don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:37 am

Post by don_johnson »

Zachrulez wrote:I'm glad I was dead.

As I read through day 2, I thought that Issac was scum and Phate was pro-town. Boy was I ever wrong.

My jaw literally dropped when Phate flipped scum, I couldn't believe it.

Still glad the town won. (No thanks to my help, I really did jack shit in this game.)
true dat. i am so sorry. i completely misplayed my role and was dead wrong on so many levels. i'll take the win, though, i have no idea how you guys sifted through the madness of this thread. way interesting set up by the mod. kudos!
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
McNuke
McNuke
Townie
McNuke
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:11 am

Post by McNuke »

I am way to busy to be playing this game. I knew I would not have much time on the last day so I tried to blitz ToD which turned out badly when I did not have the time to respond the next few days.

Honestly I am surprised how far I made it as SK. I did not post as much as I would have wanted to early game, but for some reason I did not get called out much for it.

btw my role was Silent Killer, not radiant or w/e and I had no ability that stopped people from using their roles. I was very surprised when trumpet received that for his investigation.
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:51 am

Post by Isacc »

I told yall Phate was scum...

BB I had a strong gut suspicion on since the beginning of Day 2, but I knew he was playing too well for me to actually make an argument against and pin down.

I am laughing so hard that Mknuke almost won. He's an RL friend of mine, and he lurked...and lurked...and lurked...and lurked....he should have SO been called out on that. Ironically, it had nothing to do with his role (you have no clue how often I told him to post xD).

Also, what I find really ironic, is that Mknuke actually played really well the final day, and that the reason he was hammered made essentially no sense. I find it funny that although RBT missed the 1000 reasons why Mknuke was obviously the SK, he voted him for something that really proved nothing. Lulz to that.

Anyways, good play BB and Psycho, and Percy. Yay we won =D

Sorry Zach and Don, I legitimately thought one or both of you were scum. However, those were in my "bad arguments are scummy" days, which I have revised and am working on.
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:51 pm

Post by Percy »

Yay Town!

That was the longest Day 1 I've ever been in. Lots of fun, though!

Who killed me, btw?
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:33 pm

Post by Isacc »

I'm guessing you died due to my claiming that we were the same role, which makes perfect sense. Unfortunately, I had no way of knowing that Rogue would be a supersaint and so they ended up knowing my role, which led them to realize you must be the doc.
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:25 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

Yay town.
I nailed 2/3 scumbags and the sk (and a doctoor, but meh), and knew BB was scum right after I died and BB started talking about the night results, and confirmed it when BB said the game was imbalanced toward the scum.
Show
Why, yes, I do exist simply to make your life a living hell.
Win-Loss
Town: 10-3
Scum: 5-2
Serial Killer: 0-2
PsychoSniper
PsychoSniper
Goon
PsychoSniper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:09 pm

Post by PsychoSniper »

magnus, is RBT really your twin?

I have to say, if I were any role other than the even-night cop, I would have suspected RBT. His play…..confuses me.

I had the impression that B_B was subtly buddying up to me after I revealed my cop role. Can't really get anything substantial though, until the point when he kept insisting that Trumpet use his kill and that we still lynch on the same day, that was when he really became the most suspicious to me.
McNuke
McNuke
Townie
McNuke
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:12 am

Post by McNuke »

magnus_orion wrote:Yay town.
I nailed 2/3 scumbags and the sk (and a doctoor, but meh), and knew BB was scum right after I died and BB started talking about the night results, and confirmed it when BB said the game was imbalanced toward the scum.
btw I killed you as SK.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:05 am

Post by magnus_orion »

Well, I think that you should have lynched and killed in the same day:
You examine BB and then shoot mcnuke, seeing as how if he was a physchiatrist, it would be in the SK's best interest to claim. Then you string up BB when he's revealed to be the scum that he really is.

Yes, I was LF's and by extension, RBT's (as well as EMM's) twin.
Every town role was linked to another role. That became increasingly obvious as day 1 went on. That's why BB was obviously lying.
Also, a simple wiki search of all those italian names along with the word mafia revealled that they were all in mafia dramas, but the itallian immigrant flavor looked like it was included to discourage a mass claim.

Nice attempt at pulling the same trick as in the book, though, BB :wink:
Show
Win-Loss
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:58 am

Post by magnus_orion »

double post
Also, what I find really ironic, is that Mknuke actually played really well the final day, and that the reason he was hammered made essentially no sense. I find it funny that although RBT missed the 1000 reasons why Mknuke was obviously the SK, he voted him for something that really proved nothing. Lulz to that.
no.
That was a prefectly good reason.
RBT was practically confirmed town, and scum being given fakeclaims, judging by how they had gone throughout the game, is a ridiculous notion.

Because of LF's gambit, there was no reason RBT could have been looked at as scum. There was no reason for McNuke to target RBT as a psychiatrist, other than to try and prove someone scum by process of elimination. In fact, he posted a whole case-load of reasons that he clearly had thought of during the night phase, of why TOD had a better chance of being the SK. So he should have targeted TOD as a psychiatrist.
As a serial killer fakeclaiming psychiatrist, however, his only possible option was to claim he targetted RBT, so that he wouldn't have the confirmed town stuck as the SK.
Of course his best bet would probably been to have left psycho sniper alive as he was more likely to be sk than any other player besides McNuke, but McNuke killed him, most likely because Psycho suspected him.

So, while it was an odd nightkill choice, because of it McNuke cornered himself; there was no reason for RBT to be the target of a psychiatrist over TOD, as mcnuke demonstrated so well himself.
Show
Win-Loss
UnofficialRulerOfEveryone
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:04 am

Post by UnofficialRulerOfEveryone »

SK1 Radiated Silent Killer (O.J. Simpson) McNuke
M1 Mafia Goon (Super-Saint Vengeful) (Adriano) Grimmy
M2 Mafia Framer (Vinnie) Beyond_Birthday
M3 Mafia Ringleader (Giovanni) Phate
T1 Nurse (Ghita) Isacc
T2 Lovestruck Townie/Even-Night Vigilante (Revealed as Lovestruck Townie if Barbie lives.) (Ken) Zachrulez
T3 Seducer (Barbie) don_johnson
T4 Odd-Night Cop (Ed) riceballtail
T5 Even-Night Cop (Joe) PsychoSniper
T6 Incompetent Doctor (50%) (Massimo) Percy
T7 Twin Town Watcher (Ed) magnus_orion
T8 Back-Up Vigilante (Becomes Lovestruck Vigilante only if Barbie lives.) (Marcus) (ROLE CHANGE! [UA1 Scarred (Marco) AKA Confused Weak Cowardly One-Shot Devil's Advocate]) Trumpet of Doom

More coming... eventually.
Show
I OWN PANTS!

I am URoE! Ruler of all things stupid!

Town: 1 - 4
Scum: 1 - 2

I suck.

[01:53:40] <@Phayt> ATTENTION DUELISTS
[01:53:51] <@Phayt> i'd just like to express derision and amusement that someone considers uroe to be a good player
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

I had investigated ToD, and got "zodiac", which is why I had specifically asked him what role he had. I had to make the assumption that he might actually have a role that changed every night, and would provide a rational reason for the awkward claim.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
PsychoSniper
PsychoSniper
Goon
PsychoSniper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:29 pm

Post by PsychoSniper »

UnofficialRulerOfEveryone wrote:SK1
Radiated
Silent Killer (O.J. Simpson) McNuke
Ah, I guess that's part of the role that McNuke himself doesn't know.

O.J. Simpson, eh? So there
is
someone with a last name, albeit the only one.
Riceballtail wrote: I had investigated ToD, and got "zodiac", which is why I had specifically asked him what role he had. I had to make the assumption that he might actually have a role that changed every night, and would provide a rational reason for the awkward claim.
Well, you must remember that you have been proven insane (as proven by the name evilmatt got when he investigated Rogue), so whatever result you got wouldn't be Trumpet's role anyway.

I think Zodiac was a RL serial killer that was never caught. Maybe that was a reference (only an insane one) to the role?
McNuke
McNuke
Townie
McNuke
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:54 pm

Post by McNuke »

Riceballtail wrote:I had investigated ToD, and got "zodiac", which is why I had specifically asked him what role he had. I had to make the assumption that he might actually have a role that changed every night, and would provide a rational reason for the awkward claim.
yea that's only one of the most famous serial killers in the US. He published a encrypted message before he would kill someone and gave hints about who he was leaving the world to try to break the code and figure out who he was. His symbols resembled those of the zodiac so that's where he got the name.

>.< Rice if you knew that I might have been home free lol. Well in this case I guess your lack of famous serial killer knowledge lead to a town win.

also... I am surprised there was part of my role that was not revealed, its a surprise to me.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:57 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

Well, you can obviously tell from my previous result that I was insane, so I would be far more likely to think him town than scum at that point.

McNuke
McNuke
Townie
McNuke
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:11 am

Post by McNuke »

Riceballtail wrote:Well, you can obviously tell from my previous result that I was insane, so I would be far more likely to think him town than scum at that point.
Well last time you got a scummy name for someone that was scum.... so it would make no sense for you to think him town based on the result alone.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:31 am

Post by Grimmy »

where did the ted kazinski thing come from?

I didnt have a chance, but I wasnt lying when I said I wasnt ted the unibomber .
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:59 am

Post by Riceballtail »

Grimmy: That was the investigation result... don't ask me where it came from.

Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

magnus_orion wrote:Yay town.
True, but toward the mafia, it was, in fact, imbalanced to mafia. I mean, honestly, I couldn't have thought of any plan for mafia which would have won the game. The really sick part is that if we claimed day 1 like Tyhess suggested, mafia would have definitely loss.
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

which is why I said I got the feeling it would be hard for mafia to false claim and asked for Rouge claim when I did. I had it figured out day 1, with my role and the link with LF revealed, I figured there would only be more roles like that. My favorite part about this whole thing is that phate said that he thought an accidentally breakable setup was likely, because he would have been screwed if the remaining town tried to break it.
Show
Win-Loss
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

For those interested, the role PM I got:
UnofficialRulerOfEveryone wrote:
UnofficialRulerOfEveryone wrote:You are a Back-Up Vigilante (Marcus). When the main vigilante dies, you will take his/her spot as the town's vigilante.

Please send your night action to me with the following format:

SUBJECT: Mini 722 Night Action (Back-Up Vigilante)

I would like to
Kill: PLAYERNAME
tonight.(Obviously only when you gain this skill, if ever.)

You win when the baddies are gone.
Your role has changed! (Night 1)

You are a Scarred (Marco). Now that your one true love, Barbie, has died, and that moron Ken is going soon, you have no one in the world. No one to love, no one to hate, you are alone. You can hide ONCE at night, kill ONCE during the day or at night, and role inspect ONCE during the day. (These are one-shot abilities, once you have used one, you may never use it again.) (You can use more than one action per night or day.)

Please send your night action to me with the following format:

SUBJECT: Mini 722 Night Action (Scarred)

I would like to
<ACTION>: PLAYERNAME
tonight/today.

You win with the town, and there are no killers left, but you can also win on your own (Town doesn't win) if there aren't killers left and you make up the majority.

NOTE: You may not action tonight (Night 1, when your role changed.).
Then he wrote a bit about "it's night 2, you need to send in an action."

I was really hoping he would have actually told me the investigation result instead of just deciding I wanted to kill B_B. I would have had us lynch B_B and then kill McNuke N3. Oh well.

And I think McNuke could have claimed to heal PS, but then I might have jumped on that instead ("investigating a dead person? OBVSCUM! Vote: McNuke").
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:19 am

Post by UnofficialRulerOfEveryone »

Cops were more complicated than "insane" or "sane", but I can't find the explanation at the moment...

ToD, that was your role, not my choice, I'm not a bastard mod.

In fact, the simple fact that I have the fail-proof "a claimed doctor is useless" idea (As in a claimed doctor that is unknowingly incompetent is completely incompetent as soon as they claim), would have made this an easy win for mafia if town claimed D1. However, I probably should have given them a roleblocker with the amount of PRs there were in this game.

Thanks to all that played, I may or may not get around to releasing the night actions before MeMe locks this, and if the mafia wants to reveal the QT, go ahead.
Show
I OWN PANTS!

I am URoE! Ruler of all things stupid!

Town: 1 - 4
Scum: 1 - 2

I suck.

[01:53:40] <@Phayt> ATTENTION DUELISTS
[01:53:51] <@Phayt> i'd just like to express derision and amusement that someone considers uroe to be a good player
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 5:33 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”