Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:53 am

Post by Wall-E »

don_johnson wrote:
Wall-E wrote:SHUT UP ZORBLAG

jesus man have you never played this game or what?!

he
didn't
answer the question

he pointedly tried to deflect the question

unvote: vote: don_johnson
here. when you voted me. you lied, and then voted me.
The question was, why did you vote? You answered that question in a subsequent post, but I maintain that at the time of your vote you gave no reason. The problem with you doing that is it give you a chance to say any one of a million things and stay lower on the radar as a result. I'm going to coin the phrase, "Lynch-fishing." You trolled the water with a vote, then made it more serious with a backup reason after-the-fact. Then, when you DID finally give a reason for your vote, you also deflected by trying to play up my calldown of your actions into something they weren't.

Any response to that?
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:21 am

Post by Jahudo »

I think the point is Wall-e asked DJ if his Zorblag vote was serious. DJ responded "Do you think it's serious" which is a deflection. Then a couple of posts later DJ says "Yes it's serious". Then a couple of posts later Wall-e said "he didn't answer the question" and was referring to that original DJ post of "Do you think it's serious?".

I have a mild concern that DJ withheld his answer initially but then he gave that answer without pressure from Wall-e so I don't think it's very dismissive.

------

Brocktree's last posts here: Feb 23
Brocktree's last site post: Feb 23

animorph's last post here: Feb 5
animorph's last site post: Mar 1 (it's mostly Mish-Mash I think he abandoned all of his mafia games) Still big
FoS animorph

magisterrain's last post here: Jan 30
magisterrain's last site post: Feb 2

These all look like flakes, not scummy, but we need replacements if we're going to get anywhere today.

Mod: What's the status on replacements?
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:28 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Wall-e, what are your thoughts on hohum?
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:26 am

Post by Light-kun »

I agree with Jahudo on this, and I am sadly still waiting on claims. So, I'm reading, but my thought are on the town next move right now.
Show
Town: 2-3-0
Mafia: 1-0-0
Neu~: 0-0-0
-neu: 0-1-0
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:27 am

It'll be really bad if we don't finish this claim.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:41 am

Post by don_johnson »

this was in the post with my original vote on Zorblag:
dj wrote:let wall-e defend himself, please. if he is scum then we don't need to group claim. what he said wasn't all that clear. way to give him an out.
this implies the reasoning behind my vote. if you don't understand it, then ask for clarification. this was not during the RVS, so that would, by placement in the game, make it a serious vote.

further, to ask me if something is a "serious vote" is more "lynch-fishing" than me casting a vote with little reasoning. if you disagree with a vote, say why, but asking if its serious gives you the oppurtunity to decide(if you are scum) whether or not it will be a valid bandwagon to jump.

when asked for reasoning, i responded and answered. to say that i didn't is a lie. Wall-E lied. a more proper accusation would have been, "why did you initially deflect the question?", but that's not what wall-e asked or implied. he stated that i didn't answer the question, which i did. he lied.

Wall-E lied. LAL. get it?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:00 am

Post by Light-kun »

LAL is a terrible idea. Where are these claims?
Show
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:11 am

Post by don_johnson »

Light-kun wrote:LAL is a terrible idea. Where are these claims?
really? a terrible idea? so you are condoning a player voting another player based on blatant lie?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Empking's Alt
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:35 am

Post by Empking's Alt »

This is annoying, this is part of the reason why I didn't support MC.
AdjectivePick needs
replacements.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:35 am

Post by Jahudo »

I think we have enough to go on for now and we shouldn't wait for replacements that might take a while to replace in and catch-up. Besides there's 11 claimed vanillas that most likely contain 2 or more scum.

I think this is the vote count:
-----
Kieraen(2): Zorblag, Jahudo
hohum(3): Kmd4390, zwetschenwasser,
zwetschenwasser(2): Caboose, Empking's Alt
Empking's Alt(1): Kieraen
Don_johnson(2): orangepenguin, Wall-E
Wall-E(1): don_johnson
-----
Not voting(9): Killa Seven, hohum, Brocktree, ThAdmiral, animorpherv1, Magua, magisterrain, Light-kun
-----

The pool of vanillas and/or scum:

don_johnson, Empking's Alt, hohum, Jahudo, Kieraen, Kmd4390, orangepenguin, Wall-E, ThAdmiral, Caboose, Magua (and two of animorph, Brocktree, magisterrain).
-----

@Caboose and Empking: Why are you voting zwet? Do you think he's fake-claiming?
@Everyone not voting: Who do you think is scum?

I am voting for Kieraen for opportunistic voting day 1. He reversed his opinion on Dejkha completely without any prior reasoning. He looked jumpy by voting without reason, unvoting when called into question, then revoting basically on OMGUS:
Kieraen wrote:I find your instant attack of me for holding my hands up for a quick thoughtless voting unhelpful mainly for yourself.
It looked like he was forcing a reason to revote the viable lynch target.

Also post 514 looks like he's trying to keep his options open to voting whoever loses the argument between hohum and dej. Post 724 correlates with this theory because he dismisses his dej vote as "frustration" and that his real suspicions were on hohum the whole time. It looks like backtracking.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:40 am

Post by Empking »

don't want to change my vote till the GC is finished.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:58 am

Post by Magua »

Jahudo wrote:@Everyone not voting: Who do you think is scum?
Not enough information, yet. The last three groupclaims are very important for determining who might be lying (for instance, scum may have already claimed protection/investigation roles -- there's no way for us to verify without all the group claims.)

Much like in d1, I see a lot of votes being thrown around for silly and/or pedantic reasons. A lot of people were keen on lynching dejkha for making a post about lynching philosophy, and I'm reading more and more of that here.

That said, here's the populars who I'm not going to lynch at present:

1) zwet: Actually, my first choice to be lynched. However, unless more claims for the protection group come in, not someone I'm going to vote for.
2) Empking's Alt: I still don't believe that Empking is adding much useful to the town in terms of posts or content, but the volume of the posts has been turned down dramatically, making it much more bearable.

If I had to vote at the moment, which I don't want to do until the claim is done (or won't get done), is Kieraen. Not for the reasons you provide, which I'll be honest -- I don't buy -- but for his "that sucks" post at the beginning of d2, and the strange word choice, followed by a very odd-feeling defense. Gut feeling, mostly.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:00 am

I don't understand why everyone's letting hohum slide with declaring intentions to lurk and posting babbling scum furiousness instead of contributing.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by hohum »

I can't believe you're sitting here trying to make a case out of nothing. I told you why I was going to stop posting. I'm not going to sit here and argue with idiots like you. It just so happens that I haven't posted in ANY of my games all weekend long because I've been taking care of a sick friend.

@Zwet: I play this game on MY clock, NOT YOURS.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:25 pm

We don't play this game on my clock either, FYI.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:57 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

have the people who haven't claimed yet posted elsewhere?
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:01 pm

Post by Light-kun »

^ This has been pointed out already. See an above post and READ!!

*I think Kieran is scummy, but as the native pointed out, not enough information yet.
Show
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:35 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

yeah i must have skipped over it while reading.

This is yet another reason why the mass claim was a bad idea. although i do have to admit it will give us some focus for the coming days.

we do need it to be completed though.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:28 am

Post by don_johnson »

Jahudo wrote:I think we have enough to go on for now and we shouldn't wait for replacements that might take a while to replace in and catch-up.
what exactly are you suggesting? how is an incomplete group claim which outs towns power roles "enough to go on"? sure, someone in the vanilla area is definitely lying, but by moving forward without completing the claim you are giving the three players who didn't claim a free pass. this statement is scummy in that you seem to be implying that we go ahead and lynch someone. vote, pressure, sure. but to ignore the late claimers and not wait for replacements to catch up only benefits scum. my vote is out there, yes, but we should not be lynching someone until the claim is finished.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:04 am

Post by Wall-E »

don_johnson wrote:
Jahudo wrote:I think we have enough to go on for now and we shouldn't wait for replacements that might take a while to replace in and catch-up.
what exactly are you suggesting? how is an incomplete group claim which outs towns power roles "enough to go on"? sure, someone in the vanilla area is definitely lying, but by moving forward without completing the claim you are giving the three players who didn't claim a free pass. this statement is scummy in that you seem to be implying that we go ahead and lynch someone. vote, pressure, sure. but to ignore the late claimers and not wait for replacements to catch up only benefits scum. my vote is out there, yes, but we should not be lynching someone until the claim is finished.
Then why not unvote?
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:50 am

Post by don_johnson »

Wall-E wrote:
don_johnson wrote:
Then why not unvote?
you are in no danger of being lynched. if a bandwagon suddenly sprang up i would make(and am currently making) it clear that the claim should be finished. if only one or two people had claimed vanilla and the claim sputtered out it would not be as damaging, but to give three people a pass on the claim is just silly. by doing so, we are also giving a free pass to any scum who have already fakeclaimed a power role. claim needs to be finished. if it makes you feel better:

unvote

barring any power role claiming discrepancies, wall-e is my choice out of the vanilla claimers for today's lynch. if discrepancies arise i suggest we discuss them in greater detail before making a decision. how's that?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:52 am

Post by Jahudo »

don_johnson wrote:what exactly are you suggesting? how is an incomplete group claim which outs towns power roles "enough to go on"? sure, someone in the vanilla area is definitely lying, but by moving forward without completing the claim you are giving the three players who didn't claim a free pass. this statement is scummy in that you seem to be implying that we go ahead and lynch someone. vote, pressure, sure. but to ignore the late claimers and not wait for replacements to catch up only benefits scum. my vote is out there, yes, but we should not be lynching someone until the claim is finished.
I'm not suggesting that we lynch someone now, we're not even close to that. I'm saying we shouldn't just sit and do nothing because it might take a week or two to get our replacements in and caught up. I think there's a good chance for at least 2 scum in our pool of 11 vanillas and we shouldn't give
them
a free pass by shutting down the scumhunting operation.

I said nothing about lynch and I said nothing about ignoring magisterrain, animorph (who I FoSed) and brocktree. I'm trying to mention them and get the mod's attention that some people haven't posted in months. I realized the replacement request hasn't been put in yet and even when it does not many people are going to replace into a 48 page game and catch up that well or soon.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:59 am

Post by Wall-E »

Don: Why am I your choice for vanilla lynches today?
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:23 am

Post by don_johnson »

Wall-E wrote:Don: Why am I your choice for vanilla lynches today?
because you lied.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:15 am

Where the heck did he lie?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”