're saying that they shouldn't try to use their powers until they know FOR SURE who to protect? When is that? And the cop thing... We all know this... Isn't it just adding stuff to confuse us? I know it helps making our thoughts known but this is just making everybody uncertain.
seb456zig wrote: @pplz quoting my explanation of "BAM, one point for the town" is a previctory shout. And also, i want my own reasons because using someone elses reasons is stupid. They can easily make it look another way (by accident or on purpose). If i spot a scumtell (a REAL one) then ill probably vote. Im not saying i will, but im definently not saying i wont. The bad thing about my position now is that either...

he flips town and i am the accused hammerer because i voted last

he flips scum and you ask each other "how to phuck did he know that?"
mmmm... Why would you vote for him in day 1 if you were both scum? Why would WE think that? I sure don't see your reasoning
seb456zig wrote: Id much prefer a WIFOM situation, but anyway... catch 22 is an awesome name for this. I think im going to keep my vote on ZEE to avoid any of this.If you vote him you vote him, but i wont.

@people stating that im contradicting myself: That's true, but you should know that in normal conversation people can realise things. So in any case where anyone contradicts themselves then look at their latter sentences
Well. Need a translation here... maybe Im misunderstanding you...
Why on earth would you want a WIFOM that can only mess up things and confuse everybody?

Well. Really... This last post of yours gives me headaches trying to figure out what you mean. Please clarify.

@Tom, @Green Crayon, @Magus: Any thoughts?

Oh, I'm gonna
unvote
for now.
seb456zig
seb456zig
Goon
seb456zig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:33 pm

Post by seb456zig »

alexhans wrote:
seb456zig wrote: @pplz quoting my explanation of "BAM, one point for the town" is a previctory shout. And also, i want my own reasons because using someone elses reasons is stupid. They can easily make it look another way (by accident or on purpose). If i spot a scumtell (a REAL one) then ill probably vote. Im not saying i will, but im definently not saying i wont. The bad thing about my position now is that either...

mmmm... Why would you vote for him in day 1 if you were both scum? Why would WE think that? I sure don't see your reasoning
Well i could just be voting him because I know my scumbuddie is about to die anyway.
alexhans wrote:
seb456zig wrote: Id much prefer a WIFOM situation, but anyway... catch 22 is an awesome name for this. I think im going to keep my vote on ZEE to avoid any of this.If you vote him you vote him, but i wont.

@people stating that im contradicting myself: That's true, but you should know that in normal conversation people can realise things. So in any case where anyone contradicts themselves then look at their latter sentences
Well. Need a translation here... maybe Im misunderstanding you...
Why on earth would you want a WIFOM that can only mess up things and confuse everybody?

Well. Really... This last post of yours gives me headaches trying to figure out what you mean. Please clarify.
Im saying that with a catch 22 im screwed no matter what, but a WIFOM has a chance that i wont be screwed (even though i probably would be).

Im not sure if i answered the questions the way you liked. If you have any followup questions then just shoot (as in just ask them, not NK me)
[i][u][b]I'm slightly older than Ani, that makes me slightly better than him![/b][/u][/i]
Magus_Stragus
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:01 pm

Post by Magus_Stragus »

Well, my opinion regarding seb's posts is the following: scum. With each post you confirm even more my suspicious. Here's why:
seb456zig wrote:And also, i want my own reasons because using someone elses reasons is stupid.
That means that you will unlike vote for someone. It's not that you are using other people reasons, it's that you are agreeing with other people reasons. Not all players are master detectives that can see through other people lies. It's more likely that someone spot out a lie or fall in a statement and the rest of players agree with his/her finding, than all players finding different suspicious arguements. For me, you're just looking for a reason to not state your opinion about the lynch, like if you wanted to pass out of the radar.
seb456zig wrote:The bad thing about my position now is that either...

As Alex said, it's just Day I. Whatever you hammer townie or mafia shouldn't be that trascendent. I mean, it's important, but like you, whatever the result of the lynch is, we are all going to question all the people who voted for it, and the people who didn't vote for it; not just the one that did the hammer. But you, you're like trying too hard to not call attention, to not be suspicious... Why would a townie try so hard for that? Your reasons to not vote for him are mainly not because you find/don't find him suspicious, rather because you don't want to draw more attention to yourself. And that for me, is more than enough scumtell.
If God wanted us to see the beauty of sunrises, He would surely have put them after 10:00 am.
seb456zig
seb456zig
Goon
seb456zig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:33 pm

Post by seb456zig »

Magus_Stragus wrote:Well, my opinion regarding seb's posts is the following: scum. With each post you confirm even more my suspicious. Here's why:
seb456zig wrote:And also, i want my own reasons because using someone elses reasons is stupid.
That means that you will unlike vote for someone. It's not that you are using other people reasons, it's that you are agreeing with other people reasons. Not all players are master detectives that can see through other people lies. It's more likely that someone spot out a lie or fall in a statement and the rest of players agree with his/her finding, than all players finding different suspicious arguements. For me, you're just looking for a reason to not state your opinion about the lynch, like if you wanted to pass out of the radar.

As Alex said, it's just Day I. Whatever you hammer townie or mafia shouldn't be that trascendent. I mean, it's important, but like you, whatever the result of the lynch is, we are all going to question all the people who voted for it, and the people who didn't vote for it; not just the one that did the hammer. But you,
you're like trying too hard to not call attention, to not be suspicious... Why would a townie try so hard for that? Your reasons to not vote for him are mainly not because you find/don't find him suspicious, rather because you don't want to draw more attention to yourself. And that for me, is more than enough scumtell.
The reason im trying to not call attention is because in all my other games i called attention and i was lynched because of it. (ive never been NKed).

everyone, for now just picture me as a vanilla townie (as aposed like possible scum). Look at how Magus keeps his vote on me. Isn't it a little strange that Magus is trying so hard to find me scum when Hohum is so plainly acting scummie.

Theories:
1. Hohum and Magus are both scum with Magus trying to get everyone to wagon me.
2.Magus is a vanilla townie that finds me suspitious for my seemingly inconsistant play. (it's actually called learning)
3. Magus is a lone scum and is getting me because he/she thinks im a power role.
4. Magus is a power role that wants to kill me for some reason (i doubt this theory very much)
5. Hohum is scum and has tricked Magus into making he (magus) believe that he(hohum) is town. Magus then looks for suspcious play by all nonHohums.
6. ZEEnon is scum and noone else can see that

(tell me which theories sound like they could be right)
(when reading the theories, think of me as Vanilla Town)[/list]
[i][u][b]I'm slightly older than Ani, that makes me slightly better than him![/b][/u][/i]
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:15 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

i know i said that i suspected hohum, and that if we had to vote at that point i would vote him, but i change my mind.
maybe it's just me, but hohum seems innocent to me now that i re-read the thread again.
hohum wrote:
Artem wrote: Are you trying to cover up your scumbuddy Hohum?
OMGUS-by-proxy? You really are reaching for conclusions right now.

FoS: Artem
if someone said the same thing to me that Artem said to hohum, i think i would have responded in a similar manner. in one post Artem tried to shift the attention to both alexhans and hohum, two people who i feel are innocent thus far. not sure what OMGUS-by-proxy means though. can someone explain the concept to me please? not the OMGUS part.
ZEEnon wrote:i'm already in two other games,
i located them after signing up for this one ..
and why are you so sure i'm
going to DIE, scum ?
i wonder why seb456zig (i remembered your username, yay!) never replied.

i think Azhrei is innocent so far,
since he didn't really react when Charrat said:
Charrat wrote: 3. I would choose to lynch the least active or contributory player, probably Azhrei.
not that it means anything, but unless those two are working together, it makes them slightly less suspicious to me. (even though Azhrei is on my bad side. sorry, i'm honest)
ZEEnon wrote:oh alright .
when i said this i was kind of sick of reading your posts, so let me respond properly:
Azhrei wrote:You're misunderstanding what I'm saying entirely, person-who-types-annoyingly. I'd have been calling you newbie regardless of whether or not you'd said it, because that's how you're acting. I'm calling you newbie, because you're acting like one. It doesn't influence my vote at all, because I'm still trying to figure out what type of newbie you're acting like.
actually, you wouldn't have. i can guarantee you,
100%
, if i never mentioned that i was new, you would NOT be calling me a newbie. be honest. i'm positive about this.
Magus_Stragus wrote:Any roads, back to the game... <other boring stuff>
haha i've noticed this for a while. it's not really relevant, but you meant
ways
, right? just to clarifiy, because it confused me for a couple seconds.
seb456zig
seb456zig
Goon
seb456zig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:59 pm

Post by seb456zig »

ZEEnon wrote:
ZEEnon wrote:i'm already in two other games,
i located them after signing up for this one ..
and why are you so sure i'm
going to DIE, scum ?
i wonder why seb456zig (i remembered your username, yay!) never replied.
I think i was gonna reply but then i didnt, coz of a more important issue later down on the page.

First off, i think you definently wont make it to endgame with your play tactics (and also the fact that you're a little annoying). What makes you so sure that you aren't going to die?
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:05 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

seb456zig wrote:What makes you so sure that you aren't going to die?
well obviously i'm going to be killed with you as the mafia. i never said that i
wasn't
going to get killed, so there is no point in asking that question, and even less of a point of me answering it.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:14 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Activity check.

Green Crayons and Tom have been prodded.

Azhrei and hohum are nearing a prod.

Everyone else, keep up the good work and, belatedly, happy valentine :)

Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:01 pm

Post by Azhrei »

ZEEnon wrote:
i think Azhrei is innocent so far,
since he didn't really react when Charrat said:
Charrat wrote: 3. I would choose to lynch the least active or contributory player, probably Azhrei.
not that it means anything, but unless those two are working together, it makes them slightly less suspicious to me. (even though Azhrei is on my bad side. sorry, i'm honest)
... I know its gonna sound kinda odd picking apart your reasoning for finding me townie, but I have to. Just because I didn't respond to someone saying something that was obviously true does NOT mean I am town. I was easily the least active and contributory player at the time, and I would've lynched me if I had nobody better. 'sides, I'm used to having Charrat try to get me killed :P
ZEEnon wrote:
ZEEnon wrote:oh alright .
when i said this i was kind of sick of reading your posts, so let me respond properly:
Azhrei wrote:You're misunderstanding what I'm saying entirely, person-who-types-annoyingly. I'd have been calling you newbie regardless of whether or not you'd said it, because that's how you're acting. I'm calling you newbie, because you're acting like one. It doesn't influence my vote at all, because I'm still trying to figure out what type of newbie you're acting like.
actually, you wouldn't have. i can guarantee you,
100%
, if i never mentioned that i was new, you would NOT be calling me a newbie. be honest. i'm positive about this.

*sigh* This part reflects the reasons I've been calling you newbie, ironically. Now, even had you not mentioned it, and I hadn't noticed the obviously newbie way you're playing, then there was also this wonderful thing called a join date. You know, the little thing underneath your avvy? Yeah, it says you joined just recently, and that instantly indicates 'noob'. And I'd kinda pegged it anyway. Oh, and, being sick of reading is never an excuse.
ZEEnon wrote:
Magus_Stragus wrote:Any roads, back to the game... <other boring stuff>
haha i've noticed this for a while. it's not really relevant, but you meant
ways
, right? just to clarifiy, because it confused me for a couple seconds.
Magus has already said english is not her first language, so yeah. But the fact you put in <other boring stuff> for the rest of her post intrigues me. There is no such thing as bring stuff in this game. There may be unimportant stuff, but never boring.This indicates a lack of motivation for the game, and no small amount of laziness. And I think someone else mentioned that earlier on.

I also find it interesting you've chosen not to comment upon the recent Seb case beyond that little one line about wondering why he never replied.

Speaking of the Seb case, I'm finding myself more inclined towards magus' arguments than seb's.
Magus_Stragus wrote:Well, my opinion regarding seb's posts is the following: scum. With each post you confirm even more my suspicious. Here's why:

As Alex said, it's just Day I. Whatever you hammer townie or mafia shouldn't be that trascendent. I mean, it's important, but like you, whatever the result of the lynch is, we are all going to question all the people who voted for it, and the people who didn't vote for it; not just the one that did the hammer. But you, you're like trying too hard to not call attention, to not be suspicious... Why would a townie try so hard for that? Your reasons to not vote for him are mainly not because you find/don't find him suspicious, rather because you don't want to draw more attention to yourself. And that for me, is more than enough scumtell.
Pretty much, in short, I agree with this sentiment. I can't see any glaring issues with it, and Magus' logic seems to be strong.
seb456zig wrote: The reason im trying to not call attention is because in all my other games i called attention and i was lynched because of it. (ive never been NKed).
Ok, I can see that, but I have no way of verifying it (easily, yes, I'm lazy), and I don't completely buy it anyway.

seb456zig wrote:
everyone, for now just picture me as a vanilla townie (as aposed like possible scum). Look at how Magus keeps his vote on me. Isn't it a little strange that Magus is trying so hard to find me scum when Hohum is so plainly acting scummie.
Ooh, that's nice, trying to pass the heat off on Hohum. Now, I wouldn't say Hohum is acting obviously scummy, while he was previously the scummiest player in my opinion, now I'm not so sure.

seb456zig wrote:
Theories:
1. Hohum and Magus are both scum with Magus trying to get everyone to wagon me.
2.Magus is a vanilla townie that finds me suspitious for my seemingly inconsistant play. (it's actually called learning)
3. Magus is a lone scum and is getting me because he/she thinks im a power role.
4. Magus is a power role that wants to kill me for some reason (i doubt this theory very much)
5. Hohum is scum and has tricked Magus into making he (magus) believe that he(hohum) is town. Magus then looks for suspcious play by all nonHohums.
6. ZEEnon is scum and noone else can see that

(when reading the theories, think of me as Vanilla Town)[/list]
You forgot the "Seb is scum, magus made a good catch" set of theories. Personally, I'm not sure which side of things it is, but I feel that Magus at the very least is more likely townie.

FOS: Seb
I'm gonna keep my eye on you and see what you say soon.

FOS: ZEE
I'm starting to find you anti-town at the very least, and seb is right, with your playstyle, I doubt you'll make it to endgame.
"He was cooler than Samuel L. Jackson on dope" - Raccon
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:07 pm

Post by Azhrei »

Ah bugger it, screwed the quotes up.

"
ZEEnon wrote:
ZEEnon wrote: oh alright .
Azhrei wrote: You're misunderstanding what I'm saying entirely, person-who-types-annoyingly. I'd have been calling you newbie regardless of whether or not you'd said it, because that's how you're acting. I'm calling you newbie, because you're acting like one. It doesn't influence my vote at all, because I'm still trying to figure out what type of newbie you're acting like.
ctually, you wouldn't have. i can guarantee you, 100%, if i never mentioned that i was new, you would NOT be calling me a newbie. be honest. i'm positive about this.

*sigh* This part reflects the reasons I've been calling you newbie, ironically. Now, even had you not mentioned it, and I hadn't noticed the obviously newbie way you're playing, then there was also this wonderful thing called a join date. You know, the little thing underneath your avvy? Yeah, it says you joined just recently, and that instantly indicates 'noob'. And I'd kinda pegged it anyway. Oh, and, being sick of reading is never an excuse."

Is how it should've looked.
"He was cooler than Samuel L. Jackson on dope" - Raccon
seb456zig
seb456zig
Goon
seb456zig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:44 pm

Post by seb456zig »

we kinda figured that, but anyway...
prev guy (yes, i called 'im prev guy, whats your point?) wrote:
me wrote: everyone, for now just picture me as a vanilla townie (as aposed like possible scum). Look at how Magus keeps his vote on me. Isn't it a little strange that Magus is trying so hard to find me scum when Hohum is so plainly acting scummie.

Ooh, that's nice, trying to pass the heat off on Hohum. Now, I wouldn't say Hohum is acting obviously scummy, while he was previously the scummiest player in my opinion, now I'm not so sure.
You're right, i shouldnt just pass the heat to Hohum. By "plainly acting scummie" i guess i meant "everyone else seems to think he is obv scum".

@Azhrei: I dont think you are scum but I think you are a very lazy person
@ZEE: I think you are a very poor strategy player and should play newbie games before you try another one of these "real" games.
@Hohum: I don't find you scummie realy, but
IGMEOY

@person saying FoSes suck: YOU SUCK!
@people saying these excess "@"s are spam: dont read them then
@Azhrei (again): i didnt lie about me never being NKed. in fact, this is my third game (ZOMFG, a card) but yeah. It would have been more believable if i mentioned that before
@scum:i dislike you ingame but ooc you are playing realy well. and also, are you ZEE?
@town: hi
@everyone who read all of these: y did you waste your time with all of them? it seems pretty pointless to read them all
@people that have questions towards me: ask them
Charrat
Charrat
Townie
Charrat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:44 am

Post by Charrat »

seb456zig wrote:I want my own reasons for voting hohum because thats just how i play.
I don't think you answered the questions Magus and I asked you about this, so I will will requote them and give you an opportunity to do so.
Charrat wrote:I don't quite understand what you are saying here. What do you mean exactly when you say you want your own reasons for voting hohum? What it sounds like to me is that you want to be able to vote for someone without having to justify it, and in my opinion you should want to be able to justify your votes. If you have good reason to vote for someone, the town should hear your reasons so that they can see what you see and perhaps vote along with you. You are not going to be able to help the town effectively find mafia otherwise, right?
Magus_Stragus wrote:That means that you will unlike vote for someone. It's not that you are using other people reasons, it's that you are agreeing with other people reasons. Not all players are master detectives that can see through other people lies. It's more likely that someone spot out a lie or fall in a statement and the rest of players agree with his/her finding, than all players finding different suspicious arguements. For me, you're just looking for a reason to not state your opinion about the lynch, like if you wanted to pass out of the radar.
Play [url=http://www.war-facts.com/?p=15465&i=h1]WARRING FACTIONS[/url], a notoriously addictive free strategy game played in a browser OR an utterly complex and unforgiving real-time strategy.
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:06 am

Post by alexhans »

seb456zig wrote:we kinda figured that, but anyway...
You're right, i shouldnt just pass the heat to Hohum. By "plainly acting scummie" i guess i meant "everyone else seems to think he is
obv scum
".

@Azhrei: I dont think you are scum but I think you are a very lazy person
@ZEE:
I think you are a very poor strategy player and should play newbie games before you try another one of these "real" games.

@Hohum: I don't find you scummie realy, but
IGMEOY
@person saying FoSes suck: YOU SUCK!
@people saying these excess "@"s are spam: dont read them then
@Azhrei (again): i didnt lie about me never being NKed. in fact,
this is my third game
(ZOMFG, a card) but yeah. It would have been more believable if i mentioned that before
@scum:i dislike you ingame but ooc you are playing realy well. and also,
are you ZEE?

@town: hi
@everyone who read all of these: y did you waste your time with all of them? it seems pretty pointless to read them all
@people that have questions towards me: ask them
Well... Lets pay attention to the bold ones. Everybody else DOESNT think he is obvious scum. In fact me and Charrat stated that we believed he was a desperate townie.
Charrat wrote:
alexhans wrote:For what it's worth. I believe your reaction is about-to-be-lynched-and-desperate-townie...
As for Artem, there is not one thing he has said so far that made me raise an eyebrow. He has been a perfect townie in my eyes. That does not mean I am 100% confident he is town, but he isn't a good candidate to be lynched on the first day, in my opinion.
Then... Your critic to Zee about being a newbie when you later say you played only 3 games? What does that make you?

and the scum @ thing...really. your last 2 posts look really scummy and don't satisfy me at all, you really seem to be trying to pass heat to other players.

Unvote

Vote seb456zig

post #179 just tries to make everyone look bad but you.
(when reading the theories, think of me as Vanilla Town)
What's this man? WHATS THIS!? If you are Townie I really can't see it by how you post.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:42 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Read through the thread, these things caught my eye. In chronological order:

Art wrote:
Magus wrote:ZEEnon and seb456 need to post more.
Outside of calling out obvious lurkers, I'm generally not a big fan of such posts, because they fall under "posting for the sake of posting" category.
I wholeheartedly agree, except it's more like "posting for the sake of looking like an active contributor when really I'm not doing anything." Scummy.
Magus wrote:Second, I don't like how hohum (I believe it was him) is using/used previous games as arguments for this one. It is true that players may follow the same strategies over games, but I don't think it's valid arguments to use previous games.
So do you discount the use of meta?
Charrat wrote:I would much rather lynch a complete lurker than an active but slightly scummy person this early in the game. We still have lots of time to talk, however, so I won't be parking my vote any place just yet.
I find it surprising that these two sentences are mushed right together instead of spoken separately - and by two different players. The first sentence is an argument for lynching a lurker over an active scummy person. The second sentence is an argument for not lynching lurkers because there is plenty of time unhinge them from their lurker ways and for prominent scumbags to show their true colors. Side-by-side, and topped with a delicious icing of an unvote, this post is an excellent example of a non-post. A post that has words in it but really says a whole lot of nothing. Scummy.
hohum wrote:Curious, why would you changed your vote instead of simply calling me out with a FoS, HoS or IGMEOY? And how could you be certain that you made the correct choice 3 pages in to day 1?
Faulting people for wanting to change their vote on page three. Nice. Is it mere happenstance that they were wanting to change their vote to him?
hohum wrote:2) It's still pretty early in D1 to be throwing votes around behind hard evidence -- and I'm all for wagoning people to get them to drop scum tells. I don't think necessarily Magus' approach is any less correct than the way it's usually been done
So you're all for people voting on wagons but you're not cool with people wanting to change their vote to yourself? Looks like a double standard to me.
ZEE wrote:aestetically pleasing if
i cut them up. (at least to me)
im a bit of a perfectionist .
I've viewed this thread from a few computers. In none of them are your posts exactly lined up. I don't know how they look to you, but they don't look perfect. Nor are they aesthetically pleasing.
hohum wrote:Further, your instinct was right. You shouldn't be attempting to answer other people's questions. In the normal flow of a face-to-face conversation that is considered bad practice. Feel free to comment on someone else's answer, but don't jump in on their behalf -- it's just bad form.
I see Tom's interjection more as a criticism to the basic assumptions about mafia play underpinning the question rather than an answer to your question on ZEE's behalf.
seb wrote:MFoS: ZEEnon because of attempting to make friends. Why would a vanilla townie try to make friends? ZEEnon, if you answer this in a nonscummie way then i'll stop thinking of you as potential scum (for the time being)
Whoa, slow down there Loaded Question-McGee. Might want to move that role fishing down to a simmer so you're not incredibly blatantly obvious, scumbag.
seb wrote:this isnt a competitive game, its a cooperative game. We are supposed to work together to figure out who is mafia and who isnt, not try and kill eachothere and be the sole survivor.
I couldn't help but lol a bit when I read this - and posted just two hours after the previous quote! First he produces this preposterously scummy question about why a
vanilla townie
would want to make friends but then he follows it up with a "whoa, whoa, whoa we're all friends here just trying to find the scumbags!" line.
Tom, in response to alex wrote:I agree with the notion that your asking out loud "has anyone else not voted?" and stating "i dont see anything happening" made your post hollow.
I agree as well.
hohum wrote:Please don't answer questions on behalf of other people. You're more than welcome comment and call my motives into question AFTER he answers it.
"Hi. Instead of voicing your perfectly legitimate suspicions about my incredibly sketchy question, you should wait until another player has answered my question so that 1. you may have forgotten what exactly you were suspicious of in the first place and 2. attention will be directed away from me and towards the other player whose response to my confining and controlling question can be nothing but seen as scummish in the absence of viewing the environment in which it was stated (e.g. the really sketchy question). Thanks!"

Yuck. Scumlogic smells bad.
Charrat wrote:Well, since things have cooled down a little bit, I will pose a few questions for anyone who would like to answer and maybe spark some more discussion.

1. At this moment, are there any players that you believe are town? If so, why?
2. At this moment, are there any players that you suspect are mafia? If so, why?
3. How would you choose who to lynch today if you do not yet have any suspicions of who may be mafia?

My answers...
1. No strong feelings yet.
2. No strong feelings yet. If I had to choose to person I think is least likely town at the moment, I would go with hohum because he has been voting aggressively with, in my opinion, weak justufication in each case. Not really scummy, though.
3. I would choose to lynch the least active or contributory player, probably Azhrei.
What a great post that actually doesn't add anything at all to the discussion. Next time please actually contribute something relative to the conversation - like, say, delve into your answer number two without confining yourself to a very rigid and very manufactured set of boundaries for your self-imposed questions.
ZEE wrote:plus this is My first game,
so i wasn't really expecting any
other roles, haha .
ZEE wrote:normally it COULD, but i played
so much in real life, the only difference
is that i had to learn the acronyms,
which i easily did through the wiki .
So, I'm confused. Is this your first game (so you wouldn't be expecting roles beyond a cop) or are you an experienced mafia player who has real-life mafia experience (and so roles beyond simply a cop wouldn't be out of the extraordinary)? I don't see how your two quotes match up.
Charrat wrote: It sometimes helps spark discussion, and thats always a good thing for the town.
What doesn't help is that you refuse to go beyond the questions you yourself conjured up. You issued several questions for the town to respond to, answered them yourself, and then vanished. It's incredibly suspicious because it doesn't actually have much of an interactive element to what's going on in the thread. It's like you're plopping yourself down from out of the sky and setting forth a very generic (and not incredibly helpful) questions which makes it look like you're contributing, but in actuality you're saying very little by typing a whole lot.
hohum wrote:A) I'm not "just giving up." I'm making a sacrifice in order to out scum.
I'm confused. Through name calling and refusing to answer questions you're becoming a martyr? And who are we supposed to suspect is the mafia mastermind who is putting you up to this self-destructive play that we should go lynch after you're gone?

hohum:
I, in post 27 wrote:And are you suggesting there are actually conclusions that
aren't
a reach in the first few pages of D1?
I, in post 39, wrote:
hohum wrote: You really are reaching for conclusions right now.
hohum wrote:Because I just can't ignore 3 scum tells in 2 pages.
hohum wrote:1) A serious vote this early in day 1. Seriously?
hohum wrote:
Vote: Artem
... <serious reasons>
Do you find hypocrisy to be a useful tool?

hohum wrote:He clearly screwed the tags up, and wasn't really FoSing himself.
Did you miss the sarcasm?

hohum wrote:I don't understand why you pulled me into it, that's what I meant by "OMGUS-by-proxy"
So you pulled out loaded terminology incorrectly to force illegitimate suspicion upon another player?

unvote, vote: hohum
. Hypocrite. Distorting posts to fit his agenda. Improperly using loaded terminology to make his arguments seem legitimate. All within two pages.
I, in post 97, wrote:I just skimed the past few pages because I'm incredibly busy at the moment, so I'll post something more substantive in a bit - however, in my skimming I noticed hohum has neglected to confront any of my accusations against him.

Shall I simply assume his omission is a sign of acquiesence to my claims? His silence admits his guilt? Until an iota of explanation comes from him, my vote is staying where it is.
Holy crap answer me.
hohum wrote:I have attempted to answer your questions, along with everyone else's. You reject my explanations.
I must have missed where you actually addressed my points. That's okay, we'll start over from a clean slate. Explain yourself - from the beginning. Feel free to quote your posts where you actually addressed my points.
hohum wrote:B) I've already answered every question that everyone has asked of me. The only reason you and Azhrei can't see that is because you're both reading selectively. You've dismissed the answers I've given you and have defaulted back into this mode of asking your questions over and over again.
blol. Either I'm blind or you're a liar. Either is fine by me, just point me out to your response and I'll apologize. Or keep my vote where it is.

I like my hohum vote for obvious reasons.
I could go for a seb vote. He's role fished pretty hardcore, used loaded questions and shifted the platforms of his arguments against a single player as it benefits him, even if those platforms are contradictory.
seb456zig
seb456zig
Goon
seb456zig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:22 am

Post by seb456zig »

Green guy wrote:
me wrote: this isnt a competitive game, its a cooperative game. We are supposed to work together to figure out who is mafia and who isnt, not try and kill eachothere and be the sole survivor.
I couldn't help but lol a bit when I read this - and posted just two hours after the previous quote! First he produces this preposterously scummy question about why a vanilla townie would want to make friends but then he follows it up with a "whoa, whoa, whoa we're all friends here just trying to find the scumbags!" line.
When i say that, you gotta take into account that cooperation isn't always with friends. We work together because we have to. Not because we got the choice. What I'm saying is that making a friend is very suspitious, even if we are trying to work together. It's almost as if you're telling people to forget that there is mafia within our group. Making friends makes you believe that your friend is a townie, but it wouldn't be that hard for a mafia to make friends with a townie.

Tell me what you think
Charrat
Charrat
Townie
Charrat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by Charrat »

Vote: seb456zig

For his curious and not-quite-pro-town strategy of hiding his reasons for voting, and for ignoring questions into said strategy.
Green Crayons wrote:
Charrat wrote:<snip>Q&As<snip>
2. No strong feelings yet. If I had to choose to person I think is least likely town at the moment, I would go with hohum because he has been voting aggressively with, in my opinion, weak justufication in each case. Not really scummy, though.
What a great post that actually doesn't add anything at all to the discussion. Next time please actually contribute something relative to the conversation - like, say, delve into your answer number two without confining yourself to a very rigid and very manufactured set of boundaries for your self-imposed questions.
This made me laugh a bit because I thought the questions were very broad and not limiting at all. It doesn't say "respond in 17 words or less" or something like that. My response just happened to be short. We could have expanded upon it more if someone wanted to, but that particular statement just happened to fall by the wayside. And its a little out of date now, since Hohum looks pretty town to me right now. He is still an over-zealous finger pointer, though. :wink:
Play [url=http://www.war-facts.com/?p=15465&i=h1]WARRING FACTIONS[/url], a notoriously addictive free strategy game played in a browser OR an utterly complex and unforgiving real-time strategy.
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

Azhrei wrote:I also find it interesting you've chosen not to comment upon the recent Seb case beyond that little one line about wondering why he never replied.
i have no idea what the hell you are talking about. it's highly likely that i missed it, so please inform me.
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

people may view this as me voting him just because Charrat has, but i was just about to place my votes regardless ..
Vote: seb456zig

the fact that he seemingly knows that i'm going to be killed is suspicious to me. not only that but he tries to makes everyone picture him as a vanilla townie. he also says to picture him as one, which means that he thinks we don't view him as one. i don't think i really thought of him seriously as mafia but now that he has said that, and by re-reading his posts, i don't know why i didn't see it before. he also quite obviously tried to fish for my role.
Green Crayons wrote:So, I'm confused. Is this your first game (so you wouldn't be expecting roles beyond a cop) or are you an experienced mafia player who has real-life mafia experience (and so roles beyond simply a cop wouldn't be out of the extraordinary)? I don't see how your two quotes match up.
i have real-life mafia experience with only townies and mafia. does that match up for you?
seb456zig
seb456zig
Goon
seb456zig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by seb456zig »

ZEE wrote:which means that he thinks we don't view him as one
Well obviously, because you just voted for me.
ZEE wrote: he also quite obviously tried to fish for my role.
Just trying to see if you're mafia. How can that be scummie?

What I personally believe (quote me if I die)
ZEEnon & Charrat are scumbuddies
Hohum is town
Alexhans is town
others im not sure about. If you have any questions for me, please ask them.
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:50 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

seb456zig wrote:
ZEE wrote:which means that he thinks we don't view him as one
Well obviously, because you just voted for me.
ZEE wrote: he also quite obviously tried to fish for my role.
Just trying to see if you're mafia. How can that be scummie?

Hohum is town
Alexhans is town

others im not sure about. If you have any questions for me, please ask them.
the only interaction between me and Charrat are that we both are voting for you. i don't see your conclusions are being very helpful, since they are just going with what some people have already said, as shown in bold. also, why would we want to quote you if you die?
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:53 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

seb456zig wrote:Just trying to see if you're mafia. How can that be scummie?

so i assume that my answer made you believe that i'm mafia?
seb456zig
seb456zig
Goon
seb456zig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:27 pm

Post by seb456zig »

ZEE wrote:the only interaction between me and Charrat are that we both are voting for you
This is the puppy & master pairup. You follow whatever Charrat tells you to do because he is more experienced than you.

@everyone: Dead people can speak. Just watch what they have said in previous posts (i know noone is dead yet, but i think this day is comming to a close)
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:47 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

seb456zig wrote:
ZEE wrote:the only interaction between me and Charrat are that we both are voting for you
This is the puppy & master pairup. You follow whatever Charrat tells you to do because he is more experienced than you.
you are just spitting out theories like crazy, yet you have no solid proof for any of them. you are acting like a desperate mafiosa trying to find something, ANYTHING, to pass the blame to .
seb456zig wrote:@everyone: Dead people can speak. Just watch what they have said in previous posts (i know noone is dead yet, but i think this day is comming to a close)
just because some crazy dead person said that they suspected so-and-so doesn't mean that so-and-so is scum. also, i think this day is far from over, you are over-reacting .. there are only four votes on you. that means that you need two more votes. somebody is most likely going to find a flaw with one of the people that are voting you, (most likely me) and then votes will shift once again .
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:48 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

ZEEnon wrote:
seb456zig wrote:Just trying to see if you're mafia. How can that be scummie?

so i assume that my answer made you believe that i'm mafia?
please answer this as well .
it was in a separate post,
so you couldn't have missed it .

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”