Newbie 744 -- Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by Yaw »

Vote Count:

CntRational (4): ZazieR, Kmd4390, blueshadow, AshKetchummm
AshKetchummm (2): alexhans, CntRational
alexhans (1): yellowbunny
blueshadow (1): Raivann

Not Voting: syndromeofadown

5 to lynch.
Success breeds suspicion
yellowbunny
yellowbunny
Goon
yellowbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by yellowbunny »

blueshadow wrote: Kmd4390 wrote:
blueshadow, the major point against CnT is that he put Ash at L-1 without much reasoning. You just did the same thing with your CnT vote.

I know.

And yes, I did the exactly the same thing.
Blueshadow wrote: Raivann wrote:
I believe blue would have hammered CntR if he could have, before CntR could even post. I don't like his reasoning for lynch either saying "someone's gotta go first" and I believe that blue is deserving of my vote

What can I say? A good job maybe .... Very Happy

yellowbunny wrote:
Based on your posts, it seems like neither of you two are all that sure that CntRational is scum. Explain to me how a "Oh hell, lets just lynch someone already!" is very pro-town???

Welcome, yellowbunny.

No its not even pro-town. Just like I said before, "someone's gotta go first".
Blue, I am not sure exactly what sort of game you are trying to play here. Two people (myself and Kmd) have pointed out that your behavior doesn't make sense to the point of seeming scummy. And your response has been along the lines of "LAWL."

You admit that the case against you is as strong as the one against CntR AND that you are doing something which is not pro-town in two back to back posts. I feel like you are asking me to...

unvote vote: Blueshadow
AshKetchummm
AshKetchummm
Townie
AshKetchummm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:25 pm

Post by AshKetchummm »

Well even though it wasn't the hammer, I feel my vote is still in the right spot, and Cnt hasn't given a valid reason as to why I shouldn't vote for him.
blueshadow
blueshadow
Townie
blueshadow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:00 pm

Post by blueshadow »

yellowbunny wrote:Blue, I am not sure exactly what sort of game you are trying to play here. Two people (myself and Kmd) have pointed out that your behavior doesn't make sense to the point of seeming scummy. And your response has been along the lines of "LAWL."
I consider myself a pro-town role, however what I was doing is of couse not pro-town.
I will not explain what the hell I was doing cause explanation means concealing. But I can tell you my intended purpose is reached.

Maybe some of you has already figure it out.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:41 am

Post by ZazieR »

Finally, I'm no longer the only female around.
Thank you, yellowbunny for replacing.

Regarding post 161, I get a huge deja vu. Too bad the game's still ongoing...
But blueshadow deserves some attention due to this.

Post 167:
I'll let CntR respond first to the things you have said in this post, but so far, you're using fallacies.
I have numbered the quotes of mine you have used. The one on the top is 1, and the one at the bottom is 5.
So first of all, quote 1 and quote 4. Both are stating that he mentioned one lurker, but not another lurker. This would have only been suspicious if this happened with the same lurker over and over again (which isn't the case) as it mostly indicates a partner. Had it only stayed with the same lurker and if either this lurker or CntR would turn up scum, I'd have used it in a case against him. But as shown in the post where I vote him, I didn't use this point against him.
Quote 2 was in order to get to hear something from Mizz. At that point, those who didn't vote in their first post were the most discussed. And once again, I didn't use this as a reason to vote him.
As for quote 3, I used a part of it as basis for my vote. But on it's own, to me, it's not strong enough for a vote.
You may have seen that I'm waiting for his answer of one part of quote 5. As for the first part, he missed it according to him. Try to prove if this is a lie or not.

So in general, his last action was vote worthy, especially with the bits I have included.
Also, you aren't very convinced in this, or are you? No vote, while naming two players who are according to you the scumteam.

Will wait to hear CntR's response, but blue is begging for some votes as well (post 173).
Ignore the ''R''
yellowbunny
yellowbunny
Goon
yellowbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:13 am

Post by yellowbunny »

@Ash
Ash wrote: Well even though it wasn't the hammer, I feel my vote is still in the right spot, and Cnt hasn't given a valid reason as to why I shouldn't vote for him.
Okay...but WHY do you feel that your vote is still in the right spot? And considering s how the vast number of people in this game atm ARE town...shouldn't the question be less of a player needing to somehow prove his innocence so much as the onus is upon the people accusing him to provide good reasons he's scum?

Mind you, I am not saying that I don't find CntR at all scummy, because I do. But being willing to hammer over relatively weak arguments is very questionable.

Considering your predecessor's actions and now this...why should I not believe that YOU are scum Ash?

@Zaz: Thank you! I am equally psyched as this is the first game where I'm not the only female. :) Also your avetar is too cute! ^^

Okay, onto more pressing matters. I am curious as to why you still have your vote on CntR when he is L-1 (so anyone could hammer), and there are other people who are seeming very scummy.

@Blue
Blue wrote: I consider myself a pro-town role, however what I was doing is of couse not pro-town.
I will not explain what the hell I was doing cause explanation means concealing. But I can tell you my intended purpose is reached.

Huh??
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:33 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

SoaD, I can kind of see your logic on the bussing theory, but I don't see Zazie (an IC) bussing her partner (a newbie) that hard in a newbie game. The idea is to teach the game and bussing that hard goes against that.
blueshadow wrote: I know.

And yes, I did the exactly the same thing.
Why did you vote him?
blueshadow wrote: No
its not even pro-town.
Just like I said before, "someone's gotta go first".
Wait, what?
blueshadow wrote: I consider myself a pro-town role, however what I was doing is of couse not pro-town.

If it's not protown, why do it?

Unvote
because CnT is at L-1 and discussion is good right now.

Vote Blueshadow
for voting CnT with little reason (the same reason CnT was being wagoned), admitting anti-town actions, and witholding information from the town.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
syndromeofadown
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:13 am

Post by syndromeofadown »

ZazieR wrote:Also, you aren't very convinced in this, or are you? No vote, while naming two players who are according to you the scumteam. .
Nah, it's just something that came to mind when re-reading the thread that I thought might be interesting to bring up. Food for thought really, hence why it's a crazy theory :P
yellowbunny
yellowbunny
Goon
yellowbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:37 am

Post by yellowbunny »

@SOaD: What do you make of Blueshadow's behavior? Frankly, it doesn't make much sense to me (even for a scum trying to be town...although it makes even less sense if he is town).

Also, what do you make of Ash? And CntR? And do you have any additional theories (crazy or otherwise) about anyone else?
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:49 pm

Post by Yaw »

Yeah, alexhans seems to be gone. Looking for a replacement.
Success breeds suspicion
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:51 pm

Post by Raivann »

syndromeofadown wrote: This is what really pinged my scumdar. Remember when he didn't vote me in fear of l-2 and scum-rushing? Now he goes and puts someone at l-1 for no reason at all! And what makes this extra scummy is this:

Kmd4390 wrote:
I see that you[cntrational] were cautious as town in Newbie 709, so I won't hold it against you.

Does that look like a cautious townie move to any of you guys? Which brings up the question: Why would cntr do this if it was already established that he acts cautious as town? Would any (cnt) rational person really think that putting someone at l-1 just to "get the game going" would help himself or the town at all?
I agree with this part of syndrome's crazy theory time. Totally forgot about that. I think the strategy of Zazie being mafia partners with CntR and bussing him could be believable later in the game, but not day 1.

Where is CntR anyways?
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:00 pm

Post by Raivann »

oh yeah and welcome yellowbunny. :)
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
CntRational
CntRational
Townie
CntRational
Townie
Townie

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:05 am

Post by CntRational »

Include that he didn't give arguments why he wanted to vote Mizz (see post 78), not responding to Mizz her posts and ignoring a question:
Zazie wrote:And I'd also like to know what according to you the difference is between your posts so far and those of Mizz.
Quite honestly, my answer would have been that there wasn't much difference between the lack of content in either my posts or Mizz's, but that doesn't help me at all, so I felt that the best thing to do was to ignore the question...perhaps it wasn't, in retrospect.
ZazieR wrote:I so disagree with the above post.
First of all is the reason for putting Ash at L-1. It's just to get this game going, while there are lots of other ways to get this game going. Besides, CntR, what did you expect as response to this action?
I wished to put more pressure on Ash, and get more information...and I'm a very erratic person, really.
syndromeofadown wrote: *snip*
So the crazy theory of the day is:
this is all a brilliantly set up bussing/distancing ruse, and ZazieR and CntRational are mafia partners.
...indeed, it would be brilliant, but it isn't so, sorry. :P
Second, is that he didn't suspect Mizz at all, yet he's willing to put Ash at L-1. So far, I haven't seen any suspicions stated, except for the lurkers as lurkers make the game less fun, according to him. And even then, he misses them. So I'd like to hear who you suspect the most right now CntR?

I didn't have much suspicions before, however, I do now.
Looking at blueshadow's posts:
blueshadow wrote:
Raivann wrote: Talk about itching for a quick lynch!

Blueshadow would you have hammered if CntR was at L-1 before you voted?
I'm just talking about the truth.

Are you trying to scare me?
What? You didn't answer the question and instead countered with another question!
blueshadow wrote:
yellowbunny wrote:Blue, I am not sure exactly what sort of game you are trying to play here. Two people (myself and Kmd) have pointed out that your behavior doesn't make sense to the point of seeming scummy. And your response has been along the lines of "LAWL."
I consider myself a pro-town role, however what I was doing is of couse not pro-town.

Once again, ignoring the question and then giving us a "answer" saying that he has a concealed motive, if I translated that grammar properly.
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:31 am

Post by alexhans »

OK... Hi everybody... I just wanted to let you know that I had an accident practicing Taekwondo and nearly cracked my skull... I have to do a lot of resting now and Im not sure yet If I will undergo surgery or not (I'm out of risk irght now so probably not, Its not worth it just for aesthetics, I can take care of that in less risky but more patient ways).

I will catch up with the game this night or tomorrow and if by any chance, I need to absent myself, I'll let you know beforehand.

Sorry for the inconvinience.

This is the first time I touch a computer since Monday 2 (I spent nearly a week in a hospital.)
CntRational
CntRational
Townie
CntRational
Townie
Townie

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:15 am

Post by CntRational »

Vote:blueshadow

I knew I forgot something.

And ouch, alexhans. I hope it'll turn out okay...and it's all right, In fact, it's a gas.
yellowbunny
yellowbunny
Goon
yellowbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:38 am

Post by yellowbunny »

alexhans wrote: Sorry for the inconvinience.
Don't be silly man...just get better soon! :)
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:57 am

Post by Yaw »

Called off the search for a replacement for alexhans, since he's returned.
Success breeds suspicion
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:01 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I apologize for my drop in activity. Not good IC behavior on my part. The good news is I'll be caught up this afternoon.

(Marathon Day was the reason I wasn't around)
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:04 am

Post by alexhans »

first of all:

unvote

Mine was an intended pressure vote to get a reaction and the game going... and to see who would follow the bandwaggon... Unluckily i was absent to react quickly. Luckyly Ash was not quick lynched.

I just loved the way the crazy theory in #167 was presented... ;)

Im thinking this game is a bandwaggon-frenzy... we should stop voting so much to l-1 or whatever and start some serious discussion. Remember you can pressure someone with a FoS too.

I'll analize closely blueshadow's posts (And some others too, of course) ... but I don't want a quick lynch just like that. We need content.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:34 am

Post by ZazieR »

@CntR
Ignoring a question is never good.

Anyway, what did you expect as reaction from Ash by putting him at L-1?
Also, how come you didn't respond to post 167, except for SoaD's assumed scumpair?

@Yellowbunny
Blue replaced someone who had only one post with content. So I don't have anything on him yet.
Blue is definitly scummy for doing something he sees as scummy, and even voted someone for. And after looking at his posts, he backtracked away from Raivann (happy birthday to you BTW, Raivann :D) and he also didn't answer a question. It reminds me of Gimbo :(.
I'll definitly keep my eye on him, but CntR needs to respond to some things first.
Also, can you answer this question as well yellowbunny, as Blue is now at L-1.

Alex, I hope you'll get better soon.
Anyway, what do you think of CntR's vote against Ash and Blue's response to this?
Ignore the ''R''
yellowbunny
yellowbunny
Goon
yellowbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:41 am

Post by yellowbunny »

Zaz wrote: I'll definitly keep my eye on him, but CntR needs to respond to some things first.
Also, can you answer this question as well yellowbunny, as Blue is now at L-1.
You are implying that my vote is the same situation as yours, but I disagree -- I think there are small but significant differences. Namely, based on your posts, it seems to me that while you find CntR's behavior most scummy, you don't seem to feel that strongly that it *is for sure* scummy. (If I'm wrong about that, please correct me, since that was the basis for me asking that question.) While I think that Ash and CntR's behavior is scummy, I think Blue's behavior is MUCH MUCH MUCH more scummy than theirs...so I feel a lot more confident with a vote on him (even at L-1) than I do for anyone else.

Zaz, you will see Blue wrote:

When I read this...I see the following:

Sentence 1: He says he's a pro-town role, but he's doing something which isn't pro-town. To me, that makes me wonder why he says he's playing a pro-town role...but admits his actions aren't pro-town. Does that mean that he's pretending to be pro-town, and realizes what he did didn't jive with that role?
Sentence 2 & 3: Very anti-town. He admits he is being anti-town, won't explain why. He says "explanation means concealing"...if he's town...why would explaining = lying?
Sentence 4: I feel like he's hinting at himself being scum. I've been over this line a million times and I cannot figure out a pro-town reason for the things he's been doing.

One item to be considered here with Blue is he commented that English isn't his first language, so at first I thought maybe there was some miscommunication here (maybe some typos?) and that the post seemed "scummy" in part because it was unclear. So as he came under further questioning and votes, I expected Blue to respond & defend. But its been over 2 days since he posted last, and if there was a misunderstanding, he would have clarified by now.

All those things considered, the most logical explanation is that Blue is scum. If he is by some miracle actually town...then I'm REALLY not sure what he's trying to accomplish. Now is time to be defending if he's town.

Anyway, that's why I feel okay about leaving my vote on him at L-1. 8-)
yellowbunny
yellowbunny
Goon
yellowbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:40 am

Post by yellowbunny »

Oh yeah...happy birthday Raiv! :)
"Someone is playing with my mind, with my little gray cells. " - Hercule Poirot
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:13 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

alexhans wrote:first of all:

unvote

Mine was an intended pressure vote to get a reaction and the game going... and to see who would follow the bandwaggon... Unluckily i was absent to react quickly. Luckyly Ash was not quick lynched.
Did you gain any information from this?
alexhans wrote:Remember you can pressure someone with a FoS too.
Personally, I think the only purpose for an FoS is if you want to vote someone, but you think your vote is better where it is. Other than that, I don't use FoS. That's just me though.
ZazieR wrote:@CntR
Ignoring a question is never good.
Not true. If someone is rolefishing, you won't answer their questions, correct?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:13 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Happy Birthday Raiv.
AshKetchummm
AshKetchummm
Townie
AshKetchummm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by AshKetchummm »

yellowbunny wrote:@Ash
Ash wrote: Well even though it wasn't the hammer, I feel my vote is still in the right spot, and Cnt hasn't given a valid reason as to why I shouldn't vote for him.
Okay...but WHY do you feel that your vote is still in the right spot? And considering s how the vast number of people in this game atm ARE town...shouldn't the question be less of a player needing to somehow prove his innocence so much as the onus is upon the people accusing him to provide good reasons he's scum?
Well I gave valid reasons to support my vote, and I really think that he is scum, and also he has made no attempt to prove that he is innocent, all he did was say that he an erratic player, and then went on to point the direction at someone else, simply because they answered a question with a question.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”