Wheel of Time Mafia: Rip in the Pattern (GAME OVER)

Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:35 pm

Post by Sajin »

xxFabianxx wrote:It wasn't a mess of a post, it actually makes sense, Cyberbob.
Why?
Aes Sedai have to tell the truth and darkfriends have to lie, so we can use that to our advantage.
IF scum HAD to lie, then I would totally support your theories (and every game of mafia would be incredibly easy). Also there may be more than heaven and death roads. There could be serial killers in purgatory.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:38 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

xxFabianxx wrote:It wasn't a mess of a post, it actually makes sense, Cyberbob.
Why?
Aes Sedai have to tell the truth and darkfriends have to lie, so we can use that to our advantage.
How?

Maybe later in the game if we find a player is AS, we can examine their posts as we will have had assurance that they were not lying.

At this point, though, you'd have to out the AS to use the fact that they're not lying, and outing them at this point is dumb.
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:46 pm

Post by fuzzylightning »

Kison wrote:
fuzzylightning wrote:Honestly, I am starting to wonder what Shadow Knight is playing at right now, he seems very transfixed on the Aes Sedai and I don't know what he is trying to accomplish at this time.
FoS: Shadow Knight
. What are you hoping to accomplish with all this talk of AS?

The mini should be taken into account for very little in this game, because if you look in the large theme ideas thread, Kinetic stated that he was going to change things around.
Vote: fuzzylightning

Are you voting for Shadow Knight for anything besides that he is talking about Aes Sedai? That appears to be the subject around which the game is revolving right now, so why single him out?
I was singling him out, because I don't know what he is trying to do with all his talk of Aes Sedai, whereas everyone else was pretty clear in their posts, hence the FoS and not the vote.

@Fabian:
What the hell are you saying there, you have me completely confused as to what you want to happen. You are trying to find the people who tell the truth and the people who lie? That just seems like a bad idea, and I am kinda tired of all these schemes to find out who is and isn't an Aes Sedai, they really don't help the town at all.
Unvote, Vote: Fabian
. You're play seems very much, I am trying to help the town to make me seem townish but your overall goal seems scummy to me.
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
xxFabianxx
xxFabianxx
Goon
xxFabianxx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:56 pm

Post by xxFabianxx »

sajin wrote:"IF scum HAD to lie, then I would totally support your theories (and every game of mafia would be incredibly easy). Also there may be more than heaven and death roads"
Dude, the idea of the game is that scum have to lie because of their allegiance, and Aes Sedai and town can tell the truth!

I don't want to out any Aes Sedai, it seems most people are against my idea, I just thought I would put it out there.
I don't see any difference in my idea and the thought of getting everyone to say "I am not scum" like people were doing earlier, and in the mini WOT, I'm just trying to take make sure the questions are foolproof and peple can't avoid telling the truth.
Indubitable
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:29 am

Post by Faraday »

@ Kison: Yes you were correct
xxFabianxx wrote: I wasn't making a filler post, I can't figure out what the question would be, but I do know that with some smarts it could be effective.
This whole post seems filler, I mean the riddle doesn't even seem very relevant and it's just, I'm not even sure where the start of it came from. I don't really even understand it, it seems your logic is flawed tho' as is the analogy to the riddle.

Bob is correct in 117 too in that there's going to be nothing like that, as it wouldn't make sense.

MacavityLock; Verin is an enigma, for sure. But we still don't really know enough about her, in the books. She's obviously not B.A. but yeh, still I think. Let's not hypothesise too much about possible roles anyway. P

Fabian wrote:Aes Sedai have to tell the truth and darkfriends have to lie, so we can use that to our advantage.
Lie ...in regards to what? Their alliegance? Yes, but they can tell the truth at times too :?

Fabian, from what I can work out your idea is quite frankly not very good. It's not 100% making sense to me on how you felt we could exploit it, but suffice to say I think it'll do more harm and good.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:37 am

Post by Faraday »

EBWOP: Ugh some of my sentence structure there is fairly appalling, sorry I'm tired :P
xxFabianxx
xxFabianxx
Goon
xxFabianxx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:45 am

Post by xxFabianxx »

Euch...

Look...

I have no idea what the hell I was talking about last night, I had been drinking for 12+ hours when I got home and went online, and now I'm going back to bed.

I'll read the thread again later.
Indubitable
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:12 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

fuzzylightning wrote:
Kison wrote:
fuzzylightning wrote:Honestly, I am starting to wonder what Shadow Knight is playing at right now, he seems very transfixed on the Aes Sedai and I don't know what he is trying to accomplish at this time.
FoS: Shadow Knight
. What are you hoping to accomplish with all this talk of AS?

The mini should be taken into account for very little in this game, because if you look in the large theme ideas thread, Kinetic stated that he was going to change things around.

Are you voting for Shadow Knight for anything besides that he is talking about Aes Sedai? That appears to be the subject around which the game is revolving right now, so why single him out?
I was singling him out, because I don't know what he is trying to do with all his talk of Aes Sedai, whereas everyone else was pretty clear in their posts, hence the FoS and not the vote.

@Fabian:
What the hell are you saying there, you have me completely confused as to what you want to happen. You are trying to find the people who tell the truth and the people who lie? That just seems like a bad idea, and I am kinda tired of all these schemes to find out who is and isn't an Aes Sedai, they really don't help the town at all.
Unvote, Vote: Fabian
. You're play seems very much, I am trying to help the town to make me seem townish but your overall goal seems scummy to me.
Something is very wrong about this post.

Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:34 am

Post by Isacc »

ML wrote:Given Van Damien's role from last game (which tl;dr was a town role which may have gone insane), I didn't think it was out of the realm of possibility that there was a role bound by the no-lying post restriction that currently has a town win cond but may not in the future. If someone refused to say the second part of the sentence ("I am not aware of any circumstance in which I do not win with town."), that would be an indication that we'd probably need to either immediately or eventually get rid of them.
Yes, VanDamien could eventually become not-town. However, VanDamien wasn't bound to the three oaths.

The ONLY people bound to the three oaths are Aes Sedai, and the ONLY people in the entire books that could not lie were Aes Sedai. So, unless you can figure some reason why an Aes Sedai would suddenly become a SK or other non-town role, then this whole pursuit was pointless.

My beef with this is different though. ML, being in the mini, should have known that last time all this little plan did was distract the town and cause arguments over things that did not help scumhunting in the least.

So, I say,
FoS:MacavityLock
for distracting the town.

Fabian wrote:I do think it can only harm the game if people come in with a dislike towards a certain player simply for something as simple as a disagrement about playstyle.
WIt's a valid point, we're all human and we have bias, and I don't think we should have been allowed to speak before the game started, that's why I didn't, and I think what I said before is a valid point, not about this game but about mafia games in general.

I apologise for being vague before when I said we should be more clear with our questions, but I did actually have a point about the questions, I just failed to convey it.
What I was hinting at was the age old riddle.

"You stand at a fork in the road. Next to each of the two forks, there stands a guard. You know the following things: 1. One path leads to Paradise, the other to Death.
One of the two guards always tells the truth, and the other guard always lies.
Unfortunately, it is impossible for you to distinguish between the two guards.
You may ask one question to one guard. What do you ask?

I'm honestly not sure how to ask the question in this situation, but if we have a group who can't lie and a group who lie, we can use this, right?

I wasn't making a filler post, I can't figure out what the question would be, but I do know that with some smarts it could be effective.

Ok, this is bad. BAD. The group who can't lie is Aes Sedai,
pro-town
. Any sort of situation where we out the honest people is
an attempt to out pro-town power roles

[quote="Fabian]Aes Sedai have to tell the truth and darkfriends have to lie, so we can use that to our advantage.[/quote]

NO! WRONG! Aes Sedai have to tell the truth. Darkfriends do whatever the hell they want to. Your strategy here will ONLY out Aes Sedai. Bad bad bad baaaad.

I think we need to stop discussing schemes and plans to try and break the game in Day 1, and instead try looking for scum, yes? All this speculation is starting to make me uneasy...
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:40 am

Post by Seraphim »

Unvote
Vote: fuzzylighting

Fuzzy needs more prodding as his posts have been scum-tastic.
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:07 am

Post by fuzzylightning »

What is so scum-tastic about my posts? Both you and ABR say my posts look scummy, but say nothing about them, maybe if you tell me what you don't like about them, I can clarify, but I can't clarify if I don't know what you don't like about them.
0-1 as Mafia
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:30 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Isacc wrote: My beef with this is different though. ML, being in the mini, should have known that last time all this little plan did was distract the town and cause arguments over things that did not help scumhunting in the least.

So, I say,
FoS:MacavityLock
for distracting the town.
Does the "distracting from scumhunting" argument work when we were in the middle of RVs?
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:57 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

This whole speculation is so painful.
Wake me when it ends.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:04 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Hi, I'm playing in Tucking Fypo's stead. In his two posts, he said nothing of relevance.

Knight of Cydonia, please tell us who you suspect and why.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:16 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Right now? On Day 1 with 6 pages of role speculation and bullshit about how best we can do the scum's job by outing potential Aes Sedai for them? Pretty damn much everyone stupid enough to take part in such a worthless sidetrack, because the more of this deliberately obfuscating crap clogs up the thread, the harder finding scum becomes, and I'm pretty damn sure that most of this crap is coming from scum.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:39 am

Post by Kinetic »

It looks like people have stopped coming to the town now, but no one is leaving. You would think they all intended to live here now... Or die here.

- From the Journal of Jardor Calol

The Third Vote Count
  1. (0) Mr. Flay -
  2. (0) Isacc -
  3. (3)
    fuzzylightning - Kison, Albert B. Rampage, Seraphim
  4. (2)
    MacavityLock - hasdgfas, Shadow Knight
  5. (0) Seraphim -
  6. (0) julienvonwolfe -
  7. (1)
    Cyberbob - MacavityLock
  8. (0) Kairyuu -
  9. (1)
    Tenchi - Sajin
  10. (0) Albert B. Rampage -
  11. (0) armlx -
  12. (0) Slicey -
  13. (2)
    Mastermind of Sin - Mr. Flay, Mufasa
  14. (0) Tuberkulos -
  15. (0) Moratorium -
  16. (2)
    Shadow Knight - Faraday, Kairyuu
  17. (0) Mufasa -
  18. (1)
    SpyreX - Mastermind of Sin
  19. (1)
    xxFabianxx - fuzzylightning
  20. (0) Myndrunner -
  21. (0) Faraday -
  22. (0) Sajin -
  23. (0) hasdgfas -
  24. (0) Knights of Cydonia -
  25. (0) MrBuddyLee -
  26. (0) Kison -
Votes Required to Lynch:

Not Voting (13): Isaac, julienvonwolfe, Cyberbob, Tenchi, armlx, Slicey, Tuberkulos, Moratorium, SpyreX, xxFabianxx, Myndrunner, Knights of Cydonia, MrBuddyLee

FoS Count
  1. (0) Mr. Flay -
  2. (0) Isacc -
  3. (0) fuzzylightning -
  4. (3)
    MacavityLock - Seraphim, Mr. Flay, Isacc
  5. (0) Seraphim -
  6. (0) julienvonwolfe -
  7. (0) Cyberbob -
  8. (0) Kairyuu -
  9. (0) Tenchi -
  10. (0) Albert B. Rampage -
  11. (0) armlx -
  12. (0) Slicey -
  13. (0) Mastermind of Sin -
  14. (0) Tuberkulos -
  15. (0) Moratorium -
  16. (3)
    Shadow Knight - Cyberbob, fuzzylightning, Knight of Cydonia
  17. (0) Mufasa -
  18. (0) SpyreX -
  19. (0) xxFabianxx -
  20. (0) Myndrunner -
  21. (0) Faraday -
  22. (0) Sajin -
  23. (0) hasdgfas -
  24. (0) Knights of Cydonia -
  25. (0) MrBuddyLee -
  26. (0) Kison -
Not FoSing (20): MacavityLock, julienvonwolfe, Kairyuu, Tenchi, Albert B. Rampage, armlx, Slicey, Mastermind of Sin, Tuberkulos, Moratorium, Shadow Knight, Mufasa, SpyreX, xxFabianxx, Myndrunner, Faraday, Sajin, hasdgfas, MrBuddyLee, Kison

Current Deadline:
May 15, 2009 at ~11:59 PM EDT (GMT -4)
First Mod Deadline Review:
May 1, 2009 at ~11:59 PM EDT (GMT -4)
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:47 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Unvote, Vote: fuzzylightning

First you FoS Shadow Knight for his talk of Aes Sedai while he is trying to stop people from outing them, then you vote Fabian for trying to out Aes Sedai? This is not only inconsistent, but it smells a bit fishy to me as well.
Permanent V/LA.
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:56 am

Post by fuzzylightning »

No, I was FoSing Shadow because I wasn't sure what he was getting at, and all I really wanted him to do was to explain what he wanted to happen a little more clearly, now if he has done that, I will gladly take off the FoS. My vote on Fabian is completely for trying to out Aes Sedai and for trying to find a way to implement a plan that would be very harmful to the town.

Looking back on the thread now, it has become clear that Shadow doesn't want to out the AS, so with that
UnFoS
, I apologize for any confusion as I had missed Shadow's post where it was clear he didn't want to out the AS.
0-1 as Mafia
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:11 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:Right now? On Day 1 with 6 pages of role speculation and bullshit about how best we can do the scum's job by outing potential Aes Sedai for them? Pretty damn much everyone stupid enough to take part in such a worthless sidetrack, because the more of this deliberately obfuscating crap clogs up the thread, the harder finding scum becomes, and I'm pretty damn sure that most of this crap is coming from scum.
So who would that be, in order from worst to least offenders?
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:17 am

Post by Faraday »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:Right now? On Day 1 with 6 pages of role speculation and bullshit about how best we can do the scum's job by outing potential Aes Sedai for them? Pretty damn much everyone stupid enough to take part in such a worthless sidetrack, because the more of this deliberately obfuscating crap clogs up the thread, the harder finding scum becomes, and I'm pretty damn sure that most of this crap is coming from scum.
This seems like an incredibly over the top response to a simple question. :?
It also (in?)directly avoids the question by not giving any names.

Could you elaborate a bit, maybe instead of making vague statements about crap coming from scum.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by Slicey »

ugh, this game is moving fast, and the fact that I've never even heard of Wheel of Time is making this difficult. I'll read the topic and post some opinions soon. Question though: are these Aes Sedai guys bad guys or good guys in the books?
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:16 pm

Post by Isacc »

fuzzylightning wrote:No, I was FoSing Shadow because I wasn't sure what he was getting at, and all I really wanted him to do was to explain what he wanted to happen a little more clearly, now if he has done that, I will gladly take off the FoS. My vote on Fabian is completely for trying to out Aes Sedai and for trying to find a way to implement a plan that would be very harmful to the town.

Looking back on the thread now, it has become clear that Shadow doesn't want to out the AS, so with that
UnFoS
, I apologize for any confusion as I had missed Shadow's post where it was clear he didn't want to out the AS.
Backpedaling. Enough said.

Upgrade:
Vote: MacavityLock
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Isacc wrote:Upgrade:
Vote: MacavityLock
Why?
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:32 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

fuzzylightning wrote:No, I was FoSing Shadow because I wasn't sure what he was getting at, and all I really wanted him to do was to explain what he wanted to happen a little more clearly, now if he has done that, I will gladly take off the FoS. My vote on Fabian is completely for trying to out Aes Sedai and for trying to find a way to implement a plan that would be very harmful to the town.

UnFoS
Why would Fabian's plan be harmful to the town?

Where do you see that he says that he doesn't want to out the AS?
Why are you so quick to trust that if you thought he was before? Of course he's going to deny it.
I have to agree with Isacc here about the backpedaling.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:55 pm

Post by Seraphim »

I like my vote.

Also, Slicey, Aes Sedai are pretty much female magicians who have taken an oath(check the first post). They are generally "good" but don't always support the agenda of the main characters in the book. Generally manipulative.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”