Gateway
Gateway
Goon
Gateway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:39 am

Post by Gateway »

Panzerjager wrote:That is clearly fake. That role is broken and a half.
Unvote:Votegetaway

Broken in half, explain? I can't paste what was pm'd so I did my best to explain it using none of the words. Are you really voting because I wouldn't break a rule.
Gateway
Gateway
Goon
Gateway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:44 am

Post by Gateway »

How about this, since my words have a habit of being twisted. Tell me a set format and I'll do my best. I explained well enough I thought. To break it down.

.Night Phase get list of two people one possible scum
.Choice to have one dealt with, or report in the morning the two names.

If that is to much please the first mod that can delete this.
Archon
Archon
Goon
Archon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:55 am

Post by Archon »

Azrei, POST 50; There is definatley such thing as over analyzing something.
Spolium POST 56; I disagree with Gateway being mafia or otherwise such. I always change my vote tons of times. Without saying my role, I have always been a townie in all other games before this. However, I am in no way saying that I am any role in this game. (making sure to convey that message because of the rules.)
General thought; I think there is a mafia-led bandwagon against gateway.
MafiaSSK, POST 76; That was pretty scummy, jumping on a bandwagon. I mean, I could understand if you said, I agree with ___, but all you did was vote.
Sejink, POST 79; wait, what?
Sekinj, POST 85;So, anyone who does not answer your a or b questions is scummy? Also, everyone is trying to get someone lynched, so, whats the big deal?
FOS SEKINJ
Gateway, POST 88;They do seem to be focused on accusations. hrm.
Jazzmyn, POST 93; My thoughts exactly. Gateway is just a poor scapegoat.
Panzerjager, POST 97; ...
Vote; Panzerjager
, for threats against the town.
General thought; anyone notice all of a sudden verbosity has gone really, really quiet? FOS; Verbosity, Sekinj.
POSTS 113-115; Okay, so, um... I have never, ever heard of that role. And, I think that sekinj is trying to cover up.
All of a sudden, I'm not so sure about gateway anymore...

And thus ends my catching up.

Questions, Autographs and Bumper stickers are now available.
Now modding Vengeful Mafia
pronounced ark-on
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:27 pm

Post by Spolium »

Archon wrote:Spolium POST 56; I disagree with Gateway being mafia or otherwise such.
Do you mean that specifically with regard to post 56, or to the whole concept of Gateway being scum?
Archon wrote:I always change my vote tons of times.
I find frequent vote switches suspicious, since it makes getting a read difficult.
Archon wrote:General thought; I think there is a mafia-led bandwagon against gateway.
I'd like to hear more about your reasoning for this.
Archon wrote:Panzerjager, POST 97; ...
Vote; Panzerjager, for threats against the town.
Hang on. The only player that Panzerjager threatened was Verbosity - how do you know Verbosity is town?

FoS: Archon
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by sekinj »

@arch - no, I do not think that someone who does answer my a or b is scummy. But, in THIS case my structure had a specific point. I was showing gateway that it was not possible to be both at the same time. If you see later, he DID finally understand my questions and answer it. he was either missing it, skipping it, or misunderstanding it before that. He said he thought my question was the same as the dice question, which was not case.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Verbosity
Verbosity
Townie
Verbosity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by Verbosity »

I'm sick with something vaguely similar to strep throat, so I apologise for my brevity, I am not up to a long post at the moment.

Panzer: I'm having more fun as this alt than I have had with mafia for a long time, so I do not feel that I will be revealing my identity any time soon. That said, you are so unbelievably right about Gateway, that role is so ridiculously broken it's beyond anything that could be called reasonable.

People: Each night he gets a list of an innocent and a scum, and he can then kill one of them. That is so overpowered, it isn't even worth talking about.

Vote: Gateway
. Worst fakeclaim ever. I do not plan on getting off this wagon ever. This is L-1 by my count.

Archon is insane. Whether or not that is scummy I will decide later.
My username is Verbosity for a reason.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:30 pm

Post by sekinj »

If gateway's claim was fake, don't you think he would have been a little more anxious to spill it? expecially given his demonstrable lack of mafiascum experience?

gateway - you are saying that you get two names and one of them definitely IS scum... or you are given two names and it is possible that they are both innocent?
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by Spolium »

Verb, where does it say he could
kill
his choice? "Deal/dealt with" seems ambiguous - I took it to mean that he can pass one of the names on to the police to investigate the actual alignment of the player in question.

[offtopic]Hope you get well soon.[/offtopic]
sekinj wrote:If gateway's claim was fake, don't you think he would have been a little more anxious to spill it? expecially given his demonstrable lack of mafiascum experience?
Intriguing thought, but the premise is a bit WIFOMy.

I'll take this opportunity to ask again though -
Gateway
, what is your Mafia experience?
sekinj wrote:gateway - you are saying that you get two names and one of them definitely IS scum... or you are given two names and it is possible that they are both innocent?
This.
Gateway
Gateway
Goon
Gateway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:37 pm

Post by Gateway »

Why is my claim fake. Without using any of the wording from my post it really is as simple as.

Night phase - Two names, one scum one townie.
(options) Kill one, report both to you all in the morning.

Explain how that is fake or not allowed in mafia. It was sent to me, it is allowed and I don't see a single part of it anyone can say is unrealistic.
Gateway
Gateway
Goon
Gateway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:38 pm

Post by Gateway »

From my PM I mean.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:45 pm

Post by sekinj »

See? gateway does not even understand the concept of a fakeclaim. If he actually received one in his role PM, i don't think he could play this ignorant.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by PJ. »

dude...That role is auto-win for the town...No responsible mod would put that in the game
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:14 pm

Post by sekinj »

gateway wrote:Still learning popular terms, but whatever the word is you have for that role, that is what I am. Not a cop, like a semi one I suppose.
Did your role PM not contain the 'term' or name of your role? it only contained a description?
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:15 pm

Post by PJ. »

EBWOP: Verbosity, witholding info from the town is anti-town.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by sekinj »

Panzerjager wrote:EBWOP: Verbosity, witholding info from the town is anti-town.
Disagree. For example: what if someone is cop? it is best to keep that info quiet as long as possible, in the best interests of the town.

Also, have you done a meta on all the other players, then? it seems like you would have had too in order to care so much about verb's alt.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Verbosity
Verbosity
Townie
Verbosity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by Verbosity »

Hold on guys.

Gateway: What does "report to you all" mean? Would the moderator post it?
My username is Verbosity for a reason.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:30 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Hmm. Quite the turn of events.

Something is very not right about this, though. The claim went from getting a list of two names with one of the two being 'possible' scum and having the option of having the police deal with one of the two listed players...to being a list of 2 players comprised of one scum and one townie and having the option to kill one of them.

I thought the claim of being able to have a cop investigate a player might have been plausible, but having the mod provide a list of two players, among which one of them is scum each night and getting the opportunity at a 50% shot at killing scum each night? I'm not buying that.

Look at the metamorphosis here:
Gateway wrote:I've retired from the army here long before some of you were even born, and I still keep a few connections up high. By ten o'clock (night phase)
I get a list of two possible people one possible scum.
I can choose to pass that along in the morning... or ask my connections in the
police force to deal with the one I think is it
Gateway wrote: .Night Phase get list of two people one
possible
scum
.Choice to have one
dealt with
, or report in the morning the two names.
Gateway wrote:Night phase - Two names,
one scum
one townie.
(options)
Kill one
, report both to you all in the morning.
This is very much not right.

Regards,
Jazz
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:31 pm

Post by PJ. »

Spolium wrote:
Panzerjager wrote:That is clearly fake. That role is broken and a half.
How so?
Might as well as explain it.. There is nothing stopping him from killing off someone and if the person he kileld was town we lynch the other. so tonight Scum will kill and he'll kill and then we'll be down to like 9..and depending on his kill we'd either have a confirmed townie..or a confirmed scum which we lynch. so Day 3 we'd be 6 people left.. with another confirmed townie or scum. then we'd be down to 3ish..and he'd know who the scum is.. Also anytime he nailed scum we could no lynch. and rely on his role to win the game. Cause if he got to use it tonight and then nailed the scum tomorrow we'd have 9 people and no lynch.his ability would come up..let's sa he nails scum again..we'd be at 7 people with very few scum left. Average number for a mini is like 3..even if there were 4 in this game..it'd me 2 scum vs 5 town on day 3..in which we'd no lynch they'd kill someone and we'd find out another scum or he'd hit someone..hypothetically if he hits 3 people in a row, the worse we could prolly be at is 1 scum vs 4 town..And again, he would automatically find the scum the last scum..

Pretty much as long as that role exist the town gets a confirmed scum every day.

Simply put, imagine if somone exetremely good had that role He would know the whole scum team in 3 days...

Everytime I reimagine the situation the role get's better. What if we lynched scum today, and then that role took effect and he nailed the scum with it. It'd be day 2 and -2 scum..We'd have to have like..6 scum for that to be fair. Which is ridiculous.

I guess what I'm trying to say is. if the town played really good and the player with that role nailed scum each time then we could kill 6 scum in 3 days. Also It seems like this role happens no matter what. So it's not blockable..at least the info part. So how does the scum have a counter to it. This role is WAAAAAY to good to be real.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:36 pm

Post by PJ. »

sekinj wrote:
Panzerjager wrote:EBWOP: Verbosity, witholding info from the town is anti-town.
Disagree. For example: what if someone is cop? it is best to keep that info quiet as long as possible, in the best interests of the town.

Also, have you done a meta on all the other players, then? it seems like you would have had too in order to care so much about verb's alt.
I do meta everyone. It's a good way to scum hunt. Also witholding info from the town =/= claiming your power role immediatly. That is taking the phrase too seriously. He should NOT be hiding his meta. It limits the ammount of info the town has. If he was pro-town he would want us to know who he is so he/she can be cleared because we can compare the actions with other games.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:50 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Panzerjager wrote:Might as well as explain it.. There is nothing stopping him from killing off someone and if the person he kileld was town we lynch the other. so tonight Scum will kill and he'll kill and then we'll be down to like 9..and depending on his kill we'd either have a confirmed townie..or a confirmed scum which we lynch.
Not quite from the sounds of it. He says he gets an option to EITHER kill someone OR report the names to us. I take that to mean that he can't do both, so it's not clear to me how we could 'lynch the other' if he is precluded from saying who it is (although I suppose he could just vote for that someone and we would all get the hint, unless there is some restriction imposed in that regard).

But, still, it does indeed seem like it would be overbalanced to be provided the name of one of the scum each night. If he chooses correctly, that's one dead scum every night. If he chooses incorrectly, he still knows the identity of one scum every night and all he has to do is vote him the next day to signal the identity of the scum. That can't be right.

Regards,
Jazz
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by sekinj »

sekinj wrote:
gateway wrote:Still learning popular terms, but whatever the word is you have for that role, that is what I am. Not a cop, like a semi one I suppose.
Did your role PM not contain the 'term' or name of your role? it only contained a description?
I think this is a key point (if I say so myself). Has anyone ever received a role PM for any mafiascum game that DID NOT have the name of the role? Specifically, MY role PM for THIS game had my role name in bold. I can't imagine that gateway's did not, yet he says he doesn't know the 'term' for the role....
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:03 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Battousai wrote:
Panzerjager replaces Kpaca effective immediately.

Vote Count

Gateway
- 6 (Azhrei, Spolium, Molestargazer, ThAdmiral, MafiaSSK, sekinj)
MafiaSSK
- 2 (ThAdmiral, Gateway)
Molestargazer
- 1 (Verbosity)
Spolium
- 1 (kpaca)

Not Voting
: Archon, Chiefskye4, Jazzmyn

It takes 7 to lynch!
double voting goodness!
MafiaSSK wrote:
sekinj wrote:
unvote

I severly doubt gateway could have made up that role.
You don't know about safeclaims?
I also don't think he would have made up that role as he could have easily just claimed something simple like cop etc.
And, tbf, safe claims are quite rare.

Furthermore this role is easily testable.

unvote

Archon wrote:General thought; I think there is a mafia-led bandwagon against gateway.
Who do you think was leading it specifically.
Archon wrote:
Vote; Panzerjager
, for threats against the town.
Can you elaborate?
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:16 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

The thing is that there is a big difference between an investigatory role and a killing role, and Gateway has just morphed his claim from one to the other within the span of a couple of posts.

Gateway:
which is it that you are claiming? It can't possibly be both.

Regards,
Jazz
Gateway
Gateway
Goon
Gateway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:42 pm

Post by Gateway »

sekinj wrote:

If I can say the exact name I was PM'd let me know.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:45 pm

Post by Battousai »

Vote Count

Gateway
- 4 (Azhrei, Molestargazer, MafiaSSK, Panzerjager)
MafiaSSK
- 1 (Gateway)
Molestargazer
- 1 (Verbosity)
Verbosity
- 1 (Archon)

Not Voting
: Chiefskye4, Jazzmyn, sekinj, ThAdmiral, Spolium

It takes 7 to lynch!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”