Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:33 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

I'm here, my term's coming to an end soon but I'll try to be more active.
Immoral Acts: 0
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:30 pm

Post by roflcopter »

so, lowell, if deadline were imminent, the only two conceivably reachable deadline lynches were yos2 and gnkoichi, and you were the only person capable of moving your vote to one of these two people, which of them would you lynch?

once you've answered that, be a doll and vote for that person
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:32 pm

Post by roflcopter »

on an unrelated note, if mafiassk doesn't post in say, the next 24 hours, i advocate an all out balls to the wall lurker lynch
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:42 am

Post by Vino »

roflcopter wrote:so, lowell, if deadline were imminent, the only two conceivably reachable deadline lynches were yos2 and gnkoichi, and you were the only person capable of moving your vote to one of these two people, which of them would you lynch?

What the fuck?

I take it to be general agreement that most people think that KoC was recruited N1 and died N1 as well. So we know that obviously the CR has all of the information that town does, so when KoC claimed "fucked up townie" he knew he could safely recruit that person. I think we should be careful in establishing known pro-towns until the CR is dead, because it gives him/her safe people to recruit.

I think it is reasonable to assume that the CR must not be a mason, since that would give him way too many known townies to draw on, which means once again I will not be voting any masons, since getting this CR should be a high priority. It's bad to try to second guess the mod, but this is a reasonable risk to take in my opinion.
Vino wrote:Vig, SK, Mafia, Mafia, Doctor save
Vig, SK, Mafia
Vig, Mafia, Mafia
SK, Mafia, Mafia
Does anybody have any thoughts on these? Or perhaps there are other killing roles? Can we try to get some information out of the fact that there were three killings last night?

Also, we have a dead mafia, why is nobody looking for connections between mafia partners? Here's my pairings:

Admiral/EmpKing - Admiral seems to defend EmpKing
Admiral/MafiaSSK - They mostly ignore each other
Admiral/alvinz - They mostly ignore each other

Everybody else seems to me either hated Litradmiral enough to convince me, or seemed to be hated by Litradmiral.
Show
[url=http://www.calamityfuse.com/]Calamity Fuse, a multiplayer FPS/RPG[/url]
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Total prods: 1
Replaced out: 0
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:19 am

Post by Lowell »

roflcopter wrote:on an unrelated note, if mafiassk doesn't post in say, the next 24 hours, i advocate an all out balls to the wall lurker lynch
I'd vote for gnkoici, I think.

I still think there's non-mason scum out there, so I'm again not going to vote for a mason today.
Empking's Alt
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:13 am

Post by Empking's Alt »

Vino wrote:
roflcopter wrote:so, lowell, if deadline were imminent, the only two conceivably reachable deadline lynches were yos2 and gnkoichi, and you were the only person capable of moving your vote to one of these two people, which of them would you lynch?

What the fuck?

I take it to be general agreement that most people think that KoC was recruited N1 and died N1 as well. So we know that obviously the CR has all of the information that town does, so when KoC claimed "fucked up townie" he knew he could safely recruit that person. I think we should be careful in establishing known pro-towns until the CR is dead, because it gives him/her safe people to recruit.

I think it is reasonable to assume that the CR must not be a mason, since that would give him way too many known townies to draw on, which means once again I will not be voting any masons, since getting this CR should be a high priority. It's bad to try to second guess the mod, but this is a reasonable risk to take in my opinion.
Vino wrote:Vig, SK, Mafia, Mafia, Doctor save
Vig, SK, Mafia
Vig, Mafia, Mafia
SK, Mafia, Mafia
Does anybody have any thoughts on these? Or perhaps there are other killing roles? Can we try to get some information out of the fact that there were three killings last night?

Also, we have a dead mafia, why is nobody looking for connections between mafia partners? Here's my pairings:

Admiral/EmpKing - Admiral seems to defend EmpKing
Admiral/MafiaSSK - They mostly ignore each other
Admiral/alvinz - They mostly ignore each other

Everybody else seems to me either hated Litradmiral enough to convince me, or seemed to be hated by Litradmiral.
Vino: How do you know that the CR can recruit masons?
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:50 am

Post by roflcopter »

@vino: do you think litral/admiral + gnkoichi is a plausible scumpair? if no, why not?
soi soi soi

Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:33 am

Post by Lowell »

at least someone is trying to keep the game moving. kudos you you, rofl.

I don't consider the CR recruiting masons to be much of a slip. With a billion masons in such a small game I find it hard to believe it can't happen. That the first recruit
wasn't
a mason is a little interesting, though. It suggests to me that the cult recruiter is probably not a mason. I think a mason recruiter would have recruited a fellow mason to start, assuming them less likely to die on D1 (also, making it easier and more plausible for the two of them to defend each other).
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:43 am

Post by Vino »

Empking's Alt wrote:Vino: How do you know that the CR can recruit masons?
I don't see why not. Is there any rule that says he can't? I've never been in a game with a cult before, or masons for that matter.

roflcopter, Koichi rained quite hard down upon Litral at the beginning of the game with that silly bandwagoning deal. Every other post since then has had Litral in it. He then calls on the mod for prods and accusing Litral of lurking, and retains him as his #1 suspect, then is one of the first people to vote Admiral. Seems much too strong to be bussing. Not that I don't think Koichi has been acting fairly anti-town, but I just don't see any kind of pairing with Litradmiral. If anything Koichi might be a Lyncher with a Litral target.

Why do you mention this pairing, above other possible ones?
Show
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:54 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

There was certanly nothing in the mason PM implying we were unrecruitable.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:17 am

Post by roflcopter »

vino, i'm just going by memory because if half the players in this game can't be assed to play then i can be assed to reread 50 pages of stupidity, but from what i recall when the suspecting of litral first began way back when, gnkoichi was one of the first people i suspected of being his possible scumpartner. interestingly, i'm pretty sure you were the other.

there is way too much talking about what is or is not a good move for the cult recruiter to make and not nearly enough scum hunting going on in this game.
soi soi soi

Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:36 am

Post by Vino »

I am surprised you gave a straight answer.

Yes, you did say that you suspect Koichi and Litral and I don't like Koichi's play either, but I just don't see the two of them as working together. Perhaps he is on another mafia team, or an SK, or the CR, but not Litral's partner.

Then again, you also said this:
roflcopter wrote:gonna go ahead and call it now. the scumteam is found within {strangercoug, knights of cydonia, litral, vino, gnkoichi}
... which from my view is certifiably wrong. SC and KoC flipped town, and I don't see Litral and Koichi as having worked together. Doesn't this mean that you are compelled to vote me as Litral's partner? Or are you no longer of the same opinion that you were back then?
Show

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:48 am

Post by roflcopter »

unless its a scum team of only three people i was obviously wrong about the whole team being within those five, but i still think its a pretty good possibility you and koichi are scum together, and on litral's team. your out and out defence of koichi is further hardening my resolve.
soi soi soi

Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by Vino »

roflcopter wrote:unless its a scum team of only three people i was obviously wrong about the whole team being within those five, but i still think its a pretty good possibility you and koichi are scum together, and on litral's team. your out and out defence of koichi is further hardening my resolve.
Who ever said I am defending Koichi? I've only said I don't think he's Litral's partner, and I gave good reasons for that. That doesn't mean I don't think he's anti-town. I don't like his play all that much and wouldn't flinch to see him lynched, I'm certainly not defending him.
Show

GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:33 am

Post by GnKoichi »

Not only am I not Litral's partner, I'm also not scum. Which will be a really interesting post-game discussion if nothing else.

Anyways, I'm just checking in so as not to appear lurkful. Still think PotS was being manipulative today which, combined with her first day attacks, makes me very secure in my vote. Nothing else today seems worth noting. Most people just sound panicked, and a little paranoid, but I'm not seeing any major scum tells in it. A few people are keeping a leveler head, but that does not equate to innocence, so most of this day has been null in my mind.
---
No matter where you go, there you are.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:40 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Whatever. REPLACE ME. NOW. I can't find someone from Kursi to do it so replace me!
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:00 am

Post by armlx »

Replacing MafiaSSK + vote count, but not today
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:11 am

Post by Vino »

Real men don't pull out.
Show

Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:38 am

Post by Vino »

On a completely unrelated note, I will be absent Saturday - Wednesday this coming week for vacation, and absent Tuesday - Saturday the next week for GDC. I'll try to get on and post during those times but no guarantees.
Show

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:55 am

Post by roflcopter »

Vino wrote:Real men don't pull out.
LOL
soi soi soi

alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:42 pm

Post by alvinz95 »

Vino wrote:Admiral/alvinz - They mostly ignore each other
I did not post at all to the game when Admiral was replaced in, so I technically didn't 'ignore' him; I had know clue he was in the game until night.

Why are you trying to make it seem as though I'm affiliated with Admiral?

Also, here is the only post referring to me from Admiral I caught;
ThAdmiral wrote:There are also numerous posts by alvin during this period in which he appears to be buddying with rofl. So scum points there.
I think all priorities should go towards the cult recruiter. The cult recruiter candidates should be someone who is very cautious and posts every so often but minimally, not making much noise, but staying in the game. Makes occasional posts that follow people and hops on wagons. I'm thinking orangepenguin or numberfourteen(I think one of them is a mason so just tell me who) Leaning towards numberfourteen.
Numberfourteen wrote:wierd.. I could have sworn that I already had voted him, but I guess I haven't, so
Vote Litral
Bandwagon.
Numberfourteen wrote:I am not purposly lurking. When no one is talking, there is nothing to talk about. I still think that TheAd is the best lynch, but I would also be willing to coordinate a lynch on empking if neccasary.
This sounds pretty cautious.
Numberfourteen wrote:This is a wagon I can get behind! I was on the fence as to weather or not I wanted to join the wagon, but the self vote just put it over the edge. That is one of my biggest pet peaves! TheAd is still my number one choice, but this train looks pretty good too
Unvote, Vote: Koichi
Another bandwagon.
Numberfourteen wrote:Awesome, I can put TheAd back into the majority,
Unvote, Vote TheAd
Again?
Numberfourteen wrote:ok, so almost a whole page posted while I was typing my post. I can't believe I am about to let PotS of the hook here, but
Unvote, Vote KoC
. those lst couple posts were beyond scummy... I would put a pretty large sum of money on you coming up as an anti-town role.

KoC has to "ask" to lynch. Then he "Wants" to vote but doesn't. He has been very quiet until the point that someone is about to get lynched.
Numberfourteen wrote:I swear, every couple days this game is completly different. I am still a big fan of my KoC vote. He says very little all game, then starts posting alot right before the lynch. He fell for the PotS trap and fell hard. Then has a complete meltdown, and starts reciting poetry? That doesn't even include the self vote. Which I don't understand at all since he is no where near lynching? It seemed like a complete parody of PotS, but it is still there which seems strange to me.
Numberfourteen wrote:Also I guess it is time to
Unvote
Ummm, random? I swear no relative post was inbetween these. Heavily favors a KoC lynch, then just drops it when everyone else does.
-As you can see, Numberfourteen jumped on all 4 major wagons Day 1 by using the excuse that "its not my choice but for the sake of a lynch". Sounds cautious, and an urgency to get to Night, like a cult recruiter would do.
orangepenguin wrote:I think her plan make sense, if we're going after the cult person. I am not positive that you're the cultist, but I do think you are scum.
If you think she is scum, and claim that you're going after the cultist, why are you voting GnKoichi?
orangepenguin wrote:
unvote, vote: GnK

Don't like vote on rolf, don't like buddying up with "townadmiral" nor the 180 GnK did, from thinking TheAd = scum, to thinking TheAd = town. These last couple of pages just makes me feel uneasy about either of them, and considering the we're getting close to deadline, I feel comfortable switching over.
This is similar to numberfourteen. 'switching for the deadline'
orangepenguin wrote:I don't think GnK's is really that weak, but I don't think Vino is that scummy, therefore, I think the case is just kind of bad in general. If that make sense.
Doesn't pick a side. Wishywashy. Cautious
orangepenguin wrote:Well, I didn't really think it was worth a vote at the time, which is why I held off, but I was really annoyed, and SC kind of pushed me over the edge with his "by all means, attack her if you think she is scum". I probably should've voted outright, because my opinion of her didn't really change in the 15 minute timeframe that I waited, but yeah. I am not really convinced PoS is scum anymore, now that I am aware of her past playstyle, meta, and whatnot. That really doesn't clear her of being scum, but the hypocrisy doesn't really seem as relevant, in a way.
Fluff? Sounds as though orangepenguin is trying not to get attacked by laying off his suspicions. Doesn't take a firm stance. Again kinda cautious.
orangepenguin wrote:About KoC, now that he has pointed out stuff like the breadcrumb, I guess it seems pretty obvious now, but whatever. KoC could've posted more helpful poems, instead of creative..allusions to what he truly meant. Meh.
I think GnKoichi is scum, but our focus should be the recruiter first.

woah did alvinz95 just post something useful? how miraculous

Vote: Numberfourteen
Is back.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:43 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I've voting GnK..like I said, because I think they're scum. Right now, I have no clue who the CR could be (unless..is CR Riot in this game?) so I'd rather have my vote on someone I think is scum, rather than nowhere. That wouldn't really help.

Finding the CR should be a priority, but since I don't know how to actually find the recruiter, I can't really place a vote towards someone for that. I've never actually played with a CR, but I would imagine each CR in different games play the CR role differently. Don't know how true the "post cautious/minimally" thing is..but wouldn't that apply to you? I haven't really read any of your posts, besides the above, in isolation, or anything like that, so I have no idea if you're cautious, but you definitely have been posting minimally.

I just read the Cult wikipage, and I am still kind of confused. Did the mod say the cult was a third party? I would assume so. It kind of sounds like a cool role, from a game playing aspect. Does anyone here have cult experience? Like..have you played as a culter - and if so, how did you play? Was it cautious and minimally posts like alvin states?

How do you hunt a cult recruiter though? Are there tells some place?
Empking's Alt
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:39 pm

Post by Empking's Alt »

Yosarian2 wrote:There was certanly nothing in the mason PM implying we were unrecruitable.
Is there usually something in role PMs of hidden cult games to tell them that they're unrecruitable?
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:22 am

Post by roflcopter »

um... wow. nice work alvinz.

unvote, vote: numberfourteen
soi soi soi

Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:37 am

Post by Lowell »

shameless plug for my game in Mish Mash. Find it and sign up, and I won't vote for you.

Probably.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”