ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:47 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Wall-E wrote:Volatile? You have never seen me volatile.
"You wouldn't like me when I'm angry!"[/hulk]
zwetschenwasser wrote:ThAdmiral, LAL is not that amazing, IMO. It depends on the situation, I guess.
No, not amazing, but it's certainly one of the better guidelines of mafia. It certainly works better than most other tells in any case, like lurking/buddying/commenting on the night kill etc. Even fishing i think is less of a solid tell.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by Caboose »

LAL is actually not that reliable to me. I lie as a pro-town power role as much as I do as scum.

Besides, I don't think Wall-E "lied." don is taking what Wall-E said about him not answering the question to the most literal extreme. See the below quote.
zwet wrote:That's not a lie.
You didn't answer to the extent he wanted.
And I've found LAL fails 99% of the games I've been in, but that's probably just personal experience.
Brocktree
Brocktree
Goon
Brocktree
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by Brocktree »

Jahudo wrote:
Brocktree wrote:Well, considering you guys told me this last night after i got off the computer, and that i have school to do before getting on, well, my window of free time is not that big. Im working on it, okay?!?
It doesn't take that much time to write a short post once every three days, especially when most people here are writing short posts. Were you just have V/LA issues?

let's get dejkha back in here and find one more person bored enough to read 50 pages and let's get this show on the road.

And thank you for reading my previous post a page back, stating that my labtop has been out of reach (being upgraded) and i had NO WAY to get on. So go screw yourself.
Warring factions: A devious game of idiots
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:02 pm

Post by don_johnson »

Caboose wrote:LAL is actually not that reliable to me. I lie as a pro-town power role as much as I do as scum.

Besides, I don't think Wall-E "lied." don is taking what Wall-E said about him not answering the question to the most literal extreme. See the below quote.
And I've found LAL fails 99% of the games I've been in, but that's probably just personal experience.
you are quoting zwet. if you read the actual thread you will notice that wall-e actually is claiming i didn't answer a question he never asked. there seems to be a long line of crappy wall-e defense going on here. but whatever.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:13 am

Post by Wall-E »

ThAdmiral wrote:
Wall-E wrote:Volatile? You have never seen me volatile.
"You wouldn't like me when I'm angry!"[/hulk]
zwetschenwasser wrote:ThAdmiral, LAL is not that amazing, IMO. It depends on the situation, I guess.
No, not amazing, but it's certainly one of the better guidelines of mafia. It certainly works better than most other tells in any case, like lurking/buddying/commenting on the night kill etc. Even fishing i think is less of a solid tell.
But do you believe I lied, according to the textbook definition of a lie?

I realize this has become an important game-issue, and so I'm addressing it summarily.
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:15 am

Post by Wall-E »

don_johnson wrote:
Caboose wrote:LAL is actually not that reliable to me. I lie as a pro-town power role as much as I do as scum.

you are quoting zwet. if you read the actual thread you will notice that wall-e actually is claiming i didn't answer a question he never asked. there seems to be a long line of crappy wall-e defense going on here. but whatever.
I disagree that I lied. To me, the more important issue was that you deflected and then built a case against me.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:34 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

I actually don't think you did lie, per say, however your subsequent reactions seem to be somewhat frantic and I am trying to figure out why.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:21 am

Post by don_johnson »

wall-e wrote:I disagree that I lied.
ah. and there in lies the quandary. the case of "deflection" is pretty weak considering i have already explained what you thought was a deflection.

you asked "is your vote serious?" i asked you if you thought it was serious. then you got your answer. then, after you got the answer you said i didn't answer.
wall-e wrote:he
didn't
answer the question

he pointedly tried to deflect the question

why didn't you bold the word "deflect"? you chose to bold that i "didn't" answer a question that i
very clearly
answered. asking if a vote is serious on day 2 is kind of a stupid question in the first place. votes carry an inherent "abiity" to lynch. even if i was joking, why wouldn't you take it as serious? there was a small amount of reasoning attached directly to the vote and yet you question its "seriousness"?

when your case on me began it was about whether or not i answered the question(bolded) and included a samll amount of "deflection". thern, when called on the "lie" you posted this:
wall-e wrote:The question was, why did you vote?
i am confused, here was the original question which you accused me of not answering:
wall-e wrote:Is this a serious vote?
i am puzzled. when asked for response, the accusation was that i gave no reasoning behind the vote. i have already posted where i did. according to my dictionary, you "lied" twice. once when you accused me of not answering a questionn which i in fact answered, and now you are lieing about what the actual question was.

you asked this question:
wall-e wrote:If you disagree with the plan, why are you going along with it?
in response to my posting this:
dj wrote:i claimed because i'm vanilla and the group claim doesn't sound like an absolutely horrible idea, but zorb's persistence in pushing for the claim to occur before any votes or discussion takes place seems like he won't be content until he knows what everyone is.
it seems as though you are attempting to ask a question that has already been answered. what is the purpose of this?
wall-e wrote:Don: Why am I your choice for vanilla lynches today?
oh. i get it. you just like asking stupid questions. :)

^^ is this "deflecting" too?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:53 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Brocktree wrote:Wait, so we are claiming, but not being truthful about our claims?

I fail to see the logic in that beyond protecting docs and cops, but what info do we receive from it? It seems like a waste of time, and just to be a rebel, i will true claim:

Vanilla Townie. =P Thats right. Goddamned vanilla. We arent even a good flavour ice cream T_T
Um. We aren't being untruthful. Just not fullclaiming. And i fail to see how that is rebelling. You did exactly what we were asking.

Also, don is stretching severely on Wall-E's "lie".
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:14 am

Post by don_johnson »

don doesn't feel that he's "stretching". don is just puzzled as to why noone seems to notice the inconsistencies i have pointed out. if i'm wrong, then tell me why, don't just label me as "stretching".
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Empking's Alt
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:51 am

Post by Empking's Alt »

If Wall-E purposely told an untruth, that's a lie.
AdjectivePick needs
replacements.
Brocktree
Brocktree
Goon
Brocktree
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:05 am

Post by Brocktree »

Kmd4390 wrote:
Brocktree wrote:Wait, so we are claiming, but not being truthful about our claims?

I fail to see the logic in that beyond protecting docs and cops, but what info do we receive from it? It seems like a waste of time, and just to be a rebel, i will true claim:

Vanilla Townie. =P Thats right. Goddamned vanilla. We arent even a good flavour ice cream T_T
Um. We aren't being untruthful. Just not fullclaiming. And i fail to see how that is rebelling. You did exactly what we were asking.

Also, don is stretching severely on Wall-E's "lie".

Well i didnt understand that then but i do now.
Warring factions: A devious game of idiots
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:42 am

Post by don_johnson »

Empking's Alt wrote:If Wall-E purposely told an untruth, that's a lie.
do you think he lied, seeing as how he has posted two untruths in the past several pages?

or, has wall-e just "accidentally" made two mistakes in regards to the situation?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:53 pm

Post by Light-kun »

ThAdmiral wrote:I actually don't think you did lie, per say, however your subsequent reactions seem to be somewhat frantic and I am trying to figure out why.
TheAdmiral, it just really bothers me, but it isn't per say, it is per se. Here is a definition:

per se >adverb by or in itself or themselves.

per say would literally be: For each time said, which doesn't make any sense.

It isn't a big deal, but it is the second or third time I saw it today and it bothered me.

Don: The change of question isn't really huge. "Is that a serious vote?" has a connotation indicating that the person can't believe your voting or doesn't understand why.

Saying, "Why did you vote?" was the question isn't a lie as much as it is rephrasing.

That aside,
Wall-e
I want to hear your explanation of the questions as to the whole "answered" "didn't answer" dilemma. So please, do tell what happened or explicitly explain your problem with Don's answer, etc. (Simply: Explain your case.)
Show
Town: 2-3-0
Mafia: 1-0-0
Neu~: 0-0-0
-neu: 0-1-0
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:36 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

What the heck are you trying to pull with that stupid per ce crap, Light?
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Empking's Alt
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:44 pm

Post by Empking's Alt »

don_johnson wrote:
Empking's Alt wrote:If Wall-E purposely told an untruth, that's a lie.
do you think he lied, seeing as how he has posted two untruths in the past several pages?

or, has wall-e just "accidentally" made two mistakes in regards to the situation?
I thnk he did.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:35 am

No.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:31 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Light-kun wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:I actually don't think you did lie, per say, however your subsequent reactions seem to be somewhat frantic and I am trying to figure out why.
TheAdmiral, it just really bothers me, but it isn't per say, it is per se. Here is a definition:

per se >adverb by or in itself or themselves.

per say would literally be: For each time said, which doesn't make any sense.

It isn't a big deal, but it is the second or third time I saw it today and it bothered me.
I completely understand and I am sorry. Normally I am all over grammatical stuff but this one slipped by...
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:51 am

Post by don_johnson »

okay then. weekends are slow...

who are we waiting on?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:49 am

We need to find out what Light-kun is trying to pull. It screams "framejob" to me.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:12 am

Post by Wall-E »

You seem ultra defensive and like you're trying to out-noise me, don, and I'm not joining that screamer's match. I've fully addressed this issue in my posts. If anyone has a new question for me, please ask, but otherwise I'm going to let the town draw their own conclusions from what lies (get it) in the last few pages.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:17 am

Post by don_johnson »

Wall-E wrote:You seem ultra defensive and like you're trying to out-noise me, don, and I'm not joining that screamer's match. I've fully addressed this issue in my posts. If anyone has a new question for me, please ask, but otherwise I'm going to let the town draw their own conclusions from what lies (get it) in the last few pages.
we can agree to disagree. i don't even feel like i'm arguing with you any more to be honest. i am just surprised that noone else seems to care. i am kind of interested by zwet's latest reach.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:19 am

Um.. Read Light-kun's latest contributions and find out!
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:26 am

Post by Wall-E »

Don: I say I'm backing off and you back down and try to shift the attention of the thread to someone else? Someone, I might add, who is notoriously easy to bandwagon (zwet you noob). Is that accurate? Why was the case against me strong enough to make a page-long spectacle over but not strong enough to withstand a bit of apathy?
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:29 am

:shock: OH NO YOU DIDN'T!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”