Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:36 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

roflcopter wrote:
yos wrote:I don't get how you're now pretending that me getting frustrated over the scum-tactic of "repeat yourself over and over again with no logic" somehow reflects badly on my alignment.
you know, i could have sworn i once read a comment you made in md about how "pounding the table" could be a good pro-town tactic. maybe i'll go try to find that.
Yes. I'm pretty sure I also said "when combined with a good, logical argument" as a part of that.

You "pound the table" in order to get people to notice what you're saying and in order to get a response. You do NOT "pound the table" as a way to IGNORE the response FROM the person you're attacking, that's just not helpful at all.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:06 am

Post by alvinz95 »

Yos has resorted to attacking roflcopter's playstyle.

I'd like Empking to participate in more conversation.

Empking fits my criteria more for the 'cult recruiter' but Yos has been acting kinda of bad ever since roflcopter has brought up his name with cult recruiter/3rd party.

Roflcopter, others and myself would be inclined to vote yos if you built up a case with quotes on exactly why Yos is scum (so far all you have is pointing out the 'mason recruiter speculation'). Yos can then defend your case (Yos has been complaining how you're just repeating it without a case) and it'll go from there.
Is back.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:11 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

alvinz95 wrote:Yos has resorted to attacking roflcopter's playstyle.
...yes, I've resorted to trying to figure out someone's alignment by discussing what they've done in the thread. The horrors.

Anyway, why haven't you commented on my main point, Alvinz, where I figured out Orange is mafia? It's odd you didn't even mention that, when you were suspicious of Orange earlier....
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:18 am

Post by roflcopter »

this post and this post too, both from day one, are when i nailed him as third party scum

and this one was the beginning of the tradition yos carries on today of trying to brush me off with exasperation

lets not forget this gem either, or this

other than that you can just read what i already wrote about him today
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:19 am

Post by Lowell »

What happened with emp? Why is that no longer the right play?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:24 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yes, we all know you've been tunnel visioned on me for bad reasons for a long time now, rofl. Other then that, I'm not sure what that collection of links was supposed to prove...
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Anyway, the really interesting thing here isn't Rofl's behavior, it's orange's behavior.

When player A attackes player C for a bad reason, and then player B follows along and also votes for player C with absolutly no logic or reasoning of his own, then that usually means that player B is scum, and not scum with player A. It's one of the most reliable scum-tells I know about.

Since Orange is probably mafia and not cult, we really can't afford to lynch him today, but hopefully if we hit the CR today the vig can take care of him tonight.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:23 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Well, I don't know how to hunt for CRs myself, like I've said, but rofl's case was pretty convincing, convincing enough for me to vote you. If I offered reasoning of my own, I would just be recycling what he said basically. When Player A attacks the CR and Player B follows and votes the CR, that usually mean that Player B is smart enough to see a good case when he sees one, and doesn't reflect alignment at all.

I am not ruling out rofl as scum. I just don't really see it at this point. He is too upfront and in charge for me to reallly see him as scum, so..

I do think GnK and/or Emp are the two most likely scum, but like you said, we really can't afford to lynch scum today, but hopefully we'll lynch you, the CR today, and the Vig could take care of GnK or Emp tonight.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:35 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

orangepenguin wrote:Well, I don't know how to hunt for CRs myself, like I've said, but rofl's case was pretty convincing, convincing enough for me to vote you. If I offered reasoning of my own, I would just be recycling what he said basically.
Please, then, recycle what he said. What was it in his "case" that you found "pretty convincing", exactally?
When Player A attacks the CR and Player B follows and votes the CR, that usually mean that Player B is smart enough to see a good case when he sees one, and doesn't reflect alignment at all.
So; does that mean that if I die and turn up town, that the town should then assume you are scum?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:09 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Well, if you die and turn out to be CR or scum yourself, it doesn't rule me out as scum or clear me as town to the rest of the players, so why would the opposite result be true? People can form their own opinions. I am just doing my best job in trying to get rid of the scum - you seem like the most likely to be the CR.

You've been caught. I don't know why I am wasting time arguing with you. This day is hardly over - if you are town like you say and someone else seems to be more likely to be the CR than you, I will probably change my vote to them, but right now, you seem like the best candidate. I don't think you're mafia though. In that regard, I think you seem pretty neutral.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:05 pm

Post by roflcopter »

what did you guys talk about in masonland last night?
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:51 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

orangepenguin wrote:Well, if you die and turn out to be CR or scum yourself, it doesn't rule me out as scum or clear me as town to the rest of the players, so why would the opposite result be true?
Because I believe I've caught you as scum, and your entire defense is "Oh, but you're a cult recruiter, so my actions aren't scummy". So, again, that would imply that if I die and come up town, then you have no defense at all against the huge scumtell I pointed out, and that the town should consider you scum. I notice you didn't actually answer that question.
People can form their own opinions. I am just doing my best job in trying to get rid of the scum - you seem like the most likely to be the CR.
I notice you keep saying that, but you still refuse to say why you think that.
You've been caught.
Just keep repeating that, scum, if it makes you feel better. It's not going to help you, though, if you keep refusing to explain why you think I'm a cult recruiter, or why you think a mason cult recruiter is likely, or what parts of rofl's case you found convincing.
...if you are town like you say and someone else seems to be more likely to be the CR than you, I will probably change my vote to them, but right now, you seem like the best candidate.
And he just repeats again that he thinks I'm the CR, with again no reasoning.
I don't think you're mafia though. In that regard, I think you seem pretty neutral.
You mean, you know i'm not mafia, since I'm not one of your scumbuddies.
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:56 am

Post by GnKoichi »

Here's the problem. PotS continues to lay low, which is a scum tell in my mind. She was too vocal a player to drop off the map like this when push comes to shove. There is something to be said for simply not saying anything when you are under suspicion. It's hard to get a wagon going against someone who is moderately inactive in the face of adversity.

On the other hand, Yos is dead on about Rofl and OP's play style today. There are no arguments being made against him, and these two are hounding him like he just claimed scum. He is correct that this tells us more about OP than it does about Rofl (Who's the more scummy? The scum? Or the scum who follows him?) but Rofl made a pretty underhanded bid to change the subject with his recent "So, what were you guys talking about last night?". Which could mean Yos was on to something and Rofl got a little worried.

So!

unvote, vote: OP

Let's do this thing.
---
No matter where you go, there you are.
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:02 am

Post by Vino »

Koichi, are you pegging OP as CR or scum?
Show
[url=http://www.calamityfuse.com/]Calamity Fuse, a multiplayer FPS/RPG[/url]
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Total prods: 1
Replaced out: 0
Penguins of the Serengeti
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:20 am

Post by Penguins of the Serengeti »

roflcopter wrote:what did you guys talk about in masonland last night?
Mostly how I was going to push for Koichi's lynch tomorrow, and predicted the scum would NK me.
[size=75][color=Brown][i][url=http://web-o-rama.net]Penguins in the Serengeti and in the Ngorongoro Crater have been studied continuously since the 60's hoping the birds will lead us to their secretive prey, the sand cod.[/url][/i][/color][/size]
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:15 am

Post by roflcopter »

well i'm not at all surprised koichi scum tried to call my question about mason chat underhanded
soi soi soi

Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:00 am

Post by Lowell »

My attitude is that scum are inside the mason group, we're all outed anyway, so there's no real point in talking about things.
Empking's Alt
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:29 am

Post by Empking's Alt »

Now, Yos is looking town again. I still think PoTS is scum.
AdjectivePick needs
replacements.
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:25 am

Post by alvinz95 »

V/LA next 2 days.
Is back.
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:31 am

Post by GnKoichi »

Vino wrote:Koichi, are you pegging OP as CR or scum?
Scum is my gut on this one.

Rofl wrote:well i'm not at all surprised koichi scum tried to call my question about mason chat underhanded
PotS talking about lynching me at night is not exactly a surprise. He talked about it all day. I had no reason to be worried about this coming out, since he still hasn't actually built a case against me. Like you, he just keeps leveling baseless accusations. So, I feel my point about you changing the subject stands.
---
No matter where you go, there you are.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:45 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Well, Yos, the reason I think you are CR is the reasons rofl pointed out - which written out sounds kind of lame. This whole day is really dull, so I don't really blame rofl for attempting to get discussion going. LOL at GnK trying to turn that into a scumtell "Changing the topic!" when he has been laying low for a few days, not really participating. Then when his OMGUS attacks on PotS and rofl fail, he OMGUS-y votes me, because 1 other person is voting me. :roll:

Yos, I don't know how to hunt for the CR. The reasons rofl pointed out seemed pretty convincing, so. I didn't think you're mafia, because you hadn't done anything to convince me otherwise at the time - way to twist that around in a cliche way though. I think I've seen that one used before though. "Oh, you said I am town- BECAUSE YOU ARE SCUM AND KNOW!" ...yeaahh...good luck with that argument.

Well, unless anyone knows what are CR-tells, if the ones rofl pointed out AREN'T ones..then, well, I don't know what to do. Should I just refrain from voting, period? That wouldn't be helpful.

So I am going to stick to voting scum.
vote: GNK
. I would laugh if the scum team were actually Gnk AND Yos..instead of Empking. Yos is good at manipulating though, so I wouldn't be too surprised.

Rolf - I lost the link to the new mason thread (it's gotta be in my PMs somewhere), but is basically consisted of POTS calling GnK scum and GnK replying "No I'm not". Not that interesting, to be honest.

Now that we all have been outed and stuff, there isn't as much use for it.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

GnKoichi wrote: Scum is my gut on this one.
:roll: So your vote is based off of gut and omgus. OMGUT.

I mean, at least Yos had a case and twisted my words around, but you ... you just are jumping on me cause nobody agrees with you on the other two and I am not those two, yet have been advocating for your lynch.

So yeah, pretty happy with my vote.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Empking's Alt wrote:Now, Yos is looking town again. I still think PoTS is scum.
I wouldn't have thought otherwise. Do you have a case yet? Besides the old "baseless accusations" that has been going about.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:04 pm

Post by Empking »

orangepenguin wrote:
Empking's Alt wrote:Now, Yos is looking town again. I still think PoTS is scum.
I wouldn't have thought otherwise. Do you have a case yet? Besides the old "baseless accusations" that has been going about.
What do you mean "baseless accusations"?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:15 am

Post by Lowell »

I think PotS laying low is more likely an indicator she was recruited.

From personal experience, when I've been recruited I tend to quit on the game and just coast through.

(cue lowell lurking jokes)

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”