Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 1:40 pm

Post by populartajo »

AceMarksman wrote:
FoS: riceballtail
Actual contributions please (like responding to the post directly previous to yours).
and this.
Rice, you train in the same dojo with zwet?

Mod edit
Visible Votecount

-zwetschenwasser (5): AceMarksman, caf19, Moratorium, Gorrad, populartajo
-populartajo (2): zwetschenwasser, ortolan
-Moratorium (1): Empking

Not voting (10): killa seven, Kast, ZEEnon, Riceballtail, Looker, sirdanilot, semioldguy, WeyounsLastClone

With 16 alive it takes 9 real votes to lynch.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 1:51 pm

Post by Looker »

::breaks the surface of reality to take a mafia breath:: *GASP!* Still here, I can swim...I promise...*GULP*...I'll be okay guys, I'm cool...::slipping back under::
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by populartajo »

The amount of useless people in this thread is unbelievable.
Call me Tajo.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 2:08 pm

Post by Looker »

populartajo wrote:The amount of
useless
lifeless people in this thread is unbelievable.
Fixed
:wink:
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by populartajo »

Are you going to contribute?
Call me Tajo.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 2:14 pm

Post by Kast »

@Fire/NKs-
I
think
you guys are harping on a less intuitive reading of Zwet's ambiguous phrase. I know people on these boards are paranoid when other players get defended, but I'm not going to be around this weekend and this looks like everyone jumping on a really forced issue.

Zwet's pretty clearly claiming that his shell protects him from fire. If fire is a form of night killing (fireflower in MK item list makes that probable even if your roles don't say anything about fire), then his shell would protect him from those night kills.

If the argument is that Zwet should know that fire is a form of night killing, I agree that he should be able to guess that with pretty good confidence in his guess. I don't think his post contradicts that line of thought.

Anyway, I won't be around this weekend; probably not available until Monday at earliest. Hopefully we can get replacements for the inactives by then.

@Sirdanilot-
Post the rest of your thoughts after you're caught up.

@Looker-
Get replaced please. Same to other lurkers whose names I don't even remember atm.

@RBT-
It's not just an appeal to emotion; he's clearly imitating one of Zwet's commonly used expressions. In this case, he is pretty justified in doing so. Zwet should provide more (some?) explanation along with his votes, even if just to give us something to laugh at.

Your post is an example of active lurking. Post some content. If you think Tajo is scum, give your reasons clearly. But don't limit yourself just to Tajo, post your thoughts on anyone and anything else.

@Semioldguy-
Buzzy beetles are pretty much fire resistant koopa troopas. If the turtles can use items, then I'd expect buzzy beetles could too. The turtles in MKMI could use items, from that alone I'd assume that the same applies here until/unless evidence surfaces contrary to that-
if you are soft claiming that turtles cannot use items, please be more clear, for now I'm assuming that was not your intention

Preview Edit-
@Tajo-
Want to take back your assessment of Looker as a retard? Also, if he's going to continue posting only to avoid being replaced, I won't mind lynching Looker.

VOTE: Looker
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 2:32 pm

Post by populartajo »

Kast, did you at least read the game I linked to you?
Call me Tajo.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 5:00 pm

Post by Gorrad »

*sigh*
Unvote
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 5:59 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Saying that Koopa Troopas can use items and Buzzy Beetles can't has nothing to do with my role, but rather my knowledge of the Mario games and the Mario universe.

Googling both Koopa Troopa and Buzzy Beetle, here are two image results from the first images page:

ImageImage

Almost all of the Koopa Troopa pictures depict hands, or him holding a golf club or driving a Mario Kart or doing something that requires the use of hands. Buzzy Beetle has four legs and is always walking on all fours. Koopas Troopas walk on two legs in the Mario games, giving them two free hands. There is a relative of the Buzzy Beetle that can use its hands in the Mario Universe, though its name isn't Buzzy Beetle, it goes by a different name: Buster Beetle.

Also AceMarksman made the argument that his PM specifically outlines which immunities he does and does not have. Zwetschenwasser saying he only thinks he is immune contradicts AceMarksman's post in suggesting that his PM doesn't specify whether or not he has a immunity or which ones he does have.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 6:04 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Wait...I'm stupid. I was thinking 'Hmm, fire could be fireflower! He must be protown!' Now I'm thinking "But wait, Mario would know his own kill MO." There may also be other fire-based killings.
Vote: Zwet
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 6:19 pm

Post by killa seven »

zwetschenwasser wrote:I'm a buzzy beetle! I have a shell that I think protects me from nightkills (from fire, to be specific). Now let's lynch poptajo for his unjustified OMGUS on me.
sounds bogus to me.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 10:39 pm

Post by Empking »

populartajo wrote:
caf19 wrote:
Moratorium wrote:
Zwets wrote: I have a shell that
I think
protects me from nightkills
Please explain.
This.
qft
Amen
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 10:52 pm

Post by sirdanilot »

AceMarksman wrote:Thank you, mora.
@sir: It doesn't seem like you're reading as fast as you can, and you're drawing conclusions from the first 1/4 of the game.
I said earlier that I would post my thoughts as I read. Right now my thoughts aren't zwet scum.

the 'I think' thing is iffy in his recent claim.

Who are you to judge how fast I can read? Also you are one of my suspects right now (page 15).
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 11:44 pm

Post by WeyounsLastClone »

@ Gorrad: why would you automatically infer that when you didn't create sirdanilot in this game, it'd mean scum created it? I don't think there are magic users in the Mushroom Kingdom that could summon a Toad or something. It would be too powerful if scum could summon new players that easily. If it costs a lot of coins as you say, I doubt anyone could buy it first night. That said, if you're really Kamek, I don't like how you exposed your self from the getgo day 2 by focusing on sirdanilots appearance. Kamek seems like a powerful role, and now you're an easy target.

@Ace: Do you have coins?
I know at least that in my role PM, it specifically outlines what immunities I do and do not have.
This quote actually makes me feel zwets could be right with his claim, but was a bit cautious in wording it.

And I would like some more serious posts by Empking and Looker.

For now I'll
vote: Gorrad.
because I doubt someone who had that as a real role would have acted like Gorrad did day 2.
"I wish you hadn't done that."
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 1:28 am

Post by ortolan »

tajo (1096) wrote:Tell me, ort, what makes more sense in the SK wagon when his lynch was inevitable?

a) Bus him to get townie points for being in the wagon?

b) Try to prevent his lynch for get scummy points for not being in the wagon?
Yes it is true that if you were his scumbuddy busing him would have been better play. That means neither that you made the optimal play, nor even that you even are his buddy (see below).
tajo (1099) wrote:Ortolan you conveniently missed this:
populartajo wrote:Ort, lest go thorugh this step by step, shall we?
Tajo wrote:His first post of the game was a vote for Shadow Knight showing a bizarre connection with the Ort-SK dilemma, evne though he hadnt finished reading the thread then.
What do you think of this opinion of Looker?
Looker in his first post (615) wrote:
unvote
?
Mora (1101) wrote:I note that you may already have known the answers to your questions, and note the purpose of then asking the question anyways. So my response includes a healthy dose of "You easily could have found this information yourself."
I actually did not know I was included in the list :) Tajo now knows both of my flipped scumbuddies have been busing me.

- I disagree with Gorrad in 1104 thinking the flavour incriminates Sirdanilot.
Gorrad (1117) wrote:Ok, how's this:

How could anyone jump and fall down into a castle? As it's pitch dark, there's obviously no opening to the sky.
Now I see what you mean about pursuing irrelevant minutiae :)
Kast (1121) wrote:@Ort's question about Tajo-
That said, I think Tajo's persistence and posts reflect an earnest (mistaken) belief that his plan was "game-breaking". This attitude makes him look pro-town.
Actually, to be more clear, I think Tajo seemed genuinely convinced that his plan would help him, and I don't think it was aimed at helping the MK

I don't like that he tried backing out of SK's lynch at end of day, however, I don't think anything he said at that point had any chance of actually protecting SK. It looks like distancing but no intent to save (also no danger of no lynch).

The speculation that Tajo may be a third party player actually fits better considering this. In the previous game, the third parties were concerned with collecting coins. The item claiming plan aids that objective by narrowing down players who are more likely to have coins/able to purchase items.
I agree with this and actually kind of brought it up at the beginning of the game (Post 71). Recall that before going with the item claiming plan, tajo wanted a
full massclaim
(although he later claimed not to). I speculated he was some sort of a "punisher" role (which are included in themed games specifically to avoid mass role/name claiming, by having a wincon to say, eat someone in particular or a certain role type in particular [a la Serum & Steel mini theme]).

Also note:
In tajo's 1124 he, for some reason, asked zwet to
claim
(at L-4). Convention dictates one claims at L-1, not L-4.

sirdanilo (1133) wrote:I now have some town reads as well which I think I shouldn't reveal as well as that paradoxically ortolan is quite scummy too (from my read, not from the dumb 'are you not mk' question) im at page 14
why
Looker in his location wrote:Location: Somewhere on a mountian
Kast (1155) wrote:@Tajo-
Want to take back your assessment of Looker as a retard?
LoLLoPoP

- I didn't like the sound of zwet's claim at first, especially him only "thinking" he is protected from fire. Please clarify if your immunity is listed explicitly zwet.

In other news we can definitely lynch WeyounsLastClone now.
WeyounsLastClone (1163) wrote:That said, if you're really Kamek, I don't like how you exposed your self from the getgo day 2 by focusing on sirdanilots appearance. Kamek seems like a powerful role, and now
you're an easy target.
WeyounsLastClone (1163) wrote:For now I'll
vote: Gorrad.
because I doubt someone who had that as a real role would have acted like Gorrad did day 2.
Indeed he is an easy target (pretty likely it's gonna be obvious whether he's telling the truth or not in the future, this is like voting to lynch a claimed cop).

Vote: WeyounsLastClone

Mod: not counted, you have to unvote first
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 2:21 am

Post by caf19 »

WeyounsLastClone wrote:@ Gorrad: why would you automatically infer that when you didn't create sirdanilot in this game, it'd mean scum created it? I don't think there are magic users in the Mushroom Kingdom that could summon a Toad or something. It would be too powerful if scum could summon new players that easily. If it costs a lot of coins as you say, I doubt anyone could buy it first night.
Hmm, I'm not so sure about this. If town have a source of getting people to jump in, it's entirely likely that the scum have one too - it just has to be quite hard for them to do it to keep the game balanced. I've been thinking about what the scum items do, and I think the 1-up mushroom would probably fit flavour-wise the mechanic of bringing people 'to life' so they can jump in. Obviously, this would cost a lot of coins.

Given that the scum didn't seem to get an NK last night, this might imply that they used their coins on a 1-up shroom instead. Obviously there's quite a heavy amount of speculation involved in this, which is why I'm not piling onto a danilot vote (also, we have zwet). Point is, it's very possible that scum have a jumping in mechanic and Gorrad's point shouldn't just be dismissed like that.

Your vote on Gorrad is badly placed, imo.
caf

http://thenailbiter.wordpress.com
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 3:41 am

Post by Gorrad »

This is the post where I state suspicion of WLC which he later calls out as OMGUS even though he's voting a claimed power role D2 when there's another bandwagon rolling.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 4:56 am

Post by WeyounsLastClone »

I suppose with a 1-up shroom they can bring a MK killed person back to life. A star would imply some kind of invulnerability alltogether. Seems enough for scum to me without also having the power to bring even more people in.

And if I don't believe Gorrad, I think it's good to lynch him. Situations like 'it's going to show sooner or later' only lead to WIFOM and useless discussions and can be used by scum to manipulate town.

Gorrad's last post certainly is funny. At least he's doing the thinking for me. you're voicing you're suspicion of me, but why exactly? It certainly isn't because I'm voting you, right?
"I wish you hadn't done that."
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 5:01 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

I'm immune to fire. I don't know if that means I'm NK immune or a specific kill type immune, but I'm guessing it means NK immune.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 6:54 am

Post by semioldguy »

WeyounsLastClone wrote:I suppose with a 1-up shroom they can bring a MK killed person back to life. A star would imply some kind of invulnerability alltogether. Seems enough for scum to me without also having the power to bring even more people in.
If you think the 1-up mushroom can bring dead scum back to life is there a reason that now alive scum wouldn't just "jump in?" If the same player came back I think it would make that person a near auto lynch if they died as scum.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 7:36 am

Post by Gorrad »

WeyounsLastClone wrote:Gorrad's last post certainly is funny. At least he's doing the thinking for me. you're voicing you're suspicion of me, but why exactly? It certainly isn't because I'm voting you, right?
Yes I'm suspicious of you for voting me, but it's not "You're voting me OMG I hate you you're scum" it's because of the circumstances. I can't possibly prove that I'd suspect you even if it wasn't me for whom you were voting, but that is the case.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 8:00 am

Post by semioldguy »

Gorrad wrote:
WeyounsLastClone wrote:Gorrad's last post certainly is funny. At least he's doing the thinking for me. you're voicing you're suspicion of me, but why exactly? It certainly isn't because I'm voting you, right?
Yes I'm suspicious of you for voting me, but it's not "You're voting me OMG I hate you you're scum" it's because of the circumstances.
I can't possibly prove that I'd suspect you even if it wasn't me for whom you were voting, but that is the case.
What?
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 8:01 am

Post by Gorrad »

I suspect WLC for voting a claimed power role on D2 with another, better wagon underway. That person happens to be me. I can't prove that I suspect him for the abovestated reason rather than OMGUS.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 8:12 am

Post by semioldguy »

That makes a little more sense explained that way.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 8:47 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Gorrad wrote:I suspect WLC for voting a claimed power role on D2 with another, better wagon underway. That person happens to be me. I can't prove that I suspect him for the abovestated reason rather than OMGUS.
Why are you voting me?
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”