roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:48 am

Post by roflcopter »

hider could be a mafia role. its not safe to just assume there will be a vig. you still being alive in the morning would prove nothing, and if that really is your role but you're mafia then you are just trying to get a hypothetical vig to waste their shot.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:51 am

Post by GnKoichi »

ThAdmiral wrote:for people who think its fake because it doesn't have a role bit I can once again only say that it is exactly as nat gave it to me. I do note though that the example power role on page one doesn't have a role bit either.

The right play is to lynch someone else and then vig me tonight.
That makes no sense. If we try to vig you tonight, your role will protect you. How close are we to lynching this guy?

I guess I had questions to answer from a while back. As for why I thought ThAd was town at first was his good play in his first few posts. He gave honest analysis, mostly ignored the criticism against his predecessor, and made a few reads that I agreed with.

His flip didn't bother me because he said he was willing to lynch me to avoid a no lynch (which I was also prepared to do in order to help town find real scum after I was gone). It was because he said he was wary of me, then said he thought I was town, then said he was ready to vote for me. Those three were a very odd triangle of comments.
---
No matter where you go, there you are.
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:55 pm

Post by Vino »

GnKoichi wrote:That makes no sense. If we try to vig you tonight, your role will protect you.
That's why he's saying to do it. He's arguing that it would confirm him.

Problems with this argument:

* It would not confirm him as a townie. Mafia hider is possible.
* If he is killed, we must deal with whether his target was killed or he was lying.
* If he is not killed, we must deal with whether it was a hider-blocked kill or a doc protect or a non-kill.

Eh... let's just lynch him now. He's L-2, we don't have time to switch to another target.
Show
[url=http://www.calamityfuse.com/]Calamity Fuse, a multiplayer FPS/RPG[/url]
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Total prods: 1
Replaced out: 0
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by GnKoichi »

Oh, I get it. Yeah, still doesn't work, as you pointed out.
---
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:57 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

Does the deadline take effect at the end of the 18th or the beginning?
Immoral Acts: 0
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:04 pm

Post by Vino »

I am operating under the assumption that I have another day before I have to cast my vote.
Show
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:38 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

ThAdmiral wrote:The right play is to lynch someone else and then vig me tonight.
This actually seems to play right into the theory of you being a mafia hider. Instead of us lynching a relatively useless role, you want us to lynch a townie and then waste a vig shot that doesn't even confirm you. The actual right play would be for someone to investigate you. This post doesn't sit well with me at all.
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:45 pm

Post by GnKoichi »

I just want to put it out there that I'm worried that the deadline is the beginning of the 18th, not the end, and with two active players (Head Honcho & Vino) who could put the deadline vote on ThAd, I'm not sure why one of you wouldn't. It's not a lynch, but 8 votes ensures a deadline lynch, right?
---
Penguins of the Serengeti
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:04 pm

Post by Penguins of the Serengeti »

Is it too late to lynch Empking?
[size=75][color=Brown][i][url=http://web-o-rama.net]Penguins in the Serengeti and in the Ngorongoro Crater have been studied continuously since the 60's hoping the birds will lead us to their secretive prey, the sand cod.[/url][/i][/color][/size]
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:10 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

I still don't think mafia hider is likely.

Of course, plain old fashoned "un-nightkillable godfather" is quite possible, so a vig testing still wouldn't really prove anything.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:10 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:Is it too late to lynch Empking?
I'm on board.

Do we know what time tommorow the deadline hits?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:09 pm

Post by roflcopter »

i prefer lynching the not hider
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:27 pm

Post by armlx »

Deadline will be at the time Nat opened the thread for D1, just FYI, so its an exact even number of IRL days.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:28 pm

Post by armlx »

EBWODP: That would be 8:38 pm EST.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:45 pm

Post by roflcopter »

dudes better lay down those votes before then, y'hear?
soi soi soi

ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:19 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

GnKoichi wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:for people who think its fake because it doesn't have a role bit I can once again only say that it is exactly as nat gave it to me. I do note though that the example power role on page one doesn't have a role bit either.

The right play is to lynch someone else and then vig me tonight.
That makes no sense. If we try to vig you tonight, your role will protect you. How close are we to lynching this guy?

I guess I had questions to answer from a while back. As for why I thought ThAd was town at first was his good play in his first few posts. He gave honest analysis, mostly ignored the criticism against his predecessor, and made a few reads that I agreed with.

His flip didn't bother me because he said he was willing to lynch me to avoid a no lynch (which I was also prepared to do in order to help town find real scum after I was gone). It was because he said he was wary of me, then said he thought I was town, then said he was ready to vote for me. Those three were a very odd triangle of comments.
Perhaps I used a poor choice of words with "wary".
I was basically saying that I didn't like it when penguins or rofl made assumptions about peoples alignments and pushed them strongly and it didn't like it when you did it either. It was like you were conforming to their, in my opinion, bad style of play.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:57 am

unvote, vote: Empking
[size=75][color=Brown][i][url=http://web-o-rama.net]Penguins in the Serengeti and in the Ngorongoro Crater have been studied continuously since the 60's hoping the birds will lead us to their secretive prey, the sand cod.[/url][/i][/color][/size]
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:58 am

Well we don't really have time unfortunately.

unvote, vote: ThAdmiral
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:35 am

Post by BSG »

I'm not a fan of lynching a claimed powerrole day 1, so I don't want to vote ThAd. However, I agree with Rofl about the part missing in your role PM quote (the role part) and I find it very scummy. Especially as the only other PM without it is one of the examples, while all the others role PM's that were quoted (see the other example, #14's mason role and KOC's PM) did include this part. You might want to look again ThAd at the example that also didn't include the role part, just like your role PM, to see to which faction that role belonged to. Hint, it's not pro-town!
I also would like to point out that ThAd actually wants the vig (if there's one) to target him, while knowing it won't succeed if his claim is true. So I wouldn't mind to lynch him. He prefers to get 'confirmed' instead of a vig kill.

But I agreed with one of ThAd's suspicions and I want to look into his posts further as I have already said that I'd post a case against him. So I prefer to do this first.

Also
Back-up Mod

The deadline is the 19th. Nat's rule is that for each replacement, one day is added for deadline extension. When I entered, it was changed to the 18th. So now that ThAd has entered, it should be the 19th. Then there's also that we're still waiting for a replacement on SC (how's that one coming?).
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:40 am

I'm on standby to lynch Empking.
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:53 am

Post by GnKoichi »

Regardless of how I feel about Emp, I don't think there's any way to get a lynch moved in the next 24 hours, especially considering we still don't have enough to take out ThAd.
---
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:08 am

Post by BSG »

I'm sorry PotS, but I don't agree with it in this game. ThAd's claim is just scummy as hell. Heck, I'm even willing to abondon my rule (don't lynch a claimed powerrole day 1). And in my eyes, that says a lot.
-His 'role' part is missing in the role PM he quoted. The only role which had that was an example role of an anti-town role. He used this to defend his own PM.
-He wants to use the vig's kill (if there's one) to confirm himself, instead of taking down a player who deserves to be killed. Empking and SSK come into mind.
Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Nat has a NK-immuun godfather in this set-up after mafia 84. There's also the chance that ThAd scum wants to protect one of his partners in the night.
-His response when Rofl called upon him after he quoted his role, is scummy. Here's said quote:
ThAd wrote:Just checked and it (the quoted role PM)'s exactly as nat gave it to me.
If he had pressed the quote button on top of the message with his role PM in it, he wouldn't have to check this. As this quotes proves, he didn't quote it using the quote button, I'm getting really suspicious of him. Both #14 and KoC didn't as well, however ThAd is the only one who tried to let it appear as if he actually did. KoC, had 'Natirasha wrote', #14 had 'MOD wrote', ThAd however had 'Natirasha wrote: Quote:'. This would have been seen as well when you would have used the quote button. And this really sets my gut off.
Normally I would have been in favor of lynching Empking, but not this time.
Vote ThAdmiral

L-1. The only way I will switch is when it's needed to get a lynch. But ThAd deserves a lynch in my eyes.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:27 am

Someone hammer, please.
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:29 am

Post by Vino »

I think we've all come to an agreement.

Unvote. Vote: ThAdmiral

I'm glad we finally got it together and avoided a no lynch. I'm also glad we did not lynch a mason. I'm also glad BSG decided to come back and contribute.

Sorry you didn't last too long in this game, Admiral.
Show

Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:30 am

Post by Vino »

PS: Yo Dawg I herd you like lynching so I put a vote on yo lynch so you can lynch while you vote.
Show

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”