Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:31 am

Post by Xdaamno »

skitzer wrote:
Green Crayons wrote:Go back through X's posts. They're just as bad. This is not some sort of new development of X's play this game. Not quite sure why people are happy to say "X is pretty suspicious" but not put their money where their mouth is (just singling these two posts out because they just happened; pretty sure Yos, Patrick and camn have all voiced ample amounts of suspicion about X but I think I'm still the only one voting him). Psst, Incog. Please note he completely side-stepped the meat of your questions about his play.
I haved played games with Xdaamno before, and I find that his posts between those games and this one are pretty similar.
Green Crayons wrote:So you disagree with Incog's 405 assessment (two different play styles)?

It's quite inconclusive. Basically, it shows that Xdaamno's playstyle fluctuates independently of the role he has. In Pikmin Mafia, Xdaamno's playstyle was similar if not worse than it is here, and he was town. Basically, Xdaamno is very hard to read because it appears his playstyle changes with his emotions, not his role.
Well, you make it sound like I get upset over mafia. I'd say it varies with interest at the time of each post (which is almost completely random - this playerlist is great, obv)

=======================
Page 19 Votecount

camn (0/7):
charter (0/7):
DizzyIzzyB13 (1/7): Korts
Ether (0/7):
Green Crayons (0/7):
Incognito (0/7):
Korts (3/7): Incognito, Patrick, DizzyIzzyB13
OhGodMyLife (0/7):
Patrick (1/7): Xdaamno
skitzer (0/7):
Xdaamno (1/7): Green Crayons,
Yosarian2 (3/7): OhGodMyLife, charter, Ether

Not voting (3/12):

skitzer, Yosarian2, camn

With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch.

Countdown To Deadline
============================
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:32 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Xdaamno wrote:
skitzer wrote:
Green Crayons wrote:Go back through X's posts. They're just as bad. This is not some sort of new development of X's play this game. Not quite sure why people are happy to say "X is pretty suspicious" but not put their money where their mouth is (just singling these two posts out because they just happened; pretty sure Yos, Patrick and camn have all voiced ample amounts of suspicion about X but I think I'm still the only one voting him). Psst, Incog. Please note he completely side-stepped the meat of your questions about his play.
I haved played games with Xdaamno before, and I find that his posts between those games and this one are pretty similar.
Green Crayons wrote:So you disagree with Incog's 405 assessment (two different play styles)?

It's quite inconclusive. Basically, it shows that Xdaamno's playstyle fluctuates independently of the role he has. In Pikmin Mafia, Xdaamno's playstyle was similar if not worse than it is here, and he was town. Basically, Xdaamno is very hard to read because it appears his playstyle changes with his emotions, not his role.
Well, you make it sound like I get upset over mafia. I'd say it varies with interest at the time of each post (which is almost completely random - this playerlist is great, obv)
Ignore the parenthesis. I went back and edited the sentence, not realising it no longer made sense.
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:34 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Incognito wrote:I find it strange that Xdaamno is here looking for scum-tells but keeps questioning the dude he thinks is town.
You do this a lot: using non-confrontational and backseat language when challenging someone.

I'll look up your meta tommorow, going to bed now.
Cracking Idea Mafia
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by camn »

skitzer wrote:
camn wrote:And I wonder if he has role-based info as to the NONexistence of a miller?
Could be, but it's best to make sure he's not just assuming this from out of nowhere. Also, it borders rolefishing.
Only if he is soft-claiming. Which I have been known to push lynches over.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:02 pm

Post by Ether »

Hmm. Camn, what was the deal with your vote and unvote, anyway?
Post 452, Xdaamno wrote:I'll look up your meta tommorow, going to bed now.
He's town.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:15 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Ether wrote:Hmm. Camn, what was the deal with your vote and unvote, anyway?
He's town.
Are you saying this based on your opinion of his meta, or is this just an attempt to make sure I actually do the work?
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:17 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Yeah, I see some similar play here:

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... c&&start=0

Null-tell, then.
Cracking Idea Mafia
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:59 am

Post by Green Crayons »

skit wrote:
GC wrote:So you disagree with Incog's 405 assessment (two different play styles)?
It's quite inconclusive. Basically, it shows that Xdaamno's playstyle fluctuates independently of the role he has.
So would you say it's better to judge X's play on a case-by-case basis (that is, solely within the confines of a single game) in order to determine his scum/town leanings, since his meta is a complete mess?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:50 am

Post by camn »

Ether wrote:Hmm. Camn, what was the deal with your vote and unvote, anyway?
Which one? :)

I wanted you to get more in the game.
Plus I have been kind of gambit-happy lately, and I wanted to see what Yosarian would do.
Keep it up on the first, meh on the second.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:00 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Green Crayons wrote:
skit wrote:
GC wrote:So you disagree with Incog's 405 assessment (two different play styles)?
It's quite inconclusive. Basically, it shows that Xdaamno's playstyle fluctuates independently of the role he has.
So would you say it's better to judge X's play on a case-by-case basis (that is, solely within the confines of a single game) in order to determine his scum/town leanings, since his meta is a complete mess?
I liked you better as Erg0.
Cracking Idea Mafia
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:31 am

Post by Korts »

GC wrote:So you're saying you lurked/fell behind because you mismanaged your time (scumchat over ongoing game) and/or over-extended yourself (not enough time in the day to oblige your commitments)?
Essentially, yes. And the semantic argument about the meaning of "couple" is pointless--it doesn't just mean two, it also means (as far as I am aware) "a few". Whether or not nine pages is few is a completely different argument, but I never claimed to be only two pages behind, and that is an idiotic assumption to make.
Xdaamno wrote:I came in here to find some scumtells, so that's what I'm doing now.
I am leaning towards agreeing with skitzer's comment regarding this post. This does seem like a conscious attempt at emphasising that you are scumhunting, as in a pre-emptive defense of sorts. Especially since the next post of yours is a snipe at OGML's fairly reasonable question instead of anything resembling an analysis of scum vs. town motives.
Xdaamno wrote:P.S. If you're so far behind in your reading, why do you feel so comfortable placing your vote on DizzyIzzy? Wouldn't you want to catch up first and then decide where to place your vote after gathering more information about the players and the game in general instead of being so reactionary?
I feel comfortable because and her push on my wagon, by analysis of her reasoning, seems more policy-based than anything--why didn't she vote me while I wasn't posting? A week from deadline, and more than a week since I started trying to catch up, and she wants me to go back to reading and consecutively having to avoid most interactions--which are the best way for me to gauge players' motives. And I am reactionary by nature, it is a good way for me to scumhunt--unless I misunderstand the meaning of the word?

charter's feud with OGML seems overly forced when looking at charter's comments, especially with his pseudo-defense of me in 435 where he goes on a tangent only to mock OGML. It seems more like a conscious attempt at discrediting OGML than earnest frustration.

My list of suspects is now: Izzy, charter, Xdaamno based on the above.
scumchat never die
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:33 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Just popping in to reiterate that the only person other that Yos who I would even consider lynching is charter.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:40 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Korts wrote:
GC wrote:So you're saying you lurked/fell behind because you mismanaged your time (scumchat over ongoing game) and/or over-extended yourself (not enough time in the day to oblige your commitments)?
Essentially, yes. And the semantic argument about the meaning of "couple" is pointless--it doesn't just mean two, it also means (as far as I am aware) "a few". Whether or not nine pages is few is a completely different argument, but I never claimed to be only two pages behind, and that is an idiotic assumption to make.
Xdaamno wrote:I came in here to find some scumtells, so that's what I'm doing now.
I am leaning towards agreeing with skitzer's comment regarding this post. This does seem like a conscious attempt at emphasising that you are scumhunting, as in a pre-emptive defense of sorts. Especially since the next post of yours is a snipe at OGML's fairly reasonable question instead of anything resembling an analysis of scum vs. town motives.
Xdaamno wrote:P.S. If you're so far behind in your reading, why do you feel so comfortable placing your vote on DizzyIzzy? Wouldn't you want to catch up first and then decide where to place your vote after gathering more information about the players and the game in general instead of being so reactionary?
I feel comfortable because and her push on my wagon, by analysis of her reasoning, seems more policy-based than anything--why didn't she vote me while I wasn't posting? A week from deadline, and more than a week since I started trying to catch up, and she wants me to go back to reading and consecutively having to avoid most interactions--which are the best way for me to gauge players' motives. And I am reactionary by nature, it is a good way for me to scumhunt--unless I misunderstand the meaning of the word?

charter's feud with OGML seems overly forced when looking at charter's comments, especially with his pseudo-defense of me in 435 where he goes on a tangent only to mock OGML. It seems more like a conscious attempt at discrediting OGML than earnest frustration.

My list of suspects is now: Izzy, charter, Xdaamno based on the above.
Your use of the world 'snipe' is completely dishonest. Did you actually look at my question? I truly did not know the answer, which I wanted to help me scumhunt.

The fact I forgot to go back and see his answer is irrelevant to the point at hand ¬.¬
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:42 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Oh, I see, he didn't reply.
Xdaamno wrote:
OhGodMyLife wrote:Before I get into anything else, does anyone here other than Yosarian or Patrick want to venture a guess as to why the two of them continuing to hammer at wanting a reason for me not believing a miller IN THIS SETUP is terribly scummy?
What was the point of this question, OGML? It seemed like you had a reason for it.
OGML?
Cracking Idea Mafia
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:43 am

Post by Korts »

Xdaamno wrote:Your use of the world 'snipe' is completely dishonest. Did you actually look at my question? I truly did not know the answer, which I wanted to help me scumhunt.

The fact I forgot to go back and see his answer is irrelevant to the point at hand ¬.¬
I don't see your motivations, I see your actions. You can't expect me to assume that your question was made simply because you didn't know. My point that you declared that you would scumhunt (scummy) and then promptly failed to perform anything resembling it (scummy) is still valid.
scumchat never die
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:50 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Now you're making a pedantic objection. I treat 'asking questions which you can infer alignment from' to be scumhunting. I assume you either think this is not scumhunting, or that you could infer nothing about his alignment from my question?
Cracking Idea Mafia
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:53 am

Post by Korts »

Xdaamno wrote:Now you're making a pedantic objection. I treat 'asking questions which you can infer alignment from' to be scumhunting. I assume you either think this is not scumhunting, or that you could infer nothing about his alignment from my question?
How can you infer OGML's alignment from a question about his call for pressure on his suspects? That is a whole new level of scumhunting to me.
scumchat never die
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:08 am

Post by Xdaamno »

The main purpose of that question was not clear. I'm going to wait for the answer to the question before going any further.
Cracking Idea Mafia
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:15 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Xdaamno wrote:Oh, I see, he didn't reply.
Xdaamno wrote:
OhGodMyLife wrote:Before I get into anything else, does anyone here other than Yosarian or Patrick want to venture a guess as to why the two of them continuing to hammer at wanting a reason for me not believing a miller IN THIS SETUP is terribly scummy?
What was the point of this question, OGML? It seemed like you had a reason for it.
OGML?
What was unclear about the question? Seems simple enough to me.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:26 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I wonder how long X is going to continue to ask clarification to abundantly obvious statements in order to look productive/town.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:07 am

Post by Xdaamno »

OhGodMyLife wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:Oh, I see, he didn't reply.
Xdaamno wrote:
OGML?
What was unclear about the question? Seems simple enough to me.
I meant what were you trying to infer from the answers you would be given, or what was your goal in asking the question, if anything.
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:08 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Green Crayons wrote:I wonder how long X is going to continue to ask clarification to abundantly obvious statements in order to look productive/town.
Playing with you is very,
very
irritating, because you constantly lie. Not only have I not asked "clarification", I have only done what you think you are accusing me of
once
Cracking Idea Mafia
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:27 am

Post by Green Crayons »

X wrote:Playing with you is very, very irritating, because you constantly lie.
Each time you have labeled me as "lying" it was either me voicing my opinion/interpretation of events or me cutting through your BS and calling something for what it was.
X wrote:Not only have I not asked "clarification", I have only done what you think you are accusing me of once.
Looks like requesting clarification to me:
Xdaamno wrote:What was the point of this question, OGML? It seemed like you had a reason for it.
Xdaamno wrote:You've let to draw a link between this behaviour and being scummy. I can see one, but I want to know what you're thinking of.
Xdaamno wrote:Where in your post does he 'argument shift'?
Korts wrote:Essentially, yes. And the semantic argument about the meaning of "couple" is pointless--it doesn't just mean two, it also means (as far as I am aware) "a few". Whether or not nine pages is few is a completely different argument, but I never claimed to be only two pages behind, and that is an idiotic assumption to make.
Next time some friends tell me that they're now a couple, I'll ask who the other seven people are. :roll: Stupid me assuming using words that mean one thing should be something interpreted to be completely and totally what they don't mean even though contextual clues (popping up as soon as absence was mentioned) would leave one to believe otherwise! Gah! How idiotic of me!

...That is, in all honesty, an incredibly bad defense.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:45 am

Post by Korts »

Uhh. You ever heard of words with multiple meanings, GC? Then again, it is not my place to lecture you about language, seeing as I'm the Hungarian and you're native English according to your profile. I may not be clear on every little nuance of the english language--but feel free to ask any hungarian: if translated, "couple", among other things, means "a few".
scumchat never die
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:03 am

Post by Incognito »

GC:
I realize that I've been making comments about Xdaamno implying that I find him scummy, but I haven't been switching my vote to him and therefore haven't been putting my money where my mouth is. I've just largely been biting my tongue on him because I keep getting this nagging feeling that if he ends up being lynched today, he's gonna somehow flip town. His play in the second game I linked to just gives me that feeling. If I had a scum game to compare to, I'd feel much better about my read of him.

Having said that, I should note that I probably wouldn't be completely averse to his lynch if the consensus believes he should be today's lynch. Right now, Korts is looking much scummier to me though.

camn:
Why would scum be more likely to soft-claim than town?
Post 460, Korts wrote:I feel comfortable because and her push on my wagon, by analysis of her reasoning, seems more policy-based than anything--why didn't she vote me while I wasn't posting?
I don't know her reasons for this, but I know my reasons were because your absence seemed more like a site-wide thing at first as your posting rate seemed to be slowing across the board. Then when I checked your posting history again and then began noticing you online more, I felt like you were just strategically lurking in this particular game, and I followed suit with a vote.
Post 460, Korts wrote:And I am reactionary by nature, it is a good way for me to scumhunt--unless I misunderstand the meaning of the word?
By reactionary, I was implying that to me your vote looked more OMGUS-driven rather than me getting the feeling that you genuinely felt like she was scummy. The fact that you kept and
keep
implying that you're behind on so many pages, you seemed to imply that reactions to Yosarian2's claim might be helpful to discern alignments, but then you didn't go out and try to read up on those reactions or the many pages you missed but instead decided to place your vote on DizzyIzzy gives me the feeling that you're being insincere about what you've been stating in the thread. Unless, of course, you feel like DizzyIzzy's reaction to Yosarian2's claim was the scummiest. Feel free to let me know if that's the case.

Post 454, Ether wrote:
He's town.
So are you, dear. So are you.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”