Wheel of Time Mafia: Rip in the Pattern (GAME OVER)

Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:06 am

Post by Seraphim »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:Since Fabian is *supposedly* specifically told he/she is a stiller alone, does this mean we may actually not have that option for Aes Sedai in this game?
Where the hell did Fabian say that?
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:09 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

In his role claim, he mentioned that an Aes Sedai could train him, and that he could learn to still people, IIRC.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:11 am

Post by Seraphim »

Alright, Spyre, I don't think we need to lynch you if you stop using the One Power. Clearly, you've already gone insane but that doesn't mean you're an SK yet. If it's a time thing like in the books, you clearly won't become completely mad until later. If it's how often you use the power...well, that's bad.

However, I still think that we should allow whatever to play out. Scum got an easy D1 lynch while still looking town back in the old game. I say we lynch scum today and see what happens in the morning.
Shadow Knight
Shadow Knight
Goon
Shadow Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:16 am

Post by Shadow Knight »

^Agreed
Show
House of Mirrors- Dead
Werewolves of MH- Dead
MKM II- Dead
Wheel of Time- Dead
Fantasy- Coney Island

Town/Mafia/SK/Cult/Oth 5/3/1/0/0
Win/Loss/Draw/Abandoned 4/1/0/1
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:17 am

Post by SpyreX »

Yeah, ninja'd but SpyreX, I'm not saying "I believe you/I don't believe you" at all, I'm saying I believe you're going to go insane, and I think your "use power X times then go crazy" thing you've talked about is also true, because it deviates slightly from the theme whilst still being coherent enough to make sense as both thematic and a game mechanic.
If you believe this then it makes no sense to vote for me because inherent in this is the fact that I would define my own alignment.

As we have determined, it makes no, no sense for me to after outing myself utilize an alignment change from "can win" to "no way in hell going to win"

So, in short form:

1.) I can not live to lylo. No way in hell.
2.) I am, by nature, a threat
only if I decide
to be.
--- After outing myself this is tantamount to losing.
3.) Looking for scum at -this- juncture versus giving scum a lynch they can jump on without many issues is going to set a better tone.
--- I'd push mos def for ABR.

However, with the "sky is falling" mentality I totally expect to be lynched today. I will flip town. Heed this.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:20 am

Post by Isacc »

FREEZE! EVERYONE STOP!

I am taking this over, and yall will listen to me, if you know what's good for you.

Stop the Spyrex wagon. This wagon on Spyrex is many things, but most importantly it is foolish, premature, and lacks foresight.

Spyrex is town right now, that much is obvious, or else he would not have been stupid enough to claim VanDamien's role from the mini.

We know a lot about his role from the last game, and as he is still townie now, it must be
used
not foolishly thrown away.

Spyrex, I make you this offer. From now on, you will tell the town any new abilities you receive, any indications that you have become more insane, and tell us exactly what you abilities you are using.

You will also work with us in order to prove your honesty and your towniness, up until the point when you become an SK, and then we can gentle you.

It would be foolish to lynch Spyrex now. Trust the players from the mini when we say that at this point we are really just making a mislynch. As long as he is cooperative, his abilities can be used in a pro-town manner, and we will be able to treat him as another power role (even better, if he plays pro-town enough, scum may have to waste a kill on him rather than us wasting a lynch).

Not to mention, generally SKs should be vigged rather than lynched anyways, as a mafia lynch is preferable to an SK. Why not let him live at least 1 night, and then see how cooperative and helpful he can be afterwards? If we have a vig, we can always vig if he becomes anti-town, or we can try to gentle. Either way, it is downright foolish to lynch him now.

Summary: Let Spyrex live. It's safe to assume that he's effectively a town power role for now, which is NOT who we should be lynching D1. We need to lynch mafia, enough said.

Note: this post contained no general commentary of the posts today, as I am limited on time tonight. I will post more anal-ysis tomorrow!
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:23 am

Except in the mini he would have become un-NKable, correct? What do we do if we reach end-game, SpyreX suddenly goes fully whacko, and we're unable to deal with him? We lose to an SK we could nip in the bud a lot earlier.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:34 am

Post by Seraphim »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:Except in the mini he would have become un-NKable, correct? What do we do if we reach end-game, SpyreX suddenly goes fully whacko, and we're unable to deal with him? We lose to an SK we could nip in the bud a lot earlier.
Right now, it's a waste of a lynch. Especially Albert B Scum is standing right in front of us.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:36 am

I will
unvote
for now, but I'm still not decided. I can't help but wonder if leaving SpyreX now is going to hurt us tomorrow...
I dunno. Why is Albert scum again?
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:36 am

Post by Seraphim »

Seraphim wrote:
Knight of Cydonia wrote:Since Fabian is *supposedly* specifically told he/she is a stiller alone, does this mean we may actually not have that option for Aes Sedai in this game?
Where the hell did Fabian say that?
Can you answer this question first? Because if Fabian said this, I will be voting him instead.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:44 am

Post by Faraday »

xxFabianxx wrote:Yep, flavor.

Semia Chesmady, the town wisdom.
I have the active ability to heal a person, I'm a doctor.
I have the passive ability to detect when someone else weaves the power, but I can not tell alignment.

I have never been tutored in how to channel the power, so I can unlock abilities later if I find a certain Aes Sedai to train me.
I can unlock the ability to still someone with the help of other Aes Sedai, but I can't do it yet.
@ Sera. I assume this is KOC's post. He does elaborate and answer some questions later so nothing is specifically mentioned.

Personally I'm reasonably sure of Fabian's innocence at this point tho'.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:45 am

Post by Faraday »

This is Koc's post should be : The post KOC was talking about.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:49 am

Post by Slicey »

Mod: please note my sig. If you feel this is a problem, feel free to replace me.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:12 am

Post by SpyreX »

@Issac:

Right idea, wrong execution.

I am town. I will be scumhunting. However, I am not stupid enough to bank on going crazy AND then getting gentled.

Keep me alive, I'm vanilla. I'm not using my power. I'm not going to risk a scenario where I end up dead as an SK and lose.

As for honesty: that goes without saying. I get gentled, yea I'll say. I start spawning new powers, sure I will. However, I am still a voice and not a tool of some democracy.

As for KoC, look at what I said about ABR. His reactions to both Fabian and myself ooze scum-motivation.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:37 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

I'm not really seeing adequate justification for the SpyreX lynch at this time. It is true that those who channel Saidin can be considered a threat and should be monitored carefully, but if he can control his powers, it's possible he could be useful to the town. I suggest this instead: We let him live and assist us, and if at any point he ceases to be useful to the town, we instruct the Saidar channelers to gentle him, which I'd assume can be done without having to reveal who those channelers are.
Permanent V/LA.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:45 am

Post by SpyreX »

Although your assessment is fine, the fact you said nothing, nothing at all that hadn't already been said is worrisome.

Not as much as ABR though.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:45 am

Post by Kairyuu »

This game is moving
fast
!

After a quick skim of the last couple pages to avoid falling
too
far behind, I noticed Isacc's plan. I like it. Mostly because after the Mini that's what I told him would have been a better idea for use with VanDamien, whose role this sounds exactly like (as scum, I obviously preferred an easy mislynch to a good idea in the Mini). So yeah, I agree with myself, and Isacc, and MoS.

unvote

I doubt my vote is valid anymore, since it's been 10+ pages since I made it.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by Faraday »

I will have L/a for the next 3 weeks due to exams and whatnot, what a bitch! :(

I'll make sure to avoid needing a replacement though, and be active enough to contribute.

Anyway I intend to re-read tomorrow. I'm not entirely convinced in the Spyrex lynch, as his play seems reasonably pro-town, but the claim does make me worry.

Anyway tomorrow and all that. :)
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:07 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

I was actually going to post something like what Isacc said above, with one major difference. I agree that Spyrex should not be today's lynch, but I think that he should be gentled
tonight
, not at some indeterminate point in the future. I believe that right now he is town and that it is likely that he will remain town tomorrow. So, my plan would be to gentle him tonight, and strongly considering lynching him tomorrow if he admits that he was not gentled. (He
has
to die sometime this game, that's clear. Therefore it is in his best interests to die with a town win condition. This is why he will tell the truth tomorrow.) I would worry about what potential havoc he could cause when he does go rogue. I doubt that he will have warning as to when he will go rogue, so finding the right time to gentle will be a balancing act if we don't do it immediately. However, if we do gentle immediately, we pretty much have a semi-confirmed vanilla townie, which is worthwhile though not as much a power role, depending on the powers. Discuss the merits of this plan vs Isacc's.

As for location claiming, I don't think we should do it before twilight. However, I think that every day, we should be claiming where we chose to sleep the previous twilight, I'm thinking in popcorn fashion (though that might be excessive). I don't know what we might find this way, but it seems more useful to potentially catch liars this way than to just provide the information of where we're going to sleep beforehand.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:23 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

SpyreX wrote:Although your assessment is fine, the fact you said nothing, nothing at all that hadn't already been said is worrisome.

Not as much as ABR though.
Are you talking to me? o.O
Permanent V/LA.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:50 pm

Post by Sajin »

Well if the insane man stays sane and helps I guess it is ok. However, I do worry about the future. Extra kills means less lynches/investigations/days, and these kills are more likely to be town then scum based on sheer numbers. What/who gentles?

Who knows what the SK gets later, would we be able to stop him? What happens if his alignment changes?

I don't think he could be a town power role for us. Perhaps a vanilla townie. Which is better for us then a used lynch and out a (possible)townie.
unvote
[/red]
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:24 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Isacc wrote:You will also work with us in order to prove your honesty and your towniness, up until the point when you become an SK, and then we can gentle you.
I would agree with everything up to this bit - would gentling an insane man make him a townie? Judging by the books, I'm not sure. Best to gentle him before he becomes an SK, though I'm not sure how much time we have. I would say that to be on the safe side, he can only channel twice before we gentle him.
Sajin wrote:Well if the insane man stays sane and helps I guess it is ok. However, I do worry about the future. Extra kills means less lynches/investigations/days, and these kills are more likely to be town then scum based on sheer numbers. What/who gentles?
I'm sorry, what extra kills?
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:28 pm

Post by Sajin »

Sk=generates extra kills. If he gets that far unchecked.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:51 pm

Post by fuzzylightning »

Vote: ABR

Ok so he has said that he is a male channeler and that he will most likely go insane and we *speculate* that his insanity will lead to him becoming an SK, but currenlty we are being led to believe that he is a pro-town male channeler, who can be stopped by any AS that might be in the game. Why are we trying so hard to lynch him when there is another plausible possibility? Why don't we let him live for the night, and if there are any more kills than we think there should be in on night,, then we re-visit the idea tomorrow? How about searching for the other scum that are in this game, because lynching Spyrex right now, in my opinion doesn't give us much information to go on, other than ABR is playing brashly.

@Shadow: The insanity just caused them to lash out with Saidin, iirc from the books, and they didn't really become darkfriends, so I don't believe his win condition would be win with the scum, more like its his own condition, but I believe that he can be taken care of at a later point.

However, I say all of that with one request, SpyreX, please stop using saidin now, if you want to remain a townie then there is no need to use it, If he does continue to use it though, I am all for his lynch, but right now ABR really concerns me with what his play. First the stereotyping of Fabian and now pushing for the lynch of something that the town can control for now.

This post was written after page 11, so if it repeats anything, then they must be good ideas, haha, but yea, SpyreX is not the lynch for the day, its one less person that the scum have to worry about regardless of his current alignment, and we dont' want to give them any help at all.
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Shadow Knight wrote:I haven't read the mini. Can someone answer whether all insane people became darkfriends?
No, not all male channelers are darkfriends. But ALL insane people are dangerous. There's no reason to think that Kinetic kept the male channeler role PM secret in the mini for his own personal amusement.

I actually like SpyreX for a Jester at this point. It's the only thing that makes sense with the pointless claim, and I'm willing to grant him peace.
Unvote, Vote: SpyreX

Shadow Knight wrote:I don't think he is scum at this point in time. Should that change, I'll gladly vote him.
How do you propose to determine when he turns SK?!? Sajin already explained why extra kills is a red herring. Do you propose to check him every night? What if he gains investigation immunity? What, exactly, is your 'plan' here regarding SpyreX?!?
Mastermind of Sin wrote:It is true that those who channel Saidin can be considered a threat and should be monitored carefully, but if he can control his powers, it's possible he could be useful to the town. I suggest this instead: We let him live and assist us, and if at any point he ceases to be useful to the town, we instruct the Saidar channelers to gentle him, which I'd assume can be done without having to reveal who those channelers are.
fuzzylightning wrote:However, I say all of that with one request, SpyreX, please stop using saidin now, if you want to remain a townie then there is no need to use it, If he does continue to use it though, I am all for his lynch, but right now ABR really concerns me with what his play.
Again, HOW DO WE MONITOR HIM?!?
Seraphim wrote:I say we lynch scum today and see what happens in the morning.
That's a much more cunning plan - now, who is scum, Sera?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”