HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:29 pm

Post by HairyMezican »

I can't think of anything, it's always a little odd joining in the middle of the endgame, because you don't notice little things in people's posts the same way you do if you are playing through the whole thing.

I think I've done a pretty good job of showing who I am, and I hope you make the right choice.
[b]Vote: All of you guys[/b]
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:57 pm

Post by Leonidas »

You mean - something in the lines of
'Lynch the scum?'

The story from my perspective:
I knew Yggdrasil to be innocent because I successfully protected him night 2. Last night, I reread the thread and saw a post by Dodgy where he basically clears you. So I decided to protect HairyMezican, allow him to reduce the size of the town, and confront him on the next day.

FD did a wonderful job using his final vote on IS to suggest a doc claim. Nice, insidious, subtle.
[i]"Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by, that here obedient to their laws we lie." [/i]
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:03 am

Post by HairyMezican »

:?
Leonidas wrote:The no-lynch approach may make sense in general, but ultimately, the best course of action is determined by the roles/powers still available.
If you had information that could have cleared somebody, you should have said something yesterday. If at least 1 person can be cleared, there really is no reason to do a no-lynch, as the only purpose it would serve would be reducing the number of eyes looking upon the clues.

Furthermore, you should have prudently expected yesterday, that the one person who you could confirm as innocent would be the person to die. I think a real doctor would have thought through these things a little better.
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:29 pm

Post by Leonidas »

There were
two
confirmed innocents by then in my eyes.

I had hoped you would claim cop, by the way, it would have made our life much easier, as night 2 also proves that there is a doc.
[i]"Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by, that here obedient to their laws we lie." [/i]
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:52 pm

Post by HairyMezican »

Well then you definitely should have done something yesterday. There is absolutely no point in reducing the size of the town when you already know who the killer is. The idea behind no-lynch when there are 4 people/1 scum left is to eliminate one of the suspects, you are claiming that you had already eliminated 2, so I really don't see the point.

Let me see if I understand your story...

You knew that I was the killer yesterday, but said nothing.
Instead you waited until night, risking the chance that I would kill
you

you protected the one person you knew to be guilty
all for little or no benefit.

Out of curiousity, which post of Dodgy's clears Locus? The one where he confirms that Locus lives by the train station?
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:08 pm

Post by Leonidas »

Huh? You're twisting my words :). Yesterday, it was either you or Locus.
At night, I saw Dodgy's post, and felt okay with letting you kill. The post suggests that he investigated Locus.

Clearing Yggdrasil would have brought no benefit to the town. You would have counter-claimed me as doc, or claimed cop, or claimed whatever role, and I had no clue about Locus.
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:25 pm

Post by Leonidas »

HairyMezican wrote:You knew that I was the killer yesterday, but said nothing.
Instead you waited until night, risking the chance that I would kill
you

you protected the one person you knew to be guilty
all for little or no benefit.
Bah, had you chosen to kill me, my post asking FD why he was suspicious of IS would have been there for the town to build on.

All for little or no benefit, you say? Really? Let's see what Locus thinks.
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:50 pm

Post by HairyMezican »

You haven't really thought the whole doctor thing through as well as you should've if you were actually the doctor. With 4 people around, competing doctor claims are easier to deal with than with 3 people around. I'm not going to bother explaining why unless Locus doesn't understand either.

Yes, let's see what Locus thinks.
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:15 pm

Post by Leonidas »

HairyMezican wrote:With 4 people around, competing doctor claims are easier to deal with than with 3 people around.
I made it clear I was not sure you were actually claiming doc.

But even then - you are still wrong. (Mafia claiming doc + doc), with 4 people around, leads to deadlock.
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:54 pm

Post by HairyMezican »

If there are 4 people left, and the doctor knows for sure that 1 of them is innocent. There is no reason not to claim.

Best case scenario: No counter claims
- with this scenario 2 of the 4 are cleared, which is clearly better than only 1 of the 4 being cleared from a night-kill

Worst case scenario: mafia counter claims
- Playing I protect A, and you protect B, and let's see who dies leads to deadlock if there are no investigative roles. With the large number of investigative roles in this game, and 2 people who potentially have one, it is somewhat likely that one of the 2 would have had one. This would be a very good scenario for the town.

Either way, there would have been no reason to go to night. If I had had proof that Yggdrassil or Locus were innocent, I
definitely
would have revealed. This is also why I protected the person that I felt least likely to be scum, and therefore, hopefully, most likely to have been killed last night: Locus. Hoping to end up in that same situation last night.

Right now I can only hope that Locus has an ability that will confirm that you don't actually live in the University District, or that he has the common sense to see that you haven't really been playing a doctor role.
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:36 pm

Post by Leonidas »

Okay, I did not work on probabilities when I decided my course of action.
Let's see:
HairyMezican wrote: If there are 4 people left, and the doctor knows for sure that 1 of them is innocent. There is no reason not to claim.

Best case scenario: No counter claims
- with this scenario 2 of the 4 are cleared, which is clearly better than only 1 of the 4 being cleared from a night-kill.
50% chance for the town.
HairyMezican wrote:
Worst case scenario: mafia counter claims
- Playing I protect A, and you protect B, and let's see who dies leads to deadlock if there are no investigative roles. With the large number of investigative roles in this game, and 2 people who potentially have one, it is somewhat likely that one of the 2 would have had one.
I tried to get the town to claim these kinds of roles yesterday night, when I mentioned that the proper course of action depended on the roles still available. They knew there was a doc around, they knew where I was coming from. No one claimed. And given the large number of dead cops, I can only assume there are no more cops. The more dead cops, the more cops still around, eh? :)
HairyMezican wrote:
This would be a very good scenario for the town.
50% chance for the town.

When a mafia pre-emptively hints at doc, it's hard to get better than 50%, especially when you're not sure what his intentions are. Looking at my choices, well - yeah, you're right, maybe I did not get better than 50% chance. But I tried. And coming in this day, I was positive it was you.
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:20 am

Post by HairyMezican »

or 100% chance for the town either way depending on what type of investigative abilities are left. And even if there are no investigative roles, and you are at 50%, you now have 2 people who need to agree on who is scum, so you end up with twice as many eyes on the scum.

Yeah, you pushed real hard for a role claim yesterday.
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:38 am

Post by Leonidas »

Little, little scum. I admire your bad faith. :D I didn't push
hard enough
, eh? And the question I asked you - not
clear enough
either, eh? Pro-town roles yesterday knew there was a doc. No cop claimed = no cop left.

Speaking of which, why did you not push for cops to come out? You're claiming doc after all. Do you feel you pushed
hard enough
?
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:49 pm

Post by Kerplunk »

Vote Count

Leonidas
:
HairyMezican

HairyMezican
:
Leonidas

not voting: Locus Cosecant

with 3 alive, it's
2 to lynch
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:57 pm

Post by HairyMezican »

It is better if the people who are not suspects withold releasing what information they have until the suspects provide a full disclosure. That is why I wasn't pushing for a cop claim. We still don't know what kind of role Locus has, he might still have an information gathering role. I am hoping he does.
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:01 pm

Post by HairyMezican »

How 'bout a prod for Locus, he posted in Oval Office Mafia today, but not in here.
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:25 pm

Post by Locus Cosecant »

I'm still mulling it over. Don't rush me.
Show
[size=75]Stats:
Pro-Town: 14 of 17 games
Doctor: 3 of 17 games
Cop: 2 of 17 games
Wins: 12 of 17 games
Lynched Scum: 16 of 27 lynches
Vig-killed Scum: 1 of 1 vig-kills
Survived/NightKilled/Lynched: 5/11/1 games
[/size]
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:31 pm

Post by Leonidas »

You know what? Take your crap, and go sell it to Locus. It took you painfully long to come up with an explanation, and you're contradicting yourself. A doc last night would have tried to assess whom to protect and what the town's resources were.

Too bad you're not FD. You could have explained why he felt compelled to hint at doc when all he had to do was cast the lynching vote on IS. Definitely beneficial for scum. Totally uncalled for for a doc.
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:28 am

Post by Locus Cosecant »

Sigh.
vote Leonidas

I'm sorry everybody. I did my best.
Show
[size=75]Stats:
[/size]
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:00 pm

Post by Leonidas »

Locus Cosecant wrote:I'm sorry everybody. I did my best.
Well, not eveyone is going to be sorry.

So that everyone gets maximum value from this game, and BEFORE anyone else posts:

Locus, please give probabilities for:

Leo scum: ?
HairyMezican scum: ?
---------------------------
Total 1

Then the truth will be revealed.
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:18 pm

Post by Locus Cosecant »

I guess I was about 60/40% more convinced of your scumminess than of HairyMezican's. Really hard to tell, you're both horrible lurkers.
Show
[size=75]Stats:
[/size]
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:53 pm

Post by HairyMezican »

I'm assuming you mean that FD is a horrible lurker?
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:12 pm

Post by Kerplunk »

Leonidas wrote:Then the truth will be revealed.
Indeed.

This long day started when HairyMezican and Leonidas both claimed doc. It was not soon that they both voted for each other and got into a heated argument. Locus Cosecant let them rant at each other and then decided to cast the vote on Leonidas.

HairyMezican and Locus Cosecant closed in on Leonidas, who still pleaded innocent and he wanted to know how sure Locus was. But even if Locus wanted to change his vote it wouldn't have been possible the lynching was already in motion and could not be stopped.
The rope was fit around Leonidas' neck and he was hung.

Then HairyMezican turned to face Locus and...

... shook his hand. "Well done, my friend.".

Leonidas
(Pastrelli Goon) is lynched.

Congratulations town, you have
WON
!

Roles and nightchoices will be posted shortly. I hereby want to apology that sometimes the game stalled due to my absence. I didn't know that computeracces would be a bit tricky sometimes on campus. Thanks for your patience. I had very much fun with designing and modding this game.

Please let me know what you thought of the game. Feedback is more then welcome.
HairyMezican
HairyMezican
Goon
HairyMezican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:20 pm

Post by HairyMezican »

Locus - did you have any abilities that might have been able to help you at the end?

Leonidas - re: claiming doc & univ district - my role says that I like to dress as a big chicken and claim to be, "El Pollo del Pallante," does yours say that also? :wink:
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:33 pm

Post by Kerplunk »

The Roles

On Districts
: The home of each player was located in one of the three regions of El Pallante : harbour, university, trainstation (randomly distributed). Some roles got info about a person's whereabouts that night. And with the information in the dayscene about the location of the murder (which I neglected one time, my mistake!) they could rule out or suspect their targets. I was hoping the game would get into an analytical discussion about locations of players in the nights.

Homeless Guy,
Corsato

Life is hard on the streets, especially when you are homeless. In despite of the numerous disadvantages of living in a box, there is one advantage: you can spy on people. when you find someone suspicious you can follow him around town, and because of your perfect knowledge of the lay of the town, you can tell exactly where they are going to.

Every night you give me a player's name and I tell where that player did what he was planned to do that night.

You live nearby the Trainstation.

Note from Mod: He follows his target through town and gets the district of the mod where his target did his thing.

Private Detective,
Dodgy

You are a Private Detective, but you don't have any customers anymore. That sucks, but also great. Because now you can tail the people you want to tail! No more husbands who commit adultery or looking for missing cats.

Each night you can tail someone and at the end of the night you see who that person targeted.

You live nearby the University.

Note from Mod: He follows his target through town

Cop,
massive

You are a police officer. You can check at someone's house to see if they're mafia. However the house of the Godfather is so normal, if you check that house you will find him innocent.

Tell me who you want to check and I'll tell if he is mafia or not.

Note from MOD: He checks someone at the homedistrict of his target, he is sane

Doc,
HairyMezican/Flying Dutchman

You are the doctor. You can protect someone from being killed each night by going to their house and check up on them. You can, unfortunately, NOT protect yourself.

Give me the name of the player you want to protect and that person will not be killed that night.

Note from MOD: He checks someone at the homedistrict of his target, he is competent

Insomniac,
Locus Cosecant

You suffer from insomnia: you can't sleep. So, what do you do? You wander the streets and dwell through the night ending up in one of the districts.

You have no nightchoice.

Note from MOD: he wanders to the district where the murder took place

Sean Connery,
Jaguar

You are Sean Connery, Mister James Bond. You are sure you have developped enough skills in playing 007 that you can help the town. Each night you go to someone's house and investigate this person's belongings.

Each night you give me the name of a player whose house you want lookthrough. I'll tell you if you've found something incriminating.

You live in the Harbor district.

Note from MOD: He checks someone at the homedistrict of his target

Neighbourhood Watch,
Fuldu

As part of the Neighbourhood Watch you do your round in one of the three Districts: Trainstation, University or the Harbor. You will see all the people who are coming to that District in the night doing whatever "business" they are planning to do. Unfortunately, due to bad memory you can only remember one person every morning you saw in that District.

Each night you patrol in one of the above mentioned Districts. I'll tell who of the people you saw that night (randomly chosen).

Note from MOD: He only sees one person, this person is randomly chosen from the people who were also in that district

Townie,
shelper

You are a respected citizen, but also out-of-work.

You have no nightchoices.

Note from MOD: Both townies cannot be seen at a district

Townie 2,
Yggdrasil

Sorry, no nightchocies for you: You're just a townie.

You have no nightchoices.

Note from MOD: Both townies cannot be seen at a district

Mafia (Godfather),
Internet Stranger

You are the head of the Pastrelli-family. A month or so ago you have decided to go into the mafia-business, you changed the name of the family from Doodle to Pastrelli and you acquired a couple of machineguns. The only thing you need right now is a headquarter. This miserable town of El Pallante is perfect, but first you need to murder all its citizens. Together with your two sons you can each night kill one of the townmembers. As a Godfather you will be found innocent upon investigation by a cop.

Your two sons are NanookTheWolf and Leonidas.

Each night you give me the target and the killer.

Note from MOD: The killer follows his target through town (also for the goons)

Mafia (Goon),
Leonidas

You are now fully in the mafia-business. Changing the family-name from Doodle to Pastrelli won't be enough to set-up a succesful mafia-network. Together with your father and brother you plan to take over this town and make a Pastrelli-headquarters.

Your father is Internet Stranger and your brother is NanookTheWolf.

Mafia (Goon),
NanookTheWolf

You are now fully in the mafia-business. Changing the family-name from Doodle to Pastrelli won't be enough to set-up a succesful mafia-network. Together with your father and brother you plan to take over this town and make a Pastrelli-headquarters.

Your father is Internet Stranger and your brother is Leonidas.

If you have questions about the setup, please ask.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”