AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:50 pm

Post by AndyTony »

Zachrulez wrote: I doubt it. With the direction this game has gone, logic seems to have gone out the window a long time ago. But basically what it comes down to is this. You find me scummy for listening to you guys and caving to just about all the lynches you want. Now with the game on the line I want to think for myself, that's scummy? I certainly trust myself more in lylo then a bunch of people who could be scum...
In this quote, you agree with me that logic has been absent, and you admit to not contributing to the town and only following lynches.

In light of that - I would like you to re-evaluate how you felt about my Millar lynch - - I wanted to be calculated and responsible, and think for myself, Zach, I assure you - and from what you're saying, you share that same desire.
Zachrulez wrote: How is it to my convenience? I saw what I saw. Drew the conclusion that I drew, and ended up thinking you were scum. How exactly is that manufacturing anything? I am pointing out my interpretation of what is there. That is how mafia is played.
YES - but what Im saying is that your interpretation is easily weighed next to the polar opposite - - you looked at a subject and tried to see scum, like a firefighter trying to see arson - - that's how things get manufactured - - If you tried to look at the same subjects for town qualities, it is fair to say you can see it - - that's my point - - Yes, mafia is played with sharing, but I strongly advice sharing more concrete evidence (or better said, MORE SO concrete than what you had)
Zachrulez wrote: How do we know that you didn't coordinate the death of Pablo Molinero on night 2 with Phail in order to implicate me the next day as you so extravagantly did. WHY WAIT UNTIL DAY 3 TO START POINTING THAT SHIT OUT?
There's no need to get heated - - I did
not
pull that card on you, I believe I was suspecting guiseppe at that time.

Find me an appropriate quote to support that, please - I believe it was Phail that did this.
Zachrulez wrote: You're the most ridiculous person I've ever played mafia with in my life. You attack me for not calling Phail out sooner, cause you'd apparently prefer that over me calling YOU out. Yet you don't call me out immediately on day 2 when I argue with Pablo. How is this not the biggest hypocritical turd ever?
You're coming across as desperate and scared again - - In all fairness, you've been most hypocritical (I laid a couple pieces of interest in the quotes of my case on you) and what is most hypocritical is calling me a fence sitter and bad logic voter before admitting to following wagons and only thinking for yourself in Lylo - - that's terrible!!!! What logic can be worse than going days and deaths in our town without THINKING?

Second point - - I didn't tell you to attack Phail sooner, I inquired as to why you once again saved a suspicion for later in regards to EVIDENCE - - you said you couldn't understand any of his posts - - why not bring it up at the time of posting? why only DISTANCE yourself when he's being readied for the chopping block? Scum...
Zachrulez wrote: By the way, scum don't kill the people they think they can lynch
Is that why you're after me right now? Should I feel safe?
Zachrulez wrote:
AndyTony wrote:I think you're terrified about the hunt for scum 2 tomorrow
And I would have no reason to be if I was the leading candidate for a lylo lynch as town?

Yeah, I know this is supposed to mean that I'm afraid of the hunt for scum 2 because I am scum, but I couldn't resist.
"It's Not A Breeze, 'Cause It Blows Hard"
AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:52 pm

Post by AndyTony »

Ah - Votes in.

Let's see how tomorrow unfolds, then guys -

If I die, it really was awesome playing with you all - my favorite game yet :)
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:07 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Code: Select all

-- STOP Point --

Day 4 analysis complete
AI Module [madeofphail (Doctor)] has been eliminated.

Calculating 0% chance of town victory.

MAFIA  (AndyTony & Cephrir) WIN!

Program halted.
C:\>

-={Are we okay? Are we still alive?}=-

-<Of course we are. It was just a computer program. Why did you get all weird and existential?>-

-={Sorry. Forgot my meds.}=-

Open 124 (2:10 Bugs Bunny) is officially over. Great job everyone! Post-game discussion to follow. Punch will be served.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:25 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

I'll post more later on tonight when I'm done work, but overall, I want to thank everyone. Not a single replacement was needed! You guys rock.

I want to congratulate AndyTony and Cephrir for doing a great job as scum. AndyTony especially did an awesome job of posting and leading the town astray. Cephrir also did a great job lurking and staying off the radar until it was too late.

madeofphail, I think you're way too hard on yourself. You did a great job. The call to No Lynch was absolutely the right strategy move with an even number of players at LYLO. However, outing yourself as the doctor completely negated it. Still, it's a learning experience.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:10 am

Post by Zachrulez »

The doc claim really made no sense. He gave Cephrir the perfect opening.

As people look back, they will be able to tell that I wasn't so sure about Cephrir's counterclaim, but I really lacked a reason to vote him over Phail.

I also doubt anyone would have listened to me had I actually gone against Ceph. Just kinda the way I felt all game about the way all my ideas were received.

I knew AT was scum though... but apparently I was the only one that felt that way. :s

What a mess this game was...
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:14 am

Post by dejkha »

Zachrulez wrote:The doc claim really made no sense.
This x10.

Fun game though. I hope to play with you all (except Grimmy lol) in the future.
"You say that all my posts are stupid like a motherf***ing SOB. I'm sick and tired of your constant BS." - Zwet to me.

"Fuck you... You're a pompous, ignorant fool, dejkha, and I don't appreciate your incessant badmouthing of me." - Zwet
AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:23 am

Post by AndyTony »

Lots of fun, guys! - hope to play with you all again!!
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:33 am

Post by Grimmy »

AndyTony wrote:Lots of fun, guys! - hope to play with you all again!!
(Except for Grimmy)
Fixed it for ya.

HEy dej, any way I can get you to put this in your sig?

Grimmy
wouldnt feel right not playing in a game with Dej
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:04 am

Post by dejkha »

Put what in my sig? What I said or what you said?:

"Grimmy
wouldnt feel right not playing in a game with Dej"
"You say that all my posts are stupid like a motherf***ing SOB. I'm sick and tired of your constant BS." - Zwet to me.

"Fuck you... You're a pompous, ignorant fool, dejkha, and I don't appreciate your incessant badmouthing of me." - Zwet
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:29 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Oh man, I was so completely wrong on the last day, it wasn't even funny. Makes me glad I wasn't alive to waste my vote. GG all.
SAMMICHES SAMMICHES SAMMICHES
AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:13 am

Post by AndyTony »

I forgot to tell you guys!!!

I almost lost my shit lol - - I had typed out this HUUUUUGGE post with evidence and organized quotes defending why
I
I was the doc - - before clicking submit, I saved the post and refreshed the page - - I would have hit send within the same minute as Ceph and we'd have both countered at the same time lmao

I killed the lurkers, and tried to mislynch poor players - - Ceph and I discussed lynching one another to gain immunity (that ended when I turned on Zach - - ps, I'm sorry for annoying you) - - This was my first scum role!
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:15 am

Post by Zachrulez »

It's a good thing you didn't counter. I would have been screaming even louder for your lynch, and the whole thing could have blown up in your face. ;)
AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:58 am

Post by AndyTony »

I would have used the blow up as an act of insecurity and turned it around ;) lol

You, Dej, and others, I do look forward to meeting on these boards again
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:15 am

Post by Grimmy »

dejkha wrote:Put what in my sig? What I said or what you said?:

"Grimmy
wouldnt feel right not playing in a game with Dej"
I originally meant the Anyone but Grimmy thing, but how about this...

Grimmy is like a faulty light socket. You should avoid playing with it at all costs.

;)
Show

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:16 am

Post by dejkha »

I kind of had a feeling that Ceph might've fake claimed since if scum did fake claim then people would probably believe it and that would be that. I really wish Phail didn't claim though.

Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:20 am

Post by Grimmy »

madeofphail wrote:To grimmy: I apologize for calling you hypocritical, as I myself was a hypocrite. I do not expect forgiveness, and feel free to tear me a new one and the suchlike. However, I am slightly suspiscious of you for acting in a way that seems rash and panic-like to me.
NO apologies neccesary. I take all things in stride with these games (see my sig request on dej for example.)

My rashness was that I thought I saw a slip up so I ran with it. Ah well. It was worth a try, and was better than any other leads I may have had.

Id have picked cephir, but i didnt see the Andytony case.

but at least I know I would have been targeted for a night kill if we DID go to no lynch.

Grimmy
Show

Rishi wrote:

AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:01 am

Post by AndyTony »

lol

without a counterclaim, I was actually going to keep you alive, Grimmy - - I was going to kill Zach in the night and suggest that Phail and you were scum.

I assumed Phail would protect you in the night (or a lurker*)
madeofphail
madeofphail
Goon
madeofphail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:13 am

Post by madeofphail »

Kublai Khan wrote:madeofphail, I think you're way too hard on yourself. You did a great job. The call to No Lynch was absolutely the right strategy move with an even number of players at LYLO. However, outing yourself as the doctor completely negated it. Still, it's a learning experience.
You are wrong. It is my fault that the scum won this match. I have been an idiot this entire game. Using the analogy before with ther army officer. My blunder has caused the defeat of all my comrades. This is made worse by the fact that we began as outnumbering them 6:1. I am to blame if anyone is, and everyone ripping on me is totally in the right.
As such I am to be stipped of rank, and dishonorably discharged. This is to say, after I finish the current game I am playing, I will no longer be participating in games on mafiascum.net as I will undoubtably screw over whichever faction I am aligned with.

The fact that this was my second game is no excuse, and My first game was a horrible event in which I bled all over the game, and screwed over the town. I have brought great dishonor to myself, and after seeing how much meta can play a part in games, I realize that the meta building against me dictates correctly that I am a horrible player, and a Liability to boot.

I should always be lynched Day one, as I am worse than empking, who at least wasnt trying to back up his incorrect claims with evidence that would mislead the town. I should not play any more games, as this would screw over whichever faction I play on, as Such I will finish the last game I am participating in, and then never play again.

I commend you all on your patience with me, even though I have been illogical, impatiant, rude, biased, cowardly, unhelpful, attention-whoring, hypocritical, and EPECIALLY an Idiot. I had one moment of shining with the no-lynch idea, but I was too much of a gutless idiot to follow through.

I sincerely apologize for my behavior, and while I do expect forgiveness, I am merely using the apology to state that I know that I am wrong, and that I will do something to correct the matter, as explained earlier.
--------------------------------------------
This being said, I don't want to harsh your guys mellow so I'll end on a more positive note:
1). You guys all did a great job.
2). No matter what I say about not trusting people, and how bad of a person I am, I make it a principle to always keep my promises. I didn't say I was vanilla, I promised that I wasn't town.
---------------------------------------------------
And I'll exit with a song that some of you may know:(one of my favorites that I was going to have as my bah post in the event of my mislynching when I was still doing a semi-honorable job).

This was a triumph
I’m making a note here, Huge Success.
It’s hard to always state my satisfaction.
Aperture Science
We do what we must, because, we can
For the good of all of us, except the ones who are dead.
But there’s no sense crying over every mistake you just keep on trying ‘till you run out of cake,
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun for the people who are still alive.

I’m not even angry
I’m being so sincere right now
Even though you broke my heart and killed me
And tore me to pieces,
And threw every piece, into, a fire
As they burned it hurt because I’m so happy for you,
Now these points of data make a beautiful line, and we’re out of beta, we’re releasing on time.
So, I’m glad I got burned, think of all the things we learned, for the people who are still alive.

Go ‘head and leave me,
I think I prefer to sit inside
Maybe you’ll find someone else to help you
Maybe like mesa.
That was a joke, ha-ha, fat chance.
Anyway this cake is great; it’s so delicious and moist
Look at me still talking when there’s science to do
When I look up there it makes me glad I’m not you
I’ve experiments to run; there is research to be done
On the people who are still alive
And believe me I am still alive
I’m doing science and I’m still alive
I feel fantastic and I’m still alive
While you’re dying I’ll be still alive
And when you’re dead I will be still alive
Still alive, still alive.
The name is quite fitting, don't you think?
madeofphail
madeofphail
Goon
madeofphail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:14 am

Post by madeofphail »

EBWOP: Wasn't scum
The name is quite fitting, don't you think?
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:51 pm

Post by dejkha »

madeofphail wrote:You are wrong. It is my fault that the scum won this match. I have been an idiot this entire game. Using the analogy before with ther army officer. My blunder has caused the defeat of all my comrades. This is made worse by the fact that we began as outnumbering them 6:1. I am to blame if anyone is, and everyone ripping on me is totally in the right.
While I agree with this...
madeofphail wrote: As such I am to be stipped of rank, and dishonorably discharged. This is to say, after I finish the current game I am playing, I will no longer be participating in games on mafiascum.net as I will undoubtably screw over whichever faction I am aligned with.
... I don't agree with this. That's being to harsh on yourself. You made mistake that can easily be corrected the next time you play. According to Zach, in your newbie game you claimed doc or cop when you were a vanilla townie (or something like that) which you obviously know to never do again. And now you know not to claim out of the blue with no reason. It's a learning experience. You shouldn't penalize yourself like that by stop playing on this site. This isn't the military, it's just a game.
madeofphail wrote: The fact that this was my second game is no excuse, and My first game was a horrible event in which I bled all over the game, and screwed over the town. I have brought great dishonor to myself, and after seeing how much meta can play a part in games, I realize that the meta building against me dictates correctly that I am a horrible player, and a Liability to boot.
Lol dishonor? Again, it's just a game. You're not a horrible player. Empking and Zwet are horrible players. You're active and make good logical posts. That's all you need to play without being a liability.
madeofphail wrote:I should always be lynched Day one, as I am worse than empking, who at least wasnt trying to back up his incorrect claims with evidence that would mislead the town.
No. Emp, Zwet, Millar, and Grimmy should always be lynched Day 1. But unfortunately that would lose us the game a lot of times.

... "Worse than Empking"... *DOES NOT COMPUTE*

Have you notice that Empking thinks he's always right? He can say Humans are at the bottom of the food chain and will never understand why he's wrong.

I'd play with you over Emp, Zwet, Millar and Grimmy any chance I got. I know that's not saying much, but I don't have a problem with playing with you again.

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:11 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Yeah, you're being way too hard on yourself Phail.

The claim was a mistake, but in the end that's all it was.

If you look through my play, you'll see I made my share too. Backing off of AT on day 2 was one of them.

You just have to do the best you can to learn from them.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Wow, I can't believe how quick and effective that was. But it was a good opportunity and I knew it'd work so I took it. Phail, as newbies go I think you're actually very good. You've just made a few mistakes due to inexperience, don't worry about it. Some well established players are worse. I have to agree with your assessment that I was basically a total dick in this game, and much as I'd like to say I lurked on purpose, I didn't. I hate lurking as a strategy and I'm ashamed that it worked to my advantage here. I usually love scum roles, I don't know why I've been disinterested lately. Need a break or something. Also, we would have done way worse without the townies who lynched themselves, we hardly had to do anything. Good game, everyone.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:58 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Good game scum, I admit I played badly this game and was rightly killed off. I think the turning point was Pablo's kill, I was really impressed with his play. It was a pleasure playing with all of you. I think the set-up does favour scum though, so bad play from just a couple of townies can be pretty detrimental. More thoughts to come.
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:07 pm

Post by dejkha »

...Who are you?

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:23 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Someone was obviously playing as an alt.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”