Mafia 759: Street Fighter 4 Mafia-That's Game!

Shinnen_no_Me
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:56 am

Post by Shinnen_no_Me »

^The total opposite. If he gives me a good answer, then I won't vote for him. If I would want to hammer him regardless the answer, then I would just vote.
rokovoj
rokovoj
Goon
rokovoj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:08 am

Post by rokovoj »

Sironigous, why did you feel it was necessary to ask the mod about reveals? Isn't it assumed that unless the mod specified it somewhere that the game is full reveal?

Don't really like post 118 by Tzeenetch. I fail to understand why he felt the need to back up what he was saying with a whole bunch of quotes from other people (Look at all these people who agree with me!). He could have gotten his point across with the bottom half of his post.
^The total opposite. If he gives me a good answer, then I won't vote for him. If I would want to hammer him regardless the answer, then I would just vote.
Then what you said was worded poorly. It would have been better to say that you weren't going to decide on whether or not you're voting until after his response, not that you're voting after his response.

I can't say I like the UA wagon. I think it's clear that it would be pretty difficult to get a massclaim going so early in the game, so I don't find it hard to believe that he actually had a different motive for asking for one. In other words, it doesn't look like backtracking.
Shinnen_no_Me
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:49 am

Post by Shinnen_no_Me »

rokovoj wrote:
Then what you said was worded poorly. It would have been better to say that you weren't going to decide on whether or not you're voting until after his response, not that you're voting after his response.
Most probably I worded it wrong. English is not my native language, and I tend to not express well what I want to say. But what I meant is that depending on his answer I will or will not vote for him.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:04 am

Post by Porkens »

Sironigous, why did you feel it was necessary to ask the mod about reveals? Isn't it assumed that unless the mod specified it somewhere that the game is full reveal?
Good question.

Don't really like post 118 by Tzeenetch. I fail to understand why he felt the need to back up what he was saying with a whole bunch of quotes from other people (Look at all these people who agree with me!). He could have gotten his point across with the bottom half of his post.

What's his motivation as scum to include the quotes then?
I can't say I like the UA wagon. I think it's clear that it would be pretty difficult to get a massclaim going so early in the game, so I don't find it hard to believe that he actually had a different motive for asking for one. In other words, it doesn't look like backtracking.
I think that if just a couple of the newer or sillier players had posted first and gone ahead with their nameclaims, that would have been enough to get the ball rolling. I can totally see this as a possible scum gambit with the suuuper easy escape of saying "oh hecks no it was joke random stage lols"
Sironigous
Sironigous
Goon
Sironigous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:31 am

Post by Sironigous »

Uh... Sorry, I didn't know I was supposed to assume that. Ha.
I guess I haven't played enough games to realize that.
Trinka Trinka!
Tzeentch
Tzeentch
Goon
Tzeentch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:11 am

Post by Tzeentch »

rokovoj wrote:Don't really like post 118 by Tzeenetch. I fail to understand why he felt the need to back up what he was saying with a whole bunch of quotes from other people (Look at all these people who agree with me!). He could have gotten his point across with the bottom half of his post.
Not quite - part of the point was that UA had said that I was the only one wanting [an explicit answer], and then asking what purpose it would serve. I was merely trying to point out that whilst I was the only one who had asked for an explicit answer, I wasn't the only one who was curious about the rationale behind his actions.

In other words, I was trying to demonstrate that I was not the only one following a particular line of thought.

As for me asking for it explicitly, I may as well explain that in more detail - this is a game of truth, lies and misdirection. As it is in the town's best interest, generally speaking, for people to be precise about their meaning, it felt counterproductive to leave an ambiguous response hanging. I don't like people dodging questions.
Some people might remember me as Aelyn...

[b]No longer V/LA![/b]
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11966]SSBB Mafia[/url]
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:28 pm

Post by PJ. »

UltimaAvalon(4)
: (Empking, Tzeentch, Porkens, SpyreX)

Empking(2)
: (Shinnen_no_Me, jakep)

rokovoj(1)
: (UltimaAvalon,)

Shinnen_no_Me(1)
: (ZazieR)

Spyrex(1)
: (rokovoj)

Not Voting(3)
: (Sironigous, PsychoSniper, Nuwen)

I screwed up and will not be replacing Jakep. He did make a post and might not of even deserved my prod.
Last edited by PJ. on Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
rokovoj
rokovoj
Goon
rokovoj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:50 am

Post by rokovoj »

Porkens wrote:What's his motivation as scum to include the quotes then?
It sort of stood out to me because I felt the inclusion of those quotes was rather unnecessary. I can see why you would quote someone you're not addressing (in a "QFT" or a "This." sort of way) if they made a point you like and don't feel like repeating. Quoting a bunch of different people and then rehashing the argument against UA in his own words gave me the impression that he was trying to get the people he quoted on his good side, you could say. I admit that whatever positive feelings one could generate from quoting someone and saying you agree is small, but if it ever comes down to deadline lynching on gut feelings, then I think it's likely that one is slightly less likely to lynch someone who agrees with you and respects what you say. It's a rather small thing for which I wouldn't lynch (or vote) exclusively, and I felt that his explanation for doing it was.. understandable, but I would just take note of it for now.
Porkens wrote:I think that if just a couple of the newer or sillier players had posted first and gone ahead with their nameclaims, that would have been enough to get the ball rolling. I can totally see this as a possible scum gambit with the suuuper easy escape of saying "oh hecks no it was joke random stage lols"
Possible. I would be much more suspicious of UA if this had been a newbie game or something, but you typically don't see a ton of new players in a themed game and I believe panzer had said in the queue thread that he didn't want total newbies. Even if one or two players just claimed without the town agreeing on a massclaim, I find it difficult to see the rest of the town simply joining in.

Tzeentch, it was pretty obvious that you weren't the only person who was questioning UA's motives, so I still feel that it wasn't necessary for you two quote all of those people directly, though I understand why you wanted to know precisely whether UA wanted a massclaim or not.

Mod: Small request. Could you put commas between the names on the vote count? It just makes it a bit easier to read, thank you.
Of course I can but I was initially lazy I'll edit my last vote count and then start adding commas from here on out
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:56 am

Post by SpyreX »

Tzeentch, it was pretty obvious that you weren't the only person who was questioning UA's motives, so I still feel that it wasn't necessary for you two quote all of those people directly, though I understand why you wanted to know precisely whether UA wanted a massclaim or not.
The issue is UA was painting it as though he was. Like a toss under the rug-style "why would anyone find this suspicious" comment.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Sironigous
Sironigous
Goon
Sironigous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:12 am

Post by Sironigous »

UltimateAvalon: Why do you still have your self vote on yourself?
Trinka Trinka!
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:17 am

Post by Porkens »

Sironigous wrote: UltimateAvalon: Why do you still have your self vote on yourself?
Probably feigning Jester.
PsychoSniper
PsychoSniper
Goon
PsychoSniper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:49 pm

Post by PsychoSniper »

Actually, UA stopped voting himself quite a while ago (see post 82). This seems to be a Mod error.

Mod: you might want to recount the votes. UA's vote is on rokovoj, not himself.
Shinnen_no_Me
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:30 pm

Post by Shinnen_no_Me »

Where's UA? He suddenly disappeared from the map. I really don't like when that happens (when a player has tons of votes and then starts lurking, in a way to draw off the attention on himself, waiting for another player to screw it up, and things like that).

Can you please answer what I asked you?

Also, ZazieR, would you please explain your reasons to vote for me?

Mod: Can we get a prod on ZazieR? Her last post was 4 days ago. Thanks
Your Welcome
jakep
jakep
Townie
jakep
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:27 pm

Post by jakep »

I would like to be more active in this game myself, but I am having trouble finding things to say this early in the game. There just isn't much going on to make comments on.
Shinnen_no_Me
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by Shinnen_no_Me »

There isn't much to comment? How about if we hear what you have to say about the current case on UA?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:24 am

Post by Porkens »

Shinnen_no_Me wrote:There isn't much to comment? How about if we hear what you have to say about the current case on UA?
FOS
jakep
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:34 am

Post by Empking »

I still think UA is scum and that his early play only makes sense for a WIFOMing scum or a Jester.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:20 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Sorry guys, this game disappeared from my Watch List somehow

Unvote: rokovoj
It seems I misread your plan. It's not as retarded as I originally stated

Everyone else will be addressed once I get around to it sometime today
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:00 am

Post by SpyreX »

...Wait, what changed your mind on his plan considering when I brought it up you still held that it was retarded?
Show

Proud member of BaM
Sironigous
Sironigous
Goon
Sironigous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:52 am

Post by Sironigous »

Er... Just to confirm.

Rok's plan is to get Empking to slip up/break his posting restriction, right?
Trinka Trinka!
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:12 pm

Post by Porkens »

hmmm not how i read it
jakep
jakep
Townie
jakep
Townie
Townie

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:24 pm

Post by jakep »

Shinnen_no_Me wrote:There isn't much to comment? How about if we hear what you have to say about the current case on UA?
I think the case is really just reaching. The idea for a mass role claim doesn't sound like a terrible idea to me, but it might to someone who knows that the roles are not based entirely on the story of the game. I don't even know the story line for the game, as I haven't played a street fighter game since SF2 Turbo for SNES.

Really its more of a distraction, and I would be more prone to look at the people that are making a big deal out of it, but that is just how some people play mafia.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:46 pm

Post by SpyreX »

If you are more prone to look at the people making a big deal of it - do it. Do something.

You just got done saying there's nothing to talk about and your last line is just begging to be things to talk about.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:19 am

Post by Nuwen »

rokovoj wrote: It sort of stood out to me because I felt the inclusion of those quotes was rather unnecessary. I can see why you would quote someone you're not addressing (in a "QFT" or a "This." sort of way) if they made a point you like and don't feel like repeating. Quoting a bunch of different people and then rehashing the argument against UA in his own words gave me the impression that he was trying to get the people he quoted on his good side, you could say. I admit that whatever positive feelings one could generate from quoting someone and saying you agree is small, but if it ever comes down to deadline lynching on gut feelings, then I think it's likely that one is slightly less likely to lynch someone who agrees with you and respects what you say. It's a rather small thing for which I wouldn't lynch (or vote) exclusively, and I felt that his explanation for doing it was.. understandable, but I would just take note of it for now.
Hell of a strawman. UA stated that Tzeentch was the only player asking him whether or not he really intended to start a mass name claim.
UltimaAvalon wrote:
Tzeentch wrote:
UltimaAvalon wrote:@tzeentch
UA wrote:Did you notice that the random stage didnt even last a whole page? I did, and it's glorious.
Thank you for repeating an unclear statement you had already made. I am asking for an explicit response: Did you actually want a mass nameclaim? Yes or no?
You're the only one who wants this. What purpose does it serve?
Thus, Tzeentch called attention to other posts asking similar questions, refuting UA's point. It's that simple. Contriving a buddying theory from this obvious exchange is spurious.
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
PsychoSniper
PsychoSniper
Goon
PsychoSniper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:32 am

Post by PsychoSniper »

I'm quite at a loss at this stage. I've stated how I consider UA's action to be anti-town, especially if he actually
is
town, but on the flip side, I don't see why he would want call attention to himself like that if he were scum, especially in the initial stage where no one has reason to suspect anybody else. The theory of him feigning jester doesn't make sense to me, since even if no one had attempted that vig-directing he still makes himself a potential vig target with what he's done.

I also think that rokovoj seems to be trying to too hard to cast suspicion on Tzeentch out of nothing. Quoting others' posts to support his own argument is a common practice, and taking into context the post that he was responding to, it made perfect sense.

Other than these two, nothing really caught my attention, and I don't really feel confident enough about either to cast a vote.....

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”