GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:37 am

Post by GIEFF »

You helped plenty, RC; your giant post was excellent. Very confusing, and caused a lot of strife.

Yeah, once both power roles died, the game was all but lost.
ryan2754
ryan2754
Goon
ryan2754
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:48 am

Post by ryan2754 »

Son of a bitch....should have went with logic, not gut. Inexperience. Sorry guys, my fault. If I would have just stuck to my voting method/analysis, I should have voted GIEFF, based on his non votes on scum. I felt that I had to do something though, because I felt that Eso was gonna vote for me soon, so. His last post definitely made me think scum trying hard to push. BAH. I suck.
Show
Town: 3-4*
Scum: 2-1
SK: 0-1
Unlynched.
"Noone can deny that the Ryan, from now on known as "Bullseye", accomplished an amazing feat. Nightkilling 2 mafia roles on the first 2 nights. He deserves to win." - Alexhans, Mini 829, Town Loss
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:23 am

Post by Incognito »

Night Actions

Night 1

-~- Korts
(
Weak Doctor
)
protects GIEFF
(
Mafia Goon
)

-~- popsofctown
(
Hider
)
hides with RedCoyote
(
Mafia Goon
)

-~- GIEFF
(
Mafia Goon
)
kills Korts
(
Weak Doctor
)
on behalf of the Mafia

Night 2

-~- GIEFF
(
Mafia Goon
)
kills Netlava
(
Townie
)
on behalf of the Mafia

Night 3

-~- GIEFF
(
Mafia Goon
)
kills roflcopter
(
Townie
)
on behalf of the Mafia

Night 4

-~- GIEFF
(
Mafia Goon
)
kills Empking
(
Townie
)
on behalf of the Mafia

Notes on the set-up
:
In case some of you didn't know, I was the one who actually proposed this particular set-up in the Open Game queue, so it was kinda sweet that I was also the one who got a chance to run it. Having run it to completion though, I don't think this set-up should be run again as is; I don't think the hypo-claiming was
completely
game-breaking in this case, which was one of the comments I received from some of the dead players who commented on the game afterwards. I
do
however think that the worst case scenario (which, by the way, nearly happened in this particular game) is a bit too much for both the town and the scum to handle:
1)
Hider hiding with one scum,
2)
Weak Doctor protecting another scum, and
3)
scum killing a completely different townie resulting in three (3) separate town deaths in one night after N1. Obviously the town would have two straight lynches on scum in back to back days following this since, through the hypo-claiming, they'd know which scums were hidden behind and protected, but the end result would be an immediate end-game LyLo situation where the town would be basing their lynch decision almost entirely on D1 interactions, which doesn't seem like much of a game to me. I think if I had to tweak the set-up and run it again, I'd probably add a couple more townies to the mix to balance that out.

Any other thoughts on the set-up that I might be overlooking?

Other than that, I thought both sides played a pretty solid game; I think roflcopter's case on camn was a major turning point that at least gave the town some hope, but I also think GIEFF played an all-around solid game as scum, which made it difficult for town come end-game. Wasn't someone gonna nominate him for "Internet Superstar" in the Title Fairy thread based on camn's post? lol.

Thanks for playing, all, especially those who stuck with the game from the beginning and of course my replacements! Much appreciated. <3 The scum can feel free to post the QuickTopic if they choose to.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:04 am

Post by GIEFF »

Thanks for modding, Incognito. Once the hypoclaiming discussion came up, I figured this was going to be a loss for scum; too many cleared townies would make it difficult. We just got really lucky night 1.

Here is our quicktopic:

http://www.quicktopic.com/42/H/eC22Gmpwqmkp
ryan2754
ryan2754
Goon
ryan2754
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:12 am

Post by ryan2754 »

So AKA GIEFF got lucky that he lynched Korts the same night that Korts protected him? Because had he picked another person, he would have been revealed as scum, given three different people died. Son of a bitch. I distinctly remember a section in the game where I talked about this possibility (well, a No Kill, but about the same), and then it was quickly dismissed.
Show
Unlynched.
"Noone can deny that the Ryan, from now on known as "Bullseye", accomplished an amazing feat. Nightkilling 2 mafia roles on the first 2 nights. He deserves to win." - Alexhans, Mini 829, Town Loss
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:13 am

Post by GIEFF »

ryan2754 wrote:So AKA GIEFF got lucky that he lynched Korts the same night that Korts protected him? Because had he picked another person, he would have been revealed as scum, given three different people died. Son of a bitch. I distinctly remember a section in the game where I talked about this possibility (well, a No Kill, but about the same), and then it was quickly dismissed.
Yep; if you read the quicktopic, we decided to lynch one of the people hypo-doc-protecting me to avoid this very scenario. We got lucky that we actually picked the real doc.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:16 am

Post by GIEFF »

Here's why I wanted to NK Korts:
GIEFF wrote:I wouldn't mind hitting Korts, as I think he's been the best townie so far, only has one doc on him, is doc-targeting me, and has a potentially-real hider hiding behind him.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:29 am

Post by camn »

Bwa ha ha ha!
camn wrote:* GIEFF - Wow. This guy is some sort of internet superstar. If he is scum, we are all screwed.. so I am hoping town.
Gieff = Game MVP.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:45 am

Post by Korts »

Good game, scum. Particularly GIEFF. I suspected a scum win when I found out that you are one of them, and I was especially angry that I chose to target you and you thus had a very good chance to survive by sheer WIFOM of nightkill overlapping with weak doc. I don't blame the town, I blame the scum for this one.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:47 am

Post by Korts »

And thanks for the awesome modding and flavor, Incog.
scumchat never die
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:52 am

Post by camn »

We did get VERY lucky night one.

I think this setup can be very swingy that way....

But +1 good modding Incog!
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:56 am

Post by GIEFF »

Korts wrote:Good game, scum. Particularly GIEFF. I suspected a scum win when I found out that you are one of them, and I was especially angry that I chose to target you and you thus had a very good chance to survive by sheer WIFOM of nightkill overlapping with weak doc. I don't blame the town, I blame the scum for this one.
When did you find out that I was scum?
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:58 am

Post by Korts »

GIEFF wrote:
Korts wrote:Good game, scum. Particularly GIEFF. I suspected a scum win when I found out that you are one of them, and I was especially angry that I chose to target you and you thus had a very good chance to survive by sheer WIFOM of nightkill overlapping with weak doc. I don't blame the town, I blame the scum for this one.
When did you find out that I was scum?
I PM'd Incog shortly after my death. I just couldn't wait 'til endgame.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:59 am

Post by Korts »

Meaning no, you didn't drop any big scumtells--or if you did, I won't be telling you now, will I ;)
scumchat never die
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:02 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Gieff was statistically more likely to be scum based on Night results, was he not? yet from skimming, it seem you guys totally ignored that in further decisions.

Hypoclaiming takes the fun out of stuff, so i wouldn't run this again. The dominant strategy requires me to think up night actions i don't have to do. (i know, vanilla had twice as much to complain about).
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:53 pm

Post by GIEFF »

I don't think I was much more likely to be scum, pops. Korts' death only implicates me if town thinks that scum either no-killed or targeted you.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:26 pm

Post by camn »

popsofctown wrote:Gieff was statistically more likely to be scum based on Night results, was he not? yet from skimming, it seem you guys totally ignored that in further decisions.
My Gieff-distancing was too powerful.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by popsofctown »

no kill or targetted me is like, what, 2/8 possible actions? something crazy like that.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
ryan2754
ryan2754
Goon
ryan2754
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:19 pm

Post by ryan2754 »

camn wrote:Bwa ha ha ha!
camn wrote:* GIEFF - Wow. This guy is some sort of internet superstar. If he is scum, we are all screwed.. so I am hoping town.
Gieff = Game MVP.

I even addressed this as a potential reason to see GIEFF as scum. I shouldn't have went with my gut, but with logic.
Show
Unlynched.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:45 pm

Post by camn »

You should have. But I knew you wouldn't!

No one ever does......

Really, though.. this town was royally screwed once you were down. Why? Lack of activity. You should have demanded more activity, and lynched for lurking.

Without posts, you lack information. Without information, you cannot find scum. Period. Once ROlf started lurking, I knew we had won. That is why I played crazy-scummy.... because I knew the town could not recover from it.... given GIEFF was good enough to ignore me, which he was.

The problem wasn't in the details here.. it was in the overall play.
One post days = mafia victory... EVERY TIME.
Don't let it happen again.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:29 am

Post by Incognito »

ryan2754 wrote:
camn wrote:Bwa ha ha ha!
Gieff = Game MVP.

I even addressed this as a potential reason to see GIEFF as scum. I shouldn't have went with my gut, but with logic.
I guess it depends on the gut in question. The one time I was stuck in an endgame LyLo situation, I went with my gut and ended up being correct. I guess some people are more logic-based while others are more gut/feelings-based or maybe it's just situational and you have to realize when gut should trump logic and when logic should trump gut.

Thanks for the comments all. I appreciate them. :D
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:36 am

Post by Empking »

Yeah, you were a great mod.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:06 am

Post by camn »

Empking wrote:Yeah, you were a great mod.
QFT
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:47 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Wow. I did not see EM being mislynched. I thought Gieff had lost himself the game when he killed Emp (I was basically certain he was the scum when I saw Emp NKed), but if naything I thought Ryan would be the mislynch, not EM.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:56 am

Post by GIEFF »

You lynching yourself made it a lot easier on me, Xtoxm.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”