Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:26 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Lowell wrote:I think PotS laying low is more likely an indicator she was recruited.

From personal experience, when I've been recruited I tend to quit on the game and just coast through.

(cue lowell lurking jokes)
Well, there's only been one night and one scum-kill so far, so there was probably only one cult recruit so far, KoC, right?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:43 am

Post by Lowell »

Oh right. Nevermind.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:26 am

Post by armlx »

Still looking for replacements.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:56 pm

Post by roflcopter »

is this fucking game over yet?
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

Just out of curiosity, PotS, you were very active yesterday, and today you're kind of invisible. What's up?
Immoral Acts: 0
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:36 pm

Post by Vino »

I'm back from GDC but now I'm busy getting back up to speed with work stuff. I have a reread of the thread coming up, so I'll get with that picture as soon as I can.
Show
[url=http://www.calamityfuse.com/]Calamity Fuse, a multiplayer FPS/RPG[/url]
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Total prods: 1
Replaced out: 0
Penguins of the Serengeti
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:04 am

Post by Penguins of the Serengeti »

Not much happening. Let's wagon someone to the lynch. I'm already voting. We need more votes.
[size=75][color=Brown][i][url=http://web-o-rama.net]Penguins in the Serengeti and in the Ngorongoro Crater have been studied continuously since the 60's hoping the birds will lead us to their secretive prey, the sand cod.[/url][/i][/color][/size]
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:15 am

Post by Lowell »

unvote, vote yos
for the sake of something happening, and because, sadly, rofl is the one I trust the most at this point.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:24 am

Post by Empking »

Vote: Yos
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:02 am

Post by roflcopter »

good stuff
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:26 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Lowell wrote:
unvote, vote yos
for the sake of something happening, and because, sadly, rofl is the one I trust the most at this point.
"For the sake of something happening"? Seriously, lowell?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:38 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

If you want to "make something happen", then you should help me list the cult recruiter, who is like 75% likely to be head hancho.

Talking out the masons (yes, taking out the masons, unless someone actually gives me a good reason other then WIFOM paranoia why a mason is more likely to be a cult recruiter then a non-mason), these are the possible suspects for cult recruiter:

Vino
Head_Honcho
Empking('s Alt)
roflcopter
MafiaSSK
alvinz95

Alvinz has been playing well, and while I wish he'd explain his swings on me a little better, I'd bet he's town. Mafia SKK vanished compeltly yesterday, and hasn't been replaced yet, so it's unlikely he could have recruited last night. Rofl is frustrating, but I still think he's probably dumb town. Vino, I'm leaning either town or mafia, based on his day 1 behavior; he was going a little to far out on a limb too many times to be a cult recruiter, in my estimation.

That really just leaves Head Hancho or Empking. Head Hancho looks a lot worse to me at the moment; I wish Empking would say more, but his reactions make sense to me.

We lynch the cult recruiter today, before he has a chance to make a cult, we can probably win pretty easily, especally since I'm pretty sure OP is one of the mafia members. So can we please stop farting around and just lynch the cult recruiter, Head Hancho?
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:41 am

Post by roflcopter »

there is no good reason to eliminate masons as cult suspects whatsoever
soi soi soi

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:54 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

roflcopter wrote:there is no good reason to eliminate masons as cult suspects whatsoever
(shrug) I donno. We don't have much to work with here; hunting for one lone scum when he dosn't have any partners and we don't know anything solid about him or her except that he or she recruited KoC last night is really, really hard, but it's what we have to do today; so, all I can really do is make some educated guesses and hope they don't bite me in the ass.

If you have some counterargumet to my earlier argument that masons are less likely to be the cult recruiter, I'd like to hear them. Convince me we should be hunting in the pool of masons instead of in the pool of non-masons, and I'd be glad to do that instead. But we've got to start somewhere (and, no, your "yos is third party scum because I said so" is not somewhere). Besides, head hancho has pretty consistantly given me a bad vibe for most of this game; his posts and reactions just don't seem town to me, and he's generally been pretty quiet and under the radar.
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

Haha, 75% sure, huh? Numbers and everything???

eh, what posts and reactions don't seem town? My only decent case yesterday was the one against you I think, is that what worries you? I get that we're coming from different places right now, but to me your argument looks like "honcho is third party scum because I said so"(though repeated a couple times as 'bad vibe' and the like), so the more specific you can be the better. I pointed that out last time I responded to your case, and you have grown less specific = - (.

I am actually a little more wary of you now, as you completely ignored my response to your case, which pointed out that at least your facts were incorrect. Yet still you are very 'certain' (75%!) when you explain your case as mostly 'bad vibe' and 'just don't seem town'. This strikes me as odd! Especially since you just recently told me that consistency was scummy. My "reactions" are really that powerful? Are you sure your case isn't completely arbitrary??? Ugh, show me some, as currently it seems like you're just looking for an out in me. Also, it's starting to seem kind of strange to me that the pillar of your defense isn't really a defense, but that third party scum probably wouldn't be a mason. I am obviously biased, but it looks like you're really, really reaching here.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:33 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Head_Honcho wrote:Haha, 75% sure, huh? Numbers and everything???
Meh, not really. But you're my best guess.
eh, what posts and reactions don't seem town? My only decent case yesterday was the one against you I think, is that what worries you?
Mostly, you didn't make any real cases yesterday. Your attack on me was weak and scummy, and you didn't make any other cases at all. Your posts in general feel off.
I get that we're coming from different places right now, but to me your argument looks like "honcho is third party scum because I said so"
No; you're third party because I went through the list of everyone in the game, thought about each one, and came to the conclusion you're more likely the cult recruiter then anyone else. If someone else has a better idea who the cult recruiter is, they should share.

The thing is, no one else other then me has at all tried to even look for the cult recruiter, except I guess ROFL, and he's wrong. So yes, I had to make a bunch of assumptions, but at least I'm trying to find the CR.

You're certanly not trying to do anything, you only show up and post when you're under attack.
(though repeated a couple times as 'bad vibe' and the like), so the more specific you can be the better. I pointed that out last time I responded to your case, and you have grown less specific = - (.
Meh. You were correct about the timing of your one vote, that was true, and that made me rethink things. Still, I still got a bad vibe from your posts, and more importantly, I've read everyone's posts again in isolation and no one else looks like a cult recruiter to me.
Also, it's starting to seem kind of strange to me that the pillar of your defense isn't really a defense, but that third party scum probably wouldn't be a mason
Nice try, but that was never my defense. My defense was that rofl's only argument against me was false, and it was. My theory that a mason is unlikely to be the cult recruiter is one of the assumptions I've had made in order to try and find the cult recruiter; it was never a defense of mine.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by roflcopter »

dgb wrote:It does look like your current strategy is to attack absolutely everybody.
is that what it looks like to you? because i'm pretty sure i'm just attacking a specific group of people that happens to include you, and i've been going out of my way to shut down attacks on people i don't think are scum. viqles for example, before his untimely demise.
Seraphim wrote:Rofl: You continue to say you will kill me. You've been saying it all game. Now that there's support on it, why aren't you killing me despite the fact that I've been "obvscum" all game? Why are you going after Nuwen despite the fact that he's been obv town for most of the game until he hammered Walt?

rofl, your actions are inconsistent with your words. Answer my questions.
as i've been saying for a long time now, i'm going to finish what i started with xyl, then i will finish you. i'm not even sure what you're talking about re: nuwen there. you're flailing.
soi soi soi

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:09 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Lol...wrong game, dude.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:13 pm

Post by roflcopter »

oh shit. well thats the first time i've made that mistake.
soi soi soi

Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:44 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

Yosarian2 wrote:You're certanly not trying to do anything, you only show up and post when you're under attack.
Oh, I don't think that's fair, I just happen to be under attack.

And as far as trying to find the cult recruiter goes, I don't really agree with it on a game philosophy level. It is well intentioned, but it feels a little too Babe Ruth to say "today we find the cult recruiter" and restrict ourselves to trying to shoehorn someone into our vague idea of what that looks like in action. So I chose to simply vote for who I thought was least pro town.

Also, are night vigs usually one shot, or do they get one every night?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:35 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Head_Honcho wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:You're certanly not trying to do anything, you only show up and post when you're under attack.
Oh, I don't think that's fair, I just happen to be under attack.
Sure, it's fair. The only posts you've made all day that had any real content at all were when you are responding to this attack from me, and when you responded to my earlier attack back on the 19th. Other then that, the only other content you've had all day was a one-liner asking why Penguins wasn't being more active. So I think it's perfectly fair to note you only seem to be posting anything when under attack.
And as far as trying to find the cult recruiter goes, I don't really agree with it on a game philosophy level. It is well intentioned, but it feels a little too Babe Ruth to say "today we find the cult recruiter" and restrict ourselves to trying to shoehorn someone into our vague idea of what that looks like in action. So I chose to simply vote for who I thought was least pro town.
The thing is, though; in most cult game, the absolute worst thing the town can do is to lynch mafia member after mafia member, that usually results in a town loss, sometimes a guarenteed town loss depending on how the numbers are. So, it might not be easy, but I'm pretty sure in order to win we do in fact have to try and focus everything we have on trying to find and lynch the cult recruiter and not the mafia members today.
Also, are night vigs usually one shot, or do they get one every night?
Well, both one-shot vigs and normal every night vigs are common, normal roles; every night vigs are probably more common. Why?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:19 am

Post by Lowell »

yos, I don't like the honcho idea. I've tried to see it your way, but honestly his posts mostly look good to me.
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:03 pm

Post by GnKoichi »

orangepenguin wrote:
GnKoichi wrote: Scum is my gut on this one.
:roll: So your vote is based off of gut and omgus. OMGUT.

I mean, at least Yos had a case and twisted my words around, but you ... you just are jumping on me cause nobody agrees with you on the other two and I am not those two, yet have been advocating for your lynch.

So yeah, pretty happy with my vote.
Misrepresentation.

First of all, my gut statement was that you are more likely scum than the CR. It wasn't a reason for the vote.

Secondly, it's really hypocritical for you to call my vote omgus. You voted for me AFTER I voted for YOU! If anyone had an omgus vote, it was you.
Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:Not much happening. Let's wagon someone to the lynch. I'm already voting. We need more votes.
Completely unhelpful. You call for a wagon on "someone". However, by implying that you're not going to move your vote, you're really calling for more votes on Yos, without doing anything to build the case against him. This has done nothing to change your image as an active player who suddenly has something to be afraid of, causing you to lurk.
---
No matter where you go, there you are.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Lowell wrote:yos, I don't like the honcho idea. I've tried to see it your way, but honestly his posts mostly look good to me.
Well, who do you think the cult leader is then?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:49 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

GnKoichi wrote: Secondly, it's really hypocritical for you to call my vote omgus. You voted for me AFTER I voted for YOU! If anyone had an omgus vote, it was you.
It's not really OMGUS when I listed suspicion of you beforehand and (I think) voted you prior. :roll:

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”