Wheel of Time Mafia: Rip in the Pattern (GAME OVER)

julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 11:41 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

I'm really sorry that I haven't been here. Been ultra busy with university stuff lately. I'll catch up tomorrow night or the day after.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 6:58 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

MrBuddyLee wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote:And it's no lie to say that I wasn't SK's partner-mason, so while he was giving off 'Aes Sedai tells' it wasn't like I literally thought he was one.
Are you concerned that scum can eliminate possibilities for Aes Sedai now or in the future when you make statements like these?
Basically yes, I don't want to give any more ammunition than necessary. Whether or not I'm Aes Sedai, it doesn't harm me to make sure I'm not

Unvote: Benmage
- you're right, I apologize for missing your statement there.

I'm not feeling the Isaccwagon. Unfortunately I don't have a strong alternate candidate right now - Slicey appears to be stalling though so I'll put a second vote there.
Vote: Slicey
- all of our lurkers need to step up more.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 7:28 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Why did Flay claim out of the blue?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 9:37 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Mr. Flay wrote:It's no lie to say that I was already frustrated with the roleclaims at that point in the game.
Actually, no; as of your post 57, when you initially outed SK as a Aes Sedi, no one had claimed at all. SO your post clearly wasn't because you were "frustrated with roleclaims".
And it's no lie to say that I wasn't SK's partner-mason, so while he was giving off 'Aes Sedai tells' it wasn't like I literally thought he was one.
Why not? He did look like an Aes Sedai, based on how he was talking about this. You even explained this yourself:
Mr. Flay wrote: To more directly answer your question, I think Shadow Knight is making the huge assumption that Aes Sedai would be our ONLY power role. The easy assumption from that is that he has or knows specifically about that role, and thus is tunneled on it.
You had very good reasons for thinking Shadow Knight was an Aes Sedi, and you were right about them. What I don't at all get is why you felt the need to bring it up on page 3, right after the start of day 1. At the very least it seems anti-town to me to out a pro-town role the way you did there.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 11:23 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Why did Flay claim out of the blue?
Where did Flay claim?

I'm feeling Yos2's most recent posts, they echo some of the problems I'm starting to have with Mr. Flay's play.

FoS: Mr. Flay
Permanent V/LA.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 11:40 am

Post by Benmage »

Flay didnt claim, he made an open-ended statement about AS.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 12:24 pm

Post by armlx »

The Flay scenario is interesting. If he was scum, odds are he could just tell his partners as there's presumably "day" talk given this is Deep South. Its also possible he's some traitor role (Black Ajah maybe?) not in on a day talk, so....

Its still worth looking into, and Flay was one of the people who I was reasonably suspect of.

Vote Flay
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 1:31 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

vote: Mr. Flay
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 3:58 pm

Post by armlx »

I endorse the above post.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 4:26 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Flay-votes are for what exactly? I'm not seeing any reason that Flay is more important than Slicey. In fact, Slicey needs more votes. You guys should be voting Slicey, as, you know, he's scum and needs to die.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 4:45 pm

Post by Moratorium »

Wow.. Slicey huh...

So you've got Flay on one side talking about Jesters and "It's no lie to say"'s that seem pretty much like lies and whatnot... generating a good bit of attention.

...vs. Slicey, who.. what, is barely here and says he's read to page 10 so far?

That's... such a strange comparison. And seems like you are trying to present a distraction.

FoS: Kairyuu

Want to see Flay's responses to Yos before joining any wagons at this point.
Men's evil manners live in brass; their virtues we write in water.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 4:49 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Moratorium wrote:Wow.. Slicey huh...

So you've got Flay on one side talking about Jesters and "It's no lie to say"'s that seem pretty much like lies and whatnot... generating a good bit of attention.

...vs. Slicey, who.. what, is barely here and says he's read to page 10 so far?

That's... such a strange comparison. And seems like you are trying to present a distraction.

FoS: Kairyuu

Want to see Flay's responses to Yos before joining any wagons at this point.
Weeeak. I see nothing overly concerning about Mr. Flay, and I have been after Slicey since I declared intent during Twilight. Hence, my attack is consistant, and I was merely commenting on the recent development as not as important as lynching Slicey, who has acted a good deal scummier than Mr. Flay.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 5:57 pm

armlx wrote:The Flay scenario is interesting. If he was scum, odds are he could just tell his partners as there's presumably "day" talk given this is Deep South. Its also possible he's some traitor role (Black Ajah maybe?) not in on a day talk, so....

Its still worth looking into, and Flay was one of the people who I was reasonably suspect of.

Vote Flay
I also like Flay as some sort of SK role, since that would explain the proposed lack of "day" talk.
Permanent V/LA.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 6:22 pm

Post by armlx »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
armlx wrote:The Flay scenario is interesting. If he was scum, odds are he could just tell his partners as there's presumably "day" talk given this is Deep South. Its also possible he's some traitor role (Black Ajah maybe?) not in on a day talk, so....

Vote Flay
I also like Flay as some sort of SK role, since that would explain the proposed lack of "day" talk.
Good call. I like the way you think.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 6:36 pm

Post by Sajin »

I am going to go ahead and FOS all the non location claimers (unofficially cause its multiples).

Since you posted alot without mentioning it, official
fos: Mastermind of Sin
Where did you sleep last night? I think your dodging this answer. If you do not wish to answer this, why?
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 8:36 pm

The people who hadn't claimed since the last claim list was counted:

Seraphim - Silo
julienvonwolfe - AFK, promised reread in the next few days
Benmage - River
Tenchi - Asked for replacement
Slicey - V/LA, slowly rereading
Mastermind of Sin - Silo
Tuberkulos - replaced in, slowly rereading
Myndrunner - no post since April 29, needs replacement if he doesn't respond soon, since his reasons for being AFK was school and that should be over soon

So we're still waiting on 5 people.
Permanent V/LA.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 2:26 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I've got limited access today and tomorrow so I can't respond to the attacks above right now, but they're frankly laughable. I'm an SK because of *what* "daytalk" factor? I've joined the ranks of the roleclaimers? I see MBL is still being his helpful self.

I may have been wrong about Shadow Knight, but my point then, as later, was to STOP THE ROLE FISHING. If it hadn't even gotten to the point of the massclaims yet, so much the better, but this isn't exactly a new behavior for me. I don't understand this wagon, but I'll be back later today if I can (and if it'll stop raining so I can get to the library).
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 2:27 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Christ, MoS, pay attention. Yosarian2 replaced Tenchi, and already said where he slept.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 4:44 am

Post by SpyreX »

I am absolutely confused at what "slip" Flay made that caused these mystical votes. Especially Buddy's, who I would not be opposed to seeing lynched one bit. Issac still wins the race currently though.

I'm also disconcerted by Kairuu's obsession with Slicey.

I, however, am not surprised in the least that no one else has claimed the stables.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 5:52 am

Post by Slicey »

Sorry, still here, my V/LA is longer than expected. I haven't made much progress, but it seems like we're claiming sleeping locations. I slept at the River.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 6:14 am

Post by Moratorium »

Kairyuu wrote: @all: I do not like the looks of Slicey right now. As soon as he is challenged, he backpedals immensely.
Kairyuu wrote: vote: Slicey

Reasons somewhere in the last page or two.
Kairyuu wrote: @all: We need more pressure on Slicey-scum. Preferably just the right amount of pressure to see him swing.
Kairyuu wrote: In fact, Slicey needs more votes. You guys should be voting Slicey, as, you know, he's scum and needs to die.
Kairyuu wrote: and I have been after Slicey since I declared intent during Twilight.
Hence, my attack is consistant
This is everything I found, the entirety of your "attack" on Slicey, one mention of backpedaling and a bunch of appeals to join you, which is akin to you standing off to the side of the gallows, jumping up and down, waving your arms frantically and shouting "HEY GUYS LOOK OVER HEEEERE"...

But hey, at least your "attack is consistant", nothing to see here right... you keep taking shots at the V/LA's, good sir.
Men's evil manners live in brass; their virtues we write in water.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 7:14 am

Post by Kairyuu »

@SpyreX:
I'm also disconcerted by Kairuu's obsession with Slicey.
Wheeee! I have found a suspect. I am now trying to get him lynched. This is what I do. Unless he can prove to me that I shouldn't be voting him, I will continue to push for his lynch.

@Moratorium:
This is everything I found, the entirety of your "attack" on Slicey, one mention of backpedaling and a bunch of appeals to join you, which is akin to you standing off to the side of the gallows, jumping up and down, waving your arms frantically and shouting "HEY GUYS LOOK OVER HEEEERE"...
Is there something wrong with that? See my response to SpyreX.
But hey, at least your "attack is consistant", nothing to see here right... you keep taking shots at the V/LA's, good sir.
I have attacked 3 people. Shadow Knight for some vague thing on like page 4, which I dropped in my next post, Fabian, who flipped scum, and now Slicey. One person at a time, and only ONE of those was someone claiming V/LA. Take a look at what I'm attacking him for also. As soon as he encounters any sort of resistance to his suspicion, he plays it off as being a minor thing he just wanted to point out, and backs off completely. This is scummy as hell.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 8:46 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Kairyuu wrote:I have found a suspect. I am now trying to get him lynched. This is what I do. Unless he can prove to me that I shouldn't be voting him, I will continue to push for his lynch.
Until this last post, though, you haven't really made much of a case on him. I don't like Slicey's behavior any more than you do, but just saying "row row row lynch!" isn't pushing for a lynch in any more than the most rudimentary way.

I'm not sure it's really scummy of you because it may just be your style (a poor man's Xylithxm/IS), but it's not terribly helpful.
Retired as of October 2014.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 8:48 am

Flay why did you claim?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 8:51 am

Mr. Flay wrote:It's no lie to say that I was already frustrated with the roleclaims at that point in the game. And it's no lie to say that I wasn't SK's partner-mason, so while he was giving off 'Aes Sedai tells' it wasn't like I literally thought he was one.
I don't understand this ^^^

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”