Wheel of Time Mafia: Rip in the Pattern (GAME OVER)

Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 4:20 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

I.... was trying to think what sort of role could play for either the Light or the Shadow. All I could come up with that matched the claim, but Gholam was the only thing coming to mind (and that was a real stretch, for the Light-side). Ta'veren makes sense, but I'm not sure what you mean by "repercussions". Do you think his ability will still block everyone today? Or...I actually don't have any idea what you mean. I literally can't figure out how the game could be balanced with a role of that strength able to play on either side, unless he got to decide and then other roles were added/removed as necessary.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Windmill. SpyreX, are you still crazy?
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Sorry, that was to ABR. I got Sarnath'd by Moratorium.

Mufasa, PLEASE pay attention to what game you're in.
Retired as of October 2014.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 4:23 pm

Post by Mufasa »

Mr. Flay wrote:Sorry, that was to ABR. I got Sarnath'd by Moratorium.

Mufasa, PLEASE pay attention to what game you're in.
Will do
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 4:29 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

What's Sarnath'd?

Also, can somebody explain who Ta'veren was in the books?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 4:31 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Blacksmith.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 4:36 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Ta'veren's not a who, it's a what. It's the characters who can bend chance and opportunity to their will (or depending on how you look at it, get bent to the Wheel's purpose for them). Rand, Mat, and Perrin are modern ta'veren. Artur Hawkwing was one. I don't know how that gels with making people miss choices, but it's sort of a "if there's any miniscule chance this can happen, it will if it suits the Wheel". So it can't make a Forsaken flip allegiances, but it can make him reveal something secret, or an angry lord pledge allegiance to you.
Retired as of October 2014.
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 4:40 pm

Post by fuzzylightning »

I was at the River
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 4:41 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Sorry, I'm thinking out loud here.
MacavityLock wrote:Windmill. SpyreX, are you still crazy?
What sort of answer are you expecting here?

Interesting that Vote Counts didn't reset with the new Day.

Fabian appears to have been a female Forsaken. Do any of our ALREADY CLAIMED Aes Sedai have anything additional that that explains for them about yesterday's uses of Saidar?
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 4:43 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Mr. Flay wrote:Sorry, I'm thinking out loud here.
MacavityLock wrote:Windmill. SpyreX, are you still crazy?
What sort of answer are you expecting here?
Yesterday, he talked about receiving the PM about vegetables and how that was part of his win condition. I'd like to know if a) he received something else like that and b) if his win condition stabilized.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 4:50 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Very bust here right now, will update the first page later tonight.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by fuzzylightning »

Mr. Flay wrote: Interesting that Vote Counts didn't reset with the new Day.
What do you mean
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 4:54 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Albert's behavior surrounding Fabian's claim was pretty squirrelly. He sounded genuinely pissed off that Fabian had claimed without consulting his scumgroup.
ABR wrote:That's the most ridiculous claim I've ever heard, beating the preposterous Michael claim of q21 in War in Heaven mafia.

The quick successive timing of the post might indicate that Fabian didn't consult with his scumgroup before this incredibly stupid claim that will get him lynched rightfully.

You claimed doctor. Do you have any idea how stupid that is?

You screwed yourself dude. Not voting you now would just lead to a chain of wifom if you survive in subsequent days.
An awful lot of emotion, comes across more like the partner of the claimant than a neutral observer.

And then Albert protected Fabian all day until it was obvious he was going to be the lynch. Then ABR hopped on the wagon.

I also note that all three dead townies strongly suspected ABR. Many coincidences that add up to a picture that is not pretty.

unvote Sajin, FOS: ABR
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 4:55 pm

Mr. Flay wrote: Interesting that Vote Counts didn't reset with the new Day.
Did you just get caught in a lie?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 5:02 pm

MrBuddyLee wrote:Albert's behavior surrounding Fabian's claim was pretty squirrelly. He sounded genuinely pissed off that Fabian had claimed without consulting his scumgroup.
ABR wrote:That's the most ridiculous claim I've ever heard, beating the preposterous Michael claim of q21 in War in Heaven mafia.

The quick successive timing of the post might indicate that Fabian didn't consult with his scumgroup before this incredibly stupid claim that will get him lynched rightfully.

You claimed doctor. Do you have any idea how stupid that is?

You screwed yourself dude. Not voting you now would just lead to a chain of wifom if you survive in subsequent days.
An awful lot of emotion, comes across more like the partner of the claimant than a neutral observer.

And then Albert protected Fabian all day until it was obvious he was going to be the lynch. Then ABR hopped on the wagon.

I also note that all three dead townies strongly suspected ABR. Many coincidences that add up to a picture that is not pretty.

unvote Sajin, FOS: ABR
Terribad logic.

I'm pretty sure both KoC and shadow knight would have backed me up as town. hasdgfas never said I was scummy.

Fabian's claim didn't make sense to me because his "detect" ability didn't match mine. Besides that, his claim sounded made up. I didn't protect him, either. I didn't want to push his lynch because he might have been the doctor and I'm not familiar with the flavor of the game.

Besides that, I would just have been pissed at him in the QT if I was his partner.......not out in the open. And of course its important for me that there's a doctor alive since I'm the most logical choice for a doc protect.

FOS MBL
back because I find it foolhardy to try to lynch a power role like me.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 5:04 pm

And yeah, MBL, if I were scum with Fabian, I would CERTAINLY post this immediately after his claim:

" The quick successive timing of the post might indicate that Fabian didn't consult with his scumgroup before this incredibly stupid claim that will get him lynched rightfully. "

LOL. Your theory fails on so many levels.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 5:19 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

So you're resorting to pure WIFOM as your primary defense. And then calling me FAIL for my logic?

Your secondary defense is that two players who voted you yesterday would have backed you up as town today if they weren't dead. Why do you think they would have backed you?

Your third defense is that you changed your mind about Fabian because your initial emotion regarding his claim was overcome by your desire not to kill a doctor who could have protected you, is that correct?

Your posts following Fabian's claim sound more pissed than anything. I suggest everyone read them in context, pronto.

Also, Albert, why'd you vote Fabian at the end of the day?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 5:25 pm

Vote MBL

YOUR VERY SUSPICIONS ARE BASED ON WIFOM. To call me scummy because 3 of the people that are dead supposedly strongly suspected me, which is a complete lie btw, is wifom.

Fabian being scum doesn't make me any more town or scum.....your whole attack is WIFOM. And it irks me because you shouldn't be attacking me.

I AM ZEE POWER ROLEZ.

Grr....

Go find someone else to suspect please, I don't even want to deal with this preposterous issue anymore...
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 5:29 pm

Post by armlx »

Yawn. Sounds more like angry ABR town then stupid ABR scum to me. Ignore, proceed, continue, repeat as necessary.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 5:29 pm

brwaaaaaggh

I'm in a bad mood because my AS partner doesn't want to share results first. That, and finals stressing me out.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 5:34 pm

MrBuddyLee wrote:Also, Albert, why'd you vote Fabian at the end of the day?
# (13) xxFabianxx - Mastermind of Sin, Shadow Knight, SpyreX, Knight of Cydonia, Benmage, Kison, Sajin, Moratorium, Kairyuu, fuzzylightning, Seraphim, armlx, Faraday

WHERE????
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 5:46 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Albert, if your primary reason for suspecting Fabian was because his powers didn't jive with yours, why didn't you prod him
at all
about his powers to see if his claim was legit? Instead, you ignored him entirely and demonstrated zero curiosity. My hunch is that you got details about his "doctor role" from him in the QT thread you keep bringing up. The two of you were both on at the time of his claim, it appeared as if your post directed him to the QT thread, and then after you settled on a "drunk defense" for him, you unvoted. Your rollercoaster of emotion there sure appears to be due to something behind the scenes, not in the thread like you attempted to portray with your repeated "drunken Irish" jokes.

How many votes did you have on you when you claimed Aes Sedai, Albert? Because I distinctly recall this:
ABR wrote:Doctor claiming at L-10, gimme a break.
Why did you claim essentially unprovoked? Looks like the desperate gambit of a man whose partner just flushed themselves.

Also, when you unvoted Fabian, you were oddly defensive:
ABR wrote:Please explain to me how scum get an advantage by voting and unvoting him before anyone even has an opinion about it.
What a weird way for town to word something...
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 5:46 pm

Post by SpyreX »

All I was told is that I was gentled. I do not KNOW if I am still crazy. I haven't received any new awesome PM's eluding to me being crazy though.

Now that I'm plain old nilla and my KoC theory has been debunked by his fantabulous death.

FoS: Buddylee
Vote: Issac

Yea forsaken counts as enough of a power role for me.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 5:48 pm

MrBuddyLee wrote:Albert, if your primary reason for suspecting Fabian was because his powers didn't jive with yours, why didn't you prod him
at all
about his powers to see if his claim was legit?
Its clear and cut. He either lied or had an ability different from mine. There's nothing more to be gleaned.

The rest of your post is just BLABLABLA. Vote stands.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 5:53 pm

MrBuddyLee wrote:Why did you claim essentially unprovoked? Looks like the desperate gambit of a man whose partner just flushed themselves.
But this bit is interesting. I claimed, because I f***ing hate getting attacked, and put in the spotlight, when I'm stressed. I rather just nip it in the bud. Just like I said.

I am sooo congruent, so obviously straight up and obviously transparent, that its hard to believe anyone would attack me because they think I'm the scum.

I claimed because I don't want to deal with people. Just like how I hate dealing with you now. What I want is a chill pill and for people to leave me the hell to my devices until a break in the clouds where I can think logically again.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”