Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:15 am

Post by roflcopter »

this game very badly wants more attentive modding
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:40 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

alvinz95: Interesting case, and if there is a scum mason and it's not gn, number14 is another possibility; however, I still don't think a mason cult recruiter is that likely.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:47 pm

Post by roflcopter »

unvote, vote: yosarian2
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:11 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yeah; yeah.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:25 pm

Post by armlx »

roflcopter wrote:this game very badly wants more attentive modding
Sorry, have been very busy lately, and am in the process of getting a back up mod.

Empking- 3- Vino, Lowell, Penguins of the Serengeti
DGB- 1- Empking
Yosarian2- 1- Roflcopter
Penguins of the Serengeti- 1- Gnkochi
Gnkochi- 1- OrangePenguin
Head Honcho- 1- Yosarian2
Numberfourteen- 1- Alvinz95
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:17 pm

Post by roflcopter »

a town mason has no way of knowing beyond absolutely wild and baseless conjecture whether or not it is possible for one of the masons to be the cult recruiter

therefore, for a town mason to hypothesize in thread that this is not possible (and on top of that, then admit that trying to outguess the mod is a BAD FUCKING IDEA), would be beyond stupidity. if a town mason said this and was wrong, they would just be giving the cult recruiter mason a free ride for the rest of the game.

i very much doubt that anyone in this game is stupid enough to do so, i am absolutely certain that yosarian2 is not stupid enough to do so

the only person who benefits from the town believing that the cult recruiter could not possibly be a mason is a CULT RECRUITER WHO IS A MASON.

now, please, for the love of god, start voting for yosarian2
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:28 pm

Post by roflcopter »

here you go guys, silver platter

teh scumzorz: vino, gnkoichi

teh recruiter: yosarian2

this post brought to you by the town's obvious lack of trying, so that on future days when i'm dead you can look back and be reminded that vino and gnkoichi need to get lynched

yosarian is getting lynched today

lowell and penguins, you're both obvtown and have been since forever, please get off the empking wagon and join me in lynching yosarian2 for great justice. voting along with scumvino is just making you look silly.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:58 pm

Post by roflcopter »

16 players to start means the scumgroup was probably 4 players. i'm gonna venture a guess and say the 4th is ssk. vino and gnk are locks though.
soi soi soi

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:43 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

roflcopter wrote:a town mason has no way of knowing beyond absolutely wild and baseless conjecture whether or not it is possible for one of the masons to be the cult recruiter
I've explained like 3 times why I think that, for setup reasons, it's unlikely for a mason to be a cult recruiter. If you disagree with my logic, then explain why. I'm not going to go along with some stupid mason lynch that I think is a bad idea just because you get all freaking paranoid every time I say what I think.

Call me "stupid" all you want, rofl, it dosn't prove your damn point.

Also, dosn't this whole paranoid "Oh, he's just trying to make us think a cult recruiter mason is unlikely thing to protect himself" theory of yours totally conflict with how I was trying to lynch a mason yesterday because I thought he was a scum mason?
Empking's Alt
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:35 am

Post by Empking's Alt »

'
Unvote

Vote: Pots
AdjectivePick needs
replacements.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:47 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Empking's Alt wrote:'
Unvote

How shocking. You really had me on the edge of my seat there..

If we're lynching the CR and not scum today, I will
unvote GnK, vote: Yosarian
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:52 am

Post by roflcopter »

Yosarian2 wrote:
roflcopter wrote:a town mason has no way of knowing beyond absolutely wild and baseless conjecture whether or not it is possible for one of the masons to be the cult recruiter
I've explained like 3 times why I think that, for setup reasons, it's unlikely for a mason to be a cult recruiter. If you disagree with my logic, then explain why. I'm not going to go along with some stupid mason lynch that I think is a bad idea just because you get all freaking paranoid every time I say what I think.

Call me "stupid" all you want, rofl, it dosn't prove your damn point.

Also, dosn't this whole paranoid "Oh, he's just trying to make us think a cult recruiter mason is unlikely thing to protect himself" theory of yours totally conflict with how I was trying to lynch a mason yesterday because I thought he was a scum mason?
i didn't call you stupid yos, i called you scum
soi soi soi

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

roflcopter wrote: the only person who benefits from the town believing that the cult recruiter could not possibly be a mason is a CULT RECRUITER WHO IS A MASON.
Or, a pro-town, if they are right.

Look, your whole "ONLY SCUM OUTGUESS THE MOD" thing here is just wrong. Whenver someone has a claim, everyone has to try to "outguess the mod" and guess both how likely the claim is, and what the odds are of that claim being scum. We ALL did that yesterday, when we ALL speculated that it was likely for a member of the masonry to be scum since there were 5 masons and setup balance and yadda yadda yadda, and you didn't have a problem with it then. Now that I'm speculating that it's unlikely for a mason to be a cult recruiter for setup balance reasons, you suddenly have a huge problem with that kind of speculation?

Since I was in absolutly no danger at the time, and I never tried to use that as a way to defend myself, that just seems like rampent "OMG YOS MUST BE SCUM" paranoia. Especally since the main point of my last post was to try and prod alvinz95 on what his opinion was on the subject, since he did a whole big analysis of number 14 and yet totally failed to mention number 14's outed role at any point in his analysis, which seemed odd; I wasn't even sure if alvinz realized number 14 was a mason.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:43 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

orangepenguin wrote:
Empking's Alt wrote:'
Unvote

How shocking. You really had me on the edge of my seat there..

If we're lynching the CR and not scum today, I will
unvote GnK, vote: Yosarian
So, you got any actual logic behind that?

I realize you're very likely a scum mason, but even so, you scum need to help the town lynch the cult recruiter today if you want any chance of winning, so I'd suggest you help me find him today.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:18 pm

Post by roflcopter »

mod, please do a round of prods/replacements

Mass Prod Done
-armlx
soi soi soi

Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:47 am

Post by Lowell »

I still don't really see the case on yos. The mason-recruiter thing doesn't mean that much to me.
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:54 am

Post by Vino »

roflcopter wrote:16 players to start means the scumgroup was probably 4 players.
A townie has no way of knowing beyond absolutely wild and baseless conjecture how many mafia players there are in this game.

roflcopter, you seem like an intelligent guy, but I am avoiding passing judgment on you because your recklessness makes it hard to pin down your motives. I wish that you would calm down and act more consistently and use your head a little bit, to help everybody else get a solid read on you. If you're town, you'll calm down and help us find scum.

On alvinz: Did anybody else think that his framing of OP and #14 was rather suspicious? Maybe I'm imagining things. I consider these two people to be pro-town, especially #14, so it looks to me like an attempt to smear dirt on the face of some otherwise town players. He does the straw man "A CR would be like X" and then applies it to these two players as if it were fact. I would say that a CR has many options on how to play and this argument is engineered to make two townies look bad and try to provoke a lynch.

That said, OP's #1221 does look rather suspicious, I'm still trying to decide whether the comments and questions therein are contrived. He's been in quite a bit many games to seem so clueless about CR's.

My limited internet continues until Thursday, but is less limited than I previously thought it would be.
Show
[url=http://www.calamityfuse.com/]Calamity Fuse, a multiplayer FPS/RPG[/url]
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Total prods: 1
Replaced out: 0
Penguins of the Serengeti
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:05 am

Post by Penguins of the Serengeti »

Usually, cult leaders that attempt to recruit scum, die.

I have to think about this.
[size=75][color=Brown][i][url=http://web-o-rama.net]Penguins in the Serengeti and in the Ngorongoro Crater have been studied continuously since the 60's hoping the birds will lead us to their secretive prey, the sand cod.[/url][/i][/color][/size]
Empking's Alt
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:25 am

Post by Empking's Alt »

Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:Usually, cult leaders that attempt to recruit scum, die.

Is that true in large games?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:04 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Empking's Alt wrote:
Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:Usually, cult leaders that attempt to recruit scum, die.

Not that I've seen...usually, in a large game, when a cult recuiter tries to recruit scum, the recruit attempt fails, but they don't die. The other way is a bit too swingy and random for the taste of most game designers, IMHO.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:32 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Vino wrote:
roflcopter wrote:16 players to start means the scumgroup was probably 4 players.
A townie has no way of knowing beyond absolutely wild and baseless conjecture how many mafia players there are in this game.

roflcopter, you seem like an intelligent guy, but I am avoiding passing judgment on you because your recklessness makes it hard to pin down your motives. I wish that you would calm down and act more consistently and use your head a little bit, to help everybody else get a solid read on you. If you're town, you'll calm down and help us find scum.

On alvinz: Did anybody else think that his framing of OP and #14 was rather suspicious? Maybe I'm imagining things. I consider these two people to be pro-town, especially #14, so it looks to me like an attempt to smear dirt on the face of some otherwise town players. He does the straw man "A CR would be like X" and then applies it to these two players as if it were fact. I would say that a CR has many options on how to play and this argument is engineered to make two townies look bad and try to provoke a lynch.

That said, OP's #1221 does look rather suspicious, I'm still trying to decide whether the comments and questions therein are contrived. He's been in quite a bit many games to seem so clueless about CR's.

My limited internet continues until Thursday, but is less limited than I previously thought it would be.
Well, if you want a list of all the games I've played on this site, you'll see that I've never played with a cult before. I've been in plenty of games, at least about 20, but I have never had to deal with cults or anything.

Just to make sure, I'll double check and everything, but I am almost positive that I've never played with cults before. Then again, I've played only 1 game with werewolves in them, 0 with jesters in them, and only 1 with millers in it. There are lots of roles I've never played with before.
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by GnKoichi »

PotS is now trying to stay under the radar, since I caught her being tricky. One post with nothing of value in it.

There is way too much talk about the set-up and too little about the players. Rofl seems like the biggest pusher of that, which could be a power role trying to act like a thoughtful vanilla. Let's move past this. The set-up is strange, whatever it is, and speculation is useless. Get back to people or be scum from here on in.
---
No matter where you go, there you are.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Well, I still think Head Hancho is the most likely suspect for cult recruiter. He's vanished, so it's hard to say anything new about him, but I still want to lynch him today.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:47 am

Post by roflcopter »

GnKoichi wrote:PotS is now trying to stay under the radar, since I caught her being tricky. One post with nothing of value in it.

There is way too much talk about the set-up and too little about the players. Rofl seems like the biggest pusher of that, which could be a power role trying to act like a thoughtful vanilla. Let's move past this. The set-up is strange, whatever it is, and speculation is useless. Get back to people or be scum from here on in.
lol speculating that i'm a power role in thread huh? you could not be more obvious scum.
soi soi soi

Empking's Alt
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:34 am

Post by Empking's Alt »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Empking's Alt wrote:

Not that I've seen...usually, in a large game, when a cult recuiter tries to recruit scum, the recruit attempt fails, but they don't die. The other way is a bit too swingy and random for the taste of most game designers, IMHO.
That's what I thought.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”