Wheel of Time Mafia: Rip in the Pattern (GAME OVER)

Tuberkulos
Tuberkulos
Goon
Tuberkulos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:05 pm

Post by Tuberkulos »

I have been busy with some real life issues. I will give this a read through and a post, within 48 hours.
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:19 pm

Post by Isacc »

I have beef with Spyrex's role claim...but I has to go to school and then I has concert later...just wanted to let yall know that I'll be assessing it when I get back.

But, a tiny note; anyone notice that Kinetic didn't give the whole male channeler role post-game because he loved it so much he wanted to reuse it?
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:34 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I'm having a really hard time not policy-lynching SyreX. Can someone give me a good reason not to kill a male channeler before he kills us all?

I mean, I suppose a Vig would be a good reason, but I don't want ANOTHER role claim... Light!
Shadow Knight
Shadow Knight
Goon
Shadow Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:04 am

Post by Shadow Knight »

Ok, my face hurts from the amount of times I've hit it on the desk. To get it straight, this is what happened, right? This is not rhetorical, I want to make sure I got it all.

1. Fabian can detect Saidar (the female half).

2. Spyre can use Sadin (the male half).

3. Someone unknown used Saidar (the female half).

4. Fabian detected it and told us. But also needs to find someone to teach him how to channel so he can develop his abilities.

5. Spyre, misread what Fabian can do and thought Fabian was detecting Spyre's power.

6. Spyre comes forward and claims he used Saidin (the male half) hoping to confirm Fabian. He also admits that his role PM has changed and that he is nucking futs.

So we have a claimed "almost Aes Sedai" healer who can get either more powerful or more abilities if he can find someone to teach him.

We also have a claimed "nutjob Saidin user" who may or may not turn into a SK.

Here is a question for all the people who are familiar with the books- What are the odds of Spyre being/remaining a townie? Did the crazy dudes from the book all turn homicidal or were some Saidin users just standard nutjobs?
Show
House of Mirrors- Dead
Werewolves of MH- Dead
MKM II- Dead
Wheel of Time- Dead
Fantasy- Coney Island

Town/Mafia/SK/Cult/Oth 5/3/1/0/0
Win/Loss/Draw/Abandoned 4/1/0/1
xxFabianxx
xxFabianxx
Goon
xxFabianxx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:23 am

Post by xxFabianxx »

When the Dark Lord was banished/exiled or whatever he cast a huge spell which tainted Saidin, thus all men who used ot went insane and caused the breaking of the world.
I think that's the basics in a nutshell.

Aes Sedai are in the habit of hunting down men who can channel and Gentling them, Gentling being what is done to a man when he is cut off from the power.
Stilling is the same thing, but is when it's done to a woman.
I know you didn't ask that much but what the hell.

I believe that Spyre
thinks
he is town, because to claim what he did otherwise would be suicide.
However, and as Mr. Flay said before me, I don't think I'm happy leaving a male Saidin user who has already himself claimed to be insane.

Vote: Spyre
Indubitable
xxFabianxx
xxFabianxx
Goon
xxFabianxx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:27 am

Post by xxFabianxx »

Read this, in particular Section 4, The Taint on Saidin.
Indubitable
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:00 am

Post by Faraday »

Well them last 2 pages were somewhat painful to read :?
Shadow Knight wrote:Ok, my face hurts from the amount of times I've hit it on the desk. To get it straight, this is what happened, right? This is not rhetorical, I want to make sure I got it all.

1. Fabian can detect Saidar (the female half).

2. Spyre can use Sadin (the male half).

3. Someone unknown used Saidar (the female half).

4. Fabian detected it and told us. But also needs to find someone to teach him how to channel so he can develop his abilities.

5. Spyre, misread what Fabian can do and thought Fabian was detecting Spyre's power.

6. Spyre comes forward and claims he used Saidin (the male half) hoping to confirm Fabian. He also admits that his role PM has changed and that he is nucking futs.

So we have a claimed "almost Aes Sedai" healer who can get either more powerful or more abilities if he can find someone to teach him.

We also have a claimed "nutjob Saidin user" who may or may not turn into a SK.

Here is a question for all the people who are familiar with the books- What are the odds of Spyre being/remaining a townie? Did the crazy dudes from the book all turn homicidal or were some Saidin users just standard nutjobs?
Yeh having read the last few pages, this is basically what comes from it.

Hmm as for Spyrex, he's already used
saidin
and the more you use it, the more likely he is to go insane. I think the odds of him actually remaining sane are fairly slim. I'm not sure if that automatically means he'd become anti-town but it would seem likely.

The fact is male channelers can't help going insane. They've no control over it, and then the chance he could go nutso and start killing random people or something seems possible.

Seeing as he mis-read him coming out is a null tell either way, it also doesn't confirm fabian's abillity, but well meh doesn't make it any less likely either.
Unvote ; Vote Spyrex
, too.

I think he could pose a risk if left alive.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Shadow Knight
Shadow Knight
Goon
Shadow Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:09 am

Post by Shadow Knight »

I don't know if we have to kill him or not though. After reading the wiki and stuff, I thought that Aes Sedai could do something to take away his power. If they can do that, we don't necessarily have to lynch him, right?
Show
House of Mirrors- Dead
Werewolves of MH- Dead
MKM II- Dead
Wheel of Time- Dead
Fantasy- Coney Island

Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:14 am

Post by Faraday »

Shadow Knight wrote:I don't know if we have to kill him or not though. After reading the wiki and stuff, I thought that Aes Sedai could do something to take away his power. If they can do that, we don't necessarily have to lynch him, right?
Hmm I assume you're talking of gentling? Well I guess that could be possible, not sure what this would actually do to him, but it could stop him going insane as he wouldn't be able to channel.

If he's already crazy I don't know if that works though, but on the other hand it makes him harmless.
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:23 am

Post by Moratorium »

Isacc wrote: But, a tiny note; anyone notice that Kinetic didn't give the whole male channeler role post-game because he loved it so much he wanted to reuse it?
Faraday wrote: The fact is male channelers can't help going insane. They've no control over it, and then the chance he could go nutso and start killing random people or something seems possible.
SpyreX wrote: Outed myself for absolutely nothing
Mr. Flay wrote: Can someone give me a good reason not to kill a male channeler before he kills us all?
Fabian wrote: However, and as Mr. Flay said before me, I don't think I'm happy leaving a male Saidin user who has already himself claimed to be insane.
So... In order to clear SpyreX, I have to believe in a double-voting Saidin-using male townie with insanity flavour, in a realm where Saidin-using males are known to actually go insane and bring along something called "The Breaking of the World", in the sequel to a game where this exact role was meant to turn into a Serial Killer, and where the mod expressed a desire to bring the role back?

unvote

Vote: Spyrex
Men's evil manners live in brass; their virtues we write in water.
Shadow Knight
Shadow Knight
Goon
Shadow Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:24 am

Post by Shadow Knight »

Well, as harmless as any other townie. This is all assuming that he hasn't changed alignment yet.
Show
House of Mirrors- Dead
Werewolves of MH- Dead
MKM II- Dead
Wheel of Time- Dead
Fantasy- Coney Island

Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:26 am

Post by Faraday »

Shadow Knight wrote:Well, as harmless as any other townie. This is all assuming that he hasn't changed alignment yet.
Yeh I meant harmless in the sense he's not gonna be able to go nutso and start destroying stuff :P But yes obviously if he's town he could still scumhunt, he already seems to be insane though.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:20 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

SpyreX wrote:I really don't like ABR's play around this whole doctor fiasco - especially the "lynch now so there is no wifom" assuming there isn't isn't a myriad of ways to check it out that dont result in a doctors death VIA lynch ffs.
Please explain more thoroughly why you think ABR's specific behaviors (voting a claimed doctor, lobbying for it, then unvoting and stating belief in the claim) are scum behaviors. What do you think ABR was trying to accomplish?

If you have since changed your mind on the matter, what do you think of the three people that jumped onto the ABR bandwagon with you?
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:49 am

Post by SpyreX »

Well, I'll leave the insanity business aside. Believe it or not I
do
understand the idea of a policy lynch before I go totally wacknuts crazy. I'd just prefer to get a real wagon going and start parsing real information instead of a wagon that scum salivate over.

I guess one other positive is that if I AM the lynch then it does protect other roles from coming out on a lynch wagon which, in turn, does help protect the doctor and give them a chance to find their channeler.

Although, of the votes coming my way:
I dig: Faraday, Shadow Knight, Flay
I'm concerned about: Fabian
I'm bothered by: Sajin, Moratorium
MrBuddyLee wrote:Please explain more thoroughly why you think ABR's specific behaviors (voting a claimed doctor, lobbying for it, then unvoting and stating belief in the claim) are scum behaviors. What do you think ABR was trying to accomplish?

If you have since changed your mind on the matter, what do you think of the three people that jumped onto the ABR bandwagon with you?
You have a very poor claim early on. With a role that has multiple abilities. That came out from a player who for all intents and purposes panicked.

That's a mighty fine scum target. Notice that ABR doesn't focus on how the player is scum, but instead of how lynching him regardless of role is going to be a benefit long-run (eliminating the WIFOM, you've made yourself useless, etc, etc).

And, when it becomes apparent there isn't going to be traction... that vote changes to "I just voted to show how stupid you are."

So, yes, I like my vote(s) as they sit now.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:56 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

SpyreX wrote: And, when it becomes apparent there isn't going to be traction... that vote changes to "I just voted to show how stupid you are."
What kind of bullshit is this? I was going to defend keeping you around for a few more days until you posted this garbage.

Unvote, vote Spyrex
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:57 am

By using his abilities this early in the game, Spyrex fully intends to turn into a SK and kill us all. Lynch him.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:20 am

Post by SpyreX »

If I am the insane one, why is it that it appears that only I can hold memories of the past in my twisted visage?
ABR's post before these two wrote:
My vote is to add emphasis on the stupidity of the claim
. After some thought and after I got to see a reaction to my vote, I unvoted because I don't want to lynch a claimed doctor day 1.
By using his abilities this early in the game, Spyrex fully intends to turn into a SK and kill us all. Lynch him.
Really? Really?

Ok, lets assume I thought this role was definitively going to turn me into an SK. Lets also assume its due to my using it which expedites this process.

What, as an SK, is going to give me more of an edge?

1.) Using my power multiple times day 1 until I am actually an SK and get whatever shiny SK powers I might have (which, as will be seen, I can do).
2.) Telling the town my role day 1 and...hoping? That I am never, ever lynched or NK'd considering how my role will and can be pushed by scum and town alike. I mean, really.

I'm -hoping- that the majority of the votes on me at least are under the impression that, through no active efforts on my own part, I'd become an SK and thus need to be eliminated.

Not that I'm actively going to pursue a goal by doing a set of events that make it neigh impossible. That's just silly.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Shadow Knight
Shadow Knight
Goon
Shadow Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:24 am

Post by Shadow Knight »

I don't like ABR's posting. We don't *know* he's going to do anything. He would have gained a lot more by letting a townie die, than by trying to confirm him. That, at least leads me to believe he's a townie at this time. So, if ABR wants to lynch a townie, I don't think he is one himself.

unvote, vote Albert B Rampage
Show
House of Mirrors- Dead
Werewolves of MH- Dead
MKM II- Dead
Wheel of Time- Dead
Fantasy- Coney Island

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:26 am

Who cares if he's a townie now and a SK later. He messed up out of his own clumsiness and now we know he's a latent SK and we should lynch him.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:29 am

Post by SpyreX »

Yes, I messed up. Lets assume I didn't though - that Fabian detected Man-Power and I used mine to check him out and confirmed it.

Still, what gain does that give me as an SK or hell even scum?
Show

Proud member of BaM
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:31 am

You were probably too clumsy to realize that he only detects Seidin powers, and tried to look pro-town.
Shadow Knight
Shadow Knight
Goon
Shadow Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:33 am

Post by Shadow Knight »

The whole point is that he gains more by keeping his mouth shut, not speaking up.
Show
House of Mirrors- Dead
Werewolves of MH- Dead
MKM II- Dead
Wheel of Time- Dead
Fantasy- Coney Island

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:33 am

Post by SpyreX »

And if that were the case why would I directly clarify that I use the man-half AND say I am insane?

Why, this early, would I put myself in the spotlight at ALL to look pro-town in trying to divine if an outed role was telling the truth considering that'd be putting a target on my own head for scum even if I succeeded?
Show

Proud member of BaM
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:38 am

SpyreX wrote:And if that were the case why would I directly clarify that I use the man-half AND say I am insane?

Why, this early, would I put myself in the spotlight at ALL to look pro-town in trying to divine if an outed role was telling the truth considering that'd be putting a target on my own head for scum even if I succeeded?
Because you're just effing dumb, that's why. People act without thinking, and then try to backwards rationalize themselves into a logical perspective when the simple reality is that they acted without thinking and got themselves tied up in a mess. Doctor claiming at L-10, gimme a break. Latent SK claiming, and then backwards rationalizing "but why would I do that??? Why???" I don't know why, you're just freaking dumb to have done that and now a good (not best) course of action would be to kill you.

The only reason I didn't want to kill you at first was because it might not activate on day 2, maybe day 3. But right now you just proved to everyone how little you think about this game, and how unpredictable your clueless actions are, and that's why your complete lack of critical thinking justifies just lynching you right now.
Shadow Knight
Shadow Knight
Goon
Shadow Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:44 am

Post by Shadow Knight »

I don't agree. A live townie is a townie we need. I don't know how this theme is going to work with cops and such, but we can always check him later. Did insane people automatically become darkfriends?
Show
House of Mirrors- Dead
Werewolves of MH- Dead
MKM II- Dead
Wheel of Time- Dead
Fantasy- Coney Island

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”