Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:38 am

Post by Patrick »

charter wrote:Where did anyone attack my reasons for voting Yos? I'd still lynch him in a heartbeat if he gets to six votes.
I attacked your reasons for voting Yos, GC indicated agreement with not liking your vote.

Your sudden suspicion of Incognito seems very contrived; even a cursory look at the links he gave would show that he's given people town cred for self-voting in the past. I could understand disagreement, but the fos seems very forced.

Unvote, Vote: charter
. Lets do this.

=======================
Page 23 Votecount

camn (0/7):
charter (2/7): OhGodMyLife, Patrick
DizzyIzzyB13 (1/7): charter
Ether (0/7):
Green Crayons (0/7):
Incognito (0/7):
Korts (3/7): Incognito, DizzyIzzyB13, Ether
OhGodMyLife (0/7):
Patrick (1/7): Xdaamno
skitzer (0/7):
Xdaamno (4/7): Green Crayons, Korts, camn, Yosarian2
Yosarian2 (0/7):

Not voting (3/12):

skitzer,

With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch.

Countdown To Deadline
============================
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:00 am

Post by Incognito »

I'm down with this.

unvote
vote: charter

Hey, charter: while you're at it, do you wanna explain why you said the following in one game where you were town:
SPQR's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1409569#1409569]charter[/url] wrote:I think Xtoxm is town, I don't like Yos or dahill's votes for him either. I'd vote for dahill again if I could.
I don't understand why everyone always blows up when someone self-votes. I don't even remember the last time I saw scum do it when it wasn't a hammer to end the day short
...but have now decided to give me flak for it here?
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:15 am

Post by charter »

Incognito wrote:
Post 539, charter wrote:
Incog wrote:Having said that, I should note that I probably wouldn't be completely averse to his lynch if the consensus believes he should be today's lynch. Right now, Korts is looking much scummier to me though.
FOS. Seems like you're trying to encourage Xdaamos lynch without getting your hands dirty.
Errrr... my intention there should be clear: I believe a Korts-lynch is more likely to hit scum than an Xdaamno-lynch, but I
believed
that Xdaamno had been behaving in such a way that I could have easily seen myself lending my vote to his wagon if people preferred his lynch instead. Given the new information that I received from Xdaamno's self-vote though, I've obviously revised this position and wouldn't support his lynch today at all, but I can't see how you could interpret that as me lending support to his lynch without getting my hands dirty -- I'd have placed my vote on his wagon, and I've been busy questioning him about a lot of his actions all day, which means that if he were lynched and did happen to flip town, I'd be at blame just like anyone else who might have ended up on his wagon.

Further, the only way I could possibly get "my hands dirty" is if Xdaamno is indeed town. Do you
know
him to be town here?
This is bullshit. "Getting your hands dirty" means actually taking part in the lynch. It has no bearing on Xdaamo's alignment, because regardless of his alignment, you as scum, would not want to be a part of his lynch if you can avoid it.
Incog wrote:"When" Xdaamno flips town? Don't you mean "if"? You're making it seem like it was just the self-vote that made me think he was more likely to be town. I had also already mentioned that I thought his play was similar to one of the past town games I looked into.
No, I meant exactly what I said, the theory only works with you scum profiting from an Xdaamo town lynch. And I don't know where you got that second part from, I very clearly said "If him self voting
ENFORCES
your belief that he is town", not is the sole basis for your belief.
Incog wrote:Also, did you even look at those previous self-voting games I've linked to? I've taken this exact same position in multiple games where I've been town and have found it to be a fairly successful town-tell. I don't think his frustration looks manufactured, I do think his frustration looks genuine and townish, and so I don't want to lynch him today. Do you think my reasoning for thinking him town looks contrived?
No, I'm not going to read a bunch of games that have no bearing on this one (especially when you can pick and choose them to prove whatever point you wish). I think you were hedging your bets that he'd get lynched and tried to earn some town points from it.
Patrick wrote:Your sudden suspicion of Incognito seems very contrived; even a cursory look at the links he gave would show that he's given people town cred for self-voting in the past. I could understand disagreement, but the fos seems very forced.
Why on earth would I pick now to all of a sudden be suspicious of someone unless I actually thought they did something suspicious? Why would I pick Incog who's so "obvtown" to all you sheep?

And as for the comment in SPQR. Oh I don't know, maybe because it happened BEFORE I knew the SK self voted. So obviously I can't say what I said in SPQR is true anymore. Try and fabricate better arguments next time.

I also love how Incog can't vote for me until others vote for me. His responses were terrible, but you all can follow him to your graves for all I care.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:20 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

This is the part where charter tries to fake frustration because being frustrated saved Xdaamno.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:28 am

Post by charter »

So you think that Incog's responses to my FOS's were good? What do you think of my responses to him?

Instead of giving useless comments like that, you could maybe try and elaborate why you think I'm scum, because no one has given much of a reason.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:31 am

Post by Incognito »

charter, I'm not going to get into a typing contest with you. The point is if you previously held a certain belief as town that you "don't even remember the last time you saw scum do it when it wasn't a hammer to end the day short" then you
should
technically see where I'm coming from and should NOT use that as reason to be suspicious of me. You gave me two FoS's, placed me into your top three, and have now come out on a full-on assault trying to attack me since I still believe in something that you
yourself
believed in as town at least at one point during your Mafia-playing days. The MOST I'd expect you to do with me is maybe a hand-slap or to point out an example of a time where the same logic I used to derive my town feelings for Xdaamno might have proved wrong since you saw something different in your own experience but you didn't do that -- instead you used that as reason to bring me into your top three when you previously had absolutely NO suspicions of me! The fact that you used that as reason to be suspicious of me AND went so far as to accuse me of being scum who is trying to gain town cred when you previously held those same EXACT beliefs at one point or another just proves that your case is phony.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:50 am

Post by Patrick »

charter wrote:Why on earth would I pick now to all of a sudden be suspicious of someone unless I actually thought they did something suspicious? Why would I pick Incog who's so "obvtown" to all you sheep?
I don't know. If you're scum and he's town, maybe you're just trying to chip away at his credibility so you can keep the net for suspicion wider for later. Maybe you thought you could get a little pressure on him. Maybe you just wanted to add more content to your post and didn't realise you'd get flak for that attack. I'm sure there's other possibilities. I'm more concerned about why your attack doesn't make much sense from a protown perspective, and your recent exchange with Incognito hasn't changed my mind.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:51 am

Post by Korts »

Incog wrote:I'm counting at least 6 people who seem willing to lynch him (OGML, you, Patrick, Yosarian2 seemed to voice some recent concern, camn probably would, and I'd be completely willing to lynch him too especially after this last post of his).
You can add me to that list. I don't like his recent posting, nor his defense of me that he managed to tie to OGML's suspicion on him--it looks like he's trying to leave links in case he's lynched. Also, Incognito has a very good point on charter's reasoning in SPQR vs. Incog's reasoning in this game.

unvote, vote: charter

That makes four votes.
scumchat never die
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:43 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

This charter wagon has been gathering steam rather quickly. From charter being lurking in the backfground of people's suspicions, he's suddenly picked up 4 votes in the space of less than a page and a total of 1 hour and 43 minutes. I also notice that two of those voters - Korts and Xdaamno, to be precise, are people who've been under pressure recently. It seems a little odd to me.

OGML's been pretty focused on getting Yos lynched, so I find it surprising that he's been the one to start the charter wagon with the first vote rather than moving in later, which would have been a little more in line with his earlier statements that charter would be the only other person he'd consider lynching.

Incognito's is the only vote I don't have any issues with, since he's been working on charter for a little while, and wasn't committed to any cause. I don't know. I'm going to need to re-read charter to see if he's scum, but I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't scum on the wagon already, especially if he comes up town.
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:50 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

charter wrote:
Incognito wrote:
Post 539, charter wrote:
Incog wrote:Having said that, I should note that I probably wouldn't be completely averse to his lynch if the consensus believes he should be today's lynch. Right now, Korts is looking much scummier to me though.
FOS. Seems like you're trying to encourage Xdaamos lynch without getting your hands dirty.
Errrr... my intention there should be clear: I believe a Korts-lynch is more likely to hit scum than an Xdaamno-lynch, but I
believed
that Xdaamno had been behaving in such a way that I could have easily seen myself lending my vote to his wagon if people preferred his lynch instead. Given the new information that I received from Xdaamno's self-vote though, I've obviously revised this position and wouldn't support his lynch today at all, but I can't see how you could interpret that as me lending support to his lynch without getting my hands dirty -- I'd have placed my vote on his wagon, and I've been busy questioning him about a lot of his actions all day, which means that if he were lynched and did happen to flip town, I'd be at blame just like anyone else who might have ended up on his wagon.

Further, the only way I could possibly get "my hands dirty" is if Xdaamno is indeed town. Do you
know
him to be town here?
This is bullshit. "Getting your hands dirty" means actually taking part in the lynch. It has no bearing on Xdaamo's alignment, because regardless of his alignment, you as scum, would not want to be a part of his lynch if you can avoid it.
Bad argument; trying to "get Xdaamno lynched without getting his hands dirty" only makes sense if you think (or know) that Xdaamno is town. If Xdaamno was scum with Incognito, like you're suggesting here, then Incog would want to either protect him or be very visably seen to be on his lynch, which is the exact opposite of what you were accusing him of.

Now, if your defense had been something like "Yes; your post makes me suspect that you are scum attacking town, and i thought xdaamno was town anyway" or whatever, I would have been fine with it, but this response just feels dishonest to me.
Incog wrote:"When" Xdaamno flips town? Don't you mean "if"? You're making it seem like it was just the self-vote that made me think he was more likely to be town. I had also already mentioned that I thought his play was similar to one of the past town games I looked into.
No, I meant exactly what I said, the theory only works with you scum profiting from an Xdaamo town lynch.
Wait...didn't you just say that "Incog wouldn't want to get his hands dirty" no matter if Xdaamno is town or scum?
Incog wrote:Also, did you even look at those previous self-voting games I've linked to? I've taken this exact same position in multiple games where I've been town and have found it to be a fairly successful town-tell. I don't think his frustration looks manufactured, I do think his frustration looks genuine and townish, and so I don't want to lynch him today. Do you think my reasoning for thinking him town looks contrived?
No, I'm not going to read a bunch of games that have no bearing on this one (especially when you can pick and choose them to prove whatever point you wish). I think you were hedging your bets that he'd get lynched and tried to earn some town points from it.
I don't believe that you actually think that was what Incog was trying to do here.
Patrick wrote:Your sudden suspicion of Incognito seems very contrived; even a cursory look at the links he gave would show that he's given people town cred for self-voting in the past. I could understand disagreement, but the fos seems very forced.
Why on earth would I pick now to all of a sudden be suspicious of someone unless I actually thought they did something suspicious? Why would I pick Incog who's so "obvtown" to all you sheep?
Because he's attacking you, and you want to undermine him, obviously. It's called OMGUS.

Also, Incog is clearly obvtown, and you are clearly scum.

Unvote:xdaamno
Vote:Charter

Only thing that bothers me about changing my vote here is that my pressure vote on Xdaamno still hasn't accomplished his purpose; he STILL hasn't done any real scumhunting. I am going to be very, very unhappy with Xdaamno if the day ends and he still hasn't done anything at all yet. (And no, a self vote does not count. :angry face:)
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:51 am

Post by Korts »

Izzy, Incog was the one who voted charter before me, not Xdaamno.
scumchat never die
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:58 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

I didn't say anything about the order of votes, did I? I only have you two named together because I find your votes odd for the same reason - that you two have been the two most recent focuses of suspicion, and you've jumped quickly onto the charter wagon. Which, incidently, has gone from nothing to L-2 in less than a page and 2 hours and 42 minutes. This sort of speed I find slightly distubing.
Show
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:09 am

Post by Korts »

Xdaamno hasn't voted charter at all, Izzy. He's still self-voting.
scumchat never die
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:12 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

...dammit.

Patrick and Xdaamno's avatars confuse me. =/
Show
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:12 am

Post by charter »

Incog wrote:The point is if you previously held a certain belief as town that you "don't even remember the last time you saw scum do it when it wasn't a hammer to end the day short" then you should technically see where I'm coming from and should NOT use that as reason to be suspicious of me.
I don't see how on earth you can think self voting is a TOWN tell. I've never thought someone was town for self voting, I generally ignore it.
Patrick wrote:I don't know.
Convincing argument there. If you want, I can give you a bunch of bad reasons why I would pick now as town to go with your bad reasons I'm supposedly doing it as scum.
korts wrote:Also, Incognito has a very good point on charter's reasoning in SPQR vs. Incog's reasoning in this game.
No, it's actually a wrong reason.

Yos's post is so full of garbage I'm not responding to it. Every single point he made was flat out wrong, and obviously so.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:14 am

Post by charter »

And FOS Yos again for the reason I just stated.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:10 pm

Post by camn »

Vote: Charter.

For Bandwagon Voting.

Plus,
I like this wagon.
I like that it draws charter into the game more.
Plus my previously stated reasons.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:12 pm

Post by camn »

Ooh.

I missed Yos2's vote.

That makes L-1!

Whats up now, charter?
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:15 pm

Post by charter »

I'm trying hard not to start insulting people, that's whats up.

I feel like I have genuinely not been scummy. I've been doing really good lately. This is my first time dying before endgame in a long time. :(

Of course, now someone will take this as a confession to being scum (it isn't)... Oh well.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:18 pm

Post by charter »

Oh, and no one asked, but I'm sure you all are curious as to what awesome role I am. I am a
mason
. Alignment of partner not mod confirmed. Duhn Duhn duhhhh....
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by charter »

Oh, and I have yet to choose who I want to be my partner.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by skitzer »

OGML wrote:skitzer, 461 is nothing like 437
They sound slightly similar to me.
Xdaamno wrote:Secondly, though, would you have thought my short post would have been less suspiscious if it was merged with my other posts sandwiching it? I used it as a divider, and I think that has inflammated this suspiscion. I do see your point, though, and it was a bad thing to post. I knew my last post looked like I was still arguing about theory, so I quickly posted that and went back to check the thread.
I can see your point. It would have been better if you did merge the posts. It's also partially my fault for reading posts so individually.

OK WEIRD THING
In the last few pages when the charterwagon to whereever came about, I thought "Wow, everyone in this game is so good because they can read each others minds!" I thought this because there was little to no explanation.

However, this...
charter wrote:Of course, now someone will take this as a confession to being scum (it isn't)... Oh well.
...And this and this...
charter wrote:I am a mason. Alignment of partner not mod confirmed.
charter wrote:Oh, and I have yet to choose who I want to be my partner.
(Basically, I don't know the alignment of my mason partner, but I don't know who my mason partner is = inconsistent, bad claim)

...it is easy to see that there is plenty of reasoning in the last three posts.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:21 pm

Post by charter »

No, I get to pick who I want to be my partner.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by skitzer »

But you said that your partner didn't have an alignment before you said that. Meaning that your unknown partner had an alignment that wasn't mod confirmed. Either you structured it poorly or it was inconsistent.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by charter »

I pick who I want to be my partner. Their alignment isn't mod confirmed. I didn't think it was unclear...

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”