EsoMonty
EsoMonty
Goon
EsoMonty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:52 am

Post by EsoMonty »

I voted zwet because he asked us too. And I thought a lyncher who stops a lynch at L-1 is a suspect claim.
[b][url=http://www.temple-of-lore.com/community/]Temple of Lore[/url] - Founding Player[/b]
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:23 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

xRECKONERx wrote:That being said...
FoS: Drench
until he shows up to explain himself.
Why is Drench scum? I didnt even understand the case from kmd on him, this is just you parroting again, this time something that I cant even figure out. More up later tonight or sometime tomorrow.

Vote Reck
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:45 am

Post by kloud1516 »

Will post later. Trying to catch up in both my games
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:06 am

Post by Slicey »

LlamaFluff wrote:
Why is Drench scum? I didnt even understand the case from kmd on him, this is just you parroting again, this time something that I cant even figure out. More up later tonight or sometime tomorrow.

Vote Reck
Heh, funny, I was thinking the same thing. I'm still trying to deduce if he's just noob townie or noob scum. Before that post, I was saying he's just not used to how MS plays yet, but now I'm thinking he may be scum.

no vote yet, I wanna go back and look at his posts first.

KMD, I thought Santos was lying because what kind of lyncher takes their vote off their lynchee when they're so close to being lynched? It makes no sense.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
Seth Green
Seth Green
Townie
Seth Green
Townie
Townie

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:14 am

Post by Seth Green »

ALLURA: Pidge, get off!
{Voltron forms and lands on the space station. The Robeast appears to be holding a shoulder-mounted rocket launcher.}
PIDGE: He's holding a weapon!
{The Robeast puts the "weapon" down, closes the tape drawer and presses play. The song Work It Out On The Floor booms out of the speakers.}
VOLTRON FORCE: (shown in split-screen) Huh?
{The Robeast commences dancing, pulling off some spectacular breakdancing moves.}
KEITH: We just got served, team.

Vote count:

kloud1516
LynchHimNotMe
xxFabianxx
hp [leaves]
Llamafluff
Slicey
Jazzmyn
Esomonty
Drench (1) Kmd4390
Kmd4390
xRECKONERx (1) Llamafluff
EmpTyger

Not voting everyone else

With 12 votes it will take 7 to lynch.
Day 2 deadline is April 9th, 3:00pm PST
Robot chicken is full. Replacement are encouraged to sign up as well.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:45 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Ugh, look, I know real life excuses are kind of frowned upon, but I've got a real excuse. My roommate got arrested a few days ago and I haven't been allowed back into the apartment until the detectives were done collecting evidence. Now I'm finally moved back in, and 9 pages of read-up is a little intimidating. Sorry - I've been acting like n00b scum/townie because I am a n00b. See: Newbie 758, my first newbie game. This actually is my first game here, and aside from playing on Facebook's Mafia application, playing a "Lost" iteration of the game on a Lost forum, and playing the game in real life a handful of times, I don't have much experience.

When I said vote "back" to Llama, I had thought I casted a vote for Llama, but I had only posted about my suspicions. I could understand wanting to vote me off because of my lack of experience - I don't blame anyone. I feel like I'm trying to follow whichever person's logic makes the most sense without reading back over 9 pages worth of stuff, which is why I jumped on Drench, because I completely saw the logic behind it. *shrug*

I'm open to whatever arguments, and I'm keeping my eye on a select few players, but I'd rather not say who because A) I don't have incredibly strong arguments for ANYONE, and B) Any suspicions I post without REAL backing would just make me a bigger target and cause the town to lose a member through lynching.
green shirt thursdays
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:59 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

So, we've got three NKs by differing methods. One hacked up, one with his brains sucked out, and one shot. That seems to suggest three different killing factions, does it not?

If so, I'm thinking that they are most likely as follows: the shooting - SK/vig; the hacking - mafia scum faction; the brain sucking - a second (zombie?) scum faction.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Jazz
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:26 pm

Post by Slicey »

The hacking was most likely a vig.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Seth Green
Seth Green
Townie
Seth Green
Townie
Townie

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:27 pm

Post by Seth Green »

Time to change the channel. Well by my clock I'm late. Looks like it didn't matter.

No votes for Drench this round

Original Roll String: 1d72
1 72-Sided Dice: (22) = 22
xxFabianxx
xxFabianxx
Goon
xxFabianxx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:03 pm

Post by xxFabianxx »

Sorry for being flakey guys, I had to leave unexpectedly a couple of days ago and Internet access is limited here.
I'll be home early tomorrow and I'll post something of substance when I get back.
Indubitable
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:54 am

Post by Jazzmyn »

Slicey wrote:The hacking was most likely a vig.
Don't vigs usually shoot?

Regards,
Jazz
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:56 am

Post by Slicey »

Jazzmyn wrote:
Slicey wrote:The hacking was most likely a vig.
Don't vigs usually shoot?

Regards,
Jazz
Not always, especially in a crazy game like this. I'm assuming this because it was most likely a vig that targeted zwet, not the mafia.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:18 am

Post by EmpTyger »

Still working on reread, sorry.

Jazzmyn:
Jazzmyn [206] wrote:So, we've got three NKs by differing methods. One hacked up, one with his brains sucked out, and one shot. That seems to suggest three different killing factions, does it not?

If so, I'm thinking that they are most likely as follows: the shooting - SK/vig; the hacking - mafia scum faction; the brain sucking - a second (zombie?) scum faction.
<snip>

Any logic behind this (other than vigilante = shooting)?
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:16 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

xRECKONERx wrote:I feel like I'm trying to follow whichever person's logic makes the most sense without reading back over 9 pages worth of stuff, which is why I jumped on Drench, because I completely saw the logic behind it. *shrug*
Why do you think drench is scum. In your own words, not buy quoting other players.

Also why are we talking about what kill is a vig kill and what isnt. That cant be a productive line of discussion.

@kmd - can you clarify the drench suspicions for me?
@EM - Did you think santos was lyncher or mafia?
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:35 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

EmpTyger wrote:Jazzmyn: any logic behind this (other than vigilante = shooting)?
As I said, I take the shooting to be either SK or vig because shooting seems to be the most common kill method of vigs and SKs. But I can see a SK hacking as opposed to shooting. I've never played in a game where a vig hacked someone up, though. So, if zwets was shot by a third party, I'd say SK rather than vig. As for the brain sucking death, I think it's pretty clear that it's not standard mafia, vig, or SK, but instead a second scum contingent.

Regards,
Jazz
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:41 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

EBWOP:

Wait. it was ZazieR who was shot, not zwet. Zazie was shot, Plum had her brains sucked out, and Zwet was hacked to death. So, okay, SK took out Zwet, scum faction A took out Plum, and second scum faction took out Zazie.

Regards,
Jazz
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:54 pm

Post by Drench »

Sorry for not being here last few days, many things came up in MeatWorld, and while this put no limit on my low-maintenance commitments, it put strain on the high-maintenance commitments. I apologize for not informing you guys beforehand. I'm going to do a quick reread, and respond accordingly.
join your union
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:07 pm

Post by Drench »

Parental intervention means a post will have to wait until tomorrow. Sorry.
join your union
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:27 pm

Post by hp [leaves] »

Jazzmyn wrote:So, we've got three NKs by differing methods. One hacked up, one with his brains sucked out, and one shot. That seems to suggest three different killing factions, does it not?

Thoughts?

Regards,
Jazz
Not necessarily. Tarhalindur games.
We must embrace the pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
Seth Green
Seth Green
Townie
Seth Green
Townie
Townie

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:50 am

Post by Seth Green »

Looks like I'm not the only person with an attention span of a gnat.
Were flipping channels again. This time no votes allowed on Reck

1d72 1414138622

On look it CSI. Is that show still on!

Vote count:

kloud1516
LynchHimNotMe
xxFabianxx
hp [leaves]
Llamafluff
Slicey
Jazzmyn
Esomonty
Drench
Kmd4390
xRECKONERx (0) No votes allowed
EmpTyger

Not voting everyone else

With 12 votes it will take 7 to lynch.
Day 2 deadline is April 9th, 3:00pm PST
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:42 am

Post by kloud1516 »

Okay, done with my reread. Sorry for taking so long, but last week was just crazy and the last two days I really haven't had the time to look back over the thread in the way I had hoped. Welcome KMD, and thank you for replacing in. Now onto the main event.

@recon:
I have noted your failure to respond to my Post 115, or even to acknowledge the questions I had asked. This blatant evasion of commenting and/or refusal to refute any points I provided has only further solidified my suspicions of you as Day 2 continues to progress, as I would think that someone dropping a HoS would at least warrant some kind of response. Am I to assume that you agree with my opinions of you, since you did not feel the need to address them at any time in the last four pages? Your stonewalling of the original post is but one facet I have found upon rereading that makes me more adamantly believe that you are scum.

Once again,
HoS
. I cannot vote you at the moment, which gives me ample time to interrogate your scum buddy. Which brings me to Slicey.
Slicey wrote:Recokner is acting the exact same way I did in my first game here. I was town that game. I have a feeling he's town right now.
You are comparing apples and oranges here, Slicey. Do you really expect me to believe that every player on this site has the same style? Are you actually trying to go so far as to say that every new player will conduct themselves in the exact same fashion. You are using an anecdotal argument in this post to try to mitigate recon's scummy Day 1 play, using your own past experiences as your only piece of reasoning. I feel this is a huge stretch, as you claim you feel he is town based off no tangible evidence.
Slicey wrote:Done re-reading. Santos is lying about being a lyncher. There is NO reason to unvote someone who is so close to being lynched if your win condition is to lynch that person. zwet gets vig killed tonight.

Vote:Santos

Still think reckon is town BTW.
Was this needed? Recon had faded out of the current spotlight, making this post very suspect to me. Why did you feel the need to vouch for recon's "townie alignment" when it wasn't under intense questioning at the moment. I see this as another bold attempt at defending recon, making the manifestation of you two as a possible scum pair all the more logical. You have some explaining to do.
Slicey wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:

Vote Reck
Heh, funny, I was thinking the same thing. I'm still trying to deduce if he's just noob townie or noob scum. Before that post, I was saying he's just not used to how MS plays yet, but now I'm thinking he may be scum.
Distancing now? This is an awfully profound contradiction from your earlier Day 1 post, in which you go out of your way to express your pro-town vibes of recon. What led to the change, other than he was coming under scrutiny once more? Care to elaborate? As your content stands, all I can see is defense of another player without much to logical reasoning for doing so, then a complete 180 into an uncertain stance several posts later.

vote Slicey
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:58 am

Post by Jazzmyn »

Kmd4390 wrote:Jazz, why the unexplained FoS on Llama?
Meta-based. He's in another game in which I've been NKed but I'm still watching, and in that game, he was lurking and posting only excuses for not posting in the game (which is at a critical juncture) while he was simultaneously posting up a storm in
this
game. Plus, in that game, he started out all gangbusters just like he did here, but for all the wrong reasons. Can't say more than that because it is ongoing.

Regards,
Jazz
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:34 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

kloud1516 wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:I'm down for a bandwagon! :D

vote Zwet
xRECKONERx wrote:Damn.

Guess I'll
unvote
then switch back to
vote: Llama
Why?
Eh, I'm not going to try and convince you on this, other than to say that I have
very
shitty memory and my vote on Zwet was a bandwagon (or what I thought was a good bandwagon to at least get things rolling). I have very, erm, "foggy" memory... if you will... and while my suspicions were previously on Llama, I hadn't outright voted him but thought I had. It's a simple n00b mistake.
kloud1516 wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:I saw someone do it last game.

And they were town.
Care to elaborate?
Sure. Last game I played, one of the townies promised us if we lynched one of the guys the first round, he'd "volunteer" to be lynched D2 because he was so confident the first guy was scum and the Mafia had started a headhunt for him anyway. He turned out to be right about his suspicions and we ended up taking down all three Mafia D1, D2, D3.
kloud1516 wrote:
xRECKONERx in post 45 wrote:Yeah, it was more or less a vote to just get the game rolling along.
xRECKONERx in post 60 wrote:I wish people would stop asking me for reasons on Day One of voting.

It's a random vote.
After showing signs of having left the random voting stage, I find it hard to believe that you are just voting randomly again. If this is the case, and you are simply dropping votes drop votes, I find you suspect, as this does not help scum hunting efforts; it just makes you look like you are trying to help, when you are in fact making no effort to catch scum and/or state observations.

Furthermore, I find it interesting that you express frustration in regards to others asking you questions, for you specifically state in post 45, as shown above, that you yourself are trying to get the game rolling along. How do you propose we keep the game going if no questions are asked, or no one investigates further into the actions of players that seem slightly off? The fact that it is Day 1 does not nullify the need for interrogation. At all.
Conceded. I meant I wish people would stop interrogating me because my random votes were just that: RANDOM. I didn't mean I should be exempt from questioning, I just thought the reasons for questioning me were "meh" at best.
kloud1516 wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:I'm new here. Played Mafia before though. I guess a lot of this is inexperience, but...

I usually don't pay much attention to Day One. I'm just the type of Mafia player who can't gather much from first day information. Usually I need at least till Night 2 until I can start getting some real scummy vibes from people.

My first two votes were kinda random, and I don't have much in the way of support for it.
As far as my vote for hp goes... when he wanted to bandwagon zwet on Day 1, I thought that was suspicious. I jumped on board with him to see if it would draw out anymore support for zwet,
not realizing the channel was about to be changed and zwet was going to be saved.

Hence my switch to Llama, another random vote...
then hp seemed rather suspicious to me, with his only real posts being vote switches or explaining his vote as "random vote".
Sorry it's taken me so long to actually get my thoughts out about the game, I've been sick all this week.

I'm not sure what to make of the Fos debate, so I'm just gonna stay out of it.
Okay, being new isn't going to let you off the hook completely, as every player has the possibility of being scum.

Addressing Bolded Parts:

1) So, you vote hp because you found him suspicious for pushing a zwet wagon, but go on to jump on said wagon whilst trying to see how much support you could get for it? Could you please explain to me how your first vote was random then? Could you explain to me please why I shouldn't find this blatant contradiction of thought scummy? You find someone suspicious for voting zwet, then vote zwet too? You say yourself you wanted to see how much more support you could get, thus you were testing the waters of the zwet wagon.

2) Okay, so you are essentially voting hp again for the same things you have been doing this whole game.

HoS: recon

I would vote you, but need to look further into the zwet situation and more closely read the latest content before I place my vote. As of now, my intent is to vote you for reasons stated above, but I would rather avoid getting tunnel vision when there is much to be discussed.
[/quote]

Honestly? I think I explained this in this topic somewhere, maybe you didn't pay attention, but I kind of got evicted from my apartment this week for 4 or 5 days due to my roommate being arrested and thrown in jail. Therefore, I couldn't find the time to re-read the incredible amount of posts already posted and felt quite overwhelmed. I missed the first few days of readthroughs and I haven't been keeping a Mafia journal like I've done in the past.

Kloud, I agree with your opinions on me. I'm appearing scummy because I have been acting scummy. I'm going back and sitting down to read the whole topic now that I have time to do so. Expect observations soon. Sorry for being a shitty player so far.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:41 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

hp's suggestion for a bandwagon on zwet caught my eye, so I decided to jump on board out of complete curiosity.

The first time around, I didn't understand the zwet "LYNCH ME!" controversy.

Lixyl's random vote for Llama, stating "we've got to start somewhere" also caught my eye. Making notes on Lixyl, Zwet, and hp now. I'm also on board with kloud's FoS idea so that people won't be exempt when the channel changes if they are scummy.

Llama's rebuttal of kloud's FoS idea is kind of odd, given the game mechanics.

Zwet's decision to come out as death miller, whether true or not, seems completely pointless. Why claim when not even close to L-1?

Lixyl randomly pops back in, simply to unvote Llama and say "with what's coming out from these conversations, it won't be obvious to find something good". Excuse me? Want to clarify, lixyl?

Drench is calling out the random votes, pro-town. He also agrees with kloud's FoS idea, which I think is a very good idea for the town. LlamaFluff continues a pointless discussion on not keeping track of FoSes. Llama: Why would you be against someone keeping track of them when it can do nothing but help town?

lixyl shows back up again to say "As you wish" to zwet's request to kill him now, then votes him. Then he finally responds to his unclear post from before saying "I said it because there was little conversation going on". Still doesn't make it any clearer.

EmpTyger's argument against Zwet claiming death miller rings true.

lixyl pops back in again, this time to simply state that I'm a n00b, then going WIFOM and saying "I mean, he could just be n00b townie... but he could also be n00b scum".

Zwet makes a full flavor claim. Santos comments on his flavor claim simply saying THIS GUY IS HILARIOUS! Not scumhunting. Not pro-town.

Santos says "My role believes in aliens, therefore Zwet is an alien"? How is that a logical conclusion? If you were given any specific info on Zwet in your role PM, that's different, but just assuming seems to be derailing the scumhunting process.

I also don't get why Zwet would campaign hard for himself to get lynched, then quickhammer Santos.

---

Bottom line, looking back, lixyl is acting
very
scummy. He has yet to actually provide any relevant discussion other than parroting and to me, that's enough to get my vote.
Vote: lixyl
green shirt thursdays
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:09 pm

Post by kloud1516 »

Jazzmyn wrote:
EmpTyger wrote:Jazzmyn: any logic behind this (other than vigilante = shooting)?
As I said, I take the shooting to be either SK or vig because shooting seems to be the most common kill method of vigs and SKs. But I can see a SK hacking as opposed to shooting. I've never played in a game where a vig hacked someone up, though. So, if zwets was shot by a third party, I'd say SK rather than vig. As for the brain sucking death, I think it's pretty clear that it's not standard mafia, vig, or SK, but instead a second scum contingent.

Regards,
Jazz
Role speculation based on flavor, in my opinion, is something we should stay away from at the moment, as it will only lead to further formation of theories void of concrete evidence to support them. Arguments based off flavor tend to derail productivity, and lead to confusing debates of semantics and things irrelevant to scum hunting.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”